AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-12, 18:59   Link #6241
reaper with no name

The best solution to the pairing wars would be to leave things open, with enough ambiguity and scenes for each major love interest to keep everyone happy.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm confused about something.

In Chapter 22, the translator's notes say that both Fiamma (temporarily) and Crowley had both attained the power that surpassed God. Is this supposed to be a metaphor (ie, more powerful than the Christian interpretation of God), or is it literal? Because if it is, then God in this story must not be omnipotent after all (or else, why would Crowley need to be going through all the stuff that he is to achieve his objectives?). This, of course, would also imply that Aiwass is also somehow above God.
Old 2010-11-12, 19:25   Link #6242
Miraluka
Banned

Fiamma reached la Persona Superiore a Dio through the christian interpretation of God in the Aeon of Osiris but still he isn't out of the boundaries of the world, the same for Aleister despite being higher than Fiamma in the Aeon of Horus still fails to be absolute and there is no better proof for that he still is supported by powered machines and needs various "tools" in order to achieve his goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choopo View Post
Uahaha Sory my bad, i read it while half a sleep

but Carrisa use 2 so become 2/5 of the orginal

lol, just dual weilding 2 fragments.
Old 2010-11-12, 19:46   Link #6243
choopo

is there anyone who has had a reference of God in the Aeon of Osiris

still did n't get it after reading wikipedia
Old 2010-11-12, 19:56   Link #6244
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't know, I get the impression from Aleister that Fiamma using the Aeon of Osiris does not mean his Magic formula, but rather his mindset and belief and methods.

I mean, the man started world war 3!! The Holy Right was getting stronger from all the negative things in the world. I say that's pretty 'dark and death' and so totally Aeon of Osiris.
Old 2010-11-12, 20:19   Link #6245
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

maybe we now have 3 main characters that will represent the holy trinity, the father:touma representing god, the son: shiage that represent humankind, and the holy spirit: wich represents the in-between or angels.
Old 2010-11-12, 20:30   Link #6246
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I don't know, I get the impression from Aleister that Fiamma using the Aeon of Osiris does not mean his Magic formula, but rather his mindset and belief and methods.

I mean, the man started world war 3!! The Holy Right was getting stronger from all the negative things in the world. I say that's pretty 'dark and death' and so totally Aeon of Osiris.
tru that makes sense and the osiris was defeated by "horus" or taken over by.
Old 2010-11-12, 21:01   Link #6247
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I think bardway and markspace appear in vol 22 chapter 11.... or 10? but the one flere currently translating. the one when they show how the world united to confront Fiamma.
Yeah, Bardway makes a appearance (if Bardway is a 12-year-old blonde girl) in Vol22 Ch11, though she's never called by her name. There's a guy with her (named Mark) that just calls her 'Boss'.

I'll get to that part pretty soon, I'm up to that part right now.
Old 2010-11-12, 21:17   Link #6248
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Yeah, Bardway makes a appearance (if Bardway is a 12-year-old blonde girl) in Vol22 Ch11, though she's never called by her name. There's a guy with her (named Mark Space) that just calls her 'Boss'.
Fixed.
At least we know she has a sister called Patricia so she must have a similar(?) name.
Old 2010-11-12, 21:22   Link #6249
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Fixed.
At least we know she has a sister called Patricia so she must have a similar(?) name.
The 'space' bit was never mentioned by Bardway or Mark himself though in Vol22. However they did say they're from the magic cabal 'Dawn-coloured Sunlight'.
Old 2010-11-12, 21:25   Link #6250
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
The 'space' bit was never mentioned by Bardway or Mark himself though in Vol22. However they did say they're from the magic cabal 'Dawn-coloured Sunlight'.
The DCS was mentioned first in Stiyl Magnus' SS and both, Bardway and Mark appears later in Kanzaki's SS. Look at the charts the girl is enough powerful to be above the level 5's except for Accelerator and Kakine.
Old 2010-11-12, 21:35   Link #6251
pikachuwei

Isn't Dawn Coloured Sunlight the cabal that aleister used to belong to? or was htat golden something...
Old 2010-11-12, 22:26   Link #6252
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
Isn't Dawn Coloured Sunlight the cabal that aleister used to belong to? or was htat golden something...
No, that the Golde Dawn.
Old 2010-11-12, 22:35   Link #6253
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

wait gotta question concering the anime and novels. Have they ever talked about the tune some of the characters hum?

You hear touma with it in railgun ep 7 at the end and ep 1 oof index season 2 by pierce and komoe.

It goes(sorry, pretty sure u cant tell) hm hm hm -hm hm hm- hm hm hmmmm
Old 2010-11-12, 22:54   Link #6254
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

yes i wonder abut that melody too you can hear it in index s1 too, the scene i remember clearly is when index/aogami is heading to touma in the beach.
Old 2010-11-12, 23:05   Link #6255
Xspark

Spoiler for Touma Last part of Vol 22:
Old 2010-11-12, 23:11   Link #6256
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspark View Post
Spoiler for Touma Last part of Vol 22:
We've talked and talked, but nothing will be revealed for awhile now.
Old 2010-11-12, 23:58   Link #6257
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

500,000 views, another milestone for the thread. Kind of weird, since we only hit 400,000 like a month ago lol.

And yeah, we've talked about Touma's death to death already, all we can do now is wait for vol 23 (or SS3 more likely).
Old 2010-11-13, 00:36   Link #6258
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Somehow I feel Kamachi's going to troll us with one novel of no Touma, then foreshadow a return at the end of the book so that we'd wait eagerly for 24.
Old 2010-11-13, 00:57   Link #6259
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper with no name View Post
In Chapter 22, the translator's notes say that both Fiamma (temporarily) and Crowley had both attained the power that surpassed God. Is this supposed to be a metaphor (ie, more powerful than the Christian interpretation of God), or is it literal? Because if it is, then God in this story must not be omnipotent after all (or else, why would Crowley need to be going through all the stuff that he is to achieve his objectives?). This, of course, would also imply that Aiwass is also somehow above God.
I think the GODS in to aruverse are still omnipotent. I would view it as outside of gods bound. Like Aiwass. his an angel but he didn't need to follow his creator the god. Aleister viewed this as beautiful. Because even if it's an angel it didn't need to follow the creator. And all the archangel and angels known are all BOUND to follow the it's creator. As well as we the humans that's been created by it.

If one surpass the bounds that binds as from the creator of all thins. Then you can probably attain the status as a la Persona Superiore a Dio.

Fiamma when he reach that status. Can squash the planet like nothing and can change the arrangement of celestial bodies. It still pales to comparison to the absolute god.

Plus in toaruverse their are tons of sect that one can think that there would be a "GOD of WAR" event. Which I hoped. And I would be seeing touma challenges the gods all over again.

Next volume be it vol 23 and SS3. It would surely be no Touma volume. Only about the people left behind. Well he did say it's "the world after being saved".

And maybe in the end. We can see Touya marching in the windowless building firing a dragon's breath on Aleister. A real deal dragon's breath and not recreated by magic.

I just want a fic of picturing Touma's parents. Touya being a dragon god and Shiina being the immortal phoenix
Old 2010-11-13, 01:41   Link #6260
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Sounds good to me, since he's been getting updates out nearly daily. With the two of you working simultaneously on the older novels, maybe we can have them all translated by this time next year. Crazy dream I know.

Do you know what happened to the stormwolfex guy who said he was interested in translating? Did he decide not to?
Mark the date, 11 November 2011. I'll take that bet.

As for stormwolfex, I'm not sure, maybe O levels or something. Another translator who's supposed to do SS1 is currently having O levels, so I registered it for him.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen