AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 9 8.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 26.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 27.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 24.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 11.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-18, 22:29   Link #141
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

I havent finished watching the episode and i havent been able to read this thread so Im sorry if this has already been mentioned... but...

Does anyone think that Midori is Rena's duaghter? Turns out shes only 17. That "incident" happened 14yrs ago, but Renas duaghter was already born so she couldve been a 1yr old baby. Which is darn close to 17.... Especially if its been almost a year since Arika joined Guarderobe. If Midoris birthday is early in the year, its possible the age coincides....

Thoughts?
Old 2006-02-18, 22:43   Link #142
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku
I havent finished watching the episode and i havent been able to read this thread so Im sorry if this has already been mentioned... but...

Does anyone think that Midori is Rena's duaghter? Turns out shes only 17. That "incident" happened 14yrs ago, but Renas duaghter was already born so she couldve been a 1yr old baby. Which is darn close to 17.... Especially if its been almost a year since Arika joined Guarderobe. If Midoris birthday is early in the year, its possible the age coincides....

Thoughts?
Midori is NOT 17.

Her external aging temporarily stopped at 17 due to her REM, which she must wear at all times in order to survive.

Her real age is roughly the same as Yohko's.

-----------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
Don't try using WMP10 for this either... some optimizations of Xvid is unstable in WMP10.
Does it work at all in WMP10?
As long as it works I don't really care if it's having troubles since it's a plotline ep. anyway.

If it won't work at all in WMP10, will it work in MPC or VLC?
Old 2006-02-18, 22:58   Link #143
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

My bad. Saw the rest of the episode. Its pretty good despite the lack of action. I still give it a 7 of 10 though.
Old 2006-02-18, 23:05   Link #144
xat
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchDragon
Does it work at all in WMP10?
As long as it works I don't really care if it's having troubles since it's a plotline ep. anyway.

If it won't work at all in WMP10, will it work in MPC or VLC?
Should work in WMP10; at least it does on my end. Any player should be fine provided that you have the proper codecs (or the CCCP).

I liked this episode, personally. It bumped up the amount of respect I have for Midori and the others; looking forward to more.

EDIT: Before this comes up, we know there were some errors in 19; one of them being a HUGE HUGE HUGE encoding boo boo. Let's just say I forgot to revert some settings from a DVD source. :P These errors won't be present in the batch releases.

Last edited by xat; 2006-02-18 at 23:25.
Old 2006-02-19, 02:05   Link #145
coefficient

So... why is Arika suddenly crying after discovering that
Spoiler:
I don't get it.
Old 2006-02-19, 02:32   Link #146
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

all the episode was good but one part i didnt like about Rena and was kind of disapointed.
Spoiler for Rena:

well i really didnt like that part of it.
Old 2006-02-19, 02:32   Link #147
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by coefficient
So... why is Arika suddenly crying after discovering that
Spoiler:
I don't get it.
Wasn't she crying because she didn't want to materialize again
Hmmm ... need to see the sub
Old 2006-02-19, 02:47   Link #148
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Just finish watching the sub. Intresting tibit og info Midori drop for us to digest. Fumi had a child How much do u guys want to bet the at Arika, whether she is Rena's daughter or the real princess is a descendant of Fumi
Old 2006-02-19, 05:48   Link #149
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Ah hah! Descendent of Fumi! But that means that even the great Fumi got struck by the 'love sickness'.

And if Midori was Rena's daughter, I'd think she'd be a lot more gung-ho about anything related to Smith. Y'know, like trying to wipe Schwartz off the face of planet Earl.
Old 2006-02-19, 05:57   Link #150
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
Ah hah! Descendent of Fumi! But that means that even the great Fumi got struck by the 'love sickness'.
Probably one of Sergay's ansestors ... how does she expect her pupils to be remain virgins
Old 2006-02-19, 06:05   Link #151
piccolo
Anime Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremalkinger
How does it work in VLC?

*will find out when the download finishes anyhow*
Works fine with VLC, but the screen ratio is off. But that is not VLC's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
Wasn't she crying because she didn't want to materialize again
Hmmm ... need to see the sub
Arika is still in shock over what happened with Nina and Erstin. The power of being an Otome is a frightful thing. And Arika, quite simply, is frightened.

I found the episode quite interesting. And the ending hilarious. Being swallowed up...

And, yet, the episode sheds light on many things:
  • Mashiro may yet make an excellent queen as she now understands a little more about what traits a great leader must have.
  • Aswad are no longer the 'black' guys since the reason behind their determination of obtaining Garderobe's technology has been explained.
  • Rena is dead, but her ashes (genetic code?) are being used for who knows what. That weapon that disabled Fumi might have had something to do with her.
  • Two pillars and Garderobe's insurance are on their way to a save haven - prison.
  • Arika and Mashiro - two of the three keys to the harmonium - are hiding where Schwarz can't touch them. The third, Nina, is right under Nagi's nose without him knowing it.

Spoiler:

Is Arika the real queen? Because the pendant that was hung around the real princess' neck was drawn without the stones, I proofed some time ago in a different thread that Arika could not the real princess/queen if that drawing was correct. But I now wonder now whether or not the artists made a serious drawing mistake and that Arika is, in fact, the real queen. But even if she is, I don't think she wants the job. And considering all that both Arika and Mashiro are learning right now, the series may just end with Mashiro becoming a Queen and Arika becoming an Otome of legends...

Last edited by piccolo; 2006-02-19 at 06:16.
Old 2006-02-19, 06:32   Link #152
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
Probably one of Sergay's ansestors ... how does she expect her pupils to be remain virgins
Sergay's or Mai's.

And I don't think she really meant for Garderobe to evolve as it did. The school was founded an entire 100 years AFTER she stopped that huge war. I guess she was the first PeaceKeeper Otome.

I'm wondering how Rena is so 'similar' to Shinso. Did the Blue Sky Sapphire leak it's power into her body or something? Cuz if it did and she held it for nearly 10 years...imagine how much power's running through Arika and she's had it since birth - 15+ years now.
Old 2006-02-19, 07:03   Link #153
LonelyWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
Sergay's or Mai's.

I'm wondering how Rena is so 'similar' to Shinso.
When you watch the sub you'll know.

From the get go I thought it was very...VERY weird that Mikoto 'the cat' crash landed with Arika. (I think she came to Arika's rescue...in her original form )
From the look of things Nina totally overpowered Arika. So I hope Arika goes through some serious powering up in the next installment.
Old 2006-02-19, 07:15   Link #154
Seska

Well, i now see the subbed version of this episode.
And now, if they needed a Otome ,that have given birth to a child,to create the GEMs. That means Fumi has given birth to someone Otome... How could that be? Mai? cause of her spezial Powers? Or even Rena? and passed down to her child?

Well man, Sunrise is building to much sidequests in this Anime for me.

How much long is Fumi death, but her body remain alive of maschines? And with the Nanomaschines in the Corals bodys and others. They dont age so fast. Perhaps Galdarobe has the technologie to teach the nanomaschine to let the owner bodys aging. And Asward country dont have this tech from resampling...

It must be some Otome that are nearly as older then Miss Maria... The Wars ended for 50 years...

Man, im confussed now.

Mfg,
Seska

p.s. Arika dont cry cause of the nanomaschine. She got a trauma of or Otome powers cause of Eristin.
Old 2006-02-19, 07:25   Link #155
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

hmmm could some1 give me an explaintion about what the asward said about gems being made from arikas mother, didnt quite understand (watched it twice too =[ ubernoob =[ )

Anyway, great episode not much action but at least still shows nina has some heart left, and some explaintion to past events (didnt understand some of it tho =D )
Old 2006-02-19, 07:25   Link #156
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolo
[*]Rena is dead, but her ashes (genetic code?) are being used for who knows what. That weapon that disabled Fumi might have had something to do with her.[*]

Spoiler for Mmm...:

I like Sunrise...... in bad or good way its my secret *g

Mfg,
Seska
Old 2006-02-19, 07:29   Link #157
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyWolf
From the get go I thought it was very...VERY weird that Mikoto 'the cat' crash landed with Arika. (I think she came to Arika's rescue...in her original form )
It indeed strange, that this cat are responsible for some Key scenes...
...lead them to Harmonium (but pushed the storyline)
...desapired in the whole Harmonium scene...
...saved Arika that was flying miles above the ground and in such a huge explosion...

P.s. Its just like me?, or is the Energy ball from the clash much bigger then in the Romulus and Remus fight? And why they are still this energy ball? Strange energy...

Mfg,
Seska
Old 2006-02-19, 07:33   Link #158
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolo
But even if she is, I don't think she wants the job. And considering all that both Arika and Mashiro are learning right now, the series may just end with Mashiro becoming a Queen and Arika becoming an Otome of legends...
Lets hope that the Series is a hit in Japan. Then maybe the plans more then 2 seasons.... See Naruto. Planed for not so many episodes and now going in 171 or so (stop looking at the second fillers..)

Mfg,
Seska
Old 2006-02-19, 08:00   Link #159
Jaden

LOLOL@ Nao making Natsuki strip to get a ride. It had me rolling when I realised they're gonna redo the scene from -hime. except now she got arrested for indecency, that was a suprise...
Old 2006-02-19, 08:33   Link #160
defiant

Whose Who in Mai-Otome

I have two theories about who is who in Mai-Otome

Spoiler:

Nevertheless one big question remains what was the Minister of Interior trying to do by presenting Mashiro as the missing princess. And more important where is he now?
Closed Thread