Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-10-16, 08:44   Link #6381
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I have a question.

Is there any other ways to wake yourself up, other than the standard way of setting alarm with your mobile?

I means i never was a morning person, but it get worse this year. I actually wake up, turn off the alarm and go back to sleep without realising it. The only reason that i remembered that i turned it off (rather than something wrong with my phone), was because i vividly remembered how my brain was going through "what the heck is that lousy square thing, tap into the corner to shut it up" before getting back to sleep each time. I always set 4 alarms with intervals of 5-15 mins, but always turned all 4 of them off every morning

I tried to place it further from my reach, but didn't work too well. Should i hide my phone somewhere that i simply can't find if i'm not awake?
Ha, I assume you don't mean by buying some sort of expensive alarm-clock-watch/wristband? If it's as bad as you know, there's wake-up call services that are offered where people will call you to wake you up and won't stop till you get up.. Or maybe you could just drink a ridiculous amount of water before you go to bed so you'll have to get up!
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 10:23   Link #6382
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Or just buy more than one alarm clock, and place them at strategic locations throughout the room, so that you have to get up to switch them all off, and by the time you've done that, the incentive to get back into bed may (hopefully) be gone.
Old 2012-10-16, 10:31   Link #6383
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Or just buy more than one alarm clock, and place them at strategic locations throughout the room, so that you have to get up to switch them all off, and by the time you've done that, the incentive to get back into bed may (hopefully) be gone.
Well, i probably will prefer to not spending any money, but that actually a pretty smart suggestion. Can't do it everyday, but probably can borrow all my family cell phones and do that before important occasion.

Ideally will be having a box(which is not sound-proof), and you have to solve a simple puzzle to open it, i guess.
Old 2012-10-16, 12:03   Link #6384
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I've found actually just changing the location with a singe one can work quite effectively rather than a need for multiple.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 12:42   Link #6385
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
No Offence to our doctors here but:

Why are some doctors's handwriting are near impossible to read... That's one problem we nurses have to face during "rounds"?
I've always thought that it was to make it impossible to forge a prescription.

Endless "Illegible" Soul
Old 2012-10-17, 15:27   Link #6386
ViolentLove

Quote:
I have a question.

Is there any other ways to wake yourself up, other than the standard way of setting alarm with your mobile?

I means i never was a morning person, but it get worse this year. I actually wake up, turn off the alarm and go back to sleep without realising it. The only reason that i remembered that i turned it off (rather than something wrong with my phone), was because i vividly remembered how my brain was going through "what the heck is that lousy square thing, tap into the corner to shut it up" before getting back to sleep each time. I always set 4 alarms with intervals of 5-15 mins, but always turned all 4 of them off every morning

I tried to place it further from my reach, but didn't work too well. Should i hide my phone somewhere that i simply can't find if i'm not awake?
lol bolded part

Go to bed earlier.
ViolentLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 16:35   Link #6387
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
I have a question.

In college, I actually had 3 alarm clocks. Each one was set farther away from the bed in a line to the door and triggered to go off at 10 minutes later than the last. One day my dorm mate found me curled up at the door with the last one.

Your mileage may vary.

These days I keep 3 alarms set in my cellphone at 10 minutes apart - the ringtones start with "new age" and move to "metal".
Old 2012-10-17, 18:17   Link #6388
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
In college, I actually had 3 alarm clocks. Each one was set farther away from the bed in a line to the door and triggered to go off at 10 minutes later than the last. One day my dorm mate found me curled up at the door with the last one.

Your mileage may vary.

These days I keep 3 alarms set in my cellphone at 10 minutes apart - the ringtones start with "new age" and move to "metal".
I always thought your wife is your 4th alarm clock. With the ringtone "死". (pun unintended)

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 18:24   Link #6389
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
I have a question.

How about letting lot of lights get into your room? For me this seems to work to some degrees. After moving I got a room that got lot of light in the morning so I would rather wake up early, then I went back to school and had hard time waking up as the room was dark.
Old 2012-10-17, 18:59   Link #6390
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I always thought your wife is your 4th alarm clock. With the ringtone "死". (pun unintended)
Heh, actually I wake her up (which is a switch from our early years). She has to get up at 4:30am.
Old 2012-10-17, 19:24   Link #6391
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Hook up a old cellphone to some loud speakers via 3.5mm jacks in the bathroom and set the alarm to desired time. It never failed me yet. Plus you can listen to music/radio when you're in there doing whatever. xD
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 03:08   Link #6392
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
How about letting lot of lights get into your room? For me this seems to work to some degrees. After moving I got a room that got lot of light in the morning so I would rather wake up early, then I went back to school and had hard time waking up as the room was dark.
Yeah agree that some light will keep most people awake easier, but i already opened all my curtains before i go to sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Heh, actually I wake her up (which is a switch from our early years). She has to get up at 4:30am.
I have just tried to put my cell phones somewhere high (so have to fully stand up to reach it). Actually worked slightly better now.

If i have to guess, your wife is store manager for a restaurant? Got a friend working in one a while back, and that is her holy time every morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenMessage View Post
Hook up a old cellphone to some loud speakers via 3.5mm jacks in the bathroom and set the alarm to desired time. It never failed me yet. Plus you can listen to music/radio when you're in there doing whatever. xD
Can't do so, my room is not sound-proof, gonna wake the whole house up like that X(

New question:

Use end dot in the end of a all paragraphs (especially the final paragraph of a section), and of all bullet points, Yes or No? Is it important for formal report?
Old 2012-10-19, 03:13   Link #6393
Sumeragi
Banned

One answer: Sleep earlier.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 03:28   Link #6394
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
This might sound crazy. You could used an adaptor so you could attach your phone to an amplifier then to a speaker.... then presto... even your neighbors will try to wake you up to turn off the speaker when it alarms..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 03:37   Link #6395
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
One answer: Sleep earlier.
It's impossible. It's already the law of universe for everything (that concerns you) to happen 5 minutes before your expected sleeping time. You simply can't escape it.....

Quote:
This might sound crazy. You could used an adaptor so you could attach your phone to an amplifier then to a speaker.... then presto... even your neighbors will try to wake you up to turn off the speaker when it alarms..
That's too hardcore

I think my housemates will kill me before i can turn the alarm off
Old 2012-10-19, 03:39   Link #6396
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
That's too hardcore

I think my housemates will kill me before i can turn the alarm off
At least you're aware that you need to wake up earlier before "doomsday clock" alarms...
Old 2012-10-19, 03:44   Link #6397
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Well, you could always think big, and do this.

Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 03:52   Link #6398
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
At least you're aware that you need to wake up earlier before "doomsday clock" alarms...
I... definitely don't want to risk my life on doing what i hate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Well, you could always think big, and do this.

While i definitely want one of that, it's probably too "big" to make. Hilarious nonetheless, probably can even wake up hibernate bears
Old 2012-10-19, 04:10   Link #6399
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
It's impossible. It's already the law of universe for everything (that concerns you) to happen 5 minutes before your expected sleeping time. You simply can't escape it.....
Another suggestion : sleep anywhere.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 04:13   Link #6400
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Another suggestion : sleep anywhere.
I manage to sleep on top of the OR table...

Tags
problem, q&a, serious