AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Characters Poll (Multiple Choice!)
Lelouch Lamperouge / Zero 971 67.43%
Suzaku Kururugi 230 15.97%
C.C. 835 57.99%
Karen Stadtfeld 550 38.19%
Nunally Lamperouge 167 11.60%
Shirley Fenete 215 14.93%
Milly Ashford 175 12.15%
Rivalz Cardemonde 44 3.06%
Nina Einstein 26 1.81%
Lloyd Asplund 216 15.00%
Cecile Croomy 108 7.50%
Cornelia Li Brittania 195 13.54%
Euphemia Li Brittania 216 15.00%
Jeremiah Gottwald 125 8.68%
Viletta Nui 104 7.22%
Diethard Lied 75 5.21%
Shinichirou Tamaki 22 1.53%
Sayoko 74 5.14%
Kyoushirou Toudou 62 4.31%
Clovis La Britannia 38 2.64%
The Emperor 54 3.75%
Authur (the cat) 165 11.46%
Kaname Ougi 41 2.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1440. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-24, 00:37   Link #321
KrimzonStriker

I respect soldiers as people, I'm not saying I don't. I just hate their particular cause is all, not them for simply doing their duty. That won't stop me from breaking out in a smile as Lelouch takes each one of them apart, because it's not them I hate or anything anymore, it's just that by disposing them we are one step closer to destroying Britannia itself. That's war, you kill people who may actually be pretty decent because of you opposing causes and ideals, not because of any personal grievances, just tough luck for them
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 00:45   Link #322
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
I respect soldiers as people, I'm not saying I don't. I just hate their particular cause is all, not them for simply doing their duty. That won't stop me from breaking out in a smile as Lelouch takes each one of them apart, because it's not them I hate or anything anymore, it's just that by disposing them we are one step closer to destroying Britannia itself. That's war, you kill people who may actually be pretty decent because of you opposing causes and ideals, not because of any personal grievances, just tough luck for them
It's not that they're doing they're duty, it's that they've chosen empire over rebellion.

to oversimplify it, they think that Lelouch's way of doing things is only going to make things worse, or they're protecting the people that they care about. And in that way, they're absolutely no different from Lelouch and his allies.

But yeah, it's war, and Lelouch and the Order are going to crush the desires of their opponents in favor of their own. The only way to your dreams is over the bodies of your enemies. Otherwise, you have to simply live with realizing your dream on a small scale, Like Euphie deciding to make life better for one group of weak people in one place with SADJ, or give up and live in despair like Lelouch in episode 1 and 26, or all those honorary Britannians.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 00:49   Link #323
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I suppose it could seem wrong to condemn Suzaku as he seems to be now when I say I like Lloyd, Cecile, and even Cornelia and Guildford at times even though they are on Britannia's side.

The old him though was so irritating with the way he thought while everyone else understood the reality of the situation. Now that he seems to understand reality, it may not be as easy to condemn him any more now that he isn't the person he was before.

I suppose it just comes down to that whole means and ends theme that Taniguchi has in the show.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 00:53   Link #324
KrimzonStriker

So basically no more hard feelings to Suzaku right? We can enjoy seeing Lelouch take him out without any malicious to who he is as a person or for what he believes in, just being satisfied about one less enemy in Lelouch's way on his road to achieving victory!
Old 2008-03-24, 01:04   Link #325
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I suppose it could seem wrong to condemn Suzaku as he seems to be now when I say I like Lloyd, Cecile, and even Cornelia and Guildford at times even though they are on Britannia's side.
Well, fighting for "the pay is good" isn't really a great reason, but I guess Lloyd and Cecil aren't exactly on the front lines, they basically know exactly what they're doing, and they at least tried to protect their "friend" when he was in danger.

As long as they've got some sort of values, it's easy to forgive people.
Old 2008-03-24, 01:12   Link #326
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

@KS: I suppose not. We know he can't be the final enemy though the possibilty is still there I guess. I'd rather that the thing with him be resolved somehow before a confrontation with the Emperor. I don't think Suzaku has earned the right to the last enemy.

@ashlay: Yeah, as long as they have some values it is easy to forgive them though sometimes it is a bit of a stretch. Cornelia and co. have values of a sort though Cornelia had that whole problem with racism though she didn't have any problems with Suzaku in the finale.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-03-24, 07:02   Link #327
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Suzaku all the way, with Lulu in a distant second.

http://community.livejournal.com/shi...to/183946.html

To save myself the trouble because I'm just that lazy, this person manages to lists out reasons of why I love him in a better way than I ever could.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 07:40   Link #328
KrimzonStriker

Wait, what?? I see reasons upon reasons of things to hate Suzaku for and to admire Lelouch for. Not getting what exactly your reasoning is myself
Old 2008-03-24, 10:19   Link #329
Nyoro~n

CC is bloody second !? Where's the love people !? If CC wasn't there Lelouch wouldn't even have a Geass >.< .
Nyoro~n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 11:18   Link #330
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyoro~n View Post
CC is bloody second !? Where's the love people !? If CC wasn't there Lelouch wouldn't even have a Geass >.< .
it's harder for a lot of people to like someone if you don't their motivation. Well, and Lelouch is the main character around here, C.C.'s just a main character.

But it's okay Nyoro~n, I for one love C.C.'s character too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post

To save myself the trouble because I'm just that lazy, this person manages to lists out reasons of why I love him in a better way than I ever could.
Blind faith? He could have just had faith in Lelouch. If that's one thing that still kinda gets at me about Suzaku, it's picture drama 23.95. (though he was in boku mode in that for the very last time, so I guess it's to be expected) I can...understand it, but for some reason I just can't stand that Suzaku would believe V.V.'s words instead of believing in his friend. (like Ougi constantly does with Zero and Nunnally probably did after what happened to Euphie... ) Though I guess that just gets back at the fact that they never really were best friends, at least not afer the 7 year gap...

So much for the pure, noble knight indeed. -_-
Old 2008-03-24, 12:15   Link #331
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post

It's rare to see a fair analysis of both Suzaku and Lelouch though I agree perfectly with it.

Quote:
Wait, what?? I see reasons upon reasons of things to hate Suzaku for and to admire Lelouch for. Not getting what exactly your reasoning is myself
Perhaps you should read the thing.

He likes Suzaku's character because he's a tragic one. I mean no one really likes the "perfect character" and both Suzaku and Lelouch defintely not falls under that.
EDIT: I also mean Lelouch too

In fact it shows just how opposite the two of them are in their characters and that's why I like both of them. IMO those two make the show. It's like Feng Shui, you can't have one without the other.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2008-03-24 at 16:25.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 12:40   Link #332
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I suppose Suzaku could be considered a tragic character after given everything that has happened to him and what he has done in that regard. I suppose you could say the same thing about Lelouch regarding the same thing though.

Old 2008-03-24, 13:27   Link #333
KrimzonStriker

Sure he's tragic, but unlike Lelouch up to this point he's never done anything to deal with his tragedies, always left himself up to fate so he is also in part to blame for his tragedy. I see a full-fledged soldier in Suzaku now, one who no longer allows fate to dictate his course like before. He's still rather mindless though, since now he's become fully subservient to Britannia.

As much as the dynamic between the two former friends is essential to the story, an end is needed nonetheless, and what is Lelouch's goal if but an end? Suzaku no longer works toward anything, he essentially lives as a means now, direction less until ordered to.
Old 2008-03-24, 13:34   Link #334
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Sure he's tragic, but unlike Lelouch up to this point he's never done anything to deal with his tragedies.
There's no comparison. Suzaku is guilty of his tragedy, Lelouch isn't. He made a choice and murdered his father.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 13:53   Link #335
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
There's no comparison. Suzaku is guilty of his tragedy, Lelouch isn't. He made a choice and murdered his father.
But Lelouch is going to murder his. And as C.C. said, the tragedy of 25 at least was certainly one of Lelouch's own making.

They're even now, since Suzaku's moved beyond his guilt and his lies. It's just a matter if you can agree with Suzaku's ideals to any degree or not. >_>
Old 2008-03-24, 13:55   Link #336
KrimzonStriker

He has no ideals anymore as far as I can tell, he's a soldier for a cause with its own ideals along side a personal vendetta against Zero, nothing more... >_>
Old 2008-03-24, 14:58   Link #337
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

That journal is a very good explanation of both characters. I think the article leans a little too much towards the writer being a Suzaku fan, because it leaves out a few other of his flaws and exaggerate some of Lelouch's flaws, but still a good description of the characters.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 15:00   Link #338
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, its hard to find someone who is completely neutral in regards to some characters. It makes good comparisons, but I agree that they do leave out some of Suzaku's flaws and go a little far with Lelouch's.

Old 2008-03-24, 15:21   Link #339
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
He has no ideals anymore as far as I can tell, he's a soldier for a cause with its own ideals along side a personal vendetta against Zero, nothing more... >_>
there is no other kind of ideals than your own in this show.

okay, lets just call it Suzaku's real ideals.
Old 2008-03-24, 16:25   Link #340
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
That journal is a very good explanation of both characters. I think the article leans a little too much towards the writer being a Suzaku fan, because it leaves out a few other of his flaws and exaggerate some of Lelouch's flaws, but still a good description of the characters.
There's always going to be bias which will break the line but this is as neutral as you can get. You don't need to accept it but you can understand it. I like how it goes into the dynamics between Lelouch and Suzaku. When you look at it though they really are polar opposites and the writer puts them on equal footing but slightly favours Suzaku more but that's his opinion.

Quote:
And as C.C. said, the tragedy of 25 at least was certainly one of Lelouch's own making.
So far he's killed two of his siblings who loved him and would've done anything for his family.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2008-03-24 at 16:36.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters, favorite