AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2011-07-10, 05:43   Link #7461
rinichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynor View Post

Spoiler for Large image:

Spoiler for Large Image:

I think its not in the world of C... Coz that pic the one standing in a Kimono with sunflowers... its really her, its CC....

you cant deny this first episode video I look over and over on it...
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 10:35   Link #7462
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinichan View Post
I think its not in the world of C... Coz that pic the one standing in a Kimono with sunflowers... its really her, its CC....

you cant deny this first episode video I look over and over on it...
Well-- It's almost solved actually.

Maybe it's connected with a deleted "Suzaku had a connection with Geass"

Thinking about that.
We've already seen Lelouch past and parents, Kallen parents, C.C. past, Suzaku past, but not his parents ( in terms of both father and mother ). Isn't Suzaku serve as Lelouch anti-exist ? If it's true, why his father and mother background not fully shown ?

Discuss that on Suzaku character thread ^^;
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 05:11   Link #7463
Jsmithmim@saber

The best male anime charecter of all time.
Jsmithmim@saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 08:33   Link #7464
iBeast

Long live the fallen King...
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 02:26   Link #7465
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Something befitting of the fallen king:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90GSd9ACtaw&sns=em
When the black hand of fate reaches out, it's best to think before taking it.
I don't think it's quite fitting for obvious reasons.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 03:45   Link #7466
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

lelouch is like the real hero or more than that, sacrificing himself, spoiling his own name for good of everyone
Old 2012-05-06, 06:58   Link #7467
brolyeuphyfusion
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmithmim@saber View Post
The worst anime charecter of all time.
fixed, now it's more accurate

lelouch is overrated, people need to face facts, he's dead, and he can't do everything

Old 2012-05-06, 07:09   Link #7468
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by brolyeuphyfusion View Post

lelouch is overrated, people need to face facts, he's dead, and he can't do everything
True but what is unique (I guess) about Lelouch is that he learned to acknowledge his crimes and made effort to take all hate to himself...he truly acted noble in the end accepting his faith... unlike someone I knew (Death Note)
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 07:18   Link #7469
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
True but what is unique (I guess) about Lelouch is that he learned to acknowledge his crimes and made effort to take all hate to himself...he truly acted noble in the end accepting his faith... unlike someone I knew (Death Note)
agreed on that one
Old 2012-05-06, 08:48   Link #7470
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
lelouch is like the real hero or more than that, sacrificing himself, spoiling his own name for good of everyone
Or more like a coward looking for the east way out! He condemns Suzaku his friend to a life time of solitude, Nunnally has to pick up the pieces after he's managed to destroy the Sakuradite deposits, the rest if the world is in chaos, and this boy emperor conviently finds a way to fall on his sword "and rid the world of evil".
A hero would stand up for his crimes, and face his punishment! Lelouch had the ability too change the world for the better, but he mucked that up too!
He was driven by revenge, and that is a double edged sword that cuts both ways, and he had thought he'd list his sister, so depression became a part of it too.
But a hero?! Not in my book!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 11:25   Link #7471
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Or more like a coward looking for the east way out! He condemns Suzaku his friend to a life time of solitude, Nunnally has to pick up the pieces after he's managed to destroy the Sakuradite deposits, the rest if the world is in chaos, and this boy emperor conviently finds a way to fall on his sword "and rid the world of evil".
A hero would stand up for his crimes, and face his punishment! Lelouch had the ability too change the world for the better, but he mucked that up too!
He was driven by revenge, and that is a double edged sword that cuts both ways, and he had thought he'd list his sister, so depression became a part of it too.
But a hero?! Not in my book!
okay, lelouch was not a coward or a heartless person ,even though he din't show it but he did felt sad when shirley died,euphimia died, even when rolo died. All the bad things he did, ran away instead of facing his crimes, he used geass over the government to take control, enslaved his own comrades, even his own sister. But by doing all this all the organisations ,the black knights,britannia,chinese frederation, they all came together against him alone, then the only thing left was to get himself killed.Suzaku and lelouch were on this from beginning ,both cared for nanully.
You might say that lelouch was a jerk and coward ,but being that was part of the plan, it was necessary to bring everyone together
Old 2012-05-06, 20:17   Link #7472
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
okay, lelouch was not a coward or a heartless person ,even though he din't show it but he did felt sad when shirley died,euphimia died, even when rolo died. All the bad things he did, ran away instead of facing his crimes, he used geass over the government to take control, enslaved his own comrades, even his own sister. But by doing all this all the organisations ,the black knights,britannia,chinese frederation, they all came together against him alone, then the only thing left was to get himself killed.Suzaku and lelouch were on this from beginning ,both cared for nanully.
You might say that lelouch was a jerk and coward ,but being that was part of the plan, it was necessary to bring everyone together
Nah...Lost Cause is right, Lelouch was a whinny little bitch who couldn't wait for Suzaku to finally penetrate him in the end.
Old 2012-05-06, 22:06   Link #7473
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

ah, well i guess we can all stick to our own views
Old 2012-05-10, 15:47   Link #7474
wredsa

When are we going to have a CC-Gohan fusion?
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 02:23   Link #7475
Eragon
Still Alive

Lelouch is............ Light with a bit of morality still intact. I don't necessarily hate his character. He's not a hero in all this nor is he a villain. He is the lesser of the two evils between him and Shnizel.
Old 2012-05-11, 02:59   Link #7476
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Lelouch is............ Light with a bit of morality still intact. I don't necessarily hate his character. He's not a hero in all this nor is he a villain. He is the lesser of the two evils between him and Shnizel.
Agree... no need to explain.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 11:44   Link #7477
Yamiken
Philosophos Basileus

Send a message via MSN to Yamiken
Quote:
I disagree with the Lelouch/Light comparison. I know people like to lump them together because they're both geniuses out to change the world with a supernatural power they picked up by chance (and who are voiced by rather bishie seiyuu, but leaving that aside), but really, I'd say their characters are pretty damn different, and not just because Lelouch has actual moral qualms. Lelouch is primarily motivated by his big brother instinct and desire for revenge. Destroying every last trace of his hated father's empire occupies most of his time. He does want to change the world after his ideals, yes, but he's not particularly interested in ruling it so long as Nunnally gets a safer, happier world to inhabit. He may be cerebral, but in a lot of ways, he's highly emotional. He's also, to put it bluntly, sane.

Light is not sane, for starters. He cracked the moment he realised he'd actually tarnished his own purity by killing people with the Death Note; everything that followed was a murderous lunatic's increasingly wild attempts to justify himself (much though I dislike Near's character in general, he got that much right). Other than that, he was motivated by a mixture of boredom and ego. That's not to say that Lelouch doesn't have pride, but it's not one of his main motivators. For Light? The whole battle with L was about ego. If it hadn't been, he would've just kept cool when Lind L. Tailor tried to bait him, let him live, then carry on killing criminals. Hell, even if he had lost his cool there, he wouldn't have lured L out into the game of cat-and-mouse the way he did. He may have talked about doing it to eliminate his opposition, but really? He was bored and wanted the challenge; moreover, he needed to assuage his wounded ego after L outclassed him with the whole Tailor episode. Finally, Light is characterised by icy calm most of the time contrasting with violent freak-outs, unlike Lelouch, who maintains a far more sane medium in comparison.

So yeah. Superficial similarities aside, Lelouch and Light don't really resemble one another all that much, unless you want to take a much less favourable reading of Lelouch's character than I have (or a much more favourable one of Light's... though somehow I doubt that'll be a popular one). I'm not saying Lelouch isn't morally grey. He is, very. That's the great thing about Code Geass; plenty of people like that, very few who are either shining heroes or outright villains (though you do have a few of each). But saying he's just Light with a few more morals is, in my view, simplistic.
Yamiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 12:30   Link #7478
Eragon
Still Alive

You don't expect me to defend my statement do you? I just, as you said, put it there without much thought. And I agree with everything you said to differentiate between Light and Lelouch.

The thing is, its very difficult for me to form an opinion of him.
Euphie's death(or rather murder) had a great influence on his character. My problem is, the events that led to that were just too unreal and artificial for me. I can't blame Lelouch for it. I mean he could have said a hundred different things to her to prove his power. Since I can't accept something as important as that, I can't really say much about him. All his subsequent actions as well as Suzaku's and others as well were influenced by that one event that I just can't come to accept as legitimate.
That's why I can't even post a review of this show
Old 2012-05-11, 13:38   Link #7479
Yamiken
Philosophos Basileus

Send a message via MSN to Yamiken
To be quite fair, when I first watched Code Geass, I had more or less the exact same problem. The Euphinator incident utterly ruined the series for me precisely because, as you say, it was so contrived. When I first saw it, I actually just stopped the episode there, said, "No more," and didn't come back to the series for months, even though before I'd been figuratively guzzling the episodes several at a time. It was only after significant cajoling from friends who were fans of the series that I decided to give it a second chance (that, and the realisation that having been rather tired when I first got to the Euphinator bit probably hadn't helped), at which point I watched from the beginning to remind myself what I'd liked about the series originally, then grit my teeth when it came to that one episode and just soldiered on through it.

And I'm glad I did. I love the rest of the series, the odd moment aside, and I get great pleasure out of it every time I re-watch it. But I can most definitely understand a great aversion to that one incident. Foreshadowed (vaguely) or not, it was still... well, to use the word that often gets lobbed at the Zero Requiem, an arse-pull. To this day, I still can't call it a good storytelling decision; I prefer simply not to think about it. Though, that said, the end of that episode, with the juxtaposition of the crowd cheering Lelouch/Zero in a frenzy with Euphie elsewhere breathing her last to Suzaku's distress, is despite what led to it one of the great moments of the series for me.
Yamiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 16:21   Link #7480
azul120

Quote:
You don't expect me to defend my statement do you? I just, as you said, put it there without much thought. And I agree with everything you said to differentiate between Light and Lelouch.

The thing is, its very difficult for me to form an opinion of him.
Euphie's death(or rather murder) had a great influence on his character. My problem is, the events that led to that were just too unreal and artificial for me. I can't blame Lelouch for it. I mean he could have said a hundred different things to her to prove his power. Since I can't accept something as important as that, I can't really say much about him. All his subsequent actions as well as Suzaku's and others as well were influenced by that one event that I just can't come to accept as legitimate.
That's why I can't even post a review of this show
There were other factors as well that could have been averted if not for bad luck and/or other characters' stupidity, namely the betrayal. Not to mention the Britannian army members, for instance who got off scot-free.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote