AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-03-02, 14:23   Link #10721
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
How do you know the total amount of pages? What the special occasion?
Spoiler:
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 12:19   Link #10722
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiftis View Post
Laxus defeating Jura? Don't like that. It's almost as if the "saint" title isn't that grand as it sounds.
Nothing is as grand as it sounds in this manga lately, especially when FT gets involved -_-

As expected Laxus won. Seeing score board there is simply no doubt that FT will win all matches because they are behind by 5 points and there are 5 enemies altogether
Well they have over taken now bu nothing stops them from putting big show. after all no one expected (aka manga charas) that "weak" FT will dominate the arena -_-

Did not expect second origin thing but it was not a pleasant unexpected. I won't even bother to comment on how fast Erza moves with damaged foot.
But really? Gildarts should be kissing Erza's feet now, because she clearly is superior than everyone else in this manga. Heck, she could easily replace Makarov as Master at this point of time -_-

I hate dragged out fight but 1 chapter per fight is too short. Makes everyone except FT look like crap lately.

Next chapter or whenever, tired and messed up Gray/Juvia will own pretty fresh looking Lyon/Shelly... Geeeee

Just get these fights over and move the plot finally, at least there is something fresh, new and different from usual crap.

The only other possibility I see, dragons coming before the final match is over but I doubt this scenery.
Old 2013-03-03, 13:57   Link #10723
Eragon
Still Alive

IMO, Mashima wrote himself into a corner in this tournament. If he hadn't shown Fair Tail losing every early match then he wouldn't have had to show them own every match now.

I would be raging at this chapter if this was any other manga and any other character(Naruto for eg. ). But, this being Fairy Tail and the character being Erza, I honestly don't care if her fights are cliched or if she owns every other opponent Very rarely do I get to see my favorite character being the center of attention of the author so I'm going to just sit back and enjoy it.

Laxus winning against Jura is questionable but, meh. Jura probably let him win
Old 2013-03-03, 15:15   Link #10724
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
As expected Laxus won. Seeing score board there is simply no doubt that FT will win all matches because they are behind by 5 points and there are 5 enemies altogether
Which goes to show how little attention to detail you've been paying. As of the end of chapter 321, the scoreboard reads:

FT: 56 points, 1 leader(5 points) and 4 members(1 point each) left
ST: 55 points, 1 leader(5 points) and 1 member (1 point) left
LS: 50 points, 2 members(1 point each) left

So there are two points left in Lamia Scale, six points left in Sabertooth, and 9 points left in Fairy Tail. Fairy Tail's in first place with four enemies left, and in the same paragraph you're saying that Jura lost, you're counting him as still being up and about, while forgetting that leaders are worth five points.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 16:59   Link #10725
kitten320

You didn't read a line after, did you? In order for this tournament to be unexpected, FT has to dominate the arena otherwise it won't have the shock factor unless Sting is suddenly a God and dominates everyone. Though it won't be a shock factor story wise since Sabertooth is the best guild.

FT was the worst guild over 7 years and had bad start at the tournament. They have to win every match to have an impact. And what could be a stronger impact than see beat up FT suddenly winning.

Besides there are no opponents left. Godly Erza will murder Minerva (did deserve it though), Gray and Juvia will dominate Lyon and Shelly as was just hinted so it only leaves Sting for a debate but I say that he loses or match gets interrupted.

He can take few worn out members down but score wise he'll be lower or on par before match is interrupted.

Conclusion: FT doesn't lose a single proper match.
Old 2013-03-03, 17:10   Link #10726
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

The fact that Laxus never went full power (Dragon Force) against the so called demi-god Jura and Natsu never going LFDM, I'm assuming their full-powered dragon forms are being saved for something special. I still think Sting is team leader tho, given how shrewd Minerva is about picking the matches and leaving Sting out. I wanna see Sting sneak up on a tired Laxus just to get a Dragon Force showdown!

I don't think there will be a proper ending to the DaiMatouEnbu with FT declared the winner despite clearly dominating each and every guild. Finally, I can't believe we had to wait so long for Juvia+Gray's Unison Raid. oops... I might have jinxed it. >.<
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 17:46   Link #10727
Casshern

I don't see the problem with Laxus winning. Just 2 arcs ago people expected him to beat Hades, who had completely wiped the floor with Makarov, but now everyone is disappointed that he beat Jura, who was nothing special in the Nirvana arc.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 17:57   Link #10728
kitten320

Jura was string in Nirvana arc and 7 years have passed where Jura trained and raised to be among top mages while Laxus stayed on place and didn't have second origin open. To make it worse, Laxus won without even using any special techniques like if Jura was no one.

And if we consider that Laxus did lose to Hades, there are even less reasons for him to win now.
Old 2013-03-03, 19:33   Link #10729
MechR

Quote:
To make it worse, Laxus won without even using any special techniques like if Jura was no one.
He used one of his DS secret techniques. To those complaining it's just a punch, the name "Roaring Thunder" suggests there's an extra shockwave involved. Depends how you interpret the speedlines and exploding sleeve in the art.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 20:01   Link #10730
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

I was fine by laxus winning it was just the way it was handled. Jura and laxus threw like 2 punches each and 1 special technique each. (earth pylons for jura, halbred for laxus) and then the fight ended with laxus secret art.

The fight just had so much potential and was wasted by rushing it in a few panels.
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 10:25   Link #10731
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
I was fine by laxus winning it was just the way it was handled. Jura and laxus threw like 2 punches each and 1 special technique each. (earth pylons for jura, halbred for laxus) and then the fight ended with laxus secret art.

The fight just had so much potential and was wasted by rushing it in a few panels.
Same goes for the Erza vs. Kagura fight, but I guess that's just Mashima's style. FT's fights were always fast-paced anyway, although sometimes it just compromises the story.

I actually liked this week's chapter, although Laxus' secret technique didn't give me that "wow factor". Also, Erza activating her Second Origin by will was unexpected. Now that gave me the "wow factor"
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 12:48   Link #10732
seiftis
~defying fate

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a 3rd origin, 4th origin, etc later on in FT... only it will be named differently >_>
Old 2013-03-04, 13:01   Link #10733
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Erza should have just screemed "RELEASE PLOT ARMOR!!"
Old 2013-03-04, 15:27   Link #10734
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Speaking of plot armor, whatever happened to the Fairy Armor? It was supposed to be her most powerful armor, but she only ever used it once as far as I can remember.
Old 2013-03-04, 16:24   Link #10735
Krono

Quote:
You didn't read a line after, did you?
I did. It's irrelevant to my point that you're complaining about things, and making predictions, that are factually wrong. Counting 5 enemies worth 5 points left when there are four enemies worth 8 points. Putting Fairy Tail behind when they just pulled ahead. Saying Laxus defeated Jura with an ordinary punch when Laxus a dragon slayer secret technique however unimpressive Mashima made it look. In other words, you're complaining about things, without actually paying attention to what's going on.

Quote:
In order for this tournament to be unexpected, FT has to dominate the arena otherwise it won't have the shock factor unless Sting is suddenly a God and dominates everyone. Though it won't be a shock factor story wise since Sabertooth is the best guild.
That's far from the only scenario that could be consider "shocking" or "unbelievable". Fairy Tail win it with less than full members left. Fairy Tail could win with all member standing. Sting could sweep Fairy Tail. Sting could be on the verge of winning, then forfeit when he sees Lector is safe giving Fairy Tail the win or a tie. Sting could take out Leon, or Chelia then all but one 1pt person from Fairy Tail resulting in him winning the tournament even though he himself was defeated. Bottom line is that even with the field as narrowed as it is, there's still room for a variety of "surprising" outcomes.

Quote:
It's amazing how much rage has been produced by Erza simply revealing she has not been using the power up everyone else got.

It's not all that surprising a reveal. "Did Erza get a boost from Second Origin, and if so why does she seem to be the only person that did not get a major boost in power prior to the tournament?" is a question people have been asking, and has seen people arguing that she did not get a power up. All she did in chapter 321 was give the question an answer of "she did get a power up, she just hasn't been using it."

So basically this chapter just gives her the same power increase that Natsu, Gray, Lucy, Wendy, Juvia, Laxus, Gajeel, Mirajane, Elfman, and Cana have been enjoying all arc. Yes this simple thing has some people enraged.

Part of it seems to be Kagura fans. They were unhappy that Erza defeated her, now they're even more unhappy that Kagura's vaunted strength has turned out to be merely on a par with pre-power up Erza's strength(made all the more bitter for the ones that were basically placing her on Jura's level). Some of it seems to be Erza haters. Some of them just on general principle as it means Erza getting a power up and winning. Others likely because they refused to accept how powerful Erza was before the time skip, and this just ground their nose in how strong she already was.

So anyways, if you're calling it plot armor, you probably haven't been paying attention to the fact that she's the only one that hasn't been shown to be stronger, or to remarked as having an increase in strength, over the course of the tournament. And forgotten that she did not respond the same way as the others to Ultear unlocking Second Origin. Basically this has been set up for a while.
Old 2013-03-04, 16:39   Link #10736
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I'm sorry but "second origin" is "plot armor".
Old 2013-03-04, 16:49   Link #10737
Krono

Quote:
I'm sorry but "second origin" is "plot armor".
It's a power up. If it's plot armor, then any and all power increases through training or power up are plot armor.
Old 2013-03-04, 16:53   Link #10738
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

What training.................
Old 2013-03-04, 17:01   Link #10739
Krono

Quote:
What training.................
The training that Laxus, Gajeel, Mirajane, Elfman, and Cana went through for starters. Any training in any series ever for a more general example. Any time a character goes "I'm going to take some time and increase my power." is plot armor under your definition.
Old 2013-03-04, 17:34   Link #10740
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

As far as I'm concerned Laxus earned his win, Gajeel earned his win (did Elfman and Cana actuaully do anything? well anyway), Erza and the whole bunch of them spend a whoping 1 minute training, if you can call groaning on your hands and knees "training." Erza in particular didn't even go though that.

If that's all you need to justify power ups of this magnitude then I guess we can just call "training" every time a character is down in the mud. "Oh he's not actually crippled and under 5 tons of rubble, it's training!"

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen