Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-12-31, 18:46   Link #261
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Since we've got no Ghost Hunt next week can anyone offer some tidbits (nothing too spoilerish mind) on episode 14 'A Prohibited Game'?
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeysempai
Question; how far is the anime into the manga? Did that make sense at all? I mean what volumes have been covered so far by the anime?
Epi 14 will start the beginning of vol 4 (which is odd since 12 and 13 are the end of vol 4 but it was a side-story)
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 19:23   Link #262
Starkle
hmm, sleep..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeysempai View Post
Question; how far is the anime into the manga? Did that make sense at all? I mean what volumes have been covered so far by the anime?
Episodes 1-3 covered volume 1
Episodes 4-6 covered volume 2
Episodes 6-10 covered volume 3
Episode 11 is a side story found in volume 2
Episodes 12-13 is a side story found in volume 4

The question I have is the next file "a prohibited game" covers almost two volumes (4 and 5) how many episodes will it take to get through it?
Starkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 19:46   Link #263
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

LKK and I were trying to figure this out since. Based on what we discussed the anime will probably still use the 4 epi arc to cover the remaining manga vols. If they do that then 1 epi will be left over for either a wrap-up or possibly making on arc 5 epis instead. Remember A Forbidden Game starts off in 4 but its only 2 chapts I think since the Silent Xmas is at the end. Plus Im sure the anime will cut stuff (which sucks) but they could possibly animated through vol 9.

(Ouran Host Club got almost 9 vols into 26 epis )
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-12-31, 20:18   Link #264
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Spoiler:

Oh oh...

Spoiler:
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 20:44   Link #265
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Oh oh...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-01-01, 01:27   Link #266
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Edit: Ok I watched 3 again and Naru's explanation is almost the same. Kuroda's sense of being known as a psychic and her anxiety about Naru proving that no spirits were present. I think the main reason he didnt suspect Mai was cuz Mai really didnt have anything to gain from the building not being haunted.
Wrong. Just after Naru proved it was actually ground subsidence, Mai was saying how upset she was to discover that there weren't any ghosts. She got a bit upset at the idea that the building wasn't haunted. Then all hell broke loose and it couldn't be honestly said to be ground subsidence anymore.

Kuroda seemed to be the more likely suspect, but it wasn't really proven. She fit the stereotype closer and she had the most subconcious need for it although Mai's need (and profile) was not non-existent.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-01, 11:41   Link #267
Starkle
hmm, sleep..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Wrong. Just after Naru proved it was actually ground subsidence, Mai was saying how upset she was to discover that there weren't any ghosts. She got a bit upset at the idea that the building wasn't haunted. Then all hell broke loose and it couldn't be honestly said to be ground subsidence anymore.

Kuroda seemed to be the more likely suspect, but it wasn't really proven. She fit the stereotype closer and she had the most subconcious need for it although Mai's need (and profile) was not non-existent.

True, but I don't think she got upset over it, she was sad certainly. I think she enjoyed being around and having something to do besides school. Usually all the poltergeist activities happened after Kuroda got mad and yelled at somebody. or would insist that ghost were there and she could see them. Also when Naru disappeared and Mai was arguing with monk-san and the miko she kept thinking things like Naru get back here and show them that your right. I think Mai believed Naru when he said land subsidence and if she did why would she go around causing poltergeists?
Starkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-01, 13:20   Link #268
LKK

Spoiler for things to look forward to in the next story arc, starting with episode 14:

The last episode list I saw at AniDB.net indicated that the arc would be at least a two-parter. My guess is that the episode list simply didn't go far enough into the future. I expect this arc to last at least 4 episodes.
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-01, 13:56   Link #269
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
But Mai doesnt have pyschic powers like Kuroda claims too. In the end she had more to loose and he does throw a fit and say she's gonna put a curse on Ayako. Mai was much more subdued in the end about the builing not being haunted.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-01-01, 19:07   Link #270
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

You do all know that a human poltergeist doesn't do it on purpose? It doesn't matter if someone believes that they have psychic powers, or if they have anything to gain. Kuroda's belief in her own pschic powers seems to be rather faulty and doesn't really matter. Someone who believes that they don't have such powers is just as likely to be a poltergeist. It is entirely a emotional response. Any strong emotion can cause the response, including sadness.

Anyway, we'd probably see more of such activity if Mai was really the culprit. If it doesn't happen again then it was probably Kuroda by default. I simply feel that if Naru was going to work with Mai on a regular basis, he'd want to be certain that Mai wouldn't cause more psychic trouble.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-01, 22:37   Link #271
LKK

Quote:
I thought the first press of the R2 DVD comes with a special radio drama on the CD featuring the anime cast. They'll be music on there definately, but not sure it's an OST sampler.
Oh foo.
I was really hoping for an OST. I want on OST, dang it!
Old 2007-01-02, 00:08   Link #272
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Oh foo.
I was really hoping for an OST. I want on OST, dang it!
You and me both! Course I do like the OP on the drama cd's.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-01-08, 21:08   Link #273
honeysempai
Lins #1 fangirl / LinxMai

Send a message via AIM to honeysempai
FINALLY! What we have all been waiting for! New episode! It's just too bad that we have to wait another day or so for the raw.

Who has been re-watching episodes? And here's another question, Whats your favorite episode and why?
honeysempai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 23:33   Link #274
ani_d

Gosh, I can not wait for the raw to come out >__<

Anyway, as for my fave episode, there's two, I forgot which episodes but it's definitely the one where Mai and Naru fell in the sewers and that one shot with the ghost who splashes water on people lol That was funny. The christmas arc is nice too just because I saw Lin getting pestered and fawned over by Mai.
ani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 08:09   Link #275
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeysempai View Post
Who has been re-watching episodes? And here's another question, Whats your favorite episode and why?
I'm particularly fond of episode four; it was the ep that made this show a must-see for me. The decapitated doll scene...*shivers* Episode eleven is close second, evil Masako and that hapless ghost lol.
Old 2007-01-09, 10:38   Link #276
LKK

I've been filling in the void with rewatching the episodes. I think I rewatched every one at least once and some scenes several times (usually Naru x Mai moments). Gotta have my Ghost Hunt fix.

Favorite episode: Number 9. That episode has my favorite scene in all the manga or the anime so far.
Spoiler for ep 9:

In addition to rewatching the Naru x Mai moments, I also spend a lot of time watching scenes where the music is clearly heard. I can read the Naru x Mai moments in the manga, but the manga doesn't have the music.

@honeysempai -- love the new avatar!
Old 2007-01-09, 11:40   Link #277
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Screenshots from ep 14, obviously possible spoilers so only click if you need your fix really really badly

Spoiler for episode 14 :
Old 2007-01-09, 12:11   Link #278
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Hooray screens for epi 14, finally I cant get my GH fix. I only hope someone uploads 14 raw since it took me a while to find epi 13
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Favorite episode: Number 9. That episode has my favorite scene in all the manga or the anime so far.
Spoiler for ep 9:

Agreed, that is my fav scene so far in the manga/anime.
Spoiler:

There is one other scene which I love but unfortunely we wont see it for a while (and LKK its not the scene from vol 7 )
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-01-09, 12:14   Link #279
LKK

Quote:
Screenshots from ep 14, obviously possible spoilers so only click if you need your fix really really badly

Spoiler for episode 14 :
Oh my stars and garters.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-09, 12:34   Link #280
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Ah, bearing in mind I'm not a manga reader...
Spoiler for ep 14:

Tags
drama, supernatural