AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-06-14, 04:29   Link #41
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Nah Providence doesnt need shields, Rau shielded himself with a barrier of 43 beams.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 06:37   Link #42
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
As a designer, why wouldn't they just go a step further with Legend and add more dragoons and some more variety to it's armaments?

e.g have Legend get the grapple stinger that ∞ Justice had instead - its not like Athrun found any use for it than to show it off in an intro.

At least have Legend keep up with the other overpowered suits so it'd be a more significant icon in the series. I don't mind how Legend lost, but I just wasn't surprised seeing it. Strike Freedom and ∞ Justice are upgraded to the point where there's barely anything you'd need to fulfill their combat role (heck, Athrun doesnt even use all his weapons).

Legend could have been a more annoying foe having a larger swarm of dragoons, and then have something different in case it can't use the dragoons (the beam rifle, saber/javelin, and beam shield doesnt seem to be enough. Take away the dragoons and Legend becomes very basic.)
e.g if it had the grapple stinger, it could trap an opponent while blasting through it madly, or just drag it closer for a nice stab.

And is there really any advantage of having such a long beam rifle? Is it more powerful? More accurate and precise? It didn't seem like it was any better than what Destiny, or even what Impulse was carrying.

And also what I meant with Freedom and SF - why couldnt Kira just easily do mutiple lock on to all of the dragoons and take them all down at once with all his guns instead of just using one rifle (or two) to take them down one by one?
He could've done that, AND target Legend at the same time, taking out everything in one barrage - but no, he had to focus his dragoons on just Legend itself. My point is, if Kira did this instead, it would just prove how inferior Legend is compared to SF.
If it was ∞ Justice or Destiny, then I'd consider taking them down one by one.

- Which also begs the question, can ∞ Justice block certain shots with any of it's blades (like Kira does with his beam sabers) ?
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 07:21   Link #43
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

If I was LEGEND's designer I would have made it so the ENTIRE DISC BACKPACK could be detached and used as this HUGE-BIT that just twirls and spams in precise directions (Even have certain DRAGOONs disperse and fire) while LEGEND is free to anticipate how the enemy would dodge it and either melee attk with beam-sabers or use the on-board rifle and play your opponent like it was skeet-shootin'...

Hehe maybe even put a little midget coordinator in the disc to control it if the pilot ain't newtype enuff ^^...
Old 2006-06-14, 07:27   Link #44
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
If I was LEGEND's designer I would have made it so the ENTIRE DISC BACKPACK could be detached and used as this HUGE-BIT that just twirls and spams in precise directions (Even have certain DRAGOONs disperse and fire) while LEGEND is free to anticipate how the enemy would dodge it and either melee attk with beam-sabers or use the on-board rifle and play your opponent like it was skeet-shootin'...

Hehe maybe even put a little midget coordinator in the disc to control it if the pilot ain't newtype enuff ^^...
Let's rethink that idea a bit - wouldn't it be cooler if the two half-discs separated and formed two independently acting DRAGOON platforms?

Stick four DRAGOONs onto Legend itself for some extra firepower when they're detached, and voila! That's what I call an all-range attack.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 07:28   Link #45
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

lol I thought quite the same for SF last time, when SF hasn't been released and there were rumours of SF having DRAGOONs. MAHQ put up stats of SF and it wrote Super DRAGOON x1. This made me think that SF can detach its backpack and fly it around as a giant DRAGOON slicing up mechs. Kinda like Justice's FATUM-00
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 07:35   Link #46
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Let's rethink that idea a bit - wouldn't it be cooler if the two half-discs separated and formed two independently acting DRAGOON platforms?

Stick four DRAGOONs onto Legend itself for some extra firepower when they're detached, and voila! That's what I call an all-range attack.
Damn that is waaaaaaaaay cooler than my idea which was just a vailed attempt at a cheap midget joke^^...That would be sick actually if LEGEND could do that...
Old 2006-06-14, 08:30   Link #47
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
That would be sick actually if LEGEND could do that...
Don't you mean "that would be dope"?
Old 2006-06-14, 08:49   Link #48
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
I think he meant crazily sick.

Let us hope they redeem us Legend freaks with a really good soon-to-be-out model.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 12:31   Link #49
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Soldier
Legend, is a better mobile suit than Providence when it comes to maneuverabilty. Of course it loses in fire power but makes up for it in defensive purposes. The flight backpack makes angles for complex dodging manuevers possible instead of latteral movement on the Providence. It just came up against the wrong opponent. Aside from Kira not many pilots have what it takes to overcome the Dragoon System. Its really no mystery on how SF beat Legend flawlessly. How do you think Kira thought Rey was Rau in the first place. Surely, not the newtype flash. Rey use similar tactics with his dragoons that Rau use. Legend was very aggressive in that fight with SF, putting it on the defensive many times. Where Rey's focus is to take down the SF instead of its dragoons, Kira was taken down Legends dragoons while dodging and countering enemy fire. There's no pilot in the C.E. universe better at this than Kira. Taking full advantage of SF superior maneuverability, it would only be a matter of time, before Kira would take down a significant number of Legends Dragoons then look to take down the main unit itself. As, for Kira's magic phrase, let's just say its an eye for an eye, Rey wasn't really quiet during the fight himself. He just lost focus and Kira got the better of him. If you think Freedom and SF rainbow is called beam spammage what in the world do you call what Legend and Providence is doing? Super Spammage?

I believed Legend could have been dominant. But instead it was not a main character Gundam or really a proper boss gundam. Even though Legend is a better suit than its predecessor the competition to be the stongest is really stiff at the top.
In a way, the mystery is how Rey avoided getting saviored in the battle in Orb while Athrun was keeping Shinn busy. I took Kira's victory in the final battle as a "I beat Rau in Providence with Freedom, so Rey in Legend holds no terror" kindof thing.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 14:01   Link #50
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Legend could have 54 pods with 612 beams, in the end it will still lose to Kira's "magic words"
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 17:58   Link #51
vanguardian1

Remember that all of Rau's abilities were on a much higher level than Rey's as well.

- piloting skills (that was apparent after the first few episodes with both
- tactical ability (c'mon, some of those plans that Rau did were tricky and complicated (also detestable), but planned and executed extremely well. what did rey plan? freedom's weakness of an avoid-killing preference, whopee)
- people skills - whether we enjoy or hate him, Rau was very good at manipulating other people to the path he wanted (not as good as Gilbert though), and Rey only tried to "work" on Shinn, almost ignoring everyone else's existance.
vanguardian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 19:51   Link #52
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardian1
Remember that all of Rau's abilities were on a much higher level than Rey's as well.

- piloting skills (that was apparent after the first few episodes with both
- tactical ability (c'mon, some of those plans that Rau did were tricky and complicated (also detestable), but planned and executed extremely well. what did rey plan? freedom's weakness of an avoid-killing preference, whopee)
- people skills - whether we enjoy or hate him, Rau was very good at manipulating other people to the path he wanted (not as good as Gilbert though), and Rey only tried to "work" on Shinn, almost ignoring everyone else's existance.
This is totally off topic because we're talking about the Gundam Legend, not about the pilotting skills..... -_____________-||

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Nah Providence doesnt need shields, Rau shielded himself with a barrier of 43 beams.
Yeah but if Rau piloted the Legend, wouldn't he be even better.....? O______O he wouldn't have'd been killed............
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 19:56   Link #53
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
And the shield it carries in the left hand .
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 20:26   Link #54
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

that's not a shield.... that's the thing that releases his bean sword?
Old 2006-06-14, 20:27   Link #55
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

that's a shield
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 20:31   Link #56
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1
that's a shield
well even if it is a shield it didn't protect him from much..... small thing...... o_O
Old 2006-06-14, 20:34   Link #57
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Yeah, its still a shield - but its not as big as Freedom or Justice's. However, it has two beam guns in it and a huge beam sword.

On a side note, Providence also has a pretty huge rifle. WHY? Is it meant to be stronger? More accurate? More ammo?
Old 2006-06-14, 20:36   Link #58
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Providence has two beam guns......? i don't think so..... -_____________-|||

and i don't think Providence's rifle is any better than the standard beam rifle.
Old 2006-06-14, 20:40   Link #59
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Quote:
Originally Posted by a03
Providence has two beam guns......? i don't think so..... -_____________-|||

and i don't think Providence's rifle is any better than the standard beam rifle.
Yeah, I believe it has two holes on either side of the beam sword and I saw Providence shoot green beams outta them, so i assumed they were guns.
Old 2006-06-14, 21:30   Link #60
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Providence have both, a beam rifle and the beam-firing shield on it's left hand.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote