AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 60 45.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 19.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 19.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 6.87%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-07, 20:53   Link #21
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Goddamnit Kirino, why do you wear a sweatshirt at night. Missed a panty pull
Old 2010-11-07, 21:01   Link #22
Qikz

Manami! ~~~<3333 All mine!
Old 2010-11-07, 21:05   Link #23
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

It's too bad we probably won't get an episode where she actually does spend a night over at his house.

Also, I really have to wonder what kind of glasses some of you are watching this anime through. There is no way these two aren't going to end up together.
Old 2010-11-07, 21:10   Link #24
Eater of All
NOM

Grandpa of the year right there.

Really cute episode overall; I wouldn't mind having more of these. Manami is so adorable <3. Also, seeing how close her family is, I ain't surprised that Kyousuke finds the Tamuras more relaxing than his own family. At least he doesn't have to deal with a stuck-up dad and a bratty sister there.
Old 2010-11-07, 21:17   Link #25
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

jealous Kirino is jealous. i like it. Though Manami is adorable in her own way too.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-11-07, 21:43   Link #26
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Timewise, how much time passed between this and the last episode? Just occurred to me that Kirino is just coming off of Kyousuke's fake-ish confession and she gets news that he's already spending the night at another girl's house--
Old 2010-11-07, 21:44   Link #27
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I don't know what Kyosuke's problem is. It's perfectly right, even something to be encouraged, to ogle and make a move on your childhood friend when she's as cute, pleasant, comfortable as Manami. It's said the more you know, the more you love.
Old 2010-11-07, 21:52   Link #28
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Wow, that sure was a change of pace from the last few eps. The intensity level was turned way down, but it was a welcome break - both from Kirino's obnoxious behavior and the heavy drama. This was like a whole different series - a wistful slice-of-life romance. It's nice to see a show that can pivot that sharply without losing a beat.
Old 2010-11-07, 22:04   Link #29
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
I don't know what Kyosuke's problem is. It's perfectly right, even something to be encouraged, to ogle and make a move on your childhood friend when she's as cute, pleasant, comfortable as Manami. It's said the more you know, the more you love.
Problem is that in Kyousuke's view, Minami is just a childhood friend. He said so in the episode itself, his view of her is like a grandma, a presence where he can relax from the his own family.

Only problem I found after checking back the with LN was the addition of the conversation about the hypothetical confession. Might have continuity issue if the series ends up to have a second season.....
Old 2010-11-07, 22:07   Link #30
type-R!

I love the jealous Kirino. I don't really like Manami that much so this episode wasn't that entertaining for me. Since the point of the story is for Kyouske and Kirino to get together, then that means that she might go back to her secondary character role.
Really why make Kyouske end up with another girl when there are millions of other animes with that ending. Hopefully this one will be one of the "few"; who cares about controversy or morals , anyway that is just my opinion.
Old 2010-11-07, 22:08   Link #31
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Ack... dieing... from... moe... overload... someone... call.. 911... please...

<flatlines>

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2010-11-07, 22:10   Link #32
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Brilliant episode. Manami's family members were all so entertaining, especially the crazy grandad. Manami herself was really sweet and adorable. Glad she got a whole episode. Now I'm going to feel so sorry for her if Kyousuke ends up with someone else.... *sob* Manami FIGHT! I mean REALLY FIGHT!!
Old 2010-11-07, 22:16   Link #33
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Good episode. Manami's family is really funny.

Rock!
Old 2010-11-07, 22:17   Link #34
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
Manami sure got friendzoned so hard, indirectly. Poor girl.

On the other hand, Kirino moments made me D'AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW. Also, Kirino with the glorious ponytail.
Did she?

Her question and Kyosuke's response could be taken two ways.

Maybe it was "If a girl (me) confessed to you, what would you do?"

"I'd reject her (you), [because I don't want to ruin our friendship]."

Or it could have been: "If a girl (other than me) confessed to you, what would you do?"

"I'd reject her, [because I already have you]".

Not sure how Kyosuke meant it, but it seemed to me Manami took it to be the second version. Remember that that conversation started off of Kyosuke wanting to know how Manami would respond to another man confessing to her. So I would think he'd be thinking the same way (a girl other than Manami).

Personally I thought it came across very strongly to me that they have already come to a quiet, unspoken understanding that they will always be together- and therefor probably marry.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-11-07, 22:25   Link #35
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Here's what really struck me: just how much more appreciated Kyousuke is in the Tamura home than his own. I think that was intentional - where he's barely noticed at home, he's the constant center of attention (and affection) at the Tamura's. You can even see how uncomfortable this makes him at times - he's so used to his anonymous persona at home that being shown affection is unnatural. But you can also see how at home he feels there - fully participating in the teasing and back and forth of her oddball clan.

Is he really clueless about Manami's affection, and is it reciprocated? Too early to say. His comments to his classmate aside, he may very honestly view Manami as no more than a close friend (and I'm rooting for Saori, though it's a Quixotic hope). But there could be more to his banter with her, too. As for Kirino, yes, we certainly see that she's jealous that he decided to spend the night. That's a selfish emotion but it at least shows some sort of interest in Kyousuke.

Much needed backstory for Kyou. He's the much more sympathetic of the two leads and it was necessary to show him in an environment where his every action wasn't a response to something Kirino was saying or doing.
Old 2010-11-07, 22:25   Link #36
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

This episode made me laugh a lot and HNNNNG for Manami. Grandparents and "Rock" were hilarious. Something bugged me though and a theory went out:
Spoiler for Theory:
Old 2010-11-07, 22:27   Link #37
Green²
It's bacon!

No help from the grandmother right there. Sure, you two go right ahead and take that bath together. ^_^ But no, the grandpa is not going to be outdone here! Why I'll just put these two futons together right here...
Old 2010-11-07, 22:29   Link #38
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Once again they decide to skip a chunk of the novel.....what's the rush man.
Old 2010-11-07, 22:33   Link #39
Jarmel

God this shows reminds me so much of my own family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Here's what really struck me: just how much more appreciated Kyousuke is in the Tamura home than his own. I think that was intentional - where he's barely noticed at home, he's the constant center of attention (and affection) at the Tamura's. You can even see how uncomfortable this makes him at times - he's so used to his anonymous persona at home that being shown affection is unnatural. But you can also see how at home he feels there - fully participating in the teasing and back and forth of her oddball clan.

Is he really clueless about Manami's affection, and is it reciprocated? Too early to say. His comments to his classmate aside, he may very honestly view Manami as no more than a close friend (and I'm rooting for Saori, though it's a Quixotic hope). But there could be more to his banter with her, too. As for Kirino, yes, we certainly see that she's jealous that he decided to spend the night. That's a selfish emotion but it at least shows some sort of interest in Kyousuke.

Much needed backstory for Kyou. He's the much more sympathetic of the two leads and it was necessary to show him in an environment where his every action wasn't a response to something Kirino was saying or doing.
I agree. It's somewhat weird in that they don't really care about him but Manami's family adores him but I wonder if that has to do with the cold formality of his family. It seems to me that there was some event where he got into trouble and that ruined the family's perception of him. The way the family looks in that photo in the OP might indicate a change with the dad that affected the family. I mean Kyou's grades seem fine if they're even entertaining the idea of him going to college. It seems even without Kirino they probably wouldn't care about him that much.

I loved the OP changes for this episode. Especially when it shifts from Kyou looking at Manami to Kirino, that was done amazingly well. It sums up the entire show in a way.
Old 2010-11-07, 22:58   Link #40
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Thought it was going to be a dull episode with Manami but it was so relaxing. Hope she still gets decent screentime for the rest of the series.

Had to chuckle at Kirino as well with her slippers
Closed Thread