AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-09-17, 16:38   Link #5561
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I should point out that the Emperor simply used the Sakuradite as an excuse to go after Japan. What he really wanted was Kaminejima. Even if Japan hadn't been monopolizing the Sakuradite, Britannia would've invaded them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisWheel View Post
Really killing Genbu was the lesser of two evils.
True, but try telling that to Suzaku.
Old 2009-09-17, 16:40   Link #5562
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

Eh,I think it would be difficult to tell any kid that killing thier dad was a good thing.
FerrisWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 16:41   Link #5563
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Fair enough. I forgot about that part. You're confused about parts, though. Once Britannia attacked, Genbu would have kept fighting, and sooner or later the Chinese Federation and the EU would have intervened. Then Japan would be torn apart by three warring factions. Aid had nothing to do with it. Also, Suzaku did Genbu in.
Genbu possibly believed he would get aid whether directly or indirectly sadly he didn't figure that aid has conditions if he accedes to one sides demands he would anger the other. And he can't play both sides either since the chinese federation and eu are not friends and taking control of the sakurudite is top priority for them. As for suzaku yeah in the anime what he did was wrong but i heard that the manga genbu was different to the point you might condone suzakus act
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 16:44   Link #5564
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Manga isn't canon though, so we really have no idea. After all, Code Geass is an Anime First anime, so any manga or novel wouldn't have precedence over the anime.

And Genbu wouldn't have believed he'd get aid. He wasn't that kind of person; he wasn't doing anything to negotiate the end of the war; he was too proud. He wouldn't have accepted their help. It would've been forced upon him.
Old 2009-09-17, 16:47   Link #5565
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Manga isn't canon though, so we really have no idea. After all, Code Geass is an Anime First anime, so any manga or novel wouldn't have precedence over the anime.

And Genbu wouldn't have believed he'd get aid. He wasn't that kind of person; he wasn't doing anything to negotiate the end of the war; he was too proud. He wouldn't have accepted their help. It would've been forced upon him.
Which is why i say he was blinded with patriotism and pride if he did not accept any aid his people would suffer. The resistance groups fought for the people but knew what they should do and what they shouldn't
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 16:48   Link #5566
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisWheel View Post
Really killing Genbu was the lesser of two evils.
As pointed out, try telling that to Suzaku. Suzaku wasn't thinking it through. He was thinking like a child who saw something bad and lashed out in order to stop it. There wasn't that much forethought behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
Genbu possibly believed he would get aid whether directly or indirectly sadly he didn't figure that aid has conditions if he accedes to one sides demands he would anger the other. And he can't play both sides either since the chinese federation and eu are not friends and taking control of the sakurudite is top priority for them. As for suzaku yeah in the anime what he did was wrong but i heard that the manga genbu was different to the point you might condone suzakus act
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
Which is why i say he was blinded with patriotism and pride if he did not accept any aid his people would suffer. The resistance groups fought for the people but knew what they should do and what they shouldn't
Aid wasn't coming and he knew it. The point was to fight to the bitter end, because none of the powers would come to his aid. It's not about not accepting it, it's that it just wasn't being offered. Neither the EU or Chinese Federation would get involved. They had treaties to uphold.
Old 2009-09-17, 18:19   Link #5567
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
in the past two pages
lelouch's name gets mentioned a total of 4 times (as in, in four different posts, not including quotes)
this is NOT the right thread for this discussion
Old 2009-09-17, 20:09   Link #5568
ImmortalFire

Yeah, seems more fitting in the Suzaku discussion thread.
ImmortalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 23:29   Link #5569
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Lol, this board often goes into OOT discussions on the wrong thread. Seriously. Not that it is a bad thing.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 23:31   Link #5570
ImmortalFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Lol, this board often goes into OOT discussions on the wrong thread. Seriously. Not that it is a bad thing.
Yeah, I've noticed, lol.
But it really seems easy to get rerailed. One subject leads to another and before you know it your talking about something completely out of topic.

Speaking of which, we should get back on topic.
Old 2009-09-17, 23:52   Link #5571
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Indeed.

Hmm, I can't think of any good Lelouch topics.

Did they ever discuss his Knightmare handling skills? I thought it was not half bad, considering he is not talented like Suzaku or Kallen.

Old 2009-09-17, 23:53   Link #5572
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

He trained himself using the Ganymede during all of the festivals that involved the pizza. I think that's all that's known about his KMF skills.
Old 2009-09-17, 23:54   Link #5573
ImmortalFire

Quote:
Indeed.

Hmm, I can't think of any good Lelouch topics.

Did they ever discuss his Knightmare handling skills? I thought it was not half bad, considering he is not talented like Suzaku or Kallen.
I dont know if they did, but I wouldnt look through the thread, lol.

He had decent skills with knightmares. And in a knightmare like Gawain he could really do lots of damage (of course C.C. was piloting with him)
But in the Shinkiro he was able to do good as well.
Old 2009-09-17, 23:58   Link #5574
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
He trained himself using the Ganymede during all of the festivals that involved the pizza. I think that's all that's known about his KMF skills.
Yeah, I suppose, but when he is using the Shinkirou, I dun think he was piloting it, more of typing crap on a keyboard, doing calculations. Seems that everytime he tried to attack with the Shinkirou.. it epic failed.

Old 2009-09-18, 00:15   Link #5575
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Yeah, I suppose, but when he is using the Shinkirou, I dun think he was piloting it, more of typing crap on a keyboard, doing calculations. Seems that everytime he tried to attack with the Shinkirou.. it epic failed.
First laser fire, Siegfried's destruction shot, and Gino-counterattack disagrees with you, good sir.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2009-09-18 at 02:10.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 03:17   Link #5576
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Also, the typing is piloting, sorta. There are control sticks for direct movement, but using the shield wall and beam spam is a better use of its talents.
Old 2009-09-18, 04:15   Link #5577
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

the whole POINT of the shinkiro is to cover up for his poor piloting skills
he's a thinker, not a pilot
and when he was piloting a burai, there was exactly one battle that it didnt get destroyed in, and thats because it wasnt actually fighting at the time, AND had kallen acting as his bodyguard (she blocked an attack aimed at him)
the gawein was powerful, but only when it was at an overwhelming advantage against any potential enemies (flying, and blasting with the hadron cannon)
once it was on the ground fighting, it almost got overwhelmed by cornellia in a glochester
Old 2009-09-18, 04:49   Link #5578
Laurcus
The black angel

Am I the only one that though the Shinkiro wasn't as cool as the Gawain? Sure the Shinkiro protects Lelouch better, but I kinda would have liked to see an actual Gawain mk2.

I'm thinking a 9th gen KMF with the same type of shield as the Shinkiro but with a super upgraded hadron cannon that's similar to the Gawain's hadron. I can just imagine Lelouch owning tons of things with his new secret weapon laughing like a madman!
Laurcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 05:00   Link #5579
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

you cant use the shields and weapon systems at the same time
and since lelouch cant dodge for shit, all it would take is one enemy at close range, and lelouch can only defend
which drains the energy evetually
Old 2009-09-18, 12:15   Link #5580
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

All it'd take is one Tristan Divider. >.>