AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 6 13.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 11.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 18.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 16.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 13.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.33%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 13.95%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-10, 16:28   Link #101
Joe_fh

Haha Valkyria strikes yet again XD
Come on! Why is the whole squad acting like kids? Sure in the previous episode we withnesed how they treat their "friend" Alicia. So why the hell were they so angry with those soldiers that called her a monster? I mean Alicia said that squad 7 was like her family and they called her a monster but now the're so high and mighty and saying others should talk about her like that. if welkin was a true leader he should have punched some sense into them the previous episode.
When you put together their reactions rom the last two episode you get something like"Is the moster eating ok?"
And on another note how did she learn to control her power that fast?
Haha I knew you could get away with friendly fire ....no wait that can't happen...
But Alicia is so kind... "please keep the person who said he loved me and then shot me in th back safe"

Well I'll stop at that...no ranting about realism, real strategies and let's not foget the so-unrealistic-soldier-characters that it makes you wonder if this isn't really a school romance .... I've said it so many times in the discussions this far so yeah

At leas we'll see a big battle after and maybe at the end of the next episode. Though I really wonder why the Empire's fortress looks like a high stone wall when it's painfully obvious that most of the so called "stronghold" should be underground or at leas their forces should have dug-in...wait I'm comparing with reality again...
Old 2009-09-10, 16:30   Link #102
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
But they all graduated from univeristy! They can't be in their teens!
Both Welkin and Faldio are 22 Alicia is the only teen and barely since she's 19.
Old 2009-09-10, 16:55   Link #103
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Both Welkin and Faldio are 22 Alicia is the only teen and barely since she's 19.
Well in my country she's considered a young adult and defintely NOT a teen so no excuses there!

As for Faldio and Welkin, well I'd have to give in to Faldio and admit that he was the most mature out of the three. *Runs away from anti-Faldio fans*
Old 2009-09-10, 17:15   Link #104
Father Hentai

Quote:
But they all graduated from univeristy! They can't be in their teens!
Only Welkin and Faldio have University degree. That is why they both are Officers when they started and Alicia is Sergeant.

In addition. Only because Alicia is in a young adult age it still remains she is a teenager because she is nineTEEN. The only difference when getting in age of eightTEEN is that in GSA for example you have a conscription for the males and you are in full responsible for your action.

As Jagdpanther mentions that Faldio is not getting judged full. Just keep in mind that he is still under custody and only has the privilege to move a bit freely within the camp. This is a privilege an officer ranked soldier may get in comparison to the regular foot soldiers. It is also difficult to handle because if he would not taken the risk of a friendly fire then there would not be an Gallian soldier left.
Old 2009-09-10, 20:47   Link #105
Naximillion
94 Animes Watched

Send a message via AIM to Naximillion Send a message via MSN to Naximillion
I don't seem to like Faldio anymore after he went crazy/emo after seeing his whole squad die. Of course it's obvious he would be sad but he went crazyy so yea.. lol.

Does age even matter in animes? And besides, Alicia is only 3 years younger and its a military thing, military people don't care about age as long as you can fight

--ON TOPIC
I was so happy how Welkin finally did something about people talking about Alicia, like really, in episode 22 his squad was talking behind her back and he hardly did anything
Seems like romance might finally happen next episode or should I say last episode
Old 2009-09-10, 22:07   Link #106
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naximillion View Post
I don't seem to like Faldio anymore after he went crazy/emo after seeing his whole squad die. Of course it's obvious he would be sad but he went crazyy so yea.. lol.

Does age even matter in animes? And besides, Alicia is only 3 years younger and its a military thing, military people don't care about age as long as you can fight

--ON TOPIC
I was so happy how Welkin finally did something about people talking about Alicia, like really, in episode 22 his squad was talking behind her back and he hardly did anything
Seems like romance might finally happen next episode or should I say last episode
There's 26 episodes...
Old 2009-09-10, 22:27   Link #107
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Well for the record it was the princess who released him and she's the top authority in the country (Borg's not there anyways nor would he care to stop her).
I know; that says a lot about her, though. She's like, "Well, it was for the good of the country and we were saved. It's okay you shot her." That's basically what she's saying by letting him go.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-09-11, 00:41   Link #108
kalbron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I know; that says a lot about her, though. She's like, "Well, it was for the good of the country and we were saved. It's okay you shot her, kidnapped me, your ruler, and stole the royal heirlooms to give to a commoner that you had just shot on the suspicion that she may, possibly, have a chance of being a Valkyria that might be strong enough to either defeat or draw with Selvaria." That's basically what she's saying by letting him go.
Fixed that for ya.
Old 2009-09-11, 01:09   Link #109
Father Hentai

Quote:
Speak for your countries military but not for all. As military duty also contains social education and integration and learning of and from your responsibilities. This comes also to your weapon training.

Maybe for Damon it is normal to see someone as a weapon but such idiots actually do not sit long in that position.
Old 2009-09-11, 01:49   Link #110
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
And besides, Alicia is only 3 years younger and its a military thing, military people don't care about age as long as you can fight
You'd be surprised. I can assure you from my experience in militia units that years of service and age will amount a lot when it comes to the respect you'll get from others, whether you hold rank or not. A young 20 years old Lt fresh out of school can't yell at a 30 years old private 2nd class with kids and a good civilian job and expect any other reaction than "piss off". Works both ways too. Having soldiers ten years younger under your command is twice face-palm worthy (the first time when you realise their age, the second when they prove why age does matter).

But I digress. That's RL stuff of course. We're speaking about anime here, where age matters in reverse. The younger the better.
Besides it's absurd to talk about military in a VC anime thread.
Old 2009-09-11, 05:47   Link #111
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
You'd be surprised. I can assure you from my experience in militia units that years of service and age will amount a lot when it comes to the respect you'll get from others, whether you hold rank or not. A young 20 years old Lt fresh out of school can't yell at a 30 years old private 2nd class with kids and a good civilian job and expect any other reaction than "piss off". Works both ways too. Having soldiers ten years younger under your command is twice face-palm worthy (the first time when you realise their age, the second when they prove why age does matter).

But I digress. That's RL stuff of course. We're speaking about anime here, where age matters in reverse. The younger the better.
Besides it's absurd to talk about military in a VC anime thread.
It depends a lot on how the young officer is capable to see his rights, his duty and his responsibilities as a superior. Most of the young guns only see their rights but don't see that with this "gift" they also have responsibilities and duties.

If we take Largo as an example as one of the elder Squad 7 members. It took Welkin an unorthodox method to convince him and make him accept as Squad leader.

We have something similiar here in Germany where you join with a Sergeants or officers rank (their age are between 18 and 26) and you mostly have to work hard to gain full respect or acceptance of your elder comrades.
Old 2009-09-11, 07:17   Link #112
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Fixed that for ya.
Pretty much, yeah.

I mean, maybe she got quickest case of Stockholm Syndrome ever and she honestly will forgive him for kidnapping her, but the last part is true, too. He nearly TK-ed (yes, TK-ed) someone based on suspicion that it would be fine. He may have not been in the most clear mental state at the time, obviously, but lets be reasonable here, folks; you don't just let people go for that, especially not in a military setting.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-09-11, 09:19   Link #113
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:

As for Faldio and Welkin, well I'd have to give in to Faldio and admit that he was the most mature out of the three. *Runs away from anti-Faldio fans*
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA!!!

Spoiler for Fabio fans unite!:
Old 2009-09-11, 10:41   Link #114
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Yikes! This is an utter disgrace of a cover... talk about adding insult to injury.
Old 2009-09-11, 12:49   Link #115
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA!!!

Spoiler for Fabio fans unite!:
May I use that poster as a base for my avatar?

Old 2009-09-11, 14:14   Link #116
Loke49

I must say, even if this anime has flaws, don't you guys enjoy watching it ^^ I have to confess that I think it's one of the best and perhaps the most realistic anime's I've seen. They're using bullets and shells (for the most of the part xD) and it's still fun to watch ^^

I for one, don't want it to end.. And if it ends, I would give anything for them to make a second season. Do you guys have any info on that ^^? Cause I would guess that regrettibly, they will NOT make a second season..
Old 2009-09-11, 14:16   Link #117
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Are you serious? Realistic?

Old 2009-09-11, 14:40   Link #118
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke49 View Post
I must say, even if this anime has flaws, don't you guys enjoy watching it ^^ I have to confess that I think it's one of the best and perhaps the most realistic anime's I've seen. They're using bullets and shells (for the most of the part xD) and it's still fun to watch ^^

I for one, don't want it to end.. And if it ends, I would give anything for them to make a second season. Do you guys have any info on that ^^? Cause I would guess that regrettibly, they will NOT make a second season..
Thankfully the anime writers can't butcher the game anymore then they already have.... the anime it's reaching it's end soon and it seems that the remaining episodes will manage in it's own way to cover the ending of the game....

So.....wait till....sega releases valkyria chronicles 2 for the psp then wait a few months for these same writers to announce the animation for it.
Old 2009-09-11, 14:45   Link #119
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post

Are you serious? Realistic?

He probably watched only dragonball and bleach before, so compared to those even this unreal fantasy looks realistic.
Old 2009-09-11, 14:57   Link #120
Loke49

WAHA! I knew that I would get those kind of responses xDD Oh well, you might say that I'm not that experienced in watching anime xD But I don't really see it as a bad thing =P

So, what do you think/feel is better than VC ^^?

[Edit] Oke, I might have Over exagurated when it came to the previus post xD I just thought that I would try to stay positive and not get engulfed by some of the negative comments xD
Closed Thread