AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-06-30, 01:53   Link #3781
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasdeis View Post
You are an Aria hater as i can see so this means if the novels starts focusing on Kinji +Aria romance you will drop it?

p.s:
I am a Aria+Kinji fan so what? call me a M if you want
No, pretty much all of us don't care much who he's going to end up with. We're more upset with the direction the story is going. Starting from normal gun-fight in first volumes with some psychic power, okay, we can accept that. Then come stuff like Gods, Vampires werewolves, time travel, one eyed Nazi witch and suddenly, Kinji goes Super Saiyan and started catching bullets with his bare hands and pulled out hypersonic punches. that's why.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 04:51   Link #3782
tsunade666

uh? Kinji has the potential to catch bullets with his bare hands so its not really surprising with HSS hax. Heck, he punch or is it kick a missile homing to him in mach 2 speed. I'm more revolted on how the story is being handled than Kinji going hss hax though I find super saiyan or any cheap power up childish and labeled them as shounen power ups

I don't like stupid power ups. I prefer the skill hone through life time then asspull power up by a week training or in a middle of battle.
Old 2014-06-30, 06:28   Link #3783
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
uh? Kinji has the potential to catch bullets with his bare hands so its not really surprising with HSS hax. Heck, he punch or is it kick a missile homing to him in mach 2 speed. I'm more revolted on how the story is being handled than Kinji going hss hax though I find super saiyan or any cheap power up childish and labeled them as shounen power ups

I don't like stupid power ups. I prefer the skill hone through life time then asspull power up by a week training or in a middle of battle.
weren't some of his abilities with the HSS hax taught to him by simply being told to observe it from his brother, father (I doubt if he ever did teach Kinji and Kinichi during their youth but if he did, it most likely will be on the Hotogi grounds) and possibly grandparents.
Old 2014-06-30, 06:39   Link #3784
tsunade666

the grandparents probably did teach Kinji a thing or two. When G III met the grand parents. He begs for a technique and grandpa show a ougi or secret technique. A palm technique that destroys concrete wall. That itself shows the tohyama are monsters without HSS.

Plus Kinichi or Kinji's big brother did teach Kinji when he is young and we can say most of his techniques are from him and some are derive from him from observation and battle against him.

Kinji pulling an asspull power up isn't far from the truth because HSS is an asspull ability if you ask me though its conditional its still strong but its genetics so I just accept it but most of his asspull moves are explain "as expected of hysteria mode" lol lol

Kinji catching bullets from bare hands? lol

Kinji catch a sniper bullet with his teeth in the battle with Patra if I remember it right. I also remember him doing it with chopsticks with the arc with Moe and the other blond girl(I forgot the name though I'm not really sure here. My memory isn't that clear on that book)
Old 2014-06-30, 19:16   Link #3785
tuckersister

I don't hear too much about Moe through the volumes after she join Butei Academy.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 21:03   Link #3786
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
You are an Aria hater as i can see so this means if the novels starts focusing on Kinji +Aria romance you will drop it?

p.s:
I am a Aria+Kinji fan so what? call me a M if you want
Note in that quote I said "ridiculous", not "unlikable" Kinji + Aria falls under that second description for me personally, but not the first. Ridiculous is for example things like relationship issues being resolved not by talking or even a fight (shounen series logic lol, understanding your opponent after a fight), but because the MC is a goddamn lolicon and his attraction overwhelmed his reasoning. And for the record I'd be just as pissed if for example it was a fight between him and Riko, and Kinji let up because of boobs - I dislike protagonists that 'think' with their baser instincts in these cases instead of sussing out their emotions.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 03:46   Link #3787
lucasdeis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Note in that quote I said "ridiculous", not "unlikable" Kinji + Aria falls under that second description for me personally, but not the first. Ridiculous is for example things like relationship issues being resolved not by talking or even a fight (shounen series logic lol, understanding your opponent after a fight), but because the MC is a goddamn lolicon and his attraction overwhelmed his reasoning. And for the record I'd be just as pissed if for example it was a fight between him and Riko, and Kinji let up because of boobs - I dislike protagonists that 'think' with their baser instincts in these cases instead of sussing out their emotions.
I understand your point of view but if he wants to forget aria because she's cute. what can we do? that means he feels something about her.
i am no one to change your point of view but i appreciate your sumaries and the info you give and gave us
lucasdeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 08:25   Link #3788
TarkTheTrinigon

Quote:
I understand your point of view but if he wants to forget aria because she's cute. what can we do? that means he feels something about her.
i am no one to change your point of view but i appreciate your sumaries and the info you give and gave us
Kinji is indeed unable to "forget" about Aria.

But you have to remember that the only reason Kinji is trying to gain these Irokane (or whatever it was called) is because he does indeed want to save Aria.
TarkTheTrinigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 18:27   Link #3789
lucasdeis

Quote:
*begins reading* *pauses*

Urrrrrrgh. Volume 17 Chapter 3 for the first time in HnA makes me seriously want to drop this series for good - it's worse than Vol15 or anything else about the series I've complained about -.-

The translators haven't finished (they're up to end of ch3) despite their timetable saying it should have been finished a week ago; Schedule Slip strikes the internet once again. I'll continue to keep a eye on the translations, but I'll warn everyone now that I may drop this series for good depending on how the volume plays out. I'm treating this as how I'm treating the Infinite Stratos series, if there's even just one more ridiculous thing happen then I'll drop-kick whatever empathy I have for the franchise over the horizon.
Spoiler for Up to Vol17Ch3:

tl;dr This volume is a mess, substandard even by HnA's usual standards. If a series' Vol1 was this bad I would have dropped it already.
so what happens next? chapter 4?
Old 2014-07-06, 20:18   Link #3790
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
so what happens next? chapter 4?
For some reason, half the time I get ready to update a LN related thing someone asks me about it Rest of Vol17 summary below:
Spoiler for summary/comments:

tl;dr, despite a ton of things that didn't make sense, the last Chapter of Vol17 is good enough that I'm taking HnA off my 'last chance, will drop if things gets worse' list.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 20:28   Link #3791
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
For some reason, half the time I get ready to update a LN related thing someone asks me about it Rest of Vol17 summary below:

tl;dr, despite a ton of things that didn't make sense, the last Chapter of Vol17 is good enough that I'm taking HnA off my 'last chance, will drop if things gets worse' list.
Wow,The last chapter actually...quite good.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 20:29   Link #3792
bakato

Quote:

I am relieved that you stayed your wrath. So...what are the odds Kinji's gonna pull some sort of ridiculous OP move in his battle against god? And I mean super ridiculous and completely physically impossible?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 20:31   Link #3793
Vezon

Quick question who is Kinichi? Also thanks for the spoilers.
Old 2014-07-06, 20:33   Link #3794
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vezon View Post
Quick question who is Kinichi? Also thanks for the spoilers.
His brother.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 20:35   Link #3795
Vezon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
His brother.
Ahh forgot about him. I thought it was his father for a second. Looks like HNA is ending soon.
Old 2014-07-06, 21:37   Link #3796
Singally

Quote:

Spoiler for spoiler:
Singally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 22:45   Link #3797
ZeKeR
Superbad

well that was crazy.

still, not gonna give up the aspect that the girls wont take this down since Aria IS going to brag and Shirayuki unlocking EVERYTHING just to fight for it.
Old 2014-07-06, 23:16   Link #3798
lucasdeis

Quote:
... Oh hey, Aria was hiding under the veranda while Kinichi and Kinji talked about HSS. Now she (finally) knows everything. Even Aria snarked at Kinji he's a lolicon for being attracted to her And Aria said both the HSS Kinji and normal Kinji are both Kinji, she doesn't like one more than the other (d'aww).
fucking finally just took seventeen novels

and what does she mean. she likes both sides of kinji or she dislike them?

Last edited by lucasdeis; 2014-07-06 at 23:34.
Old 2014-07-06, 23:52   Link #3799
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

So... Who would replace Flere's place then?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 00:20   Link #3800
lucasdeis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
So... Who would replace Flere's place then?
I dont know we really need him

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen