AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-03, 14:55   Link #61
CyberPunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheMullet
Gaara beat Sasuke. It's as simple as that really. Naruto managed to beat Gaara, he woulda probabbly gnawed him to death if he could crawl all the way over to him. That woulda been interesting to see

"I'm paralyzed and can't move, WTF? someones chewing me"

*Naruto while biting gaaras shoulder*

"You will die!"

gaara had to be carried out of the arena.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 14:59   Link #62
FearTheMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk
gaara had to be carried out of the arena.
Yes, but directly after the chase there was the fight, where I guess you oculd say then, a weakened Gaara beat Sasuke. :P
FearTheMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 15:02   Link #63
CyberPunk

he was half transformed into a demon and receiving a "power up" bonus.
Old 2004-09-03, 15:21   Link #64
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby
Does anyone know if the Naruto movie features Sasuke with 3 dot sharingan? Well probably not since no one has mentioned it but did they try to hide it by not showing him in his sharingan mode?
No, dude, the anime can't take liberties with stuff like that.
Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 15:22   Link #65
ryno2410

Doesn't the last page show Sasuke with Mange Sharingan? There's lines connecting the dots...don't remember Kakashi ever having that
ryno2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 15:25   Link #66
Asmedaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk
he was half transformed into a demon and receiving a "power up" bonus.
You say that like Gaara was cheating to win. He used his powers and overwhelmed Sasuke at the time, I don't know about now with all this level 1 cursed seal and 3 dot deal, but then Sasuke was no match for Gaara.

I think that Sasuke will be able to either run away or fight Naruto to a stand still. It doesn't mean one is less powerful than the other, but Naruto would never kill Sasuke and therefore even if fully powered he would hold back. We haven't see lvl 2 Sasuke, so maybe he'll get a substantial power boost with lvl 2 seal and 3 dots. The way these chapters worked so far it seems like it's Sasuke's turn to beat up Naruto and for Naruto to find some other "hidden" talent to beat Sasuke or someone to jump into the fight in order to stop it. Pretty exciting chapters though.
Asmedaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 15:26   Link #67
EfrainMan
Scourge of the Seven Seas

Seeing Sasuka get the third dot was almost as kewl as Kyuubi's grand appearance. Gah, I can't wait for the translation, it makes no sense without words. For all I know, Sasuke's saying "come to me my pretty" at the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno2410
Doesn't the last page show Sasuke with Mange Sharingan? There's lines connecting the dots...don't remember Kakashi ever having that
Nah, I'm pretty sure Kakashi has the circle connecting the dots. And the Mangekyo Sharingan extends the dots, as I believe we learned in Sasuke's flashback.
EfrainMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 15:35   Link #68
CyberPunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmedaus
You say that like Gaara was cheating to win. He used his powers and overwhelmed Sasuke at the time, I don't know about now with all this level 1 cursed seal and 3 dot deal, but then Sasuke was no match for Gaara.

I think that Sasuke will be able to either run away or fight Naruto to a stand still. It doesn't mean one is less powerful than the other, but Naruto would never kill Sasuke and therefore even if fully powered he would hold back. We haven't see lvl 2 Sasuke, so maybe he'll get a substantial power boost with lvl 2 seal and 3 dots. The way these chapters worked so far it seems like it's Sasuke's turn to beat up Naruto and for Naruto to find some other "hidden" talent to beat Sasuke or someone to jump into the fight in order to stop it. Pretty exciting chapters though.

i say that because the other guy made two comparisons of power. 1) gaara, 2) shukaku. it's obvious that the gaara sasuke fought in the forest was under the influence of shukaku's power. i made no such inference of cheating.
Old 2004-09-03, 15:51   Link #69
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
I was kind of suprised Naruto was still in full control... he was able to stand still and listen to Sasuke and still stay in Beserk mode... which looks extremely cool. Next chapter should be intresting, Sasuke fighting his best against Beserk Naruto and finding out he still isn't a match, then activating the Heaven Seal to the second level and fighting one on one with Equal power (no clue if they'll be even, but its a good bet), and then seeing Kakashi come along and just looking at Sasuke and Naruto fighting looking like two demon's fighting instead of humans.

Man, that is going to rock the house so much. I'm pumped.
Ketsueki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 16:06   Link #70
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno2410
That looks kinda similar to the mange to me. To tell you the truth, I will actually have to see the translation before even saying no. the last page looks mangish lol.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 16:12   Link #71
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheMullet
Gaara beat Sasuke. It's as simple as that really. Naruto managed to beat Gaara, he woulda probabbly gnawed him to death if he could crawl all the way over to him. That woulda been interesting to see

"I'm paralyzed and can't move, WTF? someones chewing me"

*Naruto while biting gaaras shoulder*

"You will die!"
He was waaaay to slow to get around the Shield of Sand. I wonder what happend to that thing during their fight anyway.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 16:14   Link #72
yanoch
French, english NOOB

I have just bough the english naruto manga and readed it and i think kakashi sharingan is just like sasuke is. Remembered to be surprised we i saw kakashi i didnt remembered each dot had the pointy thing.
yanoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 16:16   Link #73
Verrik
Destroyer of Dreams

Send a message via AIM to Verrik Send a message via MSN to Verrik Send a message via Yahoo to Verrik
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramadrama
That looks kinda similar to the mange to me. To tell you the truth, I will actually have to see the translation before even saying no. the last page looks mangish lol.
Mange.

Spoiler:

Sasuke from 229

Spoiler:

I don't think so....
Verrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 16:17   Link #74
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EfrainMan
Gah, I can't wait for the translation, it makes no sense without words. For all I know, Sasuke's saying "come to me my pretty" at the end
You're more correct than you know. >__< This was quite a moving chapter, I wish Sasuke had gotten his ass kicked a little more, but other than that I can't really complain.
Old 2004-09-03, 16:21   Link #75
Verrik
Destroyer of Dreams

Send a message via AIM to Verrik Send a message via MSN to Verrik Send a message via Yahoo to Verrik
To the people saying Kakashi doesn't have the line....

Spoiler:

You can see it in that cap.
Old 2004-09-03, 16:22   Link #76
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, guess we have to wait till ch #230 for that to happen . But don't worry, INANE will be out later this week (seeing as they always do).
Old 2004-09-03, 16:23   Link #77
DoMi-KuN

naruto should summon oyabin and get it over with ...
DoMi-KuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 16:23   Link #78
aptenergy

Yes, I think it's important to point out (as some of the others did) that Sasuke is probably saying something like "we fight as equals" now or something like that, hence the putting on of the leaf headband. So Naruto gets the acknowledgment he's been looking for all along.

I think that they'll still fight, but there will be no clear winner because someone will intervene and in the midst of all that, Sasuke will escape and go to Orochimaru. The arc has developed too far to bring him home.
aptenergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 16:26   Link #79
rorosama

Some people said he'd be able to keep up wit naruto now that he has mange. Does it make you faster? Also, Naruto is talking sensible to sasuke so he's not really berserk. Could he be able to call out those powers at will now? Or when he's pissed at someone(which is a lot!)?
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 16:28   Link #80
Verrik
Destroyer of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorosama
Some people said he'd be able to keep up wit naruto now that he has mange. Does it make you faster? Also, Naruto is talking sensible to sasuke so he's not really berserk. Could he be able to call out those powers at will now? Or when he's pissed at someone(which is a lot!)?
Sasuke doesn't have Mange, he has three swirls. Look at my first post on page 4.