Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Use teleportation
I wish I can but I have too much work.
Old 2010-03-14, 04:22   Link #22
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
In the United Kingdom and Ireland, Mothering Sunday falls on the fourth Sunday of Lent, exactly three weeks before Easter Sunday (March 14 in 2010). It is believed to have originated from the 16th century Christian practice of visiting one's mother's church annually, which meant that most mothers would be reunited with their children on this day. Most historians believe that young apprentices and young women in servitude were released by their masters that weekend in order to visit their families.[17] As a result of secularization, it is now principally used to show appreciation to one's mother, although it is still recognized in the historical sense by some churches, with attention paid to Mary the mother of Jesus Christ as well as the traditional concept 'Mother Church'.
Historians think that children who served in houses were given a day off at that date so they could visit their family. The children would pick wild flowers along the way to place them on the church or to gift them to their mothers.
In church too, they give the kids free daffodils (which usually bloom in March and has become associated with this holiday) to give to their mothers since they can't really afford real flowers.
(Didn't stop some of us from picking them from the street side or from someone's garden though... >.>)

This year, will call my mum... again ><
(I called her last week, a week too early aparently)
*sigh*
No cards, or pressies being the odd 6,000 miles away but the call should be enough
(And fast) xD

In Japan however, it coincides with America, so that'll be in May, I beleive.

Anyways
Happy Mother's Day (or "Mothering Sunday") to all the British mums out there!!

(As well as Irish and Nigerian mums too)

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 06:55   Link #23
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Seeing as my relationship with my mother is less than stellar, and I can't get her a "Please die in a fire" card, I'll skip it entirely.

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 08:09   Link #24
Irkalla
I asked for this

It's on the 25th March here where I live. Going to go visit my mom and celebrate my bd there too. Haven't seen her irl for half a year now.
Old 2010-03-14, 10:26   Link #25
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Mother's day doesn't come until May 8th in Italy, so I'm not worried about it yet. I will probably send her a gift of some sort, but I haven't thought about what to send her since it's a little early for that right now.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 10:27   Link #26
aquamarineAngel
being 1 with 0

Send a message via MSN to aquamarineAngel
I've been avoiding to visit her grave ever since my grandparents passed away.
But I'm gonna make an effort this year.

sig by ♠ yours truly ♠
Livejournal | Twitter | Myanimelist
aquamarineAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 11:15   Link #27
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I am bankrupt of ideas, so I was thinking of helping her to clean the house that day. But I probably have to do it again in May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post
Seeing as my relationship with my mother is less than stellar, and I can't get her a "Please die in a fire" card, I'll skip it entirely.
Have you ever thought of forgiving her for all the stuff she had done? It is already in the past, unless she is continuously leeching money off you to gamble, drink, or even worse : maintain a "stable". It isn't exactly healthy to maintain a cold war between family members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
I wish I can but I have too much work.
Ever thought of giving a call back?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2010-03-14 at 14:16. Reason: Unwarranted for commentary.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 11:31   Link #28
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Have you ever thought of forgiving her for all the stuff she had done? It is already in the past, unless she is continuously leeching money off you to gamble, drink, or even worse : maintain a "stable". It isn't exactly healthy to maintain a cold war between family members.
Somehow, I find it impossible to forgive her for murdering my childhood cat, nearly making me miscarry my son, spend the last 30+ years reminding me how worthles/stupid I am while glorifying her other spawn (who I have cut off entirely). The only real reason I haven't written her off entirely is my kids. My inlaws are gone and my folks are the only chance at grandparents they have.

I legally changed my first/middle names to further separate myself from her. There is no forgiving someone like her.

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 14:16   Link #29
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post
Somehow, I find it impossible to forgive her for murdering my childhood cat, nearly making me miscarry my son, spend the last 30+ years reminding me how worthles/stupid I am while glorifying her other spawn (who I have cut off entirely). The only real reason I haven't written her off entirely is my kids. My inlaws are gone and my folks are the only chance at grandparents they have.

I legally changed my first/middle names to further separate myself from her. There is no forgiving someone like her.
Sounds like what my mother went through in the earlier days as she had told me, especially that miscarriage part. Must have really been difficult for you.

I recommend a physical distancing and writing her off completely. At least when your kids ask about grandparents, you can tell them that they live to far and are difficult to visit. If you are thinking of babysitting, putting your kids with her is a risk of making your kids your future enemies, or a subject of hidden abuse. I was told by a few of my relatives back then that my mother is a useless money leeching foreigner (she was when she married my dad) and I shouldn't follow her, at a young age. She proved that she wasn't by working her ass off.

I will take back the 2nd part of the commentary in the previous post, though as a joke it is unwarranted for.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 10:01   Link #30
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Happy Mother's Day everyone. Hopefully you give your mom a nice Mother's Day song like this.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?