AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-24, 10:23   Link #2801
dexli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Oh yeah, I had completely forgot the latest volume for this series haven't been summarized yet... (I was too busy finishing writing the ones for Mayo Chiki)

I'm still kinda burned out from doing Mayo Chiki, so if someone is willing to remind me in roughly a week I might just do a summary for this as well. It's always good to have interested fans for a LN series I like...
*cough*almost a week now*cough*
dexli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 12:14   Link #2802
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
@ollownerox you have peaked my interest , so who is it?
Tōyama Kagemoto, I'll just post the wikipidea definition since I'm lazy

Tōyama Kagemoto (遠山景元?) (September 27, 1793 – April 15, 1855) was a hatamoto and an official of the Tokugawa Shogunate during the Edo Period of Japanese history. His ancestry was of the Minamoto clan of Mino Province. His father, Kagemichi, was the magistrate of Nagasaki. Kagemoto held the posts of Finance Magistrate, North Magistrate, and subsequently the South Magistrate of Edo. (The magistrates of Edo acted as chiefs of the police and fire departments and as judges in criminal and civil matters.) As North Magistrate, his opposition to South Magistrate Torii Yōzō and Rōjū Mizuno Tadakuni won him popularity. In 1843, he was ousted from his position as North Magistrate through the machinations of Torii, and although nominally appointed Ōmetsuke, was out of power. Two years later, when Mizuno ousted Torii, Tōyama received an appointment as South Magistrate, a post once held by Ōoka Tadasuke.
Tōyama's rose to the Lower Junior Fifth rank with the name Tōyama Saemon no Jō.

In fiction

In kabuki and kōdan, he was celebrated under his childhood name of Kinshirō, or popularly, Tōyama no Kin-san. He was said to have left home as a young man, and lived among the commoners, even having a tattoo of flowering sakura trees on his shoulder. This story developed into a legend of helping the common people.
The novelist Tatsurō Jinde (陣出達郎) wrote a series of books about Kin-san. Noted actor Chiezō Kataoka starred in a series of eight Toei jidaigeki films about him. Several Japanese television networks have aired series based on the character. These variously portrayed him pretending to be a petty hood or a yojimbo while solving crimes as the chief of police.

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage
Hollownerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 19:33   Link #2803
sky black swordman

^ Hmm he does as you said "Fit the bill".
Old 2012-08-24, 20:42   Link #2804
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollownerox View Post
Tōyama Kagemoto, I'll just post the wikipidea definition since I'm lazy

Tōyama Kagemoto (遠山景元?) (September 27, 1793 – April 15, 1855) was a hatamoto and an official of the Tokugawa Shogunate during the Edo Period of Japanese history. His ancestry was of the Minamoto clan of Mino Province. His father, Kagemichi, was the magistrate of Nagasaki. Kagemoto held the posts of Finance Magistrate, North Magistrate, and subsequently the South Magistrate of Edo. (The magistrates of Edo acted as chiefs of the police and fire departments and as judges in criminal and civil matters.) As North Magistrate, his opposition to South Magistrate Torii Yōzō and Rōjū Mizuno Tadakuni won him popularity. In 1843, he was ousted from his position as North Magistrate through the machinations of Torii, and although nominally appointed Ōmetsuke, was out of power. Two years later, when Mizuno ousted Torii, Tōyama received an appointment as South Magistrate, a post once held by Ōoka Tadasuke.
Tōyama's rose to the Lower Junior Fifth rank with the name Tōyama Saemon no Jō.

In fiction

In kabuki and kōdan, he was celebrated under his childhood name of Kinshirō, or popularly, Tōyama no Kin-san. He was said to have left home as a young man, and lived among the commoners, even having a tattoo of flowering sakura trees on his shoulder. This story developed into a legend of helping the common people.
The novelist Tatsurō Jinde (陣出達郎) wrote a series of books about Kin-san. Noted actor Chiezō Kataoka starred in a series of eight Toei jidaigeki films about him. Several Japanese television networks have aired series based on the character. These variously portrayed him pretending to be a petty hood or a yojimbo while solving crimes as the chief of police.
I still am expecting a Tohyama heirloom for Kinji to use, much like a katana made of Irokane like Shirayuki's.
Old 2012-08-24, 22:30   Link #2805
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

i get the feeling that his red blade will be either a part of a very powerful weapon ...
or that he has been carrying some type irokane for the last 3 years .. ( by the way isn't 3 years the time limit for the activation ? )
Old 2012-08-24, 22:45   Link #2806
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix221186 View Post
i get the feeling that his red blade will be either a part of a very powerful weapon ...
or that he has been carrying some type irokane for the last 3 years .. ( by the way isn't 3 years the time limit for the activation ? )
that and its a key or seal to something that was never meant to be released.

that aside, I wonder if Kinichi has an irokane based weapon, seeing as he gave the balisong/butterfly knife to kinji.
Old 2012-08-24, 23:51   Link #2807
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexli View Post
*cough*almost a week now*cough*
\Well, seeing as people are making summaries themselves I'm thinking they can continue on as they've been doing?
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 01:23   Link #2808
nhormight

Until now what is Relationship between Kinji and Aria ?

I'm thougt Kinji has fall in love with Aria but he just a Fool - -*

most time to see He's Jealous Aria
nhormight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 13:22   Link #2809
Nihgthawk

Good news everybody Vol 13 went on sell the 23rd. Now go, go and find info because i cannot read a lick of Japanese.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 14:54   Link #2810
Dr_Crowbar

Youtube video with volume 13 pics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Iz_aSUQuGs
Dr_Crowbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 20:49   Link #2811
sky black swordman

^Thank bro.
Volume 13 at 3:57.
At 4:02 thats Reki right? She looks upset.
4:04 Someone is leaving.
4:06 A new girl.
4:08 Looks like Sun Wukong cheast is bigger then Aria's.
Old 2012-08-25, 21:46   Link #2812
tsunade666

Vol 13..... the hell is that Sun Wukong? she looks like Konata of lucky star at one point. I thought I'm seeing Konata there for one moment.
Old 2012-08-25, 22:13   Link #2813
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Vol 13..... the hell is that Sun Wukong? she looks like Konata of lucky star at one point. I thought I'm seeing Konata there for one moment.
inb4 someone draws this sun wukong and konata getting along.

hell, aria and shana crossovers made me lol
Old 2012-08-27, 02:47   Link #2814
azziz

i wish someone could finish vol.12 summary before vol.13 come.
i know it's a lot of work but one should finish what he has begun.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 04:09   Link #2815
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
i wish someone could finish vol.12 summary before vol.13 come.
i know it's a lot of work but one should finish what he has begun.
Well, it's up to him whether he would finish it or not.

Although in my honest opinion, just very brief summary shouldn't be much of a pain to do. It's not like all summary needed to be as detailed as Flare's and Kira's. We just want to be spoiled and know about what happens.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 06:58   Link #2816
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Have the chinese translation on wenku been taken down?
Old 2012-08-31, 03:33   Link #2817
Flere821
Lurker

After lurking a bit in the Chinese forums, it appears various Chinese LN sites have been hit with a 'cease and desist' notice by the HnA publishers >.< Right now I'm living off some kind-hearted soul who's posting Vol13 translations piecemeal, as the Chinese equivalent of BakaTsuki's not doing HnA anymore

Thus far though, things are looking great. Kinji manned up, and his 'harem' has fallen even further for him because of that (though they all thought he must have ate something weird to have changed this much )
Old 2012-08-31, 16:22   Link #2818
Richocet
Lover of Purity

^These are things which make the day for ppl like me
Old 2012-08-31, 16:25   Link #2819
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
After lurking a bit in the Chinese forums, it appears various Chinese LN sites have been hit with a 'cease and desist' notice by the HnA publishers >.< Right now I'm living off some kind-hearted soul who's posting Vol13 translations piecemeal, as the Chinese equivalent of BakaTsuki's not doing HnA anymore

Thus far though, things are looking great. Kinji manned up, and his 'harem' has fallen even further for him because of that (though they all thought he must have ate something weird to have changed this much )
Will this kind of stuff hit the english translations eventually? Sigh, there goes my HnA Chinese "textbooks"
Old 2012-08-31, 22:18   Link #2820
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
Will this kind of stuff hit the english translations eventually? Sigh, there goes my HnA Chinese "textbooks"
Quite a few series at Bakatsuki have been taken down before, off the top of my head I can think of 'Suzumiya Haruhi' and 'Wolf and Spice'. It's just a matter of what's been hit or not.

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen