AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 60 52.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 26.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 13.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.87%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.87%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.87%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-07, 14:10   Link #21
magnuskn

I hope this all gets moved to the ep 18 thread, whenever the mods look into this forum again. ^^

Okay, letīs see if I can summarize my opinion of what I thought about the episode.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-08-07, 14:15   Link #22
MaiHikari

gaahh! This is killing me. Even though I have my own office and wouldn't need to worry about the boss or staffs looking over my shoulder, I can't stream at work. All internet usage are monitored and streaming is too much traffic for the IT monitors to ignore.

Thanks for all the spoilers though. They will keep me alive until I get home from work.
Old 2008-08-07, 14:15   Link #23
.Mero

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I hope this all gets moved to the ep 18 thread, whenever the mods look into this forum again. ^^

Okay, letīs see if I can summarize my opinion of what I thought about the episode.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

This ep will get it's first 10 for me, for both, story developement and new op
Old 2008-08-07, 14:22   Link #24
magnuskn

BTW, in the HorribleRaw was an ad for some game, which looked to be based on an anime, Tales of Vesperia. The anime parts of that ad looked interesting, so is there a series on which that game is based?
Old 2008-08-07, 14:23   Link #25
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Mero View Post
Spoiler:

This ep will get it's first 10 for me, for both, story developement and new op

Yes, I'd vote 10 too.

Klan was also spectacular in this episode....such empathy for Sheryl. She pretty much hit the mark with the "female heart" LOL.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-08-07, 14:27   Link #26
zalem

Man, I wish I could move my posts from the ep. 17 thread since I don't want to repeat myself. Anyway, awesome episode! New OP is gorgeous and beats the crap out of Triangular (though Triangular is so bad anything could probably do that). The animation for it is gorgeous as well.

Tons of interesting things going on in this episode. Poor Sheryl.....she really is at rock bottom. Grace telling her she will die and seeing her career disappear as well. I want to see her make a comeback!

edit: Oh looks like everything got moved. Cool.

Last edited by zalem; 2008-08-07 at 14:37.
Old 2008-08-07, 14:28   Link #27
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Man, I wish I could move my posts from the ep. 17 thread since I don't want to repeat myself. Anyway, awesome episode! New OP is gorgeous and beats the crap out of Triangular (though Triangular is so bad anything could probably do that). The animation for it is gorgeous as well.

Tons of interesting things going on in this episode. Poor Sheryl.....she really is at rock bottom. Grace telling her she will die and seeing her career disappear as well. I want to see her make a comeback!

She'll definitely make a comeback...anyhow I rewatched the OP and was Sheryl wrapped in a "red string of fate"? LOL

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-08-07, 14:38   Link #28
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Spoiler for episode 18:
I'm not surprised since he probably have more than half of his mind worrying about Sheryl. I'm just surprised that he wasn't shot down for being that inattentive.
Old 2008-08-07, 14:39   Link #29
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

gah can't wait to get home! Man this series is so awesome I have no problem watching the raws even though i have no clue what they're saying .
Old 2008-08-07, 14:41   Link #30
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
She'll definitely make a comeback...anyhow I rewatched the OP and was Sheryl wrapped in a "red string of fate"? LOL

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
I actually brought that up when the first pic of that part came out. She'll break free of it though.

Btw Michel's line was full of win.

Alto: What? Sheryl is...

Michel: I can't tell you why, but just go. If you don't you will regret it for the rest of your life.

I really kill that bastard that knocked Sheryl to the ground in the rain though.
Old 2008-08-07, 14:47   Link #31
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
I actually brought that up when the first pic of that part came out. She'll break free of it though.

Btw Michel's line was full of win.

Alto: What? Sheryl is...

Michel: I can't tell you why, but just go. If you don't you will regret it for the rest of your life.

I really kill that bastard that knocked Sheryl to the ground in the rain though.

Oh I'm with you....I'd like to get my hands on him and slap him upside his head....then kill. Maybe Later Alto will do the honors LOL.

Anyhow with a line like that...SherylxAlto, here we come!

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-08-07, 14:50   Link #32
.Mero

Klein - Mikhail and later also Sheryl interaction was awesome.
Watched the raw 3 times in a row now can't wait for a hq subbed version.

I'm finally starting to 'like' Alto's character and development. He's not as distant to me as he was before.
Old 2008-08-07, 14:53   Link #33
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......

About Lion, for some strange reason, I think I heard this style somewhere before......
Old 2008-08-07, 14:54   Link #34
zalem

That line from Michel makes me tear up. Can't wait to see them together in episode 19. Alto's brother is sneaky using Sheryl to get Alto to go home.
Old 2008-08-07, 14:56   Link #35
Tabris

I do love the new OP.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-08-07, 14:57   Link #36
Key Board
Carbon

dude,

apparently Sherly is more of an SNK kind of fighter instead of Capcom

you know the extra super move that you can only pull off while your life bar is flashing red?
She's might be going for that.

Also, I'm tempted to put "Leave Sheryl ALone!" in the tags, giggle
Old 2008-08-07, 14:57   Link #37
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Oh. Oh my gosh. This is it. Sheryl fans who stuck by her when she was shoved in the sidelines, it will now pay off. This is truly Sheryl's arc now. Oh. my gosh.

- Sheryl as a street orphan finally puts to rest all the clone theories.
- Grace tears apart Sheryl's pillar of support. "Sheryl Nome."
- Sheryl wants Michael/Klan not to tell Alto about her condition. In return, Klan is frustrated, because she knows about Sheryl's feelings... she remarks that she's a woman, after all.
- Michael's line "Just go. If you don't, you'll regret it for the rest of your life" to Alto broke my heart.
- Alto running around in the rain looking for her, as Sheryl looks so happy when she mistook Alto's brother for him... the poor woman. I'm quite afraid of his reaction when he finds out Sheryl's been keeping something like this from him.
- Alto's brother tells him if he's worried, come to the Saotome estate. Quite clever of him.

My heart broke for Alto and Sheryl.
Old 2008-08-07, 14:58   Link #38
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Just encase the worst happens to Sheryl god forbid I am reading pitchfork brigade. As much as Macross has really been bashing on Sheryl over the past couple of episodes i think this is the lore. To have character fall to the ground i mean hit rock bottom i dont think you can go any lower than death. Sheryl has always been a fighter and cant see her dying because of this and i dont think writers are ready to kill her off yet after all her fan base is huge. I am expecting to see Sheryl at the low point for a little while longer before they start bring her back into the lime light and we see what her true role is. So its going to be more Ranka focused for a while but since everything seems to be about Ranka im sure she holds the key to curing the virus maybe some weird anti-bodies in her blood i dunno but something.

Im not really sure where the love triangle is going at this point. Even at Sheryl's low point and Ranka's rising stardom i cant see either of them with the advantage. I know who i would love to see Alto with but im now considering the possibility that we might not even get a conclusion to the love triangle and the series ends with Sheryl and Ranka still being rivals.
Old 2008-08-07, 14:59   Link #39
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Mero View Post
Klein - Mikhail and later also Sheryl interaction was awesome.
Watched the raw 3 times in a row now can't wait for a hq subbed version.

I'm finally starting to 'like' Alto's character and development. He's not as distant to me as he was before.

Alto definitely wasn't bad in this episode...although I wish Ozma wasn't all "Please protect Ranka".

At this point...Sheryl needs more protection.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-08-07, 15:02   Link #40
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
Alto definitely wasn't bad in this episode...although I wish Ozma wasn't all "Please protect Ranka".

At this point...Sheryl needs more protection.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Sheryl doesn't need protection. She just needs some support.
Closed Thread