AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-10, 13:16   Link #341
Dynzel
( ´_ゝ`)フーン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged_Memories View Post
I'm pretty sure he said LOVE not LOVES...
Pretty sure I heard plural when Mykage said that.
Old 2012-04-10, 13:33   Link #342
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
since episode one, we've had the dynamic of Mikono + Kagura driving the plot.
We did? I thought it was Altair trying to get the Reaiglers and Neo-Deava fighting them off. Kagura had a moment for himself in ep 5 and 6, but he was little more than a secondary plotline (and an occasional thought in Mikono and Amata's head) while the Neo-Deava students had wacky adventures and Jin tried to get something done, until ep 11 where Mykage decided enough was enough and the whole Kagura->Mikono thing got serious.
Old 2012-04-10, 13:52   Link #343
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
We did? I thought it was Altair trying to get the Reaiglers and Neo-Deava fighting them off. Kagura had a moment for himself in ep 5 and 6, but he was little more than a secondary plotline (and an occasional thought in Mikono and Amata's head) while the Neo-Deava students had wacky adventures and Jin tried to get something done, until ep 11 where Mykage decided enough was enough and the whole Kagura->Mikono thing got serious.

I actually agree with Vena, plot moves when Kagura appears or Mykage does something for real like in 11 or 13 episodes and Mikono so far is the most developed character. So it makes plot movement based on I want wench.
Old 2012-04-10, 14:09   Link #344
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
I actually agree with Vena, plot moves when Kagura appears or Mykage does something for real like in 11 or 13 episodes and Mikono so far is the most developed character. So it makes plot movement based on I want wench.
That storyline was pretty much stalling until ep 11, though. It didn't really "drive" anything from the initial point in ep 1, it was more like a slow set-up that paid off in the recent eps.
Old 2012-04-10, 14:16   Link #345
Krysa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOrder View Post
Frankly, I'm a bit confused by Mykage's words at the end of the episode.

"The rebirth of the forbidden love"

If I remember correctly, Apollo and Sylvia weren't forbidden lovers at all. That would fall more into Apollonius and Celianne.

Unless, the forbidden love means that defying your fate/destiny, which would then fall into Mikono and Amata. In case she is the real Sylvie, and if she does love Amata, then her loving him would be forbidden as it would defy her fate/destiny.
But seeing as Mikono and Kagura are both living on different planets, then that could also mean its forbidden.

But, I'd like to think the latter--that and Apollonius and Celianne if that might be the case.
Maybe the "forbidden love" thing refers to the fact that on more than one occasion, Apollonius & Celiane/Apollo & Sylvia's love was literally earth-shattering?
Their love caused aquarion's power to go into overdrive and rip the planet apart after all...
I don't know, there are so many ways to interpret that phrase
Old 2012-04-10, 14:21   Link #346
miketyson

Guys guys guys, what if -- what if -- we have the following identities:

Shu-shu: Sylvie
Mikono: not-Sylvie, but smells and feels like her because connection power
Beastwolf: Apollo
Kagura: not-Apollo, but partially fused with him thanks to Mykage magic

Amata, Zessica: you got me.

Mykage wants Kagura to fetch Mikono because Mikono's powers could be used to finish fusing Kagura and beastwolf-Apollo (and perhaps finish fusing Mikono and Shu-shu).

...I came up with this as a joke but it makes an almost creepy amount of sense. I can just picture the finally-united lovers going off into the forest together -- one a rabbit, one a beastwolf -- while the staff give each other high-fives.

Vena: I agree it'd be horrible writing...but this show isn't immune from bad writing. It almost feels like Zessica was initially slated to get Yunoha-style belated development to play a specific role in the story, then promoted to a larger role, but there wasn't much room to work her in earlier beyond her handful of scenes thus far.
Old 2012-04-10, 14:23   Link #347
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynzel View Post
Pretty sure I heard plural when Mykage said that.
Lol...well im sticking with the LOVE bit even if he added 'tachi'...which makes me wonder, the writers probably didn't think through his dialogue well enough or they probably were like "let's add in another twist, instead of one forbidden love we now have another forbidden love" (YAY) o.O
Old 2012-04-10, 14:38   Link #348
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Amata = Wings.
Zessica = Tree of Life.

Ultimate mindfuck.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-04-10, 14:53   Link #349
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysa View Post
Maybe the "forbidden love" thing refers to the fact that on more than one occasion, Apollonius & Celiane/Apollo & Sylvia's love was literally earth-shattering?
Their love caused aquarion's power to go into overdrive and rip the planet apart after all...
See, this is what I don't get. Yes, they almost destroyed the planet - but in the end they didn't. That's why they have the third element. Aquarion was made for 3 pilots from the start (that we know of, anyway). Technically the whole thing is balanced. In the last ep of Genesis Fudou waffled something about how it was totally bad that Apollonius and Celiane met because look at all the HATE and DARKNESS it brought on, except what we saw was Apollo, Sirius and Touma fighting about something that could've been solved with a measuring tape while the world was ending. Call me dumb but I don't get what that had to do with Celiane. (Unless it was meant to be a symbolic representation of Apollonius, Celiane and Touma fighting, except why would Celiane fight Apollonius?) Oh, and the world was ending because the Tree of Life was dying and its roots couldn't hold the Earth together, or something along those lines. I still don't get what that had to do with Apollonius and Celiane, let alone Apollo and Silvia.

Evol has introduced the idea of Aquarion going berserk when the pilots are in love (apparently ignoring the whole third element thing). Okay - but what we saw was Aquarion actually going berserk and Donar and his lover were very obviously not enjoying themselves. Meanwhile, IIRC Apollo and Silvia piloted Aquarion together while in love, and no world destruction occurred.

In this ep Zessica said that Apollon and Sylphie parted in order to protect the Tree of Life so the planet won't become barren and lifeless forever, she didn't say how, though, but I guess the movie ending should be the clue? (But I thought Apollo & Co. were holding the planet together, essentially becoming a new Tree of Life... or something... the last part was pretty esoteric.) And anyway, who's to say that Apollon and Sylphie can only be together by destroying something? Common sense says if there's no reason for Aquarion to fight then Aquarion can stay wherever it is and Apollon and Sylphie can go on with their lives.

So... maybe I missed a clue, or just don't remember an important detail, but I don't get the forbidden angle.
Old 2012-04-10, 15:41   Link #350
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Quote:
See, this is what I don't get. Yes, they almost destroyed the planet - but in the end they didn't. That's why they have the third element. Aquarion was made for 3 pilots from the start (that we know of, anyway). Technically the whole thing is balanced. In the last ep of Genesis Fudou waffled something about how it was totally bad that Apollonius and Celiane met because look at all the HATE and DARKNESS it brought on, except what we saw was Apollo, Sirius and Touma fighting about something that could've been solved with a measuring tape while the world was ending. Call me dumb but I don't get what that had to do with Celiane. (Unless it was meant to be a symbolic representation of Apollonius, Celiane and Touma fighting, except why would Celiane fight Apollonius?) Oh, and the world was ending because the Tree of Life was dying and its roots couldn't hold the Earth together, or something along those lines. I still don't get what that had to do with Apollonius and Celiane, let alone Apollo and Silvia.

Evol has introduced the idea of Aquarion going berserk when the pilots are in love (apparently ignoring the whole third element thing). Okay - but what we saw was Aquarion actually going berserk and Donar and his lover were very obviously not enjoying themselves. Meanwhile, IIRC Apollo and Silvia piloted Aquarion together while in love, and no world destruction occurred.

In this ep Zessica said that Apollon and Sylphie parted in order to protect the Tree of Life so the planet won't become barren and lifeless forever, she didn't say how, though, but I guess the movie ending should be the clue? (But I thought Apollo & Co. were holding the planet together, essentially becoming a new Tree of Life... or something... the last part was pretty esoteric.) And anyway, who's to say that Apollon and Sylphie can only be together by destroying something? Common sense says if there's no reason for Aquarion to fight then Aquarion can stay wherever it is and Apollon and Sylphie can go on with their lives.

So... maybe I missed a clue, or just don't remember an important detail, but I don't get the forbidden angle.
Hmm...I think Apollo and Sylvia were like on the border of falling in love (which makes sense) and I think that applies to Apollonius and Celiane. But then again what is defined as falling in love or being in love? I think they are going along the lines of the intensity of their emotions...both couples were not all over each other (well from what we know and saw) so there really wasn't any physical intensity (kissing for example...well until the end) so both couple's love is falling short of being in love...they still yearn for each other and I think after 12,000 years or even 24,000 years that yearning t finally be together and be in love would be so intense that it could drive anyone or anything insane/berserk...In regards to the tree of life...I'm not sure if you know this but the tree of life is said if it is used to restart/give birth to a race it would ultimately become lifeless and die (wikipedia) and that it's remains will fall to the earth's core and make the planet fall apart (the tree of life was on Atladia)...Apollon/Sylvie or Apollo/Sylvia had to seperate once more for Apollo to use Aquarion (GOLD VERSION) to stop the planet from falling apart, the first time they seperated aka Apollonius and Celiane they were going up against the Shadow Angels and seperated because Apollonius (sacrificed himself...somehow??)...I think in Aquarion Evol they probably figured out the EXTENT of that yearning between the lovers (I mean 24,000 years apart without fully being in love but wanting to be in love...damn that would drive me up the wall!!)...And I think the whole destruction thing might be an over exaggerated part of the story from what I gather in Evol Ep 1 alot of the people on Vega seemed quite conservative (just got this feeling) and only a few were not afraid to explore the man/women union (aka Zessica and Andy) even on Altair (those men wont attract any women in those outfits lol) so my guess is that maybe their whole destruction thing and Aquarion going beserk wouldn't really be a bad thing because it will shed the light of truth about unions between men and women and unite Vega and Altair because pretty much in the end lovers just want to be re-united.
Old 2012-04-10, 15:49   Link #351
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
The plot has only ever taken steps forward when Fudo or Mykage have acted, otherwise its been high school shenanigans and some background character development. Mykage acting has been through (manipulation or enabling of) Kagura to chase after Mikono (aside from killing Jin); Kagura's development on that angle has been a part of almost every episode in some amount aside from the couple of episodes in the beginning strip where he was being held prisoner by Mykage. Fudo's acting has been in response to Mykage's acting which is in effect because of Kagura's actions all of which have been about his attempts to get to Mikono.

Almost the entirety of the plot up and to this point has been a tug of war between Mykage/Kagura and Fudo/Amata over Mikono, whatever their actual reason for pursuing her might be since Mykage, to me, seems to be making some sort of elaborate plan.

The basic conflict is that the Altair forces are trying to steal women, and it sets the ground on which the actual conflict is built where it matters for our plot: Kagura's desire for Mikono. Jin is a continuation of the original basic conflict and, rather symbolically, is removed by the latter conflict.

This is why I would have issue with suddenly switching shit around just for the sake of a *twist*.
Old 2012-04-10, 16:00   Link #352
mayumi

Silvia is obviously shu shu. Silvia wanted to troll apollo for leaving her behind. Poor kagura.
Old 2012-04-10, 17:53   Link #353
HimeaSaito

Reincarnation????
1st time:
Celiane - Silvia and Sirius
Scopius - Reika
Apollonious - Aquarion and Apollo

2nd time:
Silvia - Mikono
Apollo - Kagura
Aquarion - Amata
Reika - Zessica
Toma and Otoha - Mykage????
Sirius - Shrade

http://archivethumb.foolz.us/board/a...4051936356.jpg
Old 2012-04-10, 18:16   Link #354
Arya

Ok, just watched again the episode, subbed this time. (Take in count that I have no knowledge of Aquarion's past stories and details). And I started guessing that Mikono could be the tree of life. She didn't party with the reborn training as if she didn't need to be reborn. But the crew was reborn only after Mikono connected/whatevered them through the earth. Mykage said in this episode that the tree of life governed the life of all the creatures. In some way that was a representation of Mikono being the tree of life and her friends being the flowers. In the end of the resurrection she was represented in a sort of epic way that could reinforce this hypothesis. Even Mikono's pity for that creature fits it. Then Mykage said that the wings of the sun awakened and ehm pollinated the tree. Amata being the wings of sun seems the most plausible thing if I got it right from here.

Now, since I have no knowledge of past things I don't know if it could it fits with the past and how it fits, good or sad way.
What I thought is that this would explain why Amata and Mikono already knew Kagura and why both should forgive/apologize to him. Apologize for his (Apollon/Apollonius) perpetual sad fate, forgiveness for having been ripped out, maybe?

On the other end again, Zessica had to be Silvie and would fall to be the less well-handled character in all directions, character-wise and storytelling-wise.

In all of this I don't know how to fit Kagura or Mykage role

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-04-10, 19:40   Link #355
mayumi

i bet if kagura takes back shushu to altair it will change into silvie. just like kagura's dog mode and then human form.

it could also be that the "true eve" is actually the silvia of altea. so maybe 2 sets in 2 worlds. however altea world is bit twisted and screwed up and difficult to understand compared to vega.

these reincarnation shenanigans are starting to get annoying. just show us who everyone is and move on with the plot.

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-04-10 at 20:11.
Old 2012-04-10, 20:05   Link #356
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimeaSaito View Post
Reincarnation????
1st time:
Celiane - Silvia and Sirius
Scopius - Reika
Apollonious - Aquarion and Apollo

2nd time:
Silvia - Mikono
Apollo - Kagura
Aquarion - Amata
Reika - Zessica
Toma and Otoha - Mykage????
Sirius - Shrade

http://archivethumb.foolz.us/board/a...4051936356.jpg
It's fanmade.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-04-10, 20:20   Link #357
mayumi

what would be the opposite of smell? hearing or eye sight? is kagura color blind? infact are all the guys in altea color blind? remember amata supposedly having blonde hair and yellow eyes or whatever?

so looked up inverted colors cause our leading 4 have a interesting combination.

inversion of red - is green/aqua
inversion of yellow/orange - is purple/blue
http://www.ic.al.lg.ua/~ksv/gimpdoc-html/color.html
how convinient
i am going with the first box in the link above is the first TV series aquarion. combo of blue-red-green, just like the first series sirius-apollo-silvia.
now look at vega's colors the second box the inverted one yellow-aqua-purple/pink

so does this mean zessica is apollon of vega zessica is great apollonius which is why she appears after the book. Accept it you all

i will also guess that all the powers of silvia and apollo are revered and split among mikono-zessica and amata. this is also why the flashback of silvie and apollon is reversed compared to apollonius/celiane. i also think either the 2 girls are split of silvie or split of apollon. or it is a combo of amata-mikono or amata-zessica that are split souls just like the first genesis series.

remember back in episode 5 when the "forbidden lover" splashed on screen and kagura replaced zessica? yeah that a big no no cause zessica and kagura are reverse of each other. also then RBG combine the center is White while if Purple/aqua/yellow combine its darkness.

The reason why kagura is attracted to mikono is because her color is the reverse of silvia's.

we might as well read this as well with souls being split in mind/body/heart
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dualism...phy_of_mind%29

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-04-10 at 22:14.
Old 2012-04-11, 00:48   Link #358
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Guys guys guys, what if -- what if -- we have the following identities:

Shu-shu: Sylvie
Mikono: not-Sylvie, but smells and feels like her because connection power
Beastwolf: Apollo
Kagura: not-Apollo, but partially fused with him thanks to Mykage magic

Mykage wants Kagura to fetch Mikono because Mikono's powers could be used to finish fusing Kagura and beastwolf-Apollo (and perhaps finish fusing Mikono and Shu-shu).

...I came up with this as a joke but it makes an almost creepy amount of sense. I can just picture the finally-united lovers going off into the forest together -- one a rabbit, one a beastwolf -- while the staff give each other high-fives.

Vena: I agree it'd be horrible writing...but this show isn't immune from bad writing. It almost feels like Zessica was initially slated to get Yunoha-style belated development to play a specific role in the story, then promoted to a larger role, but there wasn't much room to work her in earlier beyond her handful of scenes thus far.
Interesting thought on Sylvie. Shushu being it but Mikono is unconsciously connecting the 2 of them with her power and is taking on Shushu's aspects as a result.

a little modification from my earlier theories concerning Amata and Kagura:

Amata: Reincarnation but due to Mikage had Apollo's essence stolen out of him. This damaged him though which is why he has no smell to Kagura's nose.

Kagura: Orphan (or in my opinion was at one time a stray dog) found by Mikage. To make controlling "Apollo" easier he infused what he took from Amata into Kagura. As a result Kagura ended up taking on every aspect and memories of Apollo. In essence he IS Apollo. However, no, he isn't his reincarnation.
Old 2012-04-11, 01:09   Link #359
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Interesting thought on Sylvie. Shushu being it but Mikono is unconsciously connecting the 2 of them with her power and is taking on Shushu's aspects as a result.

a little modification from my earlier theories concerning Amata and Kagura:

Amata: Reincarnation but due to Mikage had Apollo's essence stolen out of him. This damaged him though which is why he has no smell to Kagura's nose.

Kagura: Orphan (or in my opinion was at one time a stray dog) found by Mikage. To make controlling "Apollo" easier he infused what he took from Amata into Kagura. As a result Kagura ended up taking on every aspect and memories of Apollo. In essence he IS Apollo. However, no, he isn't his reincarnation.
This could be possible, especially if its from Mykage. But, what reason would he have for doing that?

Would he be doing that because he hates Apollo? Or because he hates Alicia?

But either way, the fact that Amata has no smell, I keep suspecting that Mykage has something to do with it.
Old 2012-04-11, 01:26   Link #360
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOrder View Post
This could be possible, especially if its from Mykage. But, what reason would he have for doing that?

Would he be doing that because he hates Apollo? Or because he hates Alicia?

But either way, the fact that Amata has no smell, I keep suspecting that Mykage has something to do with it.
Well if we go by this theory I'd say it would have something to do with Alicia (possibly finding out what Mykage had planned)...therefore in a attempt to actually make his plans work though not then but later on...and this is why I find Zen and Mykage having no indication that Amata and Kagura should not meet.
Closed Thread