AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-31, 03:24   Link #1
Destined_Fate

Dynasty Warriors 8

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/omegaforce/new/

Dynasty Warriors 8 was teased earlier in the year as being the most highly anticipated Koei game which many guessed that it was Dynasty Warriors 8. Turns out they were right!

Anyway, so far they've confirmed to have more than 70 characters playable and new additions include Li Dian, Yue Jin, and a new Wu General so far. Sadly no Wen Yang announcement but I'm sure they're just saving Jin's Zhao Yun for last since he's the best warrior Jin has.

Though I worry that they'll drag their feet about Late Era Wu vs Jin battles like they did by stalling at Wu Zhang plains being the end game for 5 main line games in a row.

Apparently it's only 40% done so many more new characters may still get in!

Another note, yes! Yue Jin! Now they just need Yu Jin and they will finally have the entire roster of Wei's Five Elite Generals!

Discuss.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 11:17   Link #2
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

i'm more interested in what kind of modes they are going to give us this time around.
with the way Koei is going lately, i hope this game do get an English dub and not just english subtitle.

i remember playing Warrior Orochi 3 on the ps3 with no dub. it was kind of annoying having
to look down at what those officers have to say while i'm focusing on the action.

well, just waiting on more info. now, i guess.
Old 2012-10-31, 11:39   Link #3
willx
Nyaaan~~

Hm.. I didn't enjoy DW7 that much. In fact, the only ones that I played much of was DW: Empires, because we could create our own characters .. so it was a fun button masher to play with my fiance who doesn't really know how to play video games..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 16:01   Link #4
Destined_Fate

Well they said they're rewriting the entire DW story again so it wont be as static and forced progression as DW7. They also said that What Ifs will be back in as well as a New Mode, for re-playability, and we're getting Free Mode again.

Yeah that WO3 was kinda harsh but sales for the DW series just aren't as strong in the West as the East. However DW is popular enough on its own that we may be getting English VAs. Though I worry for the other Warriors series, Samurai Warriors in particular.
Old 2012-10-31, 19:33   Link #5
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/6978178/1/ < more detailed information about the upcoming dw8

You know.. one thing that I like from DW7 was that it made the story mode better than any of its previous predecessor. I hope this one will also retain that 'feelings' in case of the story mode.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 20:46   Link #6
Destined_Fate

I believe it was said somewhere that the story mode would follow that model of DW7 but will be improved and offer What-Ifs stages(Though the conditions for those are unknown). This way they can still have a progression like DW7(They better keep the Camp and the Camp Conversations) while still offering some variety at certain points.

Though even if characters don't get a stage at least show them. It was a crime itself not to mention the Qiao Sisters at all for Chibi(or the deaths of their Husbands. They should have been at their bed sides!) and not to mention the Nanman Campaign or Zhuge Liang's battles with Sima Yi.
Old 2012-11-07, 16:36   Link #7
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Zhen Ji new looks.
source: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...12219118832616
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-11-08, 10:29   Link #8
Destined_Fate

Seems that I was right, Wen Yang seems like a shoe in. Though it's strange that the leaks reveal that the Shu adds are Guan Xing, Zhang Bao, and Guan Yinping. Guess they wanted to get those two families out of the way already. Poor Wu though seems to be getting adds but not the adds they need, late era. So no fall of Wu in this most likely.
Old 2012-11-08, 19:44   Link #9
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
Zhen Ji new looks.
Images
One thing I noticed is that Zhen Ji and Diao Chan seem to alternate the role of Ms Fanservice. Zhen Ji played that role in 5 and 7, while Diao Chan did so in 6, and presumably 8 as well.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 20:31   Link #10
Destined_Fate

Indeed, no one will ever forget Diao Chan's under boob in 6.
Old 2012-11-08, 21:36   Link #11
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

SSX is always my favorite female character
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 00:49   Link #12
Destined_Fate

I like SSX but her new design makes her look younger and cutesy. We have enough of that already, give her some armor already!
Old 2012-11-09, 03:17   Link #13
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

I'm more interested in Xiao Qiao. Her DW7 appearance was a step above all her previous ones. Hoping it'll be even better in DW8.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 08:29   Link #14
Destined_Fate

The leaks have proven 100% true so far, Guan Xing, Zhang Bao, and Guan Yinping were revealed.

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...66378609_n.jpg - Zhang Bao

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...80077641_n.jpg - Guan Xing

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...90780287_n.jpg - Guan Yinping

Found it on Koei Warriors.
Old 2012-12-06, 20:09   Link #15
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
Zhen Ji new looks.
Images
Love her new look, much better than in DW7.

But still waiting on Diao Chan tho, she is favorite cause I've loved her move sets with the whip, was most fun in DW6 but still very much enjoyed playing her the most in 7 as well.

Rather looking forward to this which is odd cause despite being a huge fan of the series since the 1st game, I've never actually looked forward to their new games before.
I would always just get them when I felt like it but not cause I really really wanted to get them.
Old 2012-12-06, 20:56   Link #16
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Guan Yinping seems nice, although I hope her moveset won't be that slow with that huge weapon. I wonder if they'll add wenchou yan liang this time and expand yuan shao's story.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 03:21   Link #17
Destined_Fate

Wen Chou and Yan Liang suffer even worse than the popular Guo Jia. Koei has said in the past that they don't like adding in short lifespan characters hence why they refused to add in Guo Jia, despite having him on concept for years, despite high fan demand. Those two aren't anywhere near as popular and despite their big names they were easily defeated by Guan Yu.

Those two weren't on the leak either, but others is said to get another add alongside Zuo Ci and many believe it's Chen Gong, who despite short length, is very popular.
Old 2012-12-09, 21:02   Link #18
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I see. Too bad then, since those 2 are supposed to be the pillar of Yuan Shao army. BTW, who's the new character announced so far and who's the returning character that are already confirmed?
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 07:38   Link #19
kiak666

First Promo Video:

YouTube
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 09:43   Link #20
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I do hope the add more Jin character

and WHERE IS MAI ZUO CI!!!

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote