AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-04-26, 20:50   Link #1461
Luminisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
After looking at the list of chapters on wikipedia all I have to say is
Spoiler:
If you need me I'll be in the corner of my room.
Hmm... what an interesting name for a chapter.

Luminisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 23:52   Link #1462
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Surprisingly, there's a lot of oppai fanservice in Hinoki's arc, and the increased frequency of the fanservice in general.

Although it has never been the critical component of TWGOK, I somehow suspect the company in charge of the production will add generous amount of fanservices here and there.
Old 2010-04-28, 13:52   Link #1463
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

(oh you changed your avi)

Well, I think that adding fanservice is inevitable, due to the fact that the series focus is on the different girls and what not, and the current mentality with the industry is to add as much oppai action ad pantsu shots to maximise profit and sell merchandise (hey something got give in this economy) though I suspect that the amount of service treatment it will get will depend on the time slot it airs (it will get it regardless, but in an early one they dont have to over stuff it like a duck).
Old 2010-04-28, 20:41   Link #1464
ellifeedn
Thinker

Looks like my patience was worth it. Whether or not Keima planned that I don't know, but damn!
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 03:06   Link #1465
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

@chapter 95

Ane-ue suddenly got +10 points for her blushes...

It's funny how in TWGoK, when you thought your favourite character must be girl X. Then eventually, another one will soon turn up to suit better with your taste.
Old 2010-04-29, 07:26   Link #1466
Freeter
beyond

"I feel like I've been dreaming for a week..."

Damn, this mangaka sure doesn't skip a beat, even with fillers

Spoiler for flag 95:
Old 2010-04-29, 13:13   Link #1467
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Dunno about you guys, but I certainly like Hinoki after the first time I saw her I guess those types are my favourites, lol

By the way, who do you think have goddess in their body(?) so far ? I think I'm going to re-read this series so that I won't miss anything

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 13:34   Link #1468
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Dunno about you guys, but I certainly like Hinoki after the first time I saw her I guess those types are my favourites, lol

By the way, who do you think have goddess in their body(?) so far ? I think I'm going to re-read this series so that I won't miss anything
Hinoki gets even better in the next chapter.
Spoiler:

It's filled with fanservice (in many ways)!

My list of potentional goddesses: Tsukiyo, Kanon, Kusunoki (although I doubt this because she wouldn't in the school anymore after graduation), and Ayumi.
Old 2010-04-29, 17:45   Link #1469
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Hinoki was blushing
and 100x bust size too
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 20:31   Link #1470
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Hinoki was blushing
and 100x bust size too
Pervert detected Hyahahahaha

btw..
How could some weiss that huge didn't attract another Elsee demon pal.
Did the cloacked figure in the last page use some magic to prevent other demon noticed?
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 22:26   Link #1471
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
btw..
How could some weiss that huge didn't attract another Elsee demon pal.
Did the cloacked figure in the last page use some magic to prevent other demon noticed?
It doesn't matter if other demons sees it or not. When the Runaway Spirit is first spotted, it is registered by the said demon, and other demons cannot interfere until the demon fails to capture the Weiss and/or under a special order from superior officers.

Also, the host, the neo demons and buddies (the human partners) can see supernatural events related with Runaway Spirits. (From chapter 96)
Old 2010-04-30, 10:39   Link #1472
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAKami View Post
It doesn't matter if other demons sees it or not. When the Runaway Spirit is first spotted, it is registered by the said demon, and other demons cannot interfere until the demon fails to capture the Weiss and/or under a special order from superior officers.

Also, the host, the neo demons and buddies (the human partners) can see supernatural events related with Runaway Spirits. (From chapter 96)
intersting...

so when Elsee encounter her first level 4 Weiss, she's been alone till that weiss captured by other (mysterious) demon. Funny how that 'kind and mysterious' demon let Elsee have it, she could take the credit for her self than lend it to Elsee
Old 2010-04-30, 17:55   Link #1473
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
intersting...

so when Elsee encounter her first level 4 Weiss, she's been alone till that weiss captured by other (mysterious) demon. Funny how that 'kind and mysterious' demon let Elsee have it, she could take the credit for her self than lend it to Elsee
The impression I got is that the "kind and mysterious" demon is working off the books. Whether it's another demon shadowing Elsee to keep an eye on her (likely her sister), or possibly a disgraced, exiled demon trying to atone (but not wanting to show themselves). There are any number of tropes that would explain it.
Old 2010-05-01, 04:29   Link #1474
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
The impression I got is that the "kind and mysterious" demon is working off the books. Whether it's another demon shadowing Elsee to keep an eye on her (likely her sister), or possibly a disgraced, exiled demon trying to atone (but not wanting to show themselves). There are any number of tropes that would explain it.
or may be this mysterious cloacked figure want to resurrect weiss only to be captured by Elsee, so she'll gain reputation in Neo-Hell as level4 Weiss Hunter Demon, raise to high rank and make some nice Red Fire Truck's transportation in Hell
Old 2010-05-01, 05:18   Link #1475
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
or may be this mysterious cloacked figure want to resurrect weiss only to be captured by Elsee, so she'll gain reputation in Neo-Hell as level4 Weiss Hunter Demon, raise to high rank and make some nice Red Fire Truck's transportation in Hell
I think there's two different mysterious figures: one who caught Yui's kaketama and left Elsee a better bottle (who we haven't seen yet), and one who talked about the Hinoki's kaketama progressing to the point of success (who presumably showed back up at the end of ch95), but it's hard to tell for sure...
Old 2010-05-01, 16:38   Link #1476
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Yes, I also think so, otherwise it wouldn't make sense for the person who wants to resurrect the Weiss to help someone who wants to stop them from being born (unless they are genre savvy and realise that doing so would win them karma points in the future, but I doubt that)

Now, I already suspected that some other mysterious person interfered with that level 4 while Elsee was unconscious was her sister earlier in the thread, while making the distinction with the clocked figure. But then you mentioned something that made the wheels in my head turn:
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
... and one who talked about the Hinoki's kaketama progressing to the point of success (who presumably showed back up at the end of ch95), but it's hard to tell for sure...
And then it struck me.

Does it have to only be one clocked figure?

Think about this for a second. The Hell government sent several demons in order to mange the captures of all the Weiss in one are alone, so why wouldn't the other side do so? Maybe the panels showing the clocked figure(s) is actually a way to confuse the reader into thinking that there is actually one person actively trying to screw over Hell, when in fact there are at leste 3 people belonging to the same group who are doing the screwing. Yeah, it really is far fetched and doesn't have concert proof, but it makes you wonder...

(though surerman scenario does sound intriguing )
Old 2010-05-01, 18:24   Link #1477
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Yes, I also think so, otherwise it wouldn't make sense for the person who wants to resurrect the Weiss to help someone who wants to stop them from being born (unless they are genre savvy and realise that doing so would win them karma points in the future, but I doubt that)

Now, I already suspected that some other mysterious person interfered with that level 4 while Elsee was unconscious was her sister earlier in the thread, while making the distinction with the clocked figure. But then you mentioned something that made the wheels in my head turn:

And then it struck me.

Does it have to only be one clocked figure?

Think about this for a second. The Hell government sent several demons in order to mange the captures of all the Weiss in one are alone, so why wouldn't the other side do so? Maybe the panels showing the clocked figure(s) is actually a way to confuse the reader into thinking that there is actually one person actively trying to screw over Hell, when in fact there are at leste 3 people belonging to the same group who are doing the screwing. Yeah, it really is far fetched and doesn't have concert proof, but it makes you wonder...

(though surerman scenario does sound intriguing )
Frankly I can see a situation where it's only one cloaked individual, who is in a situation somehow where a Level 4 on the loose is a bad thing for them, but a Level 5 is what they're aiming for. Maybe a Level 4 would be too easy for a combined effort by experienced New Devils (eg: Nora and Hakua) to overcome, so it's a waste of resources to bother creating them, but a Level 5 is strong enough for their goals and to evade easy capture. Yui's Level 4, while considerably more sapient than the ones we've seen before, did seem a little too far on the "Hulk smash!" side of things to be easily manipulated.

Or maybe the goal is to get rid of Elsee/Keima? A Level 4 escaping after being removed from the gap is something that would be solvable with extra support and might be a relatively minor infraction given Elsee's known lack of combat prowess. But with a Level 5, ie: failing to get the kaketama out of the gap at all, you get an instant "Boom".
Old 2010-05-02, 07:51   Link #1478
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
oh gosh, not the D-Gray Man thing again with the ghosts lvling up =// I wonder when Keima´s hand will turn into the "hand of god" or something >_<
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 15:32   Link #1479
umeboshi110

I read the raws in japanese, and I distinctly got the impression that he was approving of Keima's progress, not of the kaketama...
umeboshi110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 16:06   Link #1480
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by umeboshi110 View Post
I read the raws in japanese, and I distinctly got the impression that he was approving of Keima's progress, not of the kaketama...
This could be true, too.

Our cloaked figure (if it's one person) could just be a rogue New Devil (Elsee's oneesan?) who has taken a less proactive stance on things, and an interest in our heroes. (S)he captured the Level 4 "for the lulz", and matter of factly described the imminent likelihood of Hinoki's kaketama being too difficult to exorcise in time, but didn't decide to get involved that time...

Of course, if there are two cloaked people, only one of which has a New Demon style skull sensor, there's no reason not to assume that one of them (maybe our mystery onlooker in 95) is a goddess-controlled heroine...

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen