AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-10-06, 19:42   Link #2081
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
If it's the i7 (Bloomfield) your talking about. It's scheduled for the forth quarther 2008.

Though i heard there are still some problems with the motherboards due to the memory controller being on the CPU. So might be delayed, who knows. No point having a working CPU without a motherboard to fit it in

But eitherway, i won't consider getting it. To expensive. DDR3 and a new motherboard. And the i7 isn't going to be cheap either.
Hm cause I'm saving money up so i can build a computer for Christmas and i don't want to buy an 790i and then the next month the i7 is released

Another question would be

is MP4 vs MKV which is better ?
Old 2008-10-06, 22:46   Link #2082
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
ok.... if you had to describe what this smilie means, what would you describe it as.

>.<

?

Just like Hayashi's avvy

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 23:32   Link #2083
SkyFuser
HijackThis Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, if my experience of Gonzo shows are any indication, it just means plain bad, usually due to unresolved issues.
Thank you ^_^ Saved me a few weeks of searching XD
SkyFuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 00:36   Link #2084
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
MP4 and MKV are both containers which do a very fine job . I am personally biased towards MKV but Mp4 is more standardized (non anime community).

If you want an indepth anaylisis on both this containers. It would be better to refer the Fansub Groups Section of this forum as they deal with it more ^^
Old 2008-10-07, 05:18   Link #2085
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
ok.... if you had to describe what this smilie means, what would you describe it as.

>.<

?

Just like Hayashi's avvy

Well, that smilie itself looks like a grimace to me.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 08:14   Link #2086
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Is that a trick question? You just asked: "How would you describe a happy face?". By "smilie" did you mean emoticon, smiley or something else? Also, what is this and where does "Just like Hayashi's avvy" tie into what you previously said?

If it's all about >.< that's a anime equivalent to a feeling similar to frustration and disgust (of course everyone uses it as they see fit).
Old 2008-10-07, 19:59   Link #2087
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Is that a trick question? You just asked: "How would you describe a happy face?". By "smilie" did you mean emoticon, smiley or something else? Also, what is this and where does "Just like Hayashi's avvy" tie into what you previously said?

If it's all about >.< that's a anime equivalent to a feeling similar to frustration and disgust (of course everyone uses it as they see fit).
Well... you phrased it better than I did. But you explained it well there.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 22:43   Link #2088
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
MP4 and MKV are both containers which do a very fine job . I am personally biased towards MKV but Mp4 is more standardized (non anime community).
I've been spending time lately at the Audio/Video Sciences Forum and have been surprised to see how many people talk about ripping DVD content into the Matroska container. It seems to be growing in popularity even outside our little community.

Of course, most of them still don't know about CCCP
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 07:42   Link #2089
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I just installed Firefox and now I was wondering how I can change the MSN messenger settings because now every time I get the "you received mail" message it opens it in Explorer, how can I change it so that it opens my email in Firefox and now Explorer
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 10:51   Link #2090
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Another question would be

If you want a simple answer, then they're both good with some differences. MKV can offer subtitles, and I hear somewhere that MP4 is more compatible with macs and some portable devices.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 13:58   Link #2091
Solafighter
Hige

Mh 2 questions:

Where can i find the Theard "Translate this for me please"(Or something like that)? I cant find it anymore.

Well i will post this anyway so, can someone translate this for me, please?

Thanks a lot.
Old 2008-10-08, 14:04   Link #2092
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Mh 2 questions:

Where can i find the Theard "Translate this for me please"(Or something like that)? I cant find it anymore.

Well i will post this anyway so, can someone translate this for me, please?

Thanks a lot.
Could Someone Please Translate This? ^_^
Old 2008-10-08, 14:06   Link #2093
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
Thanks. I will put there the translation in.

EDIT: Done

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...05#post1972505
Old 2008-10-08, 23:22   Link #2094
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
I just installed Firefox and now I was wondering how I can change the MSN messenger settings because now every time I get the "you received mail" message it opens it in Explorer, how can I change it so that it opens my email in Firefox and now Explorer
Assuming you're using Windows, go to the Control Panel, Internet Settings. I don't recall which tab it is, but I think there should be something called Programs. If not, cycle through the tabs until you reach the area where you can set your default web browser, email client, newsgroup agent, etc. from dropdown boxes. See if you can change your defaults over to Firefox/Thunderbird.

Note: I'm unfamiliar with the MSN messenger email notifications. If it simply leads you to Hotmail then changing your default web browser might work, although I'd imagine that you've already done it. If it doesn't work, look through the MSN Messenger options to see if you can change what browser it uses. It's possible that it's hard-coded and can't be changed.
Old 2008-10-09, 06:03   Link #2095
Paladinoras
Pancakes

What video type is by far the best quality ever?

I am trying to convert .flv files to make it clearer and I don't know what format will make it look better. AVI? or MPEG?

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 06:36   Link #2096
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

H.264, VC, VC-1 codec on a EVO container (HD DVD Format)

FLV format well its known for good audio video quality . Changing formats wont make a great diffrence

I will asume its MPEG 1 VS AVI then its hands down AVI
Old 2008-10-09, 09:34   Link #2097
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post

I am trying to convert .flv files to make it clearer and I don't know what format will make it look better. AVI? or MPEG?
Geta Boshi names the current top-of-the-line codecs, but I'm afraid none of them will do you any good if you're converting to make it look better.

ANY transcoding will create a worse result, unless you're using some very advanced filtering software for very specific purposes. Changing to a different format can't add information that isn't in the original file.

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 13:13   Link #2098
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post

What Geta Boshi and Kyuusai said;
also, you can't create information that isn't there. If your player displays FLV properly... that is as clear as it is going to get. Changing formats from FLV to anything else really will only introduce more "noise" as information is transformed. What you would need is the original source from which the FLV was created. Alternatively, you could look for more sophisticated FLV decoders, I suppose.
Old 2008-10-10, 16:43   Link #2099
fanty
STARVING ARTIST

Is there any series of detailed history books starting from stone age going up to the end of 20th century?

Not just about Europeans and their voyages, like my school textbooks were (Asia? What Asia?), but completely epic in scope, mentioning everything of significance, all the continents, countries, and notable people.

In short: like history textbooks, but better.
Old 2008-10-10, 16:49   Link #2100
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by yFANTgirl View Post
Is there any series of detailed history books starting from stone age going up to the end of 20th century?

Not just about Europeans and their voyages, like my school textbooks were (Asia? What Asia?), but completely epic in scope, mentioning everything of significance, all the continents, countries, and notable people.

In short: like history textbooks, but better.
You mean a World/Earth/Human History Book or a Book of Earth's/Human's/World's History ... didn't TimeLife released such a thing?
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious