AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-20, 23:07   Link #1261
tsunade666

well if you get shot on your eyeball surely you would go berserk right? "-"

If getting shot on your eye isn't enough for you to go berserk and start firing without limits and don't care about your surroundings then that doesn't apply to mugino. She's pretty much hot headed lady to begin with. That's truly piss her off that she doesn't care on power output anymore.

Plus she did remove her limiter before that. When she goes hunting item. I think... not sure about this though but removing limiter doesn't really endanger her life directly unless she loose control over it.
Old 2010-08-21, 00:36   Link #1262
Pyromania

The Railgun Manga will probably continue to explore Mikoto's descent into a suicidal depression/desperation. It may give us something separate from the novels after that though. Between the Accelerator defeat and the fight with Awaki in Volume 8 was... what, a month? We could get something cool in that time frame.

I'd kinda like to see some more mundane applications of Mikoto's powers. The technopathy could be taken in a couple of cool directions. I'd also like to see her intentionally learning a new skill/application or three.
Old 2010-08-21, 02:22   Link #1263
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

The SISTERs arc should only last for a couple more hours in the story, so we can't get that much between now and when Touma goes to fight Accel. Remember, when Touma approached Mikoto on the bridge she had found out that Tree Diagram had been destroyed and made the decision to go fight and die against Accel herself. We might see her come to that decision after the recent chapter but I don't think we'll see much more than that. It didn't seem like she fought anyone between the time of her finding out about Tree Diagram and Touma confronting her on the bridge, and it didn't seem like she returned to her dorm room either since Kuroko hadn't seen her when Touma came over asking for her. So yeah, I don't think we'll see Mikoto do much more other than escape from the plant and make her decision to fight Accel after wondering around Academy City and ending up at the bridge.

As for what happens after this arc, yeah, it's just a little less than a month between volumes 3 and 8. So unless we get a time skip like the one between the Level Upper and SISTERs arcs, we might get a new original arc involving Uihara and Saten again. After that we'll go into the Awaki arc, and then the Daihasei Festival, and then maybe a timeskip or another original arc while Touma is in Italy, then the ToumaxMikoto date and her helping Index and Touma in volume 13, and then after volume 14 it's her trying to figure out her feelings for Touma. That's going to take awhile to get to though lol.
Old 2010-08-21, 03:00   Link #1264
tsunade666

you pretty much summarize what's probably would had happen in the near future

Though even if their is still couple of hours left. I still wonder what kinda of insane stunt she would do to stop it or would just mop around until she ended up in the bridge.
Old 2010-08-21, 03:29   Link #1265
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You're forgetting the Aug 31st fake date
Old 2010-08-21, 04:06   Link #1266
tsunade666

august 31 fake date? huh?
Old 2010-08-21, 04:26   Link #1267
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
august 31 fake date? huh?
The one from vol 5 where Mikoto forces Touma to be her 'boyfriend' for a while to get rid of Unabara (Quetzal).

There's also that novel that came with the Index DVDs. The one where Misaka and co. went to some Island. Happens right after Sherry Cromwell's arc.
Old 2010-08-21, 04:29   Link #1268
tsunade666

ah that day where touma's luck just went surpass the previews limits of bad luck.

Thanks for the clearing.

I don't remember much about the days anyway even though I know the chronology
Old 2010-08-25, 01:00   Link #1269
pkmntrainer7
Hidden Behind the Truth

There are some spoiler pictures for chapter 34 out, and it looks like the chapter reaches the bridge scene.

Spoiler for 34:
Old 2010-08-25, 07:07   Link #1270
tsunade666

uwaaa great spoiler. now that set the course right on time. I wonder what is the meaning of "touma" in mikoto's eyes.

thanks for the info
Old 2010-08-25, 08:56   Link #1271
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler for 34:
Scary, that face reminds me the yan-yan face me Kaede from Shuffle!.

Spoiler for Mikoto=Original, LOL:

Hey, a destroyed satellite is no that bad, didn't she wanted to mess with the Tree Diagram to begin?

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-08-25 at 09:18. Reason: Forgot the scans ; P
Old 2010-08-25, 09:50   Link #1272
stillmissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Hey, a destroyed satellite is no that bad, didn't she wanted to mess with the Tree Diagram to begin?
I'm not sure what you are saying, but if you are asking why she's so upset,

Spoiler for chapter 34:
Old 2010-08-25, 13:53   Link #1273
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Awesome shots, the art looks extra-good this chapter. Can't wait till scans come out. ^^
Old 2010-08-25, 14:56   Link #1274
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
... For some reason I'm going to feel very, very glad if Touma gave her a Get-A-Hold-Of-Yourself call (would've been better if it's his trademark "breaking your illusion" speech and hand, but that didn't happen in Index, right?). It's just me I know, but I don't like that yandere face

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-08-25, 15:25   Link #1275
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Ya know, I've been thinking about a Mikoto/Accelerator matchup, trying to see if there was any way for her to beat him. Came up with a few possibles that may or may not work:

1. He needs to breathe, so there are various ways of removing oxygen, one of which one of the clones tried to do. Lightning does split the air, creating a temporary vacuum; thunder is the sound of the air rushing back in to fill eat. So you can create a "cage" of electricity to block new oxygen from getting in. This has the side effect of also heating the air within, and while he can vector heat away, it would still eat up oxygen.

2. Expansion of the vacuum idea; a vacuum isn't a vector by itself, so send lightning to "miss" his body just barely, and let the resulting vacuum cause physical damage via lacerations. When he loses enough blood, he'll get weak and pass out.

3. Strong magnetic fields. He doesn't unconsciously vector these away since they don't cause harm... but lure him into a metal building and charge it up with a very strong magnetic field and you can begin to affect the iron in the blood and he brain. By the time he realizes what's going on, he's too disoriented and damaged internally. Magnetic fields do have a vector, so it would count on him not realizing what's going on; would need a distraction. Would would come in the form of...

4. Bright flashes of light to blind him, and loud thunderclap sounds near his ears to deafen him. He's not changing the vector of light, and he consciously needs to block out sound; proper application of lightning and thunder would occur too fast for him to change. Even if he blocks out sound, that still leaves him relatively deaf.

5. More of a silly idea, but... follow him around, zapping the food and water he tries to eat and drink so he can't. Hunger/thirst does him in, heh.

Anyway, stupid ideas, not sure if they've been discussed, but I wondered why they thought so strongly that she couldn't beat him, when the application of their powers does leave openings. The only reason I am left with is: "Somehow he would always be able to outthink her" which means powers doesn't have as much to do with it.
Old 2010-08-25, 17:41   Link #1276
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Kaijo

Well they are certainly different from the ones we usually get around here

1. What's stopping him from redirecting the cage of electricity itself to escape?

2. Bleeding him out wouldn't work, he can control his own blood flow

3. Assuming he doesn't realize it

4. If I didn't recall wrongly, one Imouto attempted to detonate a landmine under Accelerator's feet. The idea is that while Accelerator is walking, he wouldn't be reflecting the area beneath him. While this proves to be wrong, it also seems to me that he can isolate a threat from the general background. Meaning there will never be a moment where he completely reflect something as he has some kind of filter to separate the harmful elements.

5. Now you're just pissing him off
Old 2010-08-25, 18:05   Link #1277
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

You have to keep in mind, though, Accelerator will not just stand still and wait to be hurt. He is incredibly fast and WILL attack. And all he needs to do to stop Mikoto from doing all of those is to just beat her up directly.

He has enough experience using his surroundings to fight
Spoiler for volumes 12-13:
and will probably judge the pros and cons of it and what it can be used for in an instant. He won't fall for being lured into a metal building or will otherwise just destroy the building first and throw the remains at her. Plus, he's used to applying his power for different attacks, so I don't think there's much Misaka can do to surprise him.

At the power level he's at now, Misaka won't stand a chance since he's gotten even more powerful and experienced while she's basically remained the same.
Old 2010-08-25, 19:28   Link #1278
Not Random
看著看著你來來去去

And that's all just base Accelerator. Darkwing is something that shouldn't even be mentioned, as he can apply vectors to things like dark matter.
Old 2010-08-25, 19:43   Link #1279
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

No, he controlled Dark Matter even when he didn't use Black Wings (still handicapped at half of his original power) and beat Kakine easily.

Spoiler for volume 15:
Old 2010-08-25, 20:25   Link #1280
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
@Kaijo

Well they are certainly different from the ones we usually get around here

1. What's stopping him from redirecting the cage of electricity itself to escape?

2. Bleeding him out wouldn't work, he can control his own blood flow

3. Assuming he doesn't realize it

4. If I didn't recall wrongly, one Imouto attempted to detonate a landmine under Accelerator's feet. The idea is that while Accelerator is walking, he wouldn't be reflecting the area beneath him. While this proves to be wrong, it also seems to me that he can isolate a threat from the general background. Meaning there will never be a moment where he completely reflect something as he has some kind of filter to separate the harmful elements.

5. Now you're just pissing him off
1. Well, I'd assume she'd keep redirecting the cage of electricity. As far as I know, Accelerator has to basically touch something in order to redirect it. So he could keep moving, but he's not faster than electricity.

2. His skin still has to to clot, and it will still cause pain.

3. Yeah, heh, there none of these are perfect, just possibilities.

4. Hmm, I never heard about a landmine incident, although I admit I only watched the anime. But it would be pretty cheap if his power essentially makes him "immune to harm."

One thing that also bothered me is the fact that, if his defenses are so passive and automatically redirect things, how could he be shot in the head? The anime said he didn't have time to calculate whatever was necessary to redirect the bullet, but it's also indicated that it works automatically in a passive manner, too. Which is it? The bullet shows that he does have limits, and if you can distract him with enough vector calculations, you can get something through.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen