AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-12-29, 22:30   Link #181
Miraluka
Banned

Can anyone tell me the most anticipated series in this thread until now?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 05:24   Link #182
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Unfortunately, in July 2011, it will be the first anime season featuring unhealthy shows classified now as 18+ instead of general audience.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 05:30   Link #183
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post

Infinite Stratos, Madoka, and Factale seems to be on most people's list...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 05:36   Link #184
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Unfortunately, in July 2011, it will be the first anime season featuring unhealthy shows classified now as 18+ instead of general audience.
Hm. Won't that mean, no more pointless censoring and more liberty with the material?
Old 2010-12-30, 05:41   Link #185
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Infinite Stratos, Madoka, and Factale seems to be on most people's list...
Along with the second season of Kimi ni Todoke.
Old 2010-12-30, 10:08   Link #186
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Hm. Won't that mean, no more pointless censoring and more liberty with the material?
No because I'm guessing the 18+ shows simple won't be made cause no network would broadcast them. But that's just my take on it.
Old 2010-12-30, 10:21   Link #187
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
No because I'm guessing the 18+ shows simple won't be made cause no network would broadcast them. But that's just my take on it.
I understand what you're saying but my point is, we now either get shows which won't have material that requires censoring, or we get 18+ shows which won't have censoring. So on the bright side of things, no more unwatchable middle-crap material. Yeah mass production will drop as the media evolves but overall show quality should increase, or more shows would go straight to OVA. I think we should just wait a little to see if it ends up being good or bad, rather then just fighting change.
Old 2010-12-30, 11:40   Link #188
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Next season doesn't have any titles which I'm, well, dying for, but I'm definitely going to check out quite a few shows, because a lot of them have at least something that picks my interest.

Madoka -- Well, we're all still clueless about the actual plot, but Kajiura Yuki herself is more than enough to get me on board. To make things even better, she's not alone, and having Urobuchi in charge of the story was a big surprise, so I'm really curious to see how stuff will turn out. Personally, I'm hoping for a dark twist somewhere down the road, but that's simply because I think Kajiura's music would fit much more in a show like that. Then again, maybe she'll also surprise me and produce a fantastic soundtrack for a cute type of series.

GOSICK -- Never read the novels but I'm a big mystery junkie. Not really sure what sort of stories are featuered here, but anything resembling classical detective books (Christie's and all) are sure to satisfy me. The fact that BONES is producing it is also a big plus, although director Nanba's inexperience worries me a tad bit. On the other hand, the other day I found out Nanba directed this show, so I can rest in peace now. Right?

Houro Musuko -- I'm not sure how to deal with the whole gender disorder plot, but the trailers look just too good. Fantastic production values all around and a very nice voice cast, including the ever awesome Nana Mizuki. Oh, and I forgot to mention it has Keiichi Okabe scoring it, which is a big attractive to me. After his NieR score, I'm expecting nothing but awesomeness from the man!

Fractale -- Yamakan, Yamakan... I'm a big fan of his (few) works, but I'm not too pleased with everything he's been saying. In a way, and as someone else put it sometime ago, he seems to be keen on becoming the Inafune from the anime industry. And we all know where that ended up. Still, Fractale's premise and world looked really interesting, and just like the sort of show I usually enjoy. Couple that with how much is at stake for Yamakan here (although he doesn't really have any control whatsoever about it, even if the show is good, it's no guarantee it will be a commercial success) and I'm all over it.

Yumekui Merry -- J.C Staff back with a manga adaptation. As usual (see, this is a pattern) I've never read the original material, but the promotional videos did a great job at making me interested in it. The fantasy motifs all around it, like the cats and masked guys and whatever else all remind me of Pandora Hearts, with the exception that there seems to be a bigger focus on action this time. All in all, I'm loving the style and character designs. The trailer also featured some really well animated action scenes. So, why not?

Dragon Crisis -- I'm not too sure on this one. The original material doesn't really strike me as anything other than 'generic', but the staff working on it has produced some nice shows. The main catch is having both Kurata and Ishihama together again, something that hasn't happened ever since Read or Die, which I loved. Masunari's the missing piece out of the R.O.D trio, but Tachibana, while unexperienced with directing complete series, has participated as episode director in a decent number of good shows. The downside is that the production is being handled by DEEN, and although that in itself doesn't really guarantee god awful production values, you can never be sure. On the other hand, the trailer looked nice, not particularly impressive but definitely alright with some interesting details here and there. And I trust Ishihama enough as Chief Animation Director to ensure that it'll stay visually appealing to the eyes.

---

Well, those I'm sure to give it a few episodes, unless the first episode turns out to be so bad that I feel obliged to drop it on the spot. Some other shows still pick my interest, like Freezing and Infinite Stratos, both having displayed some nice trailers from a technical point of view. Freezing had some really nice animation, and I was pleasantly surprised by the nice use of 3D CGI on Stratos, although it looked really good in general. On the other hand, excessive focus on fanservice is one of those things which I can't digest very well, so I'm unsure how I'm going to react to the actual shows when they start. Cardfight Vanguard!! is also worth a first episode, at the very least, because it's getting a JAM Project OP. And I want to see how badly it'll rip off Yu-Gi-Oh. Other than that, depending oh how some of the offerings end up turning out, I might go back to a bit more of Mitsudomoe. The first season started out hilarious, but it was losing steam by the end, so if I find anything more interesting, I probably won't bother with it.

With all that said, overall, it's looking like an okay season to me. Looking back at how many shows I listed, I'm actually surprised at how much stuff I'm planning to watch, haha. And that's a good sign, of course!

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2011-01-02 at 15:54.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 02:24   Link #189
Kagayaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I'm way too lazy to go count by hand, but here are the number of thread search results for each of the following search terms. (These are just people mentioning the shows, not necessarily saying they're interested, but there should be some correlation).

59 - Gosick
35 - Todoke
35 = Musuko (17) + Wandering (18)
31 - Merry
30 - Beelzebub
30 - Fractale
22 - Stratos
18 - Crisis
13 - Mitsudomoe
12 - Madoka
12 - Zombie
11 - Starry
9 - Wolverine
8 - Rainbow
4 - Freezing
3 - Nyarlko
3 - Vanguard
3 - Level
the following had no hits (maybe I suck at searching)
Oniichan / Brother
Suite / Precure
Mai / Family

Gosick has a big lead!

*Disclaimer: This is unscientific and not really indicative of anything. But I thought it was interesting. Feel free to suggest alternative names I should add to the results like I did with wandering son + houro musuko. Also, point out any mistakes I made
Old 2010-12-31, 04:19   Link #190
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... For me Kimi ni Todoke season 2 is the one I'm looking forward to the most. After that would be Gosick - am very curious about that one.
Old 2010-12-31, 06:43   Link #191
Asterisk
Irregularity

Anticipating Gosick, Fractale and Infinite Stratos.
Asterisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 07:25   Link #192
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika - Joining the bandwagon on this one. The staff just looks too good, I love magical girl anime, and the outfits are amazing!

Fractale - The premise is intriguing and carries a lot of potential, especially being a Noitamina series. Plus, Yamakan's ranting has piqued my interest over how this will turn out.

Level E - No idea how this'll turn out, but as it's from the creator of Yuyu Hakusho it'll probably be an entertaining shounen series at the least.

Kimi ni Todoke Season 2 - Yes. Will watch.

Houkago no Pleiades - I'm a magical girl fan and I'd love to see how Gainax does this. Plus, the characters are so cute!

Gosick - Mystery adventure series with a gothic lolita? Consider me sold.

Wandering Son - The premise sounds like the recipe for a cheap trap anime, but since it's by Shimura Takako it's most likely going to be done quite well.

Yumekui Merry - It has an awesome trailer. I hope it can live up to that and deliver some good action.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 22:07   Link #193
cohen

Vanguard will more likely rip of Duel Masters than Yugioh. The same guy who designed the Duel Masters game, in addition to the best MTG player in Japan, are designing the game itself. The Duel Masters guy is, to my knowledge, doing the duel layout for each episode, a position you usually never read about unless it is Yugioh (which has had the same person over all 11 years so far).

It is worth a first episode and perhaps the free starter deck they are giving away with the magazine (forget which one ...)

I don't think it stands a chance to Yugioh Zexal come Spring though.
Old 2011-01-01, 22:14   Link #194
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I understand what you're saying but my point is, we now either get shows which won't have material that requires censoring, or we get 18+ shows which won't have censoring. So on the bright side of things, no more unwatchable middle-crap material. Yeah mass production will drop as the media evolves but overall show quality should increase, or more shows would go straight to OVA. I think we should just wait a little to see if it ends up being good or bad, rather then just fighting change.
Show quality can't increase if they don't have the funding, if they can't sell their anime because it's now labeled R18, more company will shut down before any more 'quality shows' are made. Remember, the anime sales are tanking as is, if they can't even show it on TV to get some much needed publicity, who knows what will happen.

Now to get back on track:

LF:

Gosick and Kimi no Todoke for sure, and Rio because Rio fanservice is <3.
Old 2011-01-02, 04:19   Link #195
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Okay, I've finally decided...

Watching and hoping it'll turn out good

1. Infinite Stratos - I'll be honest, the premise initially made me roll eyes, but over time I've started to get into the characters and setting and now it's become the number one anticipated series... I REALLY hope it does turn out good >.>
2. Gosick - Had been looking forward to this anime ever since I saw one image from Minitokyo years ago...
3. Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? - This was the first series that immediately caught my attention while scanning the list. Zombie? Magic chainsaw? White-haired bishoujo? Meh, I've been tempted by less before...

Willing to try but not sure if it'll turn out good

1. Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica - Strictly speaking, I'm very very very curious to see how this turns out, but would not hesitant to drop it like hot potatoes if I don't like what I'm seeing... Just give me a reason... >.>
2. FRACTALE - Yeah yeah while I'm sure alot of people are excited about it's unique premise and all that, it doesn't mean I would like it because it's unique. I'm giving it a fair chance because it would be embarrassing if this turns out to be awesome, but I wasn't down with it
3. Yumekui Merry - Doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence, but as a general rule I'll try to give a JC Staff action series a chance.
4. Dragon Crisis! - Just barely holding on to my interest, don't really expect much from it... Probably the first causality of this season... >.>

Then carrying on Index2 from last season... That would be a total of 8 shows.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 16:09   Link #196
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Wandering Son - The premise sounds like the recipe for a cheap trap anime, but since it's by Shimura Takako it's most likely going to be done quite well.
Going by the trailers, anyone looking for cheap trap anime will hate this show with a passion.
Old 2011-01-02, 16:46   Link #197
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw View Post
Spoiler for pic:

The Cart Driver Winter 2011 Anime Chart v4
2/3 of those Anime seems to be about sexualizing extremely under aged girls. What's going on in Japan?
Old 2011-01-02, 18:17   Link #198
cohen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw View Post
Spoiler for pic:

The Cart Driver Winter 2011 Anime Chart v4
Whoever made that list made a very big mistake. Akira Ito did not create any part of Yugioh manga. He did however draw for Yugioh R. Kazuki Takahashi came up with the story and concept, and has a better finishing look in the drawing themselves. But Akira Ito does a good job at mimicing the style.
Old 2011-01-02, 18:21   Link #199
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
2/3 of those Anime seems to be about sexualizing extremely under aged girls. What's going on in Japan?
Yeah, how could one whole third of the season forget to do that? Outrageous!
Old 2011-01-02, 20:10   Link #200
snsninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Making them before the bill is in effect? idk

On Topic:
1.Gosick - Looks great and i've been getting into the mystery genre lately
2.IS - Would be number 1 if not for Gosick. At first it was one of my least favorite, but after learning so much about the characters and plot from a thread here I'm excited
3.Beelzebub - Haven't read it personally, but I have high hopes for this show. It's been awhile since i've watched a shonen with comedy as a focus. The baby reminds me of YYH a bit, but cuter.
4.Wandering Son - I like crossdressing related shows and the style is very unique. Could be a pretty good Romance
5.Fractale - the plot turned me off at first, but after seeing the trailer it looks more interesting
6.Starry Sky - Seen ep1 and it's pretty cool so far. Reminds me of Fruits Basket
7.Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? - Not quite sure about this one atm
8.Yumekui Merry - summary turned me off but once again animesuki convinced me otherwise
9.Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica - The staff seems really good and if it is pulled off well could be a favorite magical girl show
10.Dragon Crisis - Pretty meh about this one, but might be good

If there are titles that end up being good that aren't listed please let me know (Angel Beats! ended up being one of these last year and P&SwG almost was)

Last edited by snsninja; 2011-01-02 at 20:24.
snsninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
series