AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-07-02, 04:04   Link #281
Dop
Mmmm....

I was kind of surprised that either Escha didn't go with Logy to Central, or he didn't pass up his promotion to stay with her, but then again that would have been a bit of a cliche so the fact they didn't do that was an unexpected plus in terms of wrong-footing our expectations.

All in all that was an enjoyable show. Nothing spectacular I'll admit, but just a good solid entertaining show that was fun to watch each week.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 04:59   Link #282
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

As far as I know, there is no romance in Atelier, only teasing.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 15:07   Link #283
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't mind the no-romance, but I'm still kinda bummed that Logy only stayed long enough to get his groove back and then just went back to Central.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 18:48   Link #284
cleo

In the end, this series is nice light-hearted fluff, with some action in the end facing the final boss. Though Escha is a likeable character, I never really warmed up to her due to her voice-actress. What bothered me more, was that it was mainly about Escha's growth, with Logy merely tagging along. I never got the impression he was needed there, so his decision to return to Central was the best ending for me. But it was too rushed, it really needed a talk between Escha & Logy about his leaving.
cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 22:46   Link #285
sayde

On the whole, I thought it was a solid adaption. Not without its flaws, but still solid nonetheless. I do agree with those that felt as if the anime adaption kinda messed around a little too much throughout though. I would've preferred a little less silliness in exchange for a more fleshed out 2 episodes that more accurately depicted the final events of the game.

And this is just my own personal gripe, but I was disappointed with that final battle. When Logy came to Escha by the end of episode 11 asking for her to make something for him (that would require a lot alchemic skill) that would aid in the final battle, I had gotten so excited. I was really hoping that the final fight would feature an adaption of Logy's ultimate Tauzent Blitz attack, but I was wrong. In the end, it just looked like Logy's secret weapon was a basic Roten Blitz. But the actual attack didn't even look like it though. It produced some kind of beam instead. I really don't know what that was about. And to top it off, it was all just to give Wilbell (of all people) an opening to deal the finishing strikes. I mean, she's not one of the main protagonists of this game. Hell, she's not even supposed to be a canon part of that fight! She's DLC for crying out loud!!!! lol
(ok, so I'm a little bitter. I guess I can see why the anime adaption did it the way they did since those spirits of hers are supposed to be pretty powerful and all.)
I guess all I'm trying to say is that it felt anti-climactic for various reasons.

But whatever. All-in-all, it was worth a watch.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 03:29   Link #286
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Just cos she's DLC doesn't mean she's not canon lol.

That being said, I agree the writers did play up her capabilities compared to everyone else (they looks o useless in comparison).
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 11:09   Link #287
LoveYouSaber

Maybe the company's trying to promote Wilbell, who is sort of becoming the mascot character of the Atelier Dusk trilogy. She's going to be playable in all three games and her development as a character can be seen throughout as well. Plus her body and outfit becomes more and more attractive lol.
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 11:31   Link #288
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
That being said, I agree the writers did play up her capabilities compared to everyone else (they looks o useless in comparison).
Comparatively, none of the others really did much of anything. You had Linca who could be a decent Swordsman, but overall she didn't show herself off as being ridiculously powerful. No one really did any training, so it'd have been weird for them to have been cautious around normal monsters yet be able to fight this super alchemist final boss.

As it was, it was weird that Escha's brother/cousin suddenly became a fighter that could make energy shields, and Escha's kouhai had a shield that would make Captain America proud, and I forget if Nio did anything too or not, but if she did that'd also be weird. The best way to win from what was shown in the story was Wilbell's spirit lords, and anything else would've just been weird for the anime as it was presented.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 19:21   Link #289
ginger02

Just finished the first episode, and really liking the show overall.

It's nothing amazing, but it's cute and relaxing. What intrigued me were the character designs, especially Logy's.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 10:05   Link #290
bastek66

Looks like PSV port of game get bonus outfits - bride and groom.
Old 2015-03-20, 22:45   Link #291
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Licensed by Sentai Filmworks.

Just a standard will release it digitally and on home video for now...
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-20, 22:48   Link #292
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Licensed by Sentai Filmworks.

Just a standard will release it digitally and on home video for now...
Ohhh! More good news!

This series deserved more attention in my opnion, but to be fair it also deserved a better end than it got - the last two eps were way too rushed, and in a lot of ways. Even so as a whole I thought it quite good!
Old 2018-06-03, 21:25   Link #293
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 1:

Spoiler for Episode 2:

Spoiler for Episode 3:

Spoiler for Episode 4:

Spoiler for Episode 5:

Spoiler for Episode 6:

Spoiler for Episode 7:

Spoiler for Episode 8:

Spoiler for Episode 9: