AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-01-09, 01:26   Link #721
Lunar Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Prove perrty much you are really just a casual fan at that.

I said once more, these 2 strips was done by done by Watashiya specially for Comiket 73.

You should, for starters, learn Japanese. Followed by picking up Otaku's lingos and start hanging out at 2ch if you really want to keep yourself up with the latest happenings in the Otaku's realm.
Yes, you've mentioned that they were done by Kaworu Watashiya for Comiket 73. However, thus far, no one who knows about them has mentioned how they were released. Were they printed as flyers? Booklets? Inserts in the Comiket 73 catalogue or as part of it? Inquiring minds want to know.

Also, no offense, but I think it's kind of elitist and arrogant to assume that anyone who doesn't learn how to speak Japanese is just a casual fan of anime and manga. Not everyone has the free time, money, or linguistic aptitude to just go and learn it, you know.

The Lunar Archivist
Lunar Archivist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 01:26   Link #722
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You don't even need to "hang out on 2ch"...... but it does require a bit of exploratory practice.
Old 2008-01-09, 18:33   Link #723
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Archivist View Post
Yes, you've mentioned that they were done by Kaworu Watashiya for Comiket 73. However, thus far, no one who knows about them has mentioned how they were released. Were they printed as flyers? Booklets? Inserts in the Comiket 73 catalogue or as part of it? Inquiring minds want to know.

Also, no offense, but I think it's kind of elitist and arrogant to assume that anyone who doesn't learn how to speak Japanese is just a casual fan of anime and manga. Not everyone has the free time, money, or linguistic aptitude to just go and learn it, you know.

The Lunar Archivist
I am not really that big of a manga fan, but kodomo was great so I started reading it. And I am studying japanese. I have only been studying a year, and I know some kanji, but I'm only in 3rd grade. So I am learning it by myself... I have drive, but one does not learn how to find stuff online unless he asks or is lucky enough to stumble upon it, by search engines etc. But no one told me what omake meant...

Well MakubeX2, I read they were done by watashiya at Comiket 73, but I still have no way of knowing that, with my current information sources. (I meant, to know it on my own). I'm saying I don't know where to look, so I was asking where do you look, or how you guys find out this info, thats all.

So for the record, I am a casual manga fan, but I'm studying japanese very hard. In a couple years, I can read the stuff in japanese myself

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 21:56   Link #724
Dark Wing

Hey guys look what I found!...now I wait for translations...

Old 2008-01-11, 21:24   Link #725
Lunar Archivist

As ye have requested, Dark Wing, so shall ye receive.

And now something for Kuro and Shira-sensei fans. I don't like the latter, but I have to admit...Chibi Meganekko Shirai-chan is cute. ^_^

The Lunar Archivist
Old 2008-01-11, 21:31   Link #726
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Archivist View Post
As ye have requested, Dark Wing, so shall ye receive.

And now something for Kuro and Shira-sensei fans. I don't like the latter, but I have to admit...Chibi Meganekko Shirai-chan is cute. ^_^

Spoiler for .:

The Lunar Archivist
For one reason or another I'm having a hard time understanding those pages...
Old 2008-01-12, 08:22   Link #727
HinaThePrince

Shitty translation makes no sense. I made a decent one. Here.
Spoiler for size:

Also, can someone post the raws of the gender-bending comic?

Last edited by HinaThePrince; 2008-01-12 at 09:14.
HinaThePrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 12:02   Link #728
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinaThePrince View Post
Shitty translation makes no sense. I made a decent one. Here.
Spoiler for size:

Also, can someone post the raws of the gender-bending comic?
By the power of Anonymous...
Old 2008-01-28, 01:42   Link #729
Lunar Archivist

Over the last week, I've updated the translated Kuro/Shirai translated pages. And, since I'm bored, there's another month left to wait until the next installment of the series, and I'm trying to redeem the bad rap it's gotten, I compiled this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...kan_characters

Here's a second link in case some Wikipedia editors screw up the page by editing content and deleting images:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ldid=187420030

I'll also be posting this in the other "Kodomo no Jikan" thread in these forums to try and get it started up again.

So anyone have any thoughts on what's going to happen in Chapter 33 or who the mysterious woman watching Rin through a camera is? My guesses would be either her old homeroom teacher, Nogi-sensei (since she was the first one who had to deal with her problem), the current girlfriend or wife of her biological father who is seeking to gain custody of his daughter, or a social worker investigating a case of potential child abuse.

I'm also getting this sinking feeling that the manga might end soon. We're only two chapters away from a full tankoubon and things look like they're about to get really ugly. While the author has a history of messing with her readers' heads, the evidence against Reiji looks pretty damning right now. I don't really see how the manga could continue if he is found guilty...unless Aoki does something crazy like become Rin's new guardian, in which case his life is going to get even more messed up than it already is... o_O

The Lunar Archivist

Last edited by Lunar Archivist; 2008-01-28 at 01:57.
Old 2008-01-28, 03:18   Link #730
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

hmmm, anyone read or heard when volume 5 will be released? Not showing up as a pre-order or anything at amazon.co.jp
Old 2008-01-28, 22:25   Link #731
Lunar Archivist

Actually, Vexx, you can deduce when Volume 5 will come out based on the release dates of the tankoubon thus far.

Volumes 1 to 4 each contain 7 chapters of the manga and were released the month after the last chapter in that volume saw print. Chapter 7 was published in November 2005 and Volume 1 hit shelves on December 2005, Chapter 14 was published in June 2006 and Volume 2 hit shelves in July 2006, etc.

Assuming the pattern holds, since Chapter 35, barring any other vacations by Kaworu Watashiya, is tentatively scheduled to appear on March 22, 2007, my guess would be that Volume 5 will be released around April 15, 2007.

The Lunar Archivist
Old 2008-01-29, 04:42   Link #732
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Thanks... I've not looked at the chapter releases, usually I just periodically browse amazon.co.jp... which often "sneaks the release date" in their database for a manga volume ahead of announcement. Random releases like Yotsuba& are typical examples.

Yeah, this one seems *really* consistent looking at the prior release dates.
Old 2008-01-29, 09:24   Link #733
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

So after the Figure Gimmick and DVD Coupling of Volume 3 and 4, what's will they think up for the LE of Vol.5 ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 23:12   Link #734
Lunar Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Thanks... I've not looked at the chapter releases, usually I just periodically browse amazon.co.jp... which often "sneaks the release date" in their database for a manga volume ahead of announcement. Random releases like Yotsuba& are typical examples.

Yeah, this one seems *really* consistent looking at the prior release dates.
I just happened to notice the release schedule while I summarized the individual volumes for one of the Wikipedia pages on the series and noticed that the tankoubon were released in seven month gaps. I did a bit of cross-checking after that and found the pattern, but didn't want to speculate on Wikipedia...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
So after the Figure Gimmick and DVD Coupling of Volume 3 and 4, what's will they think up for the LE of Vol.5 ?
Life-size Rin blow-up doll?

I'm still hoping the one month gap wasn't because we're aiming for a double-length conclusion chapter... -_-;

The Lunar Archivist
Old 2008-01-30, 23:42   Link #735
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Sometimes I'm really slow on the uptake, but it just occured to me when seeing a picture of Usa with a Bunny Ear attire that her name means Bunny Ears if transliterated to English. Take that with Kagami Kuro (literally Black Mirror) and you can have a link in Japanese mythology to the other characters in the trio depending on how interpret things. There is a popular new years treat in Japan known as Kagami Mochi, and I don't know how many people have heard of the Rabbit in The Moon Legend, but it features a Rabbit pounding Mochi on the moon, the rabbit in this case would be Usa. There is also the Yata No Kagami, which is one of the three Imperial Regalia of Japan, and Kokonoe Rin can be translated as Dignified Imperial Palace.

Also of note is that the characters sort of resemble the symbolism of the Imperial Regalia. Usa would be the Yasakani no magatama (Jewel) representing Benevolence and Emotion (She's endless kindhearted and caring), Rin would be the Kusanagi (grass tooth blade) representing Willpower and Valor (She's always there to defend her friends and can easily stand up to the adult characters) and Kagami would of course be the Yata No Kagami (Mirror) representing Wisdom and Honesty (She is seemingly the most world wise and she is straight up with how she feels about things and always makes her voice heard).
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 19:17   Link #736
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

don't know if it'll come but i bet i'll be fun when Kagami finds out that there's something called Yuri ... prehaps 'by mistake' gets her hands on a Yuri doujinshi
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 22:55   Link #737
sumowow

Damn im getting extremely impatient here. Im dying. The wait is killing me.
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 23:49   Link #738
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I'm pretty sure I recall the last chapter saying the release was scheduled for today.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 06:29   Link #739
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I'm pretty sure I recall the last chapter saying the release was scheduled for today.
Best thing I read all week, I'm so glad it came out. I have been checking baka updares a little bit too much...

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 06:40   Link #740
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Wrong, 2/22, it won't be out yet. A bit more than a week left.

Tags
comedy, growing up, loli, school life, seinen