AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2004-09-04, 03:25   Link #161
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
Negi's pass is kinda sad. And I congratulate Mr. A for not putting any, I MEANT ANY, fan service in the flash back....except Asuna....cuz I am so used to her being naked I thought she was born that way.....hehehe wait she DID EHHEHE nevermind.
Yup, Akamatsu handled the emotional flashback pretty well. You *were* referring to Negi's sister when you made this comment, right? As for Asuna, it had already become a law stating wherever there's Asuna, there's fan service. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
Anyway, does any of you think young Negira (sp?) look EXACTLY like Asuna. I wonder if there is any connection there.....
Young Negira (so this is how you romanize her name?) does resemble young Asuna more than young Ayaka, but then again, most of these girls have fairly similar faces...the current Negira is basically Asuna with Ayaka's hair.

By the way, I think a more elegant name fits her better; Negira just doesn't have that sophisticated feel to it. Negi...Nagi...Negira...what's next, Negiraga? XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
Chapter 66???

Translated?
Me? Translated, yes, but in Chinese.

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-09-04 at 06:29.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 01:31   Link #162
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

NOOOOOOOOOOOO, the Red Army gets their Negima fix before I do!! AIIIAEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2004-09-05, 03:40   Link #163
Spyderz

Quote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO, the Red Army gets their Negima fix before I do!! AIIIAEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mwahahah
cant wait for ch67
Spyderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 03:59   Link #164
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Quote:
A side note - for some series, Chinese scanlations are much faster - especially since for some of them, there's no translation work involved, only scanning the already translated versions from those weekly magazines.
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 22:46   Link #165
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
XD

Not trying to make you feel worse, but the Negima scanslation comes out at a much slower pace compared to most Chinese speed-scanslators since only two people are working on it. The raw is usually released around Friday, and the scanslation comes out on Wednesday, but hey, can't sacrifice quality for the sake of speed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
A side note - for some series, Chinese scanlations are much faster - especially since for some of them, there's no translation work involved, only scanning the already translated versions from those weekly magazines.
Ehh, manga that are scanned without any translation work involved shouldn't be called scanslation...

Those other major Chinese scanslation groups doing JUMP series are super fast because they get their raws earlier and have much larger teams dedicated to each series...that and they have very impressive work ethics.
Old 2004-09-06, 23:02   Link #166
Spyderz

not to mention translating from jap to chinese is much easier and much accurate due to the fact the jap lang was sort of derived from chinese
Old 2004-09-07, 04:02   Link #167
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderz
not to mention translating from jap to chinese is much easier and much accurate due to the fact the jap lang was sort of derived from chinese
I thought that the Japanese just "borrowed" the Chinese writing system and simplified it because at the time they didn't have one of their own. I didn't think there were any other similarities between the two languages other than that, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 12:36   Link #168
Spyderz

i said sort of
some of the words are in fact chinese but pronounced differently
like the word time
exactly the same characters
still got a few others but im just lazy to find
Old 2004-09-07, 14:34   Link #169
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
*Have any gave ya any good sites for Negima manga scans?
*If not there's this good site with Negima Chapters 1 - 59, so far.
*As soon i get home ill give ya the addressie
* I dont got my favs list from school comps
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 21:40   Link #170
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai
*Have any gave ya any good sites for Negima manga scans?
*If not there's this good site with Negima Chapters 1 - 59, so far.
*As soon i get home ill give ya the addressie
* I dont got my favs list from school comps
Negima is licensed, therefore you must be and not share illegal scans!
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 14:53   Link #171
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Of course i know that.. i support the authors, just taking a peek, you can only wonder so much b4 you get lost
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 20:12   Link #172
sarcasteak
WAHA~

As expected, Makie is the covergirl for volume 7!

*drools* Errr--huh!? Errr, I mean she's just a little girl, I wouldn't possibly...
Old 2004-09-09, 20:43   Link #173
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Well, Makie gets alot of airtime (so-to-speak) in the chapters of volume 7, so it is no surprise that she's on the cover page as well.

If you read the previous volumes, you would also know that Makie is actually the most popular girl - Asuna is second behind her.
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 20:55   Link #174
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Actually, I recall Asuna was second only once (in the 2nd round behind Makie)--Nodoka was second in the 1st round of voting followed by Asuna third. And of course, Setsuna owned everyone in the 3rd round...

During the 1st and 2nd round of voting, Makie won even though the only time she actually played an active role was the library expedition...and even then she was more of a side character in the Baka Rendan. But of course, I'm suuuuuuuure her character design had nothing to do with her amazing popularity.
Old 2004-09-10, 08:23   Link #175
Sydney2K

Send a message via ICQ to Sydney2K Send a message via AIM to Sydney2K Send a message via MSN to Sydney2K Send a message via Yahoo to Sydney2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
As expected, Makie is the covergirl for volume 7!

Ooh, when is the release date for that?
Sydney2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 17:13   Link #176
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney2k
Ooh, when is the release date for that?
Forgot + don't care. XD
I buy the Taiwanese publication anyways, so I gotta wait a month at least before I can get it on my "hand." I don't think such a blue background has ever appeared in any of Akamatsu's single books...this is definitely a must-get.

Oh, and Ayaka's Contract Card is out with the December character CD:
Spoiler for Gothic Lolita?!:

Interesting; I've always envisioned Ayaka in fancy dresses, but not like this!

Although Ayaka can fight on par with Asuna when they are fooling around, I don't think she'll be portrayed as a front-line character, so flowers as weapon seem to be fitting for a support type character.

Speaking of companions, I was quite glad that Negi leaned towards the same path as Nagi (magic swordsman) back when Eva mentioned Negi's choice for battle type...had he gone with pure mage, then Asuna is pretty much a lock for his official companion and none of the support types will have a fightin' chance. >_<

I look forward to January's...Eva + ChaChaMaru + Sayo...who's going to be on the card?! Eva seems like the most logical choice based on screen time and role in the story, but kissing his surrogate mother?! Negi, you've gone too far! XD

Source: StarChild Records
Old 2004-09-10, 19:34   Link #177
FlyByNite

Quote:
Spoiler for Gothic Lolita?!:

Although Ayaka can fight on par with Asuna when they are fooling around, I don't think she'll be portrayed as a front-line character, so flowers as weapon seem to be fitting for a support type character.
Source: StarChild Records

Spoiler:
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 20:28   Link #178
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Why use spoilers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
I like the dress on the card since it's not standard Ayaka, but it also looks kinda fitting for her. It really makes her stand out against all the other cards since most are in school uniforms, although Makie was in her gymnastics outfit and Konoka wasn't in her uniform either. But since Asuna is in a school uniform and she's Ayaka's rival it's yet another attempt to be different and stand-out from Asuna
Chisame, Satomi, and Sakurako don't wearing school uniform on their cards, either, so I didn't think that much of it. What made it unique to me was that that kind of outfit is usually worn by someone like Evangelion...Ayaka seemed more of a formal or Sunday dress type. Besides, I associate Ayaka with white or light-color and not indigo blue, so that was a bit of a surprise, too.
Old 2004-09-10, 21:41   Link #179
Sydney2K

Send a message via ICQ to Sydney2K Send a message via AIM to Sydney2K Send a message via MSN to Sydney2K Send a message via Yahoo to Sydney2K
Quote:
Forgot + don't care. XD
Oh, don't be rude, or I won't forgive you! *grin*

Quote:

Hmmm, I don't think it's your usual EGL, not to mention that Ayaka isn't a EGL either, but it's close to the lolita-esque fashion. Don't forget that EGL isn't the only lolita-esque fashion in Japan, the pink cute style is also popular over there too. It's a darker colour, sure, and not as frilly. Perhaps it's the evening gown lolita style . ?:-)

Quote:
Well, in the Kyoto thread she did say she
Spoiler:

I wanna see Ayaka take a more prominent role in the story anyway. BTW, has anyone actually translated the latin and worked out what powers each card bestows?

Quote:
Speaking of companions, I was quite glad that Negi leaned towards the same path as Nagi (magic swordsman) back when Eva mentioned Negi's choice for battle type...had he gone with pure mage, then Asuna is pretty much a lock for his official companion and none of the support types will have a fightin' chance. >_<
It made sense; I'm not sure if Negi has gotten the meaning of the Magister/Minister correct; he wants to be able to protect Asuna and the others, but the thing is that the Minister is meant to protect him, so he goes down the road of being able to fight hand to hand as well as with magic. Not that it's wasted time though, because it'll make him well-rounded.
Sydney2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 23:14   Link #180
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney2K
Oh, don't be rude, or I won't forgive you! *grin*

I wanna see Ayaka take a more prominent role in the story anyway. BTW, has anyone actually translated the latin and worked out what powers each card bestows?
well
Florens = blooming/in bloom, flowering; flowery, bright/shining; flourishing, prosperous
Burgenis = citizen and evolved into bourgeois for the french was above the normal 'working class'. Since Citizens in Rome were the only ones capable of owning property/voting, etc... But a large portion of them weren't.

So looking at Ayaka as being rich and high in society I think this may be a kind of "flowering Rich Girl?" or just "Prosperous Woman"
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy