AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-11-20, 17:29   Link #1621
sayde

I enjoyed the chapter this week. Zero Squad members exceeded my expectations as far as their personalities were concerned. They all seem pretty likable for now--especially the healer. He instantly got my respect when he pwned Soifon. My favorite part was when he told Unohana that what she's meant to do now was not healing. What's particularly interesting here was the fact that he referred to her by "Retsu" (in quotes)--almost as if to directly imply her new role now is to do justice to her name. This guy must be pretty old if he's actually supposed to be Unohana's senior.

Sounds to me as if Kubo's just officially took Unohana off her leash. This should be fun. I also can't wait to see what "IT" looks like. (And by "IT", I'm referring to the soul king). I wonder if Aizen will find a way to sneak on-board. lol
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 17:39   Link #1622
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

then his "mentor" told her that she must do now is not the neat ... she has to fight I'm sure that's what it implies
!!!
Old 2012-11-20, 17:40   Link #1623
Lendial

Im actually very impressed with the way kt handled the 0 zero characters. I was expecting a bunch of byakuya like stiffs but they all seem interesting especially the ever happy bearded man.

I hope he finds a way to finish this series off cleanly since were already at the end game with the king being revealed.
Old 2012-11-20, 18:05   Link #1624
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
I was also very happy that Hikifune wound up being the cubby woman, but I was kind of disappointed that she had to be so fat she was unrecognizable. (I think back when Kubo mentioned her character he showed a slim silhouette, but really? “Oh it’s so funny! She so fat that even her facial feature are unrecognizable. Ho ho ho!”) I didn’t find it that funny, but more or less, offensive, but I’ll take it with a grain of salt. It’s not like you can have a fat female character that’s not just comic relief, right? I have a feeling Kubo will make her this ‘surprising’ force when it comes to fighting, though.
This kind of humour isn't out of place in Japan, a society where only 3% of the population is overweight. There are a good number of super popular Japanese comedians that have built their entire career on the fact that they are obese. Since it's not considered taboo, Japanese people have few reservations about pointing out your weight or weight gain (especially if you are a foreigner).

Not really relevant to Bleach... but in interesting cultural comparison.
Old 2012-11-20, 18:55   Link #1625
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Kubo denies that he copies Yu Yu Yakusho, but GOD will look like this next few chapters...
Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-20, 19:00   Link #1626
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Shutara a great chance it was part of Division 12 she probably was captain Hikifune BEFORE I say anything as she knew her because Mayuri was captain mayuri but now after Urahara was captain after Hikifune not possible that the knew as mayuri was normally in prison or the period Hikifune captains was so before he knew they were in prison but then I doubt that was a mayuri before the twelfth division Hikifune short jespere a flashback then I say everything but his Shutara did not can be part of the divison 12 at the time (but another) because after not need to be in the same divison to have good strong connection example Ukitake / Kyoraku

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2012-11-20 at 19:18.
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 19:27   Link #1627
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
since Kubo is a troll, I think when Hikifune enters a battle, she will be changed to be a slim woman...
yea thats a safe bet. my hunch too is that she'll be slim and hot at some point in this arc.

Quote:
so far, we know that Zero Division consist of ... a former 12nd division member...
from her discussion with mayuri it's my assumption that she was 12th squad captain. i cant imagine a zero squad member not being a former captain anyway. so i would then assume that she knew mayuri before his imprisonment.

but it doesn't quite make sense since i thought kisuke started the 12th division being the research bureau. that would mean that she came after kisuke and wasn't a captain...? i don't know. something isn't quite adding up unless the 12th division was a research bureau under hers and mayuri's control 100s of years ago. then she got promoted and mayuri got sentenced to prison and the 12th division became a normal squad until kisuke took over
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 19:43   Link #1628
orangejuicetang

Actually, do we know for a fact that Mayuri was captain of the 12th division after Urahara? She could have been Urahara's successor actually, with Mayuri staying as vice?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 20:32   Link #1629
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

so kenpachi is just forgotten about lol. So it looks like urahara is going to come to the soul society next chapter to talk to the zero division. Guessing that was him talking at the end. I wonder if we can see the connection between him and the soul king.
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 20:56   Link #1630
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Actually, do we know for a fact that Mayuri was captain of the 12th division after Urahara? She could have been Urahara's successor actually, with Mayuri staying as vice?
We probably would have seen her in the flashback then
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 21:12   Link #1631
SagaraSouske

Since no one recognize the monk dude, it's likely he may be even older then Yamaji. So Former 4th, 12th and Senshumaru Shutara could be 12th too.
Old 2012-11-21, 01:04   Link #1632
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
Since no one recognize the monk dude, it's likely he may be even older then Yamaji. So Former 4th, 12th and Senshumaru Shutara could be 12th too.
yes I also thought ais but it will not rely on appearance because the Yakuza man I thought he was a veteran of the division of Kenpachi but is not the case therefore it is possible that Shutara either the divison 12 but still waiting to be sure because it will know Mayuri beautiful it can be from another divison ...
Old 2012-11-21, 03:52   Link #1633
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Does the whole "Tensa Zangetsu being taken with" thing mean that Ichigo won't actually have a resolution to the issues with him throwing his powers away (which must really mean something to the embodiment of the thrown-away powers)? I hope it doesn't mean that Tensa Zangetsu will just get hax fixed and Ichigo's ridiculous powerup will come completely from nowhere, as seems to be the way in Bleach
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 06:06   Link #1634
chancs

Why I am getting a feeling that Ichigo's father is/was the captain of the Zero Squad?

He is as weird as the other five shown, none of the captains from 13 squads has acknowledged him or talked about him, marrying off with a Quincy...Yamamoto would have not allowed it if he were under his jurisdiction.
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 06:10   Link #1635
Auron Requies

Ichigo's expression was pretty much a part of my first impression of Zero Squad (Can ya blame me? xD) But I actually ended up liking this chapter too.

So the plump woman IS Kirio, where I went =_=, BUT as Shinji has hinted, she looked different before and has changed considerably. At least my first impression of 'motherly figure' look wasn't wrong. Guess it's a from 'motherly' to 'big mama' look now. A part of me wonders if Kubo will pull of a 'turns into skinny/beauty during the battle' for Hikifune.

Shutara is a little more devious than I thought, just snatching the people on the list just like that. And are those really her arms? Or are they just some mechanical-like attachments (perhaps maybe kido or zanpaktou ability?). Either way, I did like her playful/arrogant tone she had with Mayuri.

Bonze (if that's his first or nickname) is sort of what I expected, except for being a little too jolly. I was thinking it'd be a mix of jolly + wisdom. Guess I need more chapters of this guy to get a better impression.

But the char that takes the cake is the Yakuza dude. I was really surprised that HE was/still is the senior to Unohana. I'd never expected a dude looking like this to be the team healer, which is a refreshing change. If anyone's ever played LA Noire, that's one of the only time's I've seen a 'badass' male healer/medic. I also liked how he had the upper hand on Soifon, who is suppose to be a shunpo master. This dude is easily becoming my favourite member of the Zero squad.

Though there is the the smiling tiny dude (I didn't think he'd end up tiny x X), I'm sure will get something about him in the next chap. All that's left now is to see them in action (or a display of their abilities) but from the look of things, the next chapters will be some down time/plot reveal stuff.
Auron Requies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 08:02   Link #1636
archer_shirou01

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Sounds to me as if Kubo's just officially took Unohana off her leash. This should be fun. I also can't wait to see what "IT" looks like. (And by "IT", I'm referring to the soul king). I wonder if Aizen will find a way to sneak on-board. lol
wait ... what ? Aizen is already in the Royal Palace eating cake with the Soul King .Everyone should had known that by now .
Old 2012-11-21, 09:10   Link #1637
Jarppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
Why I am getting a feeling that Ichigo's father is/was the captain of the Zero Squad?

He is as weird as the other five shown, none of the captains from 13 squads has acknowledged him or talked about him, marrying off with a Quincy...Yamamoto would have not allowed it if he were under his jurisdiction.
Im totally betting same thing.
Jarppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 09:48   Link #1638
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Looks like the King's Palace is throwing away Soul Society for the sake of their king.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 10:24   Link #1639
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
btw, Bonze is the german word for a "big shot", but it's more of a negative term, implying that the person you call a Bonze maybe is greedy and not getting enough (money, wealth,..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
Kenpachi is built like a Bison, he's taken alot of damage during his fights so he could probably bounce back without help.
it was mentioned though that he and Byakuya were equally fucked up to the point where they probably would never again be able to serve as captains
Old 2012-11-21, 11:04   Link #1640
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

What happened to Kenpachi?

Anyway given Kenpachi's omission to the king's realm and the words to Unohana. I'm guess Unohana will finally pick up her sword. And her first act will be to brow beat Kenpachi into learning his Shikai and mystic arts.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter