AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2010-01-30, 14:58   Link #121
DC20

They both do.
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 16:15   Link #122
Neovoid

If the Empire had an Air Force similar to WWII Germany or maybe even the WWII Soviet Union, then they should have easily conquered Gallia. Just look at how Germany was able to conquer all of Europe minus Great Britain in less then 2 years. A lot of the credit goes to the Luftwaffe. Also, Gallia has no WWII era fighters which would make them even more vulnerable then Great Britain during the "Battle of Britain" and they are also not protected by a channel. If they have an Air Force, then why not use it to bomb war factories or drop paratroopers to secure key strategic objectives?
Neovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 16:51   Link #123
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC20 View Post
They both do.
Uh, no they don't.

If you remember how the game ended you'll recall that airplanes were not common. The technology of aircraft in VC is similar to that at the start of the twentieth century with only limited testing on both sides.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 17:59   Link #124
DC20

Neo- That's the one major argument against both sides having an airforce, however, it CAN be explained. For one, you have to remember that the war in Gallia was just a sideshow. The major fighting was going on between the Alliance and the Federation. Maximilion was of relatively low standing within the Alliance royal family, and it's likely that, since Gallia wasn't the main front, he wasn't given as much in the way of resources as the other military leaders in Europa were. Either aircraft weren't given to Max at all, or he was given a very limited airforce - limited enough that it wouldn't make a difference and didn't have a huge impact on the battles Squad 7 was engaged in.

It's likely that there weren't any paratroopers because the aircraft technology would likely represent WWI style aircraft, and paratroopers weren't around until Germany used them in WWII (at least to my knowledge). Bombers would very likely have been used against the Federation.

Fallschirmjager - Not quite - The encyclopedia entry says specifically that aircraft are still a rare sight over Gallia. It detailed that aircraft technology was pioneered before EWII, but that Gallia wasn't among those pioneers. Furthermore, it also says that the Imperial Alliance's Tank Destroyer had it's main gun based off of Anti-Aircraft weaponry. This heavily implies that at least the Federation uses aircraft in combat. As the Alliance seems to be technologically equivalent to the Federation, it's also very likely that they are using aircraft in combat roles as well. In my opinion, it was stupid that Imperial Alliance aircraft were not shown in use against Gallia in game, but all of the extra informational supplements point them having at least some sort of airforce.

Last edited by DC20; 2010-01-30 at 19:01. Reason: Spelling
Old 2010-01-30, 19:06   Link #125
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
At the same time, though, it might be an Ethiopian airforce - exactly one (old) airplane.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 20:02   Link #126
DC20

True, the air forces could be small (though probably not outdated... Aircraft aren't THAT old in the timeline. I'd bet Isara's plane would be an older model in comparison, but that the Federation and the Alliance have up to date equipment). However, the fact that anti-aircraft weapons have been invented and see use in the field still point to them existing. I would bet that they're moderately sized for the VC world.
Old 2010-01-31, 22:52   Link #127
Neovoid

If their airforce were limited to WWI style aircrafts, then there isn't really a whole lot either side can do. Both WWII Germany and RA Soviet Union were able to blitz through Europe thanks to their airforce and paratroopers (the Soviets had MiG Jet Fighters). One the best WWI fighter was the Sopwith Camel, the fighter was responsible for destroying 1200 enemy aircraft in WWI. Early bombers were pretty limited to fighters armed with bombs or sometimes either carried Zepplins. The ya Muromets was also arguably the first bomber introduced in WWI by the Russians.

That also brings me to my next question, due to lack of WWII style airforce, is it possible that all sides spent their "Air Force Fund" to give every infantrymen a semi-automatic battle rifle. In our WWII, the US was the only country in WWII that gave every soldier a semi-automatic M1 Garand battle rifle while everyone else was using bolt-action rifles like the Kar 98K and Lee-Enfield. The Geweher 43 saw limited production issued only as a marksman/sniper rifle. Maybe the Empire also spent its "Air Force Fund" building advance tanks and "Land Battleships."
Neovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 17:18   Link #128
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Does the new OVA that's coming out have anything to do with the tv series as in plot wise?
Old 2011-05-10, 23:26   Link #129
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Does the new OVA that's coming out have anything to do with the tv series as in plot wise?
One word. NO.

The OVA is based on the 3rd VC game and absolutely has nothing to do with the anime.
Old 2011-05-13, 06:56   Link #130
kosmos

there is no fansub of VC3 ova yet, right?.
kosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 07:25   Link #131
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmos View Post
The OVA will be release on 29 June.
Old 2011-05-14, 14:32   Link #132
AlHollow

Quote:
In fact, there is a fansub for OVA 1, which was leaked in PSN.

And secondly - yes, OVA heroes are fighting the same war and you can see familiar faces.
Someone from 7th Squad is active player in this story
AlHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 13:07   Link #133
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
DVD and Blu-Rays of the OVA should be out soon.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a