AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-05-02, 21:44   Link #41
Lithium381

Oboe/Greenhouse are keywords

Few things i know:

A boy plays an oboe in his school orchestra. One of his few friends, a girl, also plays in it, i don't remember the instrument she plays. He doesn't do that well, and the teacher tells him he HAS to practice cause they have a huge preformance comming up. Anyways, his most consuming hobby, is his greenhouse, where he spends most of his time. One day he's absorbed, and made small by a fairy, there is a war going on between the flowers and the bees, and some fairies. His fairy buddy gets messed up. When he gets big again, he goes and preforms all good in the preofmrance.....happy ending! yay

it's been days since i saw it last, any help would be appreciated
Lithium381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 22:30   Link #42
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium381
Few things i know:

A boy plays an oboe in his school orchestra. One of his few friends, a girl, also plays in it, i don't remember the instrument she plays. He doesn't do that well, and the teacher tells him he HAS to practice cause they have a huge preformance comming up. Anyways, his most consuming hobby, is his greenhouse, where he spends most of his time. One day he's absorbed, and made small by a fairy, there is a war going on between the flowers and the bees, and some fairies. His fairy buddy gets messed up. When he gets big again, he goes and preforms all good in the preofmrance.....happy ending! yay

it's been days since i saw it last, any help would be appreciated
Sanrio's 1985 anime movie "Yousei Florence" (Fairy Florence)?
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 02:18   Link #43
kevinlaikf

Name for late70-early80s JapAnime?

I am looking for the proper japanese title for this animation series I had watched in my teens.

About a boy with a magical yoyo with a cloth teddy/doll, and it open up a portal to another world. The chinese title of this show is "Xiao Bao Li Xian Ji" (literally: Adventure of Xiao Bao).

About another show, about a naughty boy which was cursed and shrink into a tiny size and with the abilities to understand animal language, and accompanied by a flying goose to break his curse.

Any help on this 2 anime series?
kevinlaikf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 02:30   Link #44
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

alright this anime's been haunting me for years

it's from around 1995ish

It's about this boy who got transported to another world, and everyone in this world is a "warrior" and there's two sides. The evil guy is this guy in red armor, and he defeated this guy in green armor.

The goal of the good guys was to "power" the time crystals (or something...) and open a gate to the world they came from. The opposing group is there to stop them.

plz help!
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 02:42   Link #45
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart

it's from around 1995ish

It's about this boy who got transported to another world, and everyone in this world is a "warrior" and there's two sides. The evil guy is this guy in red armor, and he defeated this guy in green armor.

The goal of the good guys was to "power" the time crystals (or something...) and open a gate to the world they came from. The opposing group is there to stop them.

plz help!
Fushigi Yuugi?
Old 2004-05-03, 03:14   Link #46
Budweineken
Crap

I've only seen the first few minutes of the first episode of Fushigi Yuugi, but isnt it two girls that get transported?

I dont know about the other clues so maybe i'm just mistaken...
Budweineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 03:44   Link #47
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:

it's from around 1995ish

plz help!
Doesn't quite fit your discription, but could it be vision of escaflowne? A girl gets transported to another world, where they use mechs called gai melefs(sp?) that look like giant suits of armor. The mechs are powered by crystals called drag energists. Plus one of the villians has a red gai melef. It's from 1996, I believe, so it sort of fits your timeline. If the guy with the red armor was a pyromaniac, then I'd bet this is the series your thinking of.
Old 2004-05-03, 06:06   Link #48
ensyak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlaikf
I am looking for the proper japanese title for this animation series I had watched in my teens.

About a boy with a magical yoyo with a cloth teddy/doll, and it open up a portal to another world. The chinese title of this show is "Xiao Bao Li Xian Ji" (literally: Adventure of Xiao Bao).

About another show, about a naughty boy which was cursed and shrink into a tiny size and with the abilities to understand animal language, and accompanied by a flying goose to break his curse.

Any help on this 2 anime series?
the second one is 'ニルスの不思議な旅(Nirusu no fushigi na tabi)'

the first one is this? I'm not sure...
ポールのミラクル大作戦(Po-ru no mirakuru daisakusen)
http://www.animax.co.jp/program/prog...3?naiyo=m_paul
ensyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 12:31   Link #49
cuizenart

OK Here is a tough one. It is a movie from my childhood (mid 80's, beta tape). The concept is prety basic: a water prince and a fire princess fall in love but they are forbidden by their families to be together since they are at war or something. They decide to float up to the moon or some place on these puff ball type pods that grow out of the ground once every like thousand years, but the water prince is captured so he misses the opportunity. It's real sad and I don't remember how it ends, but I think that the king's name was Triton and the water prince was simply called the Water Child. I will be impressed if someone gets this. Thank you and good luck.
cuizenart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 13:13   Link #50
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuizenart
OK Here is a tough one. It is a movie from my childhood (mid 80's, beta tape). The concept is prety basic: a water prince and a fire princess fall in love but they are forbidden by their families to be together since they are at war or something. They decide to float up to the moon or some place on these puff ball type pods that grow out of the ground once every like thousand years, but the water prince is captured so he misses the opportunity. It's real sad and I don't remember how it ends, but I think that the king's name was Triton and the water prince was simply called the Water Child. I will be impressed if someone gets this. Thank you and good luck.
Wasn't the prince's name Sirius, and the princess' name Malta? Then:

Sanrio's 1981 anime movie "Sirius no Densetsu" (Legend of Sirius)
Old 2004-05-03, 13:55   Link #51
htpcfan
L1: Lazy Puppy

Need help identifying anime 超時空遊俠

超時空遊俠 -- I really loved this anime as a kid, but I have no idea what the english/japanese name of this is, only the Mandarin name (with timetravelling teapot 飛天壺 ^_^ |||)

So the premise (however stupid it is) is that somehow Leonardo da Vinci gets teleported to the future by a future counterpart. He develops this time-travelling er, kettle, which teleports this soccer kid and techie girl into like Arabia in 1000AD, where they run into this evil/funny/short/pudgy wizard, who takes posession of the time travelling kettle.

Chaos ensues when he teleports to random times each episode while trying to abduct the princess of the country, bringing along the kids, the silly prince, a laughing genie-in-a-lamp who looks like a poorly costumed superman, and later this little fire-breathing dragon.

This aired in the 80's I think in Asia... wahh it was such a classic...
htpcfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 14:14   Link #52
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

can you romaji (or whatever you call it in chinese) the name? all i recognize is the kanji for "time" in the title
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 17:26   Link #53
cuizenart

Score another one for kj1980!!! Right the king was Oceanus. You blow my mind , is there anything that you can't recall?
cuizenart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 18:44   Link #54
K-chama

Send a message via AIM to K-chama
Babelfish has translated this as "Ultra Space And Time Knight-Errant". Hope that helps.
K-chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 19:18   Link #55
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpcfan
超時空遊俠 -- I really loved this anime as a kid, but I have no idea what the english/japanese name of this is, only the Mandarin name (with timetravelling teapot 飛天壺 ^_^ |||)

So the premise (however stupid it is) is that somehow Leonardo da Vinci gets teleported to the future by a future counterpart. He develops this time-travelling er, kettle, which teleports this soccer kid and techie girl into like Arabia in 1000AD, where they run into this evil/funny/short/pudgy wizard, who takes posession of the time travelling kettle.

Chaos ensues when he teleports to random times each episode while trying to abduct the princess of the country, bringing along the kids, the silly prince, a laughing genie-in-a-lamp who looks like a poorly costumed superman, and later this little fire-breathing dragon.

This aired in the 80's I think in Asia... wahh it was such a classic...
Didn't that kettle wear sunglasses? I believe what you are mentioning is one of the lesser-known Time Bokan series anime, "Time Trouble Tondekeman" The professor was not called "da Vinci," but was referred to as Professor Leonardo
Old 2004-05-03, 19:39   Link #56
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

no...it wasn't Escaflowne

I remember because there was no almost no girls in it...just lots of fighting, transforming, and this guy who keeps trying to destroy crystals to get out of the world he's in.
Old 2004-05-06, 09:36   Link #57
Funnylink

Send a message via AIM to Funnylink
cant remember new anime name

A anime where this kid gets flushed down a toilet and he ends up in a different world where he is king. This anime just recently came out too.
[edit remembered it] Kyou Kara Maou
Funnylink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 09:53   Link #58
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
I will take a look at the series
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 02:13   Link #59
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

I FOUND IT!!!! yEAY!!!
The mystery anime that has been haunting me was called Heaven Wars Shurato

Saw a chinese dub ages ago...too bad can't find any subbers doing it

I remember seeing it on HUGE LASeR DISCS!!!
Old 2004-05-09, 04:17   Link #60
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
I FOUND IT!!!! yEAY!!!
The mystery anime that has been haunting me was called Heaven Wars Shurato

Saw a chinese dub ages ago...too bad can't find any subbers doing it

I remember seeing it on HUGE LASeR DISCS!!!
...you could've easily said "the anime with the very embarassing two-girls-inside the-heart-mark in the OP"

Shurato aired way back in 1989-1990.

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel