AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2007-12-14, 08:27   Link #341
Ashyukun

I'd really like to see the last dozen or so episode of Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z subbed, as well as Les Mis: Shoujo Cosette (which oddly I'm not finding on ANN's encyclopedia any more... the page is still there and accessible via Google, but I can find no links from the encyclopedia pages themselves). DPPGZ was just a whole lot of fun, and Les Mis was shaping up to be quite good- especially with having seen screen-shots of later episodes.
Ashyukun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 02:24   Link #342
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Ah, I miss Daa! Daa! Daa!. Episode 1 was the first DIVX-encoded file I ever watched... geez, must have been nigh 6 years ago.

And some people in this thread were complaining about a stall of 4 weeks.... Releases on this anime have slowed to one every 6 months.

I really like this peaceful little comedy.

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 03:15   Link #343
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious View Post
Ah, I miss Daa! Daa! Daa!. Episode 1 was the first DIVX-encoded file I ever watched... geez, must have been nigh 6 years ago.

And some people in this thread were complaining about a stall of 4 weeks.... Releases on this anime have slowed to one every 6 months.
Actually, since the last episode was fansubbed, it will have been 12 months as of next week. Daa Daa Daa fansubbing is basically dead now.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 01:25   Link #344
zka

Don't know if its mentioned but... Kyou Kara Ore Wa!!

Whoever saw the first subbed episode must have loved it. But yet no one picks it up
zka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 01:48   Link #345
VincentRPG
Fansubber

I'd personally love to sub Kyou Kara Ore Wa!!, but it is really hard to find raws for the series, If you happen to come accross or have the dvd's please drop me a note here on animesuki forums.

Also, Since the upcoming winter season is sorta... "iffy" on a bunch of shows, I think the fansubbers will be looking here more to see if there is anything that the fans want done. I'll make a educated assumption here, and say that they (The fansubbers) most likely won't reply to anything that is a week behind, or maybe two, just cause that fansub group isn't releasing at the speed you think they should be slaving at. So research your requests first, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to have the dvd's on hand or at least raws, so the groups can review it. ^_^

- Vincent
Old 2007-12-28, 02:00   Link #346
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentRPG View Post
I'd personally love to sub Kyou Kara Ore Wa!!, but it is really hard to find raws for the series, If you happen to come accross or have the dvd's please drop me a note here on animesuki forums.

Also, Since the upcoming winter season is sorta... "iffy" on a bunch of shows, I think the fansubbers will be looking here more to see if there is anything that the fans want done. I'll make a educated assumption here, and say that they (The fansubbers) most likely won't reply to anything that is a week behind, or maybe two, just cause that fansub group isn't releasing at the speed you think they should be slaving at. So research your requests first, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to have the dvd's on hand or at least raws, so the groups can review it. ^_^

- Vincent
I had raws of it and handed them over to loae666 YEARS ago but I am sure those are all gone by now. He was working on translating the show prior to his retirement. It's not a bad show.

You should do what I did at the time... Find someone who can capture video who lives in Japan and have them go down to the local Tsutaya video rental store and rent the entire show on VHS. I imagine Shinsen has the resources to pull that off.

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 02:08   Link #347
VincentRPG
Fansubber

Not a bad idea tofu, I'm sure I can ask someone to do it. But for other hard to find things, I'm sure if the fans want them subbed, they would be willing to at least try and find the raw source for the fansubbers who would fansub it for them. We're not all around slaves, are we? ^_^

- Vincent
Old 2007-12-28, 09:15   Link #348
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Les Miserables- Shoujo Cossette T_T i am dying to see the rest of it, I really want to know what happens to Cossette. I am not sure who was subbing it, but I think they've dropped it.
Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 16:01   Link #349
PerfectlyNormal
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerion View Post
That and the rest of the Hellsing Ultimate OVA.
Hard to sub that which isn't released yet. Next episode of Hellsing Ultimate is due for release 22.02.2008 according to AniDB. Looking forward to it
PerfectlyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 02:52   Link #350
Keruri
Like a falling star

Mirumo de Pon would be my top choice. SUCH a cute show.
Other than that.... I agree on Daa! Daa! Daa!. Also, Gakuen Alice stopped at 16, and Moetan's gone no further than 5 (no, I'm not a pervert, I think it's cute. >_>).
Keruri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 03:21   Link #351
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruri View Post
Also, Gakuen Alice stopped at 16
No, Gakuen Alice was finished by another group.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 07:04   Link #352
ScR3WiEuS
My E-Penis > Your E-Penis
*Fansubber

last time i asked, aone was stuck @ QC for DaaDaaDaa.
so i suggest that if you want to see it done you'd better volunteer for QC.
that'll be the quickest way
Old 2007-12-29, 14:27   Link #353
VincentRPG
Fansubber

I thought it was stuck on typsetting. Oh well, whatever.
Old 2007-12-29, 15:22   Link #354
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Himawari!!
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 17:14   Link #355
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
Les Miserables- Shoujo Cossette T_T i am dying to see the rest of it, I really want to know what happens to Cossette. I am not sure who was subbing it, but I think they've dropped it.
I feel your pain there ;_;
But, there seem to be a new group subbing it... "Formula subs" was it?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2008-01-02 at 01:16.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 07:02   Link #356
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Can we limit the suggestions and comments to series that have not been licensed please.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 10:57   Link #357
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Can we limit the suggestions and comments to series that have not been licensed please.
Whatever happened to the freedom of speech?
I don’t see how "wishing" for something break the rules.
In deleted posts, I didn’t see anything about "requesting", "providing" or anything else mentioned in Forum Rules.
And applying rules on personal whim is rather… unprofessional.
Also wishing some one would die won’t get me to jail, so as wishing an anime title is fansubbed faster.
One would think, that law-enforcing site like Animesuki would consider the basic of human rights.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 11:15   Link #358
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

Was it really necessary to delete the whole list?

*sigh*

Dragonaut by someone - since it's not worth watching after shs dropped it.
Moyashimon by Umai - love b0nk's typesetting.
Hero Tales by someone.
Minami-ke by Saizen/A-E - waiting for more kickass releases.
Overdrive by Mendoi - same as above.
Tales of Symphonia by Ureshii/Umai - same as above and me loves the game.
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai by ayu.
Sisters of Wellber by Starlight or live-evil if they starts doing HQ.
Heroic Age - I hope Shinsen are able to finish this show.

And a lot of licensed series I can't mention...

Maybe someone should edit the absolutely first post too? =/
Quote:
There's one other that's stalled too that I would have loved to see taken to the end, but since it's licenced, I guess that's kinda asking a lot. (why did they have to licence Gokusen so soon!! Wah!!)

Last edited by juggen; 2008-01-02 at 13:21.
juggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 06:50   Link #359
CelesAurivern
Mein Kampf :D
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
Whatever happened to the freedom of speech?
I don’t see how "wishing" for something break the rules.
In deleted posts, I didn’t see anything about "requesting", "providing" or anything else mentioned in Forum Rules.
And applying rules on personal whim is rather… unprofessional.
Also wishing some one would die won’t get me to jail, so as wishing an anime title is fansubbed faster.
One would think, that law-enforcing site like Animesuki would consider the basic of human rights.
I understand Animesuki strongly discourages any suggestion of illegal activities, in this case, the subbing of series('s) licensed in America.
Moderator discretion has been exercised, not applied on a whim as otherwise suggested.

To quote Rule 1.1
Quote:
1.1 Unlicensed Anime or Manga only
  • This list is not exhaustive. Ask a member of staff if you are unsure about posting content.
CelesAurivern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 20:18   Link #360
False Dawn
Florsheim Monster
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post

Yeah, shame that...

Quote:

This is a forum, not a police station (they don't enforce laws) nor a government (they don't really have any obligation to the bill of human rights).
False Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote