AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-27, 12:40   Link #141
Rias

Well they havn't got to the offical count yet...it takes them about a day to sort thru to see if ther are people who voted more than once per day, that's why the offical numbers aren't out yet.

But seeing how saba was top since 2 days ago...
Old 2008-04-30, 02:45   Link #142
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
Saba was one of the topics which the fans like to make fun of
But still, it's hilarious

So as I pray, Unlimited Saba works XD
Old 2008-05-27, 01:04   Link #143
orange541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
I loved Tatarigoroshi's art so it won't be a problem for me

Klash I think you mean, Hōjō Yutori. I wouldn't mind seeing a Ep drawn by her ether.

I could never get used to Hōjō san's style...Sould it be referred as shoujo style?

Among Higurasi mangas I appreciate the style of Tatarigoroshi hen most~ with the most MOE Rika and Satoko~and there was fewer figure distortions in Tsusuki (I suppose?)san's drawing compared with others.

BUT!! Still my Miyo was not well presented...T-T
Old 2008-05-27, 22:27   Link #144
Rias

Recently just re-read (actually re-read a couple weeks ago but didn't have time to gather my thoughts), and definitely came out with more theories than before. These are just my theories, could've been influenced by others who have posted on this thread. Maybe it's close to the truth, or maybe just worth a laugh:

Spoiler for Meta Beatrice vs Meta Battler:

Spoiler for So, what's with all those butterflies, goat people, magical blades and what nots?:

Spoiler for What's with Beatrice walking into the house?:

Spoiler for From the last point, does that mean XXXXXXXX is the real culprit?:

Spoiler for Then what about the 4th closed room?:

Spoiler for So in Summary...?:

Spoiler for various unsolved mysteries and speculations:

Later when I have more time: Deductions from comparing ep1 and ep2.
Old 2008-05-28, 04:51   Link #145
orange541

special forces "Sea Cats" --built up with hot girls in sailor suits~and wearing cat's ears of course~

great~ must far exceeding the YAMAINU in both MOE index and military~
Old 2008-05-28, 08:39   Link #146
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Rather Leon/Reon? I'm sure he was mentioned at the start of Episode 2, when Kanon ranted how s/he was cleaning only the places where Natsuhi and Krauss would check, while Shannon was blamed by Natsuhi.
There was another servant mentioned in the start of ep1 as well, memories are a bit fuzzled.
Old 2008-05-28, 09:36   Link #147
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Recently just re-read (actually re-read a couple weeks ago but didn't have time to gather my thoughts), and definitely came out with more theories than before. These are just my theories, could've been influenced by others who have posted on this thread. Maybe it's close to the truth, or maybe just worth a laugh:

Man
Maybe you're 100% correct

But I didn't get the impression that the 3rd person (narrator) was trying to 'deceive' us with words, to make things favorable to Beatrice, to the supernatural side

I mean,
If we can't trust the narrator, who doesn't seem to be anyone of the story, I don't know what to think anymore
Each character has a peculiar way of speaking and those don't match with the narrator's

In higurashi, most of the time it was clear when the 'narrator' was someone of the story, like Rika or Keiichi.

Now, he is not anyone... and to think of him as an 'enemy' is kind of hard for me
Old 2008-05-28, 11:12   Link #148
Troyd
waboo

Quote:
Rather Leon/Reon? I'm sure he was mentioned at the start of Episode 2, when Kanon ranted how s/he was cleaning only the places where Natsuhi and Krauss would check, while Shannon was blamed by Natsuhi.
There was another servant mentioned in the start of ep1 as well, memories are a bit fuzzled.
Yeah, I remember now ._.
And about the other servant in episode 1, I think that the name was Manon or something like that, but the name sounds like Mamonn, so it's strange. o_O
Old 2008-05-28, 14:15   Link #149
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Old 2008-05-28, 14:40   Link #150
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post

But I didn't get the impression that the 3rd person (narrator) was trying to 'deceive' us with words, to make things favorable to Beatrice, to the supernatural side

I mean,
If we can't trust the narrator, who doesn't seem to be anyone of the story, I don't know what to think anymore
Each character has a peculiar way of speaking and those don't match with the narrator's
I'm not saying the the narrator is completely biased.
Spoiler:

Runon/Renon - Runon was mention in beginning of ep2. Renon and Manon was mentioned in ep1. Currently plays as much of a role as Enje.
Old 2008-05-28, 15:53   Link #151
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
I'm not saying the the narrator is completely biased.
Spoiler:

Runon/Renon - Runon was mention in beginning of ep2. Renon and Manon was mentioned in ep1. Currently plays as much of a role as Enje.
Well,
In the endroll it says that Beatrice explained everything to Battler, everything made sense and Battler admitted her stuff; maybe you have a point there, in that messed-flashback argument

But, one side of me doesn't want to believe that
Maybe because I naively did read it all believing in each word that was being said and I'd feel like a fool

The only explanation I managed to imagine was for Shannon's first meeting with Beatrice. She had just been humiliated by Eva, it was mentioned that she was hungry, without breakfast. So I imagined she was going nuts there with hunger+heartbroken
Old 2008-05-28, 17:03   Link #152
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:

Spoiler for various unsolved mysteries and speculations:

Later when I have more time: Deductions from comparing ep1 and ep2.
Since Beatrice ordered Rosa to read her letter during the dinner, when everyone would be present, we can assume that Rosa's letter was that one where Beatrice says she'll take everything back from Kinzo. And this letter was found sealed in the halloween party.
Old 2008-05-28, 18:40   Link #153
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
But, one side of me doesn't want to believe that
Maybe because I naively did read it all believing in each word that was being said and I'd feel like a fool
Don't feel sad, Ace. I was the same way... but imagine if everything really is because of Beato's "Magic"

Also, some scenes do seem like someone is talking to Battler(you). So Rias might of found something of interest.
Old 2008-05-29, 03:12   Link #154
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Hey Orange, I see you made it all the way here XD
I have finished the ep2 as well now, and able to participate in this thread~

Sterling that's just wishful thinking~
Spoiler for halloween table:

In other words:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-05-29, 17:42   Link #155
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeor View Post
Sterling that's just wishful thinking~
I can dream...
Quote:
Spoiler for halloween table:
Beato shows alot of "ROTFLOL" faces to Battler. I think the best one was in the 2nd Tea Party

Quote:
Spoiler:
You can say that again

Quote:
Spoiler:
What made Battler a retard?
Old 2008-05-30, 02:27   Link #156
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
I can dream...

Beato shows alot of "ROTFLOL" faces to Battler. I think the best one was in the 2nd Tea Party

You can say that again

What made Battler a retard?
For a lack of better term I called him a retard...
Sterling what do you think?
Who's the killer in EP2?
In the chinese forum we are suspecting the Rosa&Genji/Gohda Pair
and Jessica&Gohda Pair...
Old 2008-05-30, 08:21   Link #157
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

I think the killer is someone we haven't met yet, but if I had to chose from the 18 people... I would say It's Battler
Old 2008-05-30, 16:36   Link #158
Rias

Notice how Kinzo keep proclaiming that the first six is chosen by roulette? Here's an intresting theory from 2ch that looks at it like this:
Spoiler for Devil's Roulette Theory:
Old 2008-05-31, 13:49   Link #159
Rias

Ep3:
Spoiler for not really spoiler, just oversize pic:

New sailor uniform for Ep3. Ryukishi07 has noted that he realizes that people wore blazers at that period of time, but he just feel that sailor uniform had more of a feel to it. He also used blue, instead of red that is dominated in gal-games, since he just plain likes that color.

But wait...who has a hair style like that...? And his wallpaper! I havn't see that anywhere before...
Old 2008-05-31, 14:07   Link #160
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Ep3:
Spoiler for not really spoiler, just oversize pic:

New sailor uniform for Ep3. Ryukishi07 has noted that he realizes that people wore blazers at that period of time, but he just feel that sailor uniform had more of a feel to it. He also used blue, instead of red that is dominated in gal-games, since he just plain likes that color.

But wait...who has a hair style like that...? And his wallpaper! I havn't see that anywhere before...
Rena... drawn umineko style? or it's just Battler's sister.