AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-02, 17:18   Link #141
Black Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
If you go to the pink question-mark box you get access to other people's myshop. On that you can find items and parts put up for sale by other people.
But yeah you can only new get parts from AC scratch, iirc, but people put it up for sale, because they are either no using a cast or they already got those parts.

BTW I was told Sega had to split the servers because of the gatcha system. Not sure if that is true, but could be possible, considering there is a premium tax on gambling in most western countries and you are allowed to encourage children to gamble.
America I know is really picky about any kind of gambling, so it wouldn't surprise me if they had to change a few things about the Gatcha system for the NA release. Though SDGO has the same system from the Asian versions, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

I heard I need some kind of remodeling coupon to change my parts? Or is that just to change the body color?
Old 2012-08-02, 20:38   Link #142
KBTKaiser

See, PSO2 closed beta had "complete this checklist, get an off-the-list prize[it would still be displayed upfront]" deal, which was made illegal with the law change in Japan(no completion gacha now).
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 02:37   Link #143
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lion View Post
I heard I need some kind of remodeling coupon to change my parts? Or is that just to change the body color?
You need the ticket for the rappy costume, which you then have to trade in for the re-colouring ticket. Thing is it allows you only to change your colour once if I understand correctly. So depending on your level you might as well redo you character.

5 days to next update, with new maps, Floating Islands.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 05:40   Link #144
KBTKaiser

changing body parts is as simple as swapping defense units for CASTs.

changing color requires some cash investment. :/
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 07:16   Link #145
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Can't log in even tho the password is 100% correct. I did just change the password tho so ... =\ /shrug
Old 2012-08-03, 07:31   Link #146
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
You need the ticket for the rappy costume, which you then have to trade in for the re-colouring ticket. Thing is it allows you only to change your colour once if I understand correctly. So depending on your level you might as well redo you character.
Just some additional info so people wouldn't be screwed:

The color change pass is similar to a esthe pass, which means it only grant the color change once (it unlock the color change slider for only one use).
I still don't get why this isn't included in the original esthe pass, or an additional 200 AC ticket, instead of such a hazardous method to grab it (in term of either AC or Meseta, this pass is one of the most expensive one, and that's for a very limited use).

I also have a question for those who tried it: What does the mag reset ticket exactly do? Put your mag to lvl0, or remove all of its stats and you can just allocate them manually without going through again the long feeding process?
I always thought its extra 200AC compared to simply buying a new mag has some sort of meaning, although skill tree +1/reset thing prove me wrong...

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-08-03 at 07:42.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 11:48   Link #147
Seihai
スマイリウム

So Ship 02 finally had the Emergency Quest... an hour ago and of course I was watching the Olympics at that time which means I didn't participate. Too bad, I would have liked those 32k EXP for two quests. Maybe next time. From what I hear the twin boss is quite the annoyance indeed but Panthers and Mizer have always been a hell of a chase (or wait, in this case) for hunters I think. I'm fine with it, I actually like a prolonged battle. Reminds me of that one time where Malmoth and Ragne spawned and then right after Malmoth another Banshee. That was cool. Oh, and 2 elimination codes.

Btw. if you don't want to fight boss adds, you don't have to. All you have to do is have one player warp in first to trigger the boss in single player mode and the rest just warps right in after. Besides, boss adds don't spawn infinitely, you can kill them off. If you want a simpler S rank in a free-exploration mission, then just go to boss with adds, kill all adds first, then boss. That's how I did it with Tundra at least.
Old 2012-08-03, 12:09   Link #148
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Okay, I'm finally in, so whats the best English server? and if there is one Unofficial english RP server XD
Old 2012-08-03, 12:32   Link #149
Xion Valkyrie

Aren't you guys going to post screens of your characters?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 12:37   Link #150
Sides

Ship 2 has a lot of English speakers and ship 10 a decent size one. Block 20s and 30s are the blocks they normally hang out on.
I play mainly on ship 10, although it was also reported to have hackers/script kiddies as well, they are less active than on ship 2.

About mag reset I am not 100% sure, but I think it resets your mag to level 0. However it might be similar to the skill reset and only apply-able to your additional mag/skill tree. But I would advise people to get an additional mag ticket instead, as it is less expensive and you have two mags to swap, if you change classes.
Reason for reset tickets is probably because additional skill trees and mags are limited to 10, so once you maxed out you can only reset them.

About login, your login ID must be in written in lower caps, even if during the registration process you used cap letters. It doesn't mean you need to reset or remade an account, just write your ID in lower caps during log in, as for password it will be mixed, depending how you made it.

I can post some screens, but posing is just for posers ^^
Old 2012-08-03, 12:39   Link #151
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

so where do you download the game?
Old 2012-08-03, 12:53   Link #152
Sides

On the official page. Best thing to do is to read the guides on how to make an account, finding download link, including alternative download, over on http://bumped.org/psublog/

some screens
Old 2012-08-03, 13:39   Link #153
Seihai
スマイリウム

Is it just me or does imgur not support clickable thumbnails...

I will use spoilers but if they're too big let me know I will have to replace them. And yes, I'm not in HD mode, I put the shaders off etc. so it doesn't look that nice

Spoiler for Wedding Dress:

Spoiler for Usual Outfit:

Spoiler for Malmoth vs Ragne:

Spoiler for 2 Ragne in a row:

Spoiler for A Ragne that got stuck for a while and couldn't hit us:
Old 2012-08-03, 13:50   Link #154
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I made 3 my main OC kyero. Alkaid from. Hack and selvaria.
Old 2012-08-03, 15:15   Link #155
Seihai
スマイリウム

Btw. anyone else think the bikinis are ugly? I think blue looks plain, orange makes your char look old and green is so-so. PSU's were better... now I am waiting for school swimsuits.
Old 2012-08-03, 15:33   Link #156
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ i dont have the game, so i cant tell how it looks. mind post a few pictures
of those ugly bikinis?

EDIT: @Vanish: i like this. nice outfit and purple is GOOD.
Quote:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-08-03, 16:34   Link #157
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Btw. anyone else think the bikinis are ugly? I think blue looks plain, orange makes your char look old and green is so-so. PSU's were better... now I am waiting for school swimsuits.
Not ugly, they just look really blant. Would be nicer if they actually put some effort to create sometime more stylish. The current bikinis look just like shredded cloth pieces used to cover the interesting female body parts.
And why just bikinis? What about swim suits?
Old 2012-08-04, 06:37   Link #158
Sides

Tried solo against fang banshee and banther. Didn't made it in time, spend around 7min to finish off the small one, and I really doubt I could have killed the big on in 25sec. Think it is time for some new gear, had the Alba Breakers for a long time, they do their job, but for timed mission they don't kill fast enough.
Actually they are easier to kill them solo, but you need more time to do it. The main problem playing in a party is that you cannot see anything once the force or ranger start spamming attacks that has explosive lighting effects.

Old 2012-08-04, 10:52   Link #159
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage
Well since I never really got into any of the newer PSOs after I quit the first one I might get some things wrong but basically the character type naming convention in PSO follows this:

Class convention:
HU = hunter
RA = ranger
FO = force

Then followed by race convention:
mar = human male
marl = human female
newm = newman male
newearl = newman female
cast = android male
caseal = android female

So yeah there is a cast. And naturally FO is inaccessible to cast and caseals.
Those were only class designations. Race members were still called androids, just like humans weren't called "mars".

CAST only became a race descriptor with Phantasy Star Universe.
Quote:
I actually played the DS PSO and it's exactly like you are saying which is kinda dumb in my opinion.
Are you seriously badmouthing Phantasy Star 0?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides
And for PSU don't even mention that abortion of a game.
I don't think the game is that bad. Granted, the online mode of the original game was bad because it mostly consisted of missions that were already available offline. But the offline game was good. I know people like to hate on its story, but I enjoyed it. The expansion added more content and made the online mode worthwhile. Of course, support was still bad, but that's not the game's fault.

Phantasy Star Portable is a very good portable version of the game. I was impressed. The story is decent as well. The only complaints I have are that some of the gameplay problems of Phantays Star Universe got ported as well and the field music themes being downgraded to what almost seems MIDI music at times.

I haven't played Phantasy Star Portable 2 yet, but I hear it fixes everything and is what Phantasy Star Universe should have been.

Last edited by Benoit; 2012-08-04 at 11:12.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 10:45   Link #160
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I haven't played Phantasy Star Portable 2 yet, but I hear it fixes everything and is what Phantasy Star Universe should have been.
I think you mean PSP2 Infinity. To be honest after the ps2 game, I abandon the universe series. Thankfully there was PS0 made by sonicteam to gap the time until pso2 was released. I know alfa has a good track record with these kind of games, maybe I should revisit the series, if I get bored.

More screens (sorry for the camera angle, that is because I play in TPS view)

CRappy doing some snorkeling in hot lava

PSE burst in Emergency Forest mission

Pretty much like this the whole week. It is the third time I had Solo PSE bursts and no one was around, because everyone rushed to map3 to fight Fang B&B

But they also do spawn on map 2 (just before I had the solo bursts)

Tags
pc-windows