Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-25, 06:37   Link #101
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertM
I just saw episode 4 and I dunno... The music is impressing even more. (When the OST is released, I am SO there!) But the plotline is really going out of control.
I totally agree about the music. An essential buy, along with the OP and ED which are both great tracks.

Ep.4 did leave me confused...

Spoiler:

Confused or not, this series is amazing, one of the most promising new shows this year...
Old 2004-07-25, 08:04   Link #102
RobertM
Kobe, not Osaka...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
I totally agree about the music. An essential buy, along with the OP and ED which are both great tracks.

Ep.4 did leave me confused...

Spoiler:

Confused or not, this series is amazing, one of the most promising new shows this year...
As for Kurau wearing a spacesuit in episode 3, she does mutter to herself about how まどろこしい (sluggish) it is. Even if she did not need a suit, she would have had to wear one in order not to advertize her Rynax powers to the whole world, no?
Old 2004-07-25, 08:33   Link #103
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
As for Kurau wearing a spacesuit in episode 3, she does mutter to herself about how まどろこしい (sluggish) it is. Even if she did not need a suit, she would have had to wear one in order not to advertize her Rynax powers to the whole world, no?
Ah yes, it would make sense. She has successfully kept her powers secret from her colleagues up to this point afterall.
Old 2004-07-29, 07:53   Link #104
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
I'm confused too on what hapen in the end,
Spoiler for ep 4:
for the end of ep4
Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-29, 09:56   Link #105
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Musings on ep 4.

Spoiler:

More Rynax?

Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-29, 10:53   Link #106
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
I'm confused too on what hapen in the end,
Spoiler for ep 4:
I think I know.

Spoiler for end of episode 4:

Just my opinion. There's no way to be sure that I am right yet.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-07-29, 16:54   Link #107
Za Paper

According to Newtype:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-29, 20:59   Link #108
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
According to Newtype:

Spoiler:
Well, I've not read NewType so my speculations might be a bit off, but to add to your interpretation of Newtype,
Spoiler:

I find this series still interesting. Science fiction drama with mystery. We don't need explanations of mysterious happenings right away, just as long as they are explained/revealed steadily till the show ends. High hopes for this one.
Old 2004-07-29, 23:38   Link #109
dreamless

Hmm...
Spoiler:

I definitely agree that
Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-04, 00:59   Link #110
RobertM
Kobe, not Osaka...

Just listened to the OP and ED singles. Highly recommended. The OP, 懐かしい宇宙 "Natsukashii Umi" just happened to be the 7000th song in my library! I think that's a good omen. There's a really nice piano version of the ED, "Moonlight" in there too.
Old 2004-08-04, 05:40   Link #111
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Just listened to the OP and ED singles. Highly recommended. The OP, 懐かしい宇宙 "Natsukashii Umi" just happened to be the 7000th song in my library! I think that's a good omen. There's a really nice piano version of the ED, "Moonlight" in there too.
It's good to finally hear the full versions, 'Moonlight' is just so eerie and beautiful. The OP is so catchy it's untrue. Really looking forward to the OST when it comes out..
Old 2004-08-04, 09:11   Link #112
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Just watched Episode 5 and
Spoiler:

Kurau's concern over Christmas seems more of an obsession to me and comes across as rather creepy. Forget about horror shows. Her compulsive need to have Christmas near her just gives the shivers, even though it made sense in the storyline.

Spoiler for Rynax:

Spoiler for Kurau's father:

Hmm, I must have been slow on this but doesn't Christmas look like the young Kurau?

And the R2 DVD is available on Oct 22, 04?! Pre-orders are available now. Boy, that's fast...
Old 2004-08-04, 09:24   Link #113
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Christmas does seem to be a 'clone' of Kurau in more ways than one , so their similar appearance seems to make sense. I'm guessing the second Rynax would have just duplicated it's physical properties based on that of Kurau...

I can sort of understand Kurau's obsession though, as a Rynax she's probably 'programmed' to keep her twin close and protected.She's been waiting for her to arrive, she's bound to now want to protect her especially from the 'big bad world'. Like any older sister, parent or guardian would. It seems to be quite a maternal relationship.
Old 2004-08-04, 10:30   Link #114
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Also Kurau has a strong role model, her father. The way I'm seeing it, Kurau unconciously behaving exactly as her father did. Her father was very overprotective also and he would go all the way to keep her safe.

There is a saying an apple wouldn't fall far from the tree.
Old 2004-08-04, 13:35   Link #115
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Christmas does seem to be a 'clone' of Kurau in more ways than one , so their similar appearance seems to make sense. I'm guessing the second Rynax would have just duplicated it's physical properties based on that of Kurau...

I can sort of understand Kurau's obsession though, as a Rynax she's probably 'programmed' to keep her twin close and protected.She's been waiting for her to arrive, she's bound to now want to protect her especially from the 'big bad world'. Like any older sister, parent or guardian would. It seems to be quite a maternal relationship.
Hmm... I'd say the bond between the rynax pair is more like "love" in human emotion terms... but then they are sub-atomic existence so... well... now I think about it, I don't know whether such human relationship terms like "love", "care", "maternal", "sister/brother" can apply... I mean, take proton and neutron for example, neutrons can't exist alone, they must have protons with them, but do we say neutrons... err... "love" protons? or protons give "maternal care" to neutrons?

I think we need to keep in mind that Rynax is conceptually different from human. They are not like humans who can live alone or live in huge groups together, they always exist in pairs. You could say it's their foundamentals for existence. They have only two basic desires, one, to break free from inside atoms, two, to exist with their pair. you could say it's like we humans need to eat and sleep.
Old 2004-08-04, 14:04   Link #116
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Hmm... I'd say the bond between the rynax pair is more like "love" in human emotion terms... but then they are sub-atomic existence so... well... now I think about it, I don't know whether such human relationship terms like "love", "care", "maternal", "sister/brother" can apply... I mean, take proton and neutron for example, neutrons can't exist alone, they must have protons with them, but do we say neutrons... err... "love" protons? or protons give "maternal care" to neutrons?

I think we need to keep in mind that Rynax is conceptually different from human. They are not like humans who can live alone or live in huge groups together, they always exist in pairs. You could say it's their foundamentals for existence. They have only two basic desires, one, to break free from inside atoms, two, to exist with their pair. you could say it's like we humans need to eat and sleep.
Even if the Rynax are just responding to their natural atomic attraction when separated, they still display the same emotional awareness as humans. Though in Christmas's case she seems very clumsy at it, perhaps because her body isn't an original human like Kurau. Kurau undoubedtly loves Christmas in the human sense of the word, even if the actual emotional connection is simply a manifestation of the Rynax's own need to co-exist in a pair, it's still recognisable human behaviour.
Old 2004-08-04, 14:10   Link #117
EfrainMan
Scourge of the Seven Seas

Quote:
Who's the artist for Moonlight? Is it SENS?
Old 2004-08-04, 14:35   Link #118
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EfrainMan
Who's the artist for Moonlight? Is it SENS?
Not sure about that, but i got the singles and it says Katsumoto Yukari
Old 2004-08-04, 23:10   Link #119
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Just watched ep 5 and well...

Spoiler:

Theories for Rynax using Kurau as a gateway...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-05, 19:27   Link #120
thelightandthedark
Ninja Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
Not sure about that, but i got the singles and it says Katsumoto Yukari
Memories sounds a lot like the song "Merry Christmas Mister Laurance" by the film of the same name. (80's movie starring david bowie)

Also the girls name is christmas. Maybe a connection?
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, sci-fi