AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-05-06, 23:02   Link #30521
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I have this concept of making I.S./Sky Girls crossover, so far it hadn't came into fruition.

The idea is simple, I.S.A. get teleported as a whole to Sky Girls-verse. Then they found that plenty of difference is an understatement.
Old 2012-05-06, 23:08   Link #30522
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

... Warhammer? The darkness of that series and the brightness of IS... Mind cannot comprehend. BSOD time.

Rebooting... Resetting information. Memories at 90% capacity. Common sense running at a healthy 25%. Emotions running up at 99%.

Imagination of this thread... 9001%.

Yes, the craziness of this thread is quite often over nine thousand.

Anyway, forgive the crazy awkwardness. I've been planning a few crossovers myself. And a Bleach series of oneshots.
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 23:15   Link #30523
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nah, I meant some ideas about male OC pilot or... something equivalent, Blitz would get an outrage.

And dear my life if the I.S. cast REALLY meet warhammer verse, you know how fierce Speesh mereens fanboys are.
Old 2012-05-06, 23:43   Link #30524
Eratas123

Do pistols have large recoil?
Old 2012-05-06, 23:50   Link #30525
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

I have a plan for an epilogue-ish story, set a few decades after IS. Now, there are about a few dozen male IS pilots, but they're now among the elite of the elite, and the latest is somewhere in the middle.

2 of said pilots are the sons of a now aged Ichika Orimura, but from which harem member, we don't know just yet.

My male OC pilot, Matthew Anderson Davies, isn't exactly like most male IS pilots. He isn't like most people either.

He's blind, after an experiment to engineer more male IS pilots backfired. The process involved injecting nanobots directly into his brain, but while the process would allow him to pilot the IS in the future, the process fried the synapses in his eyes, rendering him blind.

The project was scrapped, and he lives as a ward of the government since his parents couldn't handle his disability properly. They didn't bother to test him with the IS, since they thought he wouldn't be able to handle it. Years later, and going to school, a wealthy entrepreneur/researcher/businessman finds him and offers him a deal.

Cyril Alcott, a relative of Cecilia Alcott (his mother's cousin), CEO of Alcott Arms offers to build him an IS, give him a bright light in his blacked out world.

Half of Cyril's plan is do design an IS like no one had before, and the last part is an apology. Because Cyril was a sponsor for the project that took away Matthew's sight and traumatized many young children. But no one knows that, and neither shall the readers. A year or so later, Cyril has Matthew's new IS, along with another gift.

Dark Solitude.

An IS personified by it's shadowy scheme, and with no sight of the pilot, with only a terrifying upper body like a black knight of old, and armored feet chained like that would be best for all who encountered it. It's abilities are at best 4rd gen, but the technology involved is 5th gen advancement at best.

Now, Detective's themes will play in here...

The IS is almost stationary, using thrusters to shift from one place to another, like a semi mobile turret. Once quickly transported to a new location, the IS will ground itself via claws impaled into the ground, and it will release a fabricated nanobot sand. The IS sends out electromagnetic signals that control the nanobots, sending them out like swarms that slice, crush, and smash at the enemy. The nanobots are so densely packed, it's as if they're mobile shadows.

Inside the IS is pure darkness, with the only sounds being the dulled noises of the battle outside, and the pilot's breathing. If one shone light inside, they would see Matthew's head secured with safety equipment, and his arms stuck in the arms of an IS. A single pad is placed on the back of his neck, controlling the nanobots linked to his brain.

The second gift of Cyril Alcott is an prototype electromagnetic signal computer system hooked into his mind. He basically has a computer in his head that sends out a signal that connects to wifi, other systems no matter the wireless capability, and has hotlinks to the "best" sites that "satisfy" teenage "cravings". It was a joke that wasn't very appreciated. But the gift in general had two effects.

He could hook his brain up to any optical system, hack it, and see through it's eyes. It wasn't true sight, but he could see again. He thinks of it like a video game, watching himself in a third person view at another angle, from where the lenses are at.

The system also allows him to actually see websites and surf the web, which is a big plus.

Now, since the system is linked directly to his brain, and also the IS's, Detective's older ideas play REALLY big here.

The IS is sentient. And it starts to communicate with Matthew. It likes some things Matthew does. But it doesn't like the rest.

And so, it will take action. And it will try to claim control

That's all I have for now at the moment. Plot is still in the planning.

EDIT: Hey Eratas. Pistols have recoil that depends on the weight of the barrel end, and the caliber of the bullet. It's a vice versa thing, heaver end will result in less recoil, high caliber high recoil. Low weight more recoil, low caliber, low recoil. It's about finding a balance when actually shooting. Any specific pistol in mind?

(I'll be AFK for about half an hour. Got to get home. At a certain girl's house right now.)
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 23:56   Link #30526
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Depends

As rain said Recoil Speed = Bullet mass x bullet speed/pistol mass

So:
1. heavier pistol has less recoil (HK USP < HK USP Compact)
2. more powerful bullet has more recoil (50 Eagle > 357 Eagle)
Old 2012-05-07, 00:39   Link #30527
Eratas123

@ Rain - Sounds like Spiderman 3.

@ Senpai - Do blind people have better hearing?
Old 2012-05-07, 00:41   Link #30528
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, normally yes. Because vision took roughly 80% of human sensory control, if it goes 'off' other sensory will use that vacant capability (though not 100%)
Old 2012-05-07, 04:37   Link #30529
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Approximately how tall is the gap between the legs of a person wearing an IS? Need to know if you can roll or slide under it.
Old 2012-05-07, 04:44   Link #30530
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I think wide enough if it's.... well, kept wide, rather than standing upright.
Old 2012-05-07, 04:50   Link #30531
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmm what if Matsura changes her hairstyle to get into the proper mood? kind of like that?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 04:51   Link #30532
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I dunno

Maybe just a quirk
Old 2012-05-07, 04:57   Link #30533
Eratas123

Look at Harushi Suzumiya.

@ Senpai - If two IS got into a charging/grapple match, what would determine who would win?
Old 2012-05-07, 05:00   Link #30534
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Thruster, armor, and (invisible) joint strength.

But of course, pilot skill came into play.
Old 2012-05-07, 05:03   Link #30535
Eratas123

Akatsubaki and Regen, who would win?
Old 2012-05-07, 05:08   Link #30536
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Regen

Because I said so
Old 2012-05-07, 05:11   Link #30537
Eratas123

How about Mysterious Lady and Byaku-shiki?
Old 2012-05-07, 05:12   Link #30538
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Mysterious Lady
Old 2012-05-07, 05:23   Link #30539
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

On what grounds will nations be able to recall their respective Rep Cadets from the Academy/any other place?
Old 2012-05-07, 05:34   Link #30540
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No grounds, per Ichika's claim.

They get inverse diplomatic immunity of sort.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest