AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Oppai (Big Bust) or DFC (Delicious Flat Chest)
Oppai (Big Bust) 39 25.32%
Delicious Flat Chest (Petite) 49 31.82%
Both 23 14.94%
Neither 8 5.19%
Inbetween 61 39.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-10, 12:03   Link #141
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Okay, this is a bit silly, .... reference citation please for your "average = 36C" ..... You've just cited extremely non-average examples, even for America - and at least one of them (Carmen) has had augmentation.

Quick google of stats says "34B"And once again, the OP poll was about anime characters.

Ah good, I thought I wasn't living on Earth for a second

Yeah but how do you define anime characters bust as opposed to real girls? I mean, we tend to pick the girls we like in both worlds with pretty much the same criteria
Old 2008-10-10, 12:24   Link #142
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

In anime, its really going to be about the artistry in making them seem "real" (the whole body, not just the first measurement). The stats posted on official websites are often pretty meaningless in absolutes when you actually look at the characters as they are drawn (more of a relative reference).

Japanese anime girls seem to mostly live in the 4'9 - 5'5 height range and have commiserate 3-sizes (though it depends on the source material -- eroge sources tend to be optimistic at times, and stories involving international casts or unusual settings are all over the place).
Old 2008-10-10, 12:29   Link #143
animeboy12

time magazine

http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...0.html?cnn=yes
"the average size of the American breast has grown from 34B to 36C , according to manufacturers".

even in England
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...6C-decade.html
In less than ten years the average bra size has grown from a 34B to 36C.
animeboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 12:33   Link #144
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
I think if you want to go for a girl for breast size between flat and average, I think Yuki from SHnY would suffice.

Last edited by Nukerjsr; 2008-10-10 at 13:53.
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 12:34   Link #145
animeboy12

want does SHoY mean?
Old 2008-10-10, 12:34   Link #146
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, I haven't been to Japan, I do get that feel from the slice-of-life series I've watched. That in general Japanese girls tend to occupy the smaller sizes and gravure idols with huge busts are in the rare category apparently.

I don't know, most busts seem pretty real to me in anime, although terribly idealized, they don't sag, they bounce healthily on every occasion, so they're not plastic, they are always soft and squeezable. I mean, you know, it eventually becomes another case of anime vs real girls. And I remember a topic like that getting locked :rollingeyes:

Anyway, anime or not, I still prefer the bigger busts (yes, even F,G, or H, as long as the shape and all the other stuff don't really kill them) , without actually excluding liking girls even like Louise more than their bigger bust opponents, that depends on the girl though. In anime sometimes I like loli girls more than the rest. In the end it's not really the bust size that matters when I choose my favorite anime girl in the series, but yeah, for me a big bust would be an extra bonus.

Edit: SHnY, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu - The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi.
Old 2008-10-10, 12:37   Link #147
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

(sigh) animeboy12, ever been shopping with a girl? I referenced actual measurements from a science journal, not a Time Magazine article reporting manufacturing claims.

Clothing manufacturers have been upsizing clothing, lingerie, and shoes for the last two decades so that women can pretend they're somewhere on the scale they're not.

My wife has moved from a size 4 to a size 0 in 30 years.... but she weighs exactly the same and has exactly the same measurements she's had since college.
She's moved from a size 5 shoe to a size 3. Her feet have the same dimensions.
Guess what is the only number that has gone up? Her "bra size" .....

Manufacturer sizes have not stayed constant nor do they reflect the reality of the tape measure.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar..._is_the_new_8/
http://www.justsaywhen.com/Vintage-101-Sizing.htm
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/lifesty...ent_637706.htm

Also, as Npal indirectly notes - Japanese manufacture bra sizes are not the same as American bra sizes. For them, a "C" is our "B" and they have a wider range.
Old 2008-10-10, 13:50   Link #148
animeboy12

@Vexx, once with my ex-girlfriend and remember well because that was the day I fell asleep standing for the first time in my life

anyway I guess you're right. I thought time magizine would be a reliable source but since there getting info from the manufactures and not from the people themselves it does leave questions to the reliability.

@npal
yea, least for me, It's very hard for me to find anything in anime that's could be classified as unrealistc or fake.It fact I've only heard of plastic surgey referenced 3 anime series out of the hundreds I've watched.

I agree bust size shouldn't really affect enjoy of effect the enjoy of the character. However, I do feel that with flat-chest characters are kinda samey to me.
Old 2008-10-10, 17:02   Link #149
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

No one's arguing about taste, everyone should be allowed their preferences and that its a Good Thing that there are characters (and real people) who fit those preferences.

People like buxom anime characters? Great, plenty of choices.
'normal' girls? Great, plenty of choices.
petite elfin characters? Great, plenty of choices

In between those? Tall, willowy, short, stacked, vice versa...... there's usually an example in every other harem series or so.

If I look over my list of "favorite femme characters" -- there's actually a considerable distribution of heights/3sizes and such...
Old 2008-10-11, 00:10   Link #150
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88

Lemme just throw out that

Small breasts =/= Lolita complex

Quit making generalizations, dammit!
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 01:04   Link #151
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post

Lemme just throw out that

Small breasts =/= Lolita complex

Quit making generalizations, dammit!
I agree with you on that one. I got one example on mind ( light novel related, not anime): flat but still feminine , and as a 3th yeat high school student she is too old for being a Loli .
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 02:34   Link #152
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

the "loli","lolita","lolicon" terms have been made almost useless by idiots who don't know where to apply it, what it means, but they know if they sling it as a derogatory at any show that features petite or waifish character design, they increase their e-pene in their own minds.

So it goes :P

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-11-16 at 14:50.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 10:27   Link #153
arkxkra
全力全開

for me is from flat (or small) to medium. I mean balance, must look ok with the body shape.
Old 2008-12-14, 23:33   Link #154
animeboy12

zombie topic

I was able to find a good chart about anime breast sizes
http://www.yuribou.net/blog/?p=276
Old 2008-12-15, 01:32   Link #155
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

The kemonomimi fan in me is tempted to parody this by starting something about ear or tail sizes, with the largest of the latter being classified as a "body pillow".

I tend to like mid-sized myself. DFC is a bit of a turn off for me and Kanokon/Sekerei type designs are definitely a turn off. If it falls between the two, I'm good. A lot of an anime girl's hotness will come from how she expresses herself anyway.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote