3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-03, 18:56   Link #4641
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Darth, if you want to get ANY respect from Nyx, you're gonna have to stop this shit of calling him someone he isn't.
Why don't you read Dream Travellers previous post and compare it with NyxOne. The tone of writing are similar.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 19:17   Link #4642
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Why don't you read Dream Travellers previous post and compare it with NyxOne. The tone of writing are similar.
I have and they're not.

Basically, this is another case of you claiming something as truth without having any evidence to support yourself. As you've been told before, do your research before making your claims.
Old 2008-11-03, 23:16   Link #4643
darthfury78

Quote:
I have and they're not.

Basically, this is another case of you claiming something as truth without having any evidence to support yourself. As you've been told before, do your research before making your claims.
Believe what you will. And I standby my comments. If you don't like my comments, fine. But don't put down my opinions because I have not put down yours. I have disagreed with a lot of things on this forum. But I rarely made any negative comments about them. As long as you don't bother me, I won't bother you.
Old 2008-11-04, 11:52   Link #4644
NyxOne

Alright, so...Turn 1 should have been an unnecessary recap. Not so stellar an idea, simply because the viewers of Geass knew what happened all last season.

And you still don't seem to get this- you're bothering us because you make totally unfounded claims and suggestions, and when asked to provide evidence to back them up, you either fall back into your unnerving obsession with Milly Ashford and how she mystically influences everything in the story, or you...don't back them up. Which is why you bother us.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 12:51   Link #4645
Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
Alright, so...Turn 1 should have been an unnecessary recap. Not so stellar an idea, simply because the viewers of Geass knew what happened all last season.

And you still don't seem to get this- you're bothering us because you make totally unfounded claims and suggestions, and when asked to provide evidence to back them up, you either fall back into your unnerving obsession with Milly Ashford and how she mystically influences everything in the story, or you...don't back them up. Which is why you bother us.
If we're talking about the "not as planned" its not just Turn 1. The entire project that had been originally planned to follow Season 1 was scrapped. That means a script and plot planning that likely reached well into the season. This is why a lot of things from Season 1 just got dropped and some things became rather convoluted.
But that's just how things go, we have no real idea what the other script would have entailed. I'll be honest, it would have probably been much smoother.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 13:47   Link #4646
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
If we're talking about the "not as planned" its not just Turn 1. The entire project that had been originally planned to follow Season 1 was scrapped. That means a script and plot planning that likely reached well into the season. This is why a lot of things from Season 1 just got dropped and some things became rather convoluted.
But that's just how things go, we have no real idea what the other script would have entailed. I'll be honest, it would have probably been much smoother.
Which is why I feel that we might see a remake of R2 to the format that it was originally slated to be.
Old 2008-11-04, 13:49   Link #4647
Lie

Quote:
Which is why I feel that we might see a remake of R2 to the format that it was originally slated to be.
We aren't going to see any such thing. Speculating on what it would have been or would be is futile because the project was scrapped. You might find a book about it down the road, but nothing will be made.
Old 2008-11-04, 13:51   Link #4648
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
However that is very unlikely, we got what we go and the show is finished for now. To go back and redo it would mean that Sunrise or Bandai would have to actually come out and admit they screwed over their director. The best we can hope for is for Taniguchi to release his original idea in a novel form or something.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 13:54   Link #4649
NyxOne

Quote:
Er, no, honestly. Taniguchi admitted himself that what other ideas he had to start the season (randomly putting the Ashforders, Lelouch and Tamaki on an airship for...no reason, and making Jeremiah's sister into a new Zero) were, frankly, too stupid, and he scrapped them, and he had problems with Turn 1 because of...Rolo, I think. Everything else was fine.
Old 2008-11-04, 13:57   Link #4650
Lie

Quote:
Er, no, honestly. Taniguchi admitted himself that what other ideas he had to start the season (randomly putting the Ashforders, Lelouch and Tamaki on an airship for...no reason, and making Jeremiah's sister into a new Zero) were, frankly, too stupid, and he scrapped them, and he had problems with Turn 1 because of...Rolo, I think. Everything else was fine.
Actually due to the time change they were forced to scrap the originally planned project, and then we get the first few introductory Turns to introduce the new audience to the show. This is why you have discontinuinties and outright dropped plot points that were never resolved.
I'm not saying the other plot ideas were good, but they were set up to directly follow how Season 1 ended and were following that thought pattern. What you see through just "it would have gone like such and such" is an unfinished work, you can't really chastise it fairly for being bad when you never saw it.
Old 2008-11-04, 14:03   Link #4651
NyxOne

Yeah, there was...what...one dropped plot point? Suzaku's connection to Geass? Oh, and the still far-out idea that was Suzaku/Cecile. And C.C.'s name, which actually was never important at all.
Old 2008-11-04, 19:13   Link #4652
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
Yeah, there was...what...one dropped plot point? Suzaku's connection to Geass? Oh, and the still far-out idea that was Suzaku/Cecile. And C.C.'s name, which actually was never important at all.
It's important to me
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 19:28   Link #4653
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcatch View Post
It's important to me
While I'm sure we'd all like to know, C.C.'s real name would only hold any importance to a romance plot... and we all know that romance isn't that big of a deal in CG. Sadly.
Old 2008-11-04, 19:32   Link #4654
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
While I'm sure we'd all like to know, C.C.'s real name would only hold any importance to a romance plot... and we all know that romance isn't that big of a deal in CG. Sadly.
If Okuchi is going to put 3 female leads in, have them all have an attraction to Lelouch, give them all romantic moments with him, and then NOT have him admit he loves one of them or even gets LAID by one of them....Then I hate him for tempting me so much. Code Geass SHOULD romantic god dammit!
Old 2008-11-05, 11:15   Link #4655
NyxOne

When there was no reason for it to be such?
Old 2008-11-05, 16:03   Link #4656
darthfury78

Quote:
We aren't going to see any such thing. Speculating on what it would have been or would be is futile because the project was scrapped. You might find a book about it down the road, but nothing will be made.
Scrapped projects can be reconstructed into a novel, or a Mai-Hime type remake if the demand is there, which it is. I do see a novel being the strongest possible outcome, as it was done with other anime type series in the past, like Gundam, for example. But the decision rests with Sunrise and the Director, who made get that opportunity. Only time will tell.
Old 2008-11-05, 16:29   Link #4657
NyxOne

Give us proof demand is there. Again, research before shit-spouting. I'll have you know that, in Japan, approval of the series has actually dipped now it's been confirmed Lelouch is dead. So unless that is 'demand', of a stupid sort, there is none.
Old 2008-11-05, 16:47   Link #4658
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcatch View Post
If Okuchi is going to put 3 female leads in, have them all have an attraction to Lelouch, give them all romantic moments with him, and then NOT have him admit he loves one of them or even gets LAID by one of them....Then I hate him for tempting me so much. Code Geass SHOULD romantic god dammit!
But it wasn't

It's like hating the first FMA anime series for not having a romantic ending, the first anime didn't have the romance scenes that the manga had so I don't know why you would expect a Maison Ikkoku/Love Hina type ending.

I would be pissed if Ed and Winry didn't end up together in the manga, but I am not pissed that they didn't end up together in the anime.

Besides Lelouch is the classic Tragic Hero, his flawed, and his death is a fitting end for someone who did such horrible things.

Quote:
Give us proof demand is there. Again, research before shit-spouting. I'll have you know that, in Japan, approval of the series has actually dipped now it's been confirmed Lelouch is dead. So unless that is 'demand', of a stupid sort, there is none.
Do you have any proof that approval has dipped due to Lelouch's death?

I am just asking because I want to show nonbelievers who are in denial.

Last edited by Charred Knight; 2008-11-05 at 16:57.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 20:30   Link #4659
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Time Out folks, go back to your corners for a second. I have a couple of words to share.

Code Geass' Legacy: That there is no topic that can be raised about the show that people can't get really worked up about and fight over. Here's another pitch for you:

Code Geass, legitimate trainwreck, or railroaded by certain interests?

*Rings Bell*

FIGHT!
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 22:08   Link #4660
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Time Out folks, go back to your corners for a second. I have a couple of words to share.

Code Geass' Legacy: That there is no topic that can be raised about the show that people can't get really worked up about and fight over. Here's another pitch for you:

Code Geass, legitimate trainwreck, or railroaded by certain interests?

*Rings Bell*

FIGHT!
Ummmmm....>_> <_<

Yes?