AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-26, 11:28   Link #61
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
he is the first crew mate, not the first mate. the first mate is the captain's right hand man, his most trusted subordinate. although zoro could easily slip into the role, some could argue that sanji could also fill that spot, or even usopp, or nami.
But as has been said before. Zoro has been doing the first mate's job for ages. The literal thing was meant as a joke. Because I find it is funny that he is literally the first mate.
Old 2012-10-26, 11:56   Link #62
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
anyway

So... I notice nobody else commented on the new cover? Anyway, all I gotta say is that this is definitely one of my favorites already. Though, I sorta figured that we'd have seen Vergo on the cover, but there's always next volume (which should also feature Momonosuke on it, as well!).

And as always, I'll be sure to post that SBS info once it appears....
Old 2012-10-26, 12:30   Link #63
mrShady

Momonosuke for apprentice crewmember.... Not a woman not a guy but a kid to have a bit of both.
Also Zoro is the first mate in anything but name. Even Sanji listens to him when shit get's real.

Either way nice chapter hope we'll have the addicted children stuff fixed soon it's sort of taxing them running around not listening... Also hope we'll get a Zoro redemption soon + some franky humor to spice things up some more.
Though I hope there won't be even more characters introduced, we're already swamped in them adding more will only destroy any pacing we are having.
Old 2012-10-26, 13:22   Link #64
marvelB

BTW:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Well...technically none of the Strawhats have ever stated who their firstmate is...while Zoro fits the role better than most, the position has never been assigned to him.

Personally I like to view the Strawhats as everyone having equal standing, everyone has a job but nobody's above the other aside from Luffy...technically.

^Yeah, this is chiefly my stance, as well. Mind you, I'm pretty sure that Zoro was actually identified as the "vice-captain" a few times throughout the series already, but I'm not going to get into some silly semantics argument over it. EVERYONE'S equally important.

Back on topic, though..... I don't think anyone else brought this up, but I wonder what's going to become of the salamander DF that Smiley/Shinokuni left behind? We saw it get "transferred" to an apple some chapters back, but nobody else has touched it since then. Personally, I think it would be cool if the poison monster got back his old power again, but I also would find it highly interesting if someone else (particularly among the bad guys) were to pick up the fruit......
Old 2012-10-27, 06:00   Link #65
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So... I notice nobody else commented on the new cover? Anyway, all I gotta say is that this is definitely one of my favorites already. Though, I sorta figured that we'd have seen Vergo on the cover, but there's always next volume (which should also feature Momonosuke on it, as well!).

And as always, I'll be sure to post that SBS info once it appears....
I love the new cover Although I was originally picturing Clown's robe/gaseous form to be a purple/pink color (that is if the gas form takes on the color of the cloak or the hair/skin/etc).
Old 2012-10-27, 09:38   Link #66
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
But as has been said before. Zoro has been doing the first mate's job for ages. The literal thing was meant as a joke. Because I find it is funny that he is literally the first mate.
What are you blabbering on about again
Old 2012-10-27, 13:34   Link #67
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
I love the new cover Although I was originally picturing Clown's robe/gaseous form to be a purple/pink color (that is if the gas form takes on the color of the cloak or the hair/skin/etc).
This gaseous form must be Nitrogen or Oxygen I'll bet.
Old 2012-10-27, 20:27   Link #68
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Then where does all the carbon go that makes up the human body? :P

Lets try not to apply any science here.
Old 2012-10-28, 03:02   Link #69
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I think next week we'll jump to a different character, That's usually the way things go.
Old 2012-10-29, 14:23   Link #70
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
What are you talking about we already have a first mate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizoku Keenan View Post
Zoro is the first mate...thats just as obvious as the fact that Luffy wears a straw hat
I'm a huge fan of Zoro and want to see him become the first mate. However, as of now this isn't confirmed by Oda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Thanks for sharing! Awesome cover.

On another topic, when will the frozen prisoners make an entrance?

Also, will Baby 5 and Buffalo have an active role or be less active like Pekons and Tamago?
Old 2012-10-29, 14:58   Link #71
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

wasn't Rayleigh the first member of roger's crew? and Rayleigh became first mate..
if this is true then it can be reasoned that since Zoro is the first member of Luffy's crew therefore he is first mate.
Old 2012-10-29, 17:18   Link #72
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
I'm a huge fan of Zoro and want to see him become the first mate. However, as of now this isn't confirmed by Oda.
You mean he's NOT Luffy's most loyal crewmember?
Old 2012-10-29, 18:23   Link #73
james0246

Quote:
LOL, is there a Joseph McCarthey of the One Piece-verse that is questioning the loyalty of the crew? I don't see one crew mate as being more loyal than another.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-10-29 at 18:41.
Old 2012-10-29, 18:37   Link #74
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I dunno, maybe it's just my strange idea of "First Mate", but apart from the fact that the Straw Hats don't really have a traditional chain of command, Zoro is doing the job of supporting his captain better than any other crewmember. I view him as the First Mate by that virtue alone, due to the aforementioned lack of a chain of command.

The fact that the others have their own duties to attend to also helps. (Gunner, Cook, Navigator, Doctor, Archaeologist, Engineer, Musician)
Old 2012-10-30, 02:39   Link #75
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Technically yes, but there are plenty of times when even Luffy doesn't get to decide what everyone does.
Old 2012-10-30, 03:57   Link #76
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
That doesn't matter...and every crewmember has about the same level of loyalty toward Luffy and the crew as Zoro.
People seem to view Zoro as having more loyalty or whatever simply because of what he did in Thriller Bark...but IMHO ANY member of the crew would have volunteered in the same way, Zoro was simply the only one that could logically go through it and survive.
Old 2012-10-30, 04:44   Link #77
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
That doesn't matter...and every crewmember has about the same level of loyalty toward Luffy and the crew as Zoro.
People seem to view Zoro as having more loyalty or whatever simply because of what he did in Thriller Bark...but IMHO ANY member of the crew would have volunteered in the same way, Zoro was simply the only one that could logically go through it and survive.
agreed! i think everyone has proven their loyalty to luffy at some point, especially after the marine ford disaster that left luffy devastated. every single one of them tried to get back at his side no matter what the odds the moment they heard the news. if that's not loyalty and devotion, i don't know what is.

having said that, where's the new chapter thread? chapter 687 is out! where's james or marvel?
Old 2012-10-30, 04:53   Link #78
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Hmm new chapter is out btw.
Old 2012-10-30, 05:00   Link #79
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Hmm new chapter is out btw.
yeah, i'm still waiting for the new chapter thread but james doesn't seem to be anywhere in the vicinity.
Old 2012-10-30, 05:04   Link #80
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I was thinking if i could just copy and paste and start a thread....but I don't want to get banned lol.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion