AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-03, 04:11   Link #61
Kensuke

I have to say that I was impressed after first episode, but there was something that I can't point a finger that wasn't right.
Maybe its was having superpower without explanations (like sliding throught walls).

Did anyone get EVa feeling during that scene in laboratory, it was like Shinji (who was brought to see his mother in laboratory, and she later disappears) and his mother. Here it was just reversed (father brings his daughter to laboratory and she disappears).

And after reading Secca's post about second episode, I can't wait it.
Old 2004-07-03, 04:47   Link #62
guess

Hi, I am trying to decide if I am going to follow this series or not. After reading so many positive post, how can I resist? Can you people recommend about which group’s release is, well, better? I have watched both Anime-keep and Ayu release. I found that while Ayu has more sophisticated translation, A-keep is closer to the original meaning of Japanese. I can’t read Japanese; but a little something I noticed: in A-Keep version, they translate the other half of Kurau as “it” when the young Kauru is talking to her father. In Ayu’s version, “it” is translated as “she.” I don’t think Kauru distinguished that when she was talking. I know this is just a tiny thing but there are some more significant differences. I am only using this as an example. I thought it might be kind of important because, well, like someone mentioned here before, I “sort of” thought Kurau was a he.

What do you think?
Old 2004-07-03, 15:22   Link #63
Kai-Lapis
Translator-ish

Kurau 02 from AH released

So...Kurau 02 from AH released. New fonts for increased readability.

Comments appreciated Especially comments on my translation, if possible.

Ep02 seems to keep the promise from 01...the story moves forward, yet a lot of it still remains a mystery. Looks like the series will be good...at least for me.
Old 2004-07-03, 17:44   Link #64
Kai-Lapis
Translator-ish

Kurau Licenced...I guess?

I guess Kurau got licenced by ADV ....

http://animeondvd.com/conitem.php?item=70
Old 2004-07-03, 19:46   Link #65
lavalyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai-Lapis
I guess Kurau got licenced by ADV ....

http://animeondvd.com/conitem.php?item=70
Yes it's confirmed that ADV indeed does have Kurau, and as it is a very good show, please do purchase or at least rent the DVDs when they become available. Show your support for the licensees please!
Old 2004-07-03, 20:02   Link #66
eXistenZ
pls..crac...anime need

dang it

i was about 30 mins to slow to see the second episode.
Old 2004-07-03, 20:15   Link #67
wao
OK.

Oh dangit, well that's another brilliant show I can't see thanks to R1 Licensing. Can't so called support the licensees because it's not going to be available in R3... and the point of having those stupid regions is to separate them so people of one region only watch that region's stuff...

Bah, I was 30 mins too late too. I hear the OP is very nice...
Old 2004-07-03, 20:21   Link #68
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Episode 2 made me incredibly happy. It proved that the excellent first episode wasn't just a lucky fluke, and introduced some strong shoujo-ai vibes in the process.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-03, 21:24   Link #69
eXistenZ
pls..crac...anime need

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Oh dangit, well that's another brilliant show I can't see thanks to R1 Licensing. Can't so called support the licensees because it's not going to be available in R3... and the point of having those stupid regions is to separate them so people of one region only watch that region's stuff...

Bah, I was 30 mins too late too. I hear the OP is very nice...
i could see your problem. there is a workaround, dvd region free players.

brings to mind my idea. iffin i had money id license naruto and let the fansub community keep subbing it, for the love of anime. id also sell dvd's of course. i suspect if ya waved enough money infront of a studio they would agree to that idea.

i prolly wont see this series until rental so about 2 years. where the costs of renting the entire series will be about the price of 2 dvd's.

looks to be a promising series, id would still have loved to see episode 2 tho.
Old 2004-07-03, 23:33   Link #70
wao
OK.

I somehow don't think Region Free/All region players are pretty legal (otherwise might as well have no regions at all...), and hacking existing players to make them regionless makes the warranty void. I COULD try using my dvd-rom drive, but then again importing these things requires credit cards and a fair bit more money than usual (shipping + conversion of currency).

Does anyone know when the soundtrack is coming out, by the way? I would do anything for that ending song: it gives me nostalgic vibes for some weird reason. I keep thinking of old RPG video games and jewels when I hear that. Why why why...
Old 2004-07-03, 23:42   Link #71
gmackenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Does anyone know when the soundtrack is coming out, by the way? I would do anything for that ending song: it gives me nostalgic vibes for some weird reason. I keep thinking of old RPG video games and jewels when I hear that. Why why why...
Reminds me *a lot* of my favorite song by Ryuichi Sakamoto & David Sylvian "Forbidden Colours" from the "Mr. Christmas, Mr. Lawrence" soundtrack . Quite emotionally evocative. I too await the soundtrack anxiously.

Very sad i must now wait quite a while to see the next 12?25?19?23? episodes w/eng subs
Old 2004-07-03, 23:51   Link #72
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
This is licensed already so we will have to wait to see an episode 3 subbed. At least they licensed it early.
Old 2004-07-04, 04:38   Link #73
eXistenZ
pls..crac...anime need

looks like thier is still one group who might be subbing it. unsure tho.

thier is still a good download of episode 2 through a disto not highly used by newer anime fans, they probably dont even know it exists, yet its prolly been around as long as IRC, if not longer.
Old 2004-07-04, 07:01   Link #74
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

If you're thinking of Ayu, they dropped it too. The only two groups, AH and Ayu both dropped it. So no, nobody is picking it up. It seems that with as anal as ADV has been getting lately, no subbing group anywhere seems to want to even begin to touch any ADV shows with a 10 mile long poll. So we're stuck until probubly middle of next year waiting to find out what happens in EP3. Darn. Well, no biggy. I'm kinda undecided anyways after seeing ep2. Just something about it that has me wondering which way they're gonna go. Might talk my local library into getting the first dvd and check out EP3 that way when it comes out and if it's good I'll actually pay to get the rest of the dvds even though I hate paying the outrageous prices ADV demands.
Old 2004-07-04, 08:53   Link #75
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Might talk my local library into getting the first dvd and check out EP3 that way when it comes out and if it's good I'll actually pay to get the rest of the dvds even though I hate paying the outrageous prices ADV demands.
Yeah, $17.99 for 5 episodes is so outrageous.

-Tofu
Old 2004-07-04, 10:10   Link #76
wao
OK.

Aw, er, well let's not get into that topic guys :x

If it's licensed it's licensed, tough luck for all of us. Now that nobody's going to be able to watch this (except for raws), I imagine this topic (should) be rather dead soon.
Old 2004-07-04, 11:11   Link #77
Bullsquat
Strange Love

I was hoping some other distributor would pick this up other than ADV. Why? because this show looks so good that I thought it could the next big thing to come on TV.

CN rarely deals with ADV. Maybe Tech TV?
Old 2004-07-04, 11:24   Link #78
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei
Yeah, $17.99 for 5 episodes is so outrageous.

-Tofu
Dude, that's the lowest price I've ever seen for an anime from ADV. Hmm, maybe they are mending their price gouging ways. Well, if you're curious why I say they're overpriced is because most of the places I try to get them from, especially around here, I can't get a box set like that for anything less than $30.

Of course, then again, I normally don't buy ADV titles anyways. So it's a moot point. Well, unless I can get them for like cheap, and I guess that's cheap enough.
Old 2004-07-04, 14:25   Link #79
eXistenZ
pls..crac...anime need

btw the group that is gonna continue to sub i think is not listed on animesuki.

so that knocks out ayu and AH

if i seen that price i might buy, i dont see less then 30 where i live. only shows that get less then 30 are older series.

heres a example of a local price.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...=&newdeptid=13

usual price is upwards of 30 or more. and another is i dont have a CC to start importing myself from the states. so your 17.99 is US, not canadian. so ya will have to forgive me coz i download licensed anime. and thats usual price for newer dvd's, i aint buying older because i have already seen them. 45 dollars or more for a dvd is outrageous.
Old 2004-07-04, 14:43   Link #80
XtlDragon

I used to pay much for anime too. (example: 60 Euro's for a .Hack//SIGN limited edition box). But i found a good site on internet that provides it for reasonable prices. (hard to find for me, because many sites don't ship to europe to avoid problems). So now i buy more anime than before. But still i find it sometimes too expensive.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, sci-fi