AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2014-07-29, 15:14   Link #4401
GDB

Been trying to find one in English that has some sort of interactive gameplay like Sengoku Rance (not necessarily the same gameplay, but just gameplay in general). Unless it's absolutely fantastic, I'm just not feeling up for a normal choice and boink visual novel, so looking for one with a lot of gameplay.

Any suggestions? I'm heard good things about Kamidori Alchemy Master (or whatever it's called), but I don't think that's in English yet.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 16:56   Link #4402
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Gameplay based VN's (especially english translated ones) isn't my forte, since i don't like putting too much time in it but Kamidori was a pretty good one

There is also the classic Aselia the Eternal, which had an English release or Yumina the Ethereal, which i also had fun playing because the first half was fairly silly and the 2nd half had a different feel

Eiyuu Senki is getting an English ps3 port soon, not sure if that fits your criteria

Too bad that most eushelly games (well aside from Kamidori) aren't translated in English since some of them that i have read were fairly good. (like the ikusa megami series)

Last edited by hyl; 2014-07-29 at 17:11.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 17:58   Link #4403
TaintedDream
Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Been trying to find one in English that has some sort of interactive gameplay like Sengoku Rance (not necessarily the same gameplay, but just gameplay in general). Unless it's absolutely fantastic, I'm just not feeling up for a normal choice and boink visual novel, so looking for one with a lot of gameplay.

Any suggestions? I'm heard good things about Kamidori Alchemy Master (or whatever it's called), but I don't think that's in English yet.
Kamidori is actually 100% in English. It's sort of "prequel" Himegari is the one that's not translated.
TaintedDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 01:05   Link #4404
Aer0gam3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newprimus View Post
Trial for Yakimochi Stream went up.

(2 minutes in)

CRAZY BROCON IMOUTO INBOUND!!!
I'm eyeing that one, but man are those boobs big... >____>
Old 2014-07-30, 07:43   Link #4405
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

That imouto is definitely crazy.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Love it!
Old 2014-07-30, 12:59   Link #4406
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

*cough* I started playing tone works's newest title and I love what I've seen so far. The MC is much better than Yuma from Hatsukoi 1/1 (no big deal, I guess ) and the one route completed had N O drama and a decently long epilogue/after story. To top it off: It was the childhood friend route !

A random rant? Dear VN makers, please get rid off the overprotective "U-not-get-mah-litt'-garl" father tropes. Same for the stuborn Ojou-sama fathers. I'll build personally the boat to send them off! Marika's father was more of a tsun in that regard towards Ryousuke, so that was handled well enough. A normal father who accepts the MC and his daughter's decision, for example after seeing the MCs good points, with a warm clap/pat on the shoulder would be nice to see *nods*.
Old 2014-07-30, 21:24   Link #4407
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

For those completely illiterate in moon language, she's saying, "FUCKING-FUCKING-FUCKING-FUCKING-FUCKING-FUCKING-FUCKING-" etc.
Old 2014-08-04, 18:55   Link #4408
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I just completed Favorite's Astralair no Shiroki Towa.
The good points: The OST, the main heroines, Riku disovering the meaning of family and friends, the slice and life aspect. The kindergarden trio in a non-lolicon way .

The bad points: The routes felt dragged out, the mystery element while being connected to each route as a common factor gave me a headache in the "true route", the "true route" felt overall somehow not as good as the other individual routes.

Overall: As a jp. blogger stated, it might have been lovelier as a charage title instead of the mystery focus and the SoL aspect as side genre. I honestly started skipping after a guts-based half way into the true route. In retrospec a possible mistake as the final, final resolution left me with a few question marks, yet no energy to replay the route .
A few routes started only to really get rolling or the romance aspect of it after roughly 3/4 way in.

Favourite route ranking: Otoba > Ichika=Rinne > Kotori = Korona >= True route.
The true route was not bad, but simply strange at points.
Korona's had a lovely beginning that consisted of basically the same daily life in-game, but was done in a "cute" way, yet the ending of her route or the end-drama was a big "WTF" moment and somehow unneeded IMHO.
Old 2014-08-14, 15:20   Link #4409
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Hm. A Fureraba fandisk is being released tomorrow. I liked the original game. I hope someone picks it up and shares their impressions on it
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 13:02   Link #4410
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I'm just replaying Fureraba to have it fresh in memory for the mini fandisk . I still had the other routes asides of Rina's to complete and just finished Yuzuyu's. While I like the VN dearly, it's still a shame that the conversation "mode" has no influence once you've locked-on on one girl's route, like when the girl tells something about herself and Kyousuke is "Really? I didn't know" and I thought "You learnt it in one of the conversation topics!" *lol* Maybe it's generally hard or impossible to implement it from a programming PoV due to the many possibilities.
----
Other than that I completet Hoshiori and Märtopia.
For Märtopia, read (mod edit: link removed) if you are interested or if you like. It's really one of the "wasted potentials."
Edit: The above-mentioned impression. Sorry for that oversight!
Spoiler for Märtopia, Spoilers for Lenght:

As for Hoshiori: Definitely my favorite VN of that month's releases. The slife-of-life, romance, and after story were absolutely lovely. And the MC is more awesome than Yuma from Hatsukoi 1/1. Sure, some routes or their progression were not perfect, but the overall package was well worth it . Rika's route is my personal favorite.

Guess it really shows that I'm fully at home in the drama free romance settings.

Last edited by Mahou; 2014-08-18 at 11:24. Reason: Sorry, can't link to sites that host illegal downloads
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 22:15   Link #4411
rladls2121

Have anyone played Root Double Before Crimes After Days?
I'm really curious about bad endings.
If possible, can someone type down the summaries of all bad endings, detailed if you can?
Thank you.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 22:24   Link #4412
Cyprene

If they do, can they put it in a spoiler comment, since I'm playing the PS3 version?
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-21, 23:45   Link #4413
Mystic_Vegetto

I was looking through images the other day and I saw some pics from Magical Marriage Lunatics. I played the game a long time ago but I remembered I still had some questions about what happened during certain routes. So maybe someone who played it and still remembers it can explain some things for me.

Spoiler:

So yeah, hopefully someone can fill me in. Thanks to anyone who replies.
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 03:14   Link #4414
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Hm. A Fureraba fandisk is being released tomorrow. I liked the original game. I hope someone picks it up and shares their impressions on it
I have only played Rina's part, but it's indeed a *mini* fandisc. Her mini-route took only about 30 - 45 minutes to complete with CTRL-skipping the ero-scene .
Spoiler for Rina:

And I completed the old title Men at Work 4. I'll only complain about one route:
Spoiler for Red-haired girl:
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 04:44   Link #4415
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
I have only played Rina's part, but it's indeed a *mini* fandisc. Her mini-route took only about 30 - 45 minutes to complete with CTRL-skipping the ero-scene .
Spoiler for Rina:
I skimmed through the CG pack for this.

Spoiler for FD:
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 14:59   Link #4416
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Ok, I'm playing the trial for that upcoming apricot fantasy world nukige, and the protagonist just got first place on an online game.

But look at the scoreboard.

Images

Hardest I've laughed in the past week.
Old 2014-09-21, 18:46   Link #4417
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Ok, I'm playing the trial for that upcoming apricot fantasy world nukige, and the protagonist just got first place on an online game.

Images

LOLOLOLOL

Now all we need is something similar for Mahouka's protag
Old 2014-09-21, 22:11   Link #4418
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:

Images

Hardest I've also laughed in the past week.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 05:34   Link #4419
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
LOLOLOLOL

Now all we need is something similar for Mahouka's protag
Isn't he supposed to be "Older Brother"? ("Onii-sama~")
Old 2014-09-22, 07:52   Link #4420
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Isn't he supposed to be "Older Brother"? ("Onii-sama~")
Lol but the class seems wrong though...should be same as Kirito's

Although "weed" is admittedly apt

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel