Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2004-08-10, 08:54   Link #1
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Animesuki crashes Firefox...

Usually when I'm browing threads, the page hangs, the status bar tells me it's loading information from http://a.as-eu.falkag.net then the browser crashes (fatal exception blah blah) and exits. I notice this site is loading .js adserver files in the background, is this the cause?

This keeps happening, 5 times so far today.I've cleared the cache, history etc... the usual steps.

Anyone experience the same problem?
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 09:44   Link #2
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb81
Well, i doubt that the browser crash because of the banner... but is there any more specified error message ? Anyone else got that problem ?
It's just the stanard program error dialogue, nothing useful. It tends to happen when I use the ALT + Back Arrow key , the pages hangs and then the error. It hasn't happen since I stopped using the keyboard shortcut, so I dunno if it's this PC, Firefox or what's being loaded...
Old 2004-08-10, 12:57   Link #3
HK anime seeker
Looks fun...Time to jump!

I'm using Firefox 9.2 and its all fine so far...
HK anime seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 15:22   Link #4
Imazul

Im on firefox and I dont crash, must be something your side
Imazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 15:26   Link #5
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

I think this is a Firefox problem afterall, its crashed twice on other sites today also. I'll probably reinstall Firefox and see if that fixes it...
Old 2004-08-12, 01:21   Link #6
kamij0

i'm using firefox but sometimes i cant even access to the forums at night, has the forum been into maintainence? It happened yesterday too, forum busy again ? The main page is working though.
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 14:28   Link #7
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Cannot insert smileys or change the text style while replying

I got a strange problem with FF too. I cannot insert smileys or change the text style (i.e. to bold, italics and so on) by clicking on the appropiate button in the reply box. The same thing happens with the IE if I press one of the buttons when the page has not loaded fully (I'm just adding that to give you a more detailed description of the problem not because I do not want to wait until the page is loaded with IE )

Any way to solve this problem?
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 15:20   Link #8
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

All that stuff is managed by JavaScript, check console for errors:
Tools > JavaScript Console
I think the console is part of the basic Firefox -- but then I've added a few development plugIns so I can't remember for sure. If that doesn't give you any clues then I'm out of ideas for the moment.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 15:35   Link #9
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Unfortunately the JavaScript log is empty Moreover, I checked the Java configuration and everything is enabled =/

On a completely unrelated matter: Is it just me (and my FF) or is the Who's Viewing This Thread bar at the bottom gone for good?
Old 2004-08-12, 15:44   Link #10
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Don't know then. RE: the who is online bar: My guess is Mb81 has turned it off again... testing something purhaps (he is online afterall )
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 05:58   Link #11
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

a little update - I reinstalled Firefox and I'm still having intermittent problems on animesuki.com, however if I run in Firefox's Safe Mode (as I am now) there are no such problems. The crashes continue to occur when loading the ads from a.as-eu.falkag.net. This is only happening on my machine at work (Windows 2000) not on my home pc's which are both Winxp.

In short if anyone has similar problems, try Safe Mode ...
Old 2004-08-13, 09:23   Link #12
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
a little update - I reinstalled Firefox and I'm still having intermittent problems on animesuki.com, however if I run in Firefox's Safe Mode (as I am now) there are no such problems. The crashes continue to occur when loading the ads from a.as-eu.falkag.net. This is only happening on my machine at work (Windows 2000) not on my home pc's which are both Winxp.

In short if anyone has similar problems, try Safe Mode ...
And me wonders why you are browsing an Anime Forum during work

Check your PMs

And on a different note: I have solved my problem with adding smileys etc by completey reinstalling Firefox and deleting all traces of it. Also, I did skip the "Import Internet Options from IE" part (I just imported the bookmarks and it works nearly perfect. The only problem that remains is if I want to include a link by marking the text and clicking on the "Insert Hyperlink" button, the text I marked gets unmarked and I have to type in the text in the box myself, hit OK, then type in the link.
Now the question: Is that a known Firefox bug or is that happening to me only? (Oh joy! )
Old 2004-08-13, 09:29   Link #13
ato
Oups...

If you have problems with ads, it's might be that your Flash plugin (or some other external executable) has a problem - When a plugin crashes, it will often bring the browser down with it. If this is the problem, do post back here with the bothersome plugin (and version etc.) so we can avoid it like the plauge
ato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 13:44   Link #14
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
And me wonders why you are browsing an Anime Forum during work
ahem...only in my tea break of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by ato
If you have problems with ads, it's might be that your Flash plugin (or some other external executable) has a problem - When a plugin crashes, it will often bring the browser down with it. If this is the problem, do post back here with the bothersome plugin (and version etc.) so we can avoid it like the plauge
It's a vanilla install (which is required for the work I do) so there's no extensions or additional plugins beside Flash/Shockwave/WMPlayer.

I'm at a loss really, but it doesn't happen in Safe Mode, I know that much...