AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-11, 01:41   Link #121
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

If you ask me, the reader-input makes the romance angle that much more interesting. Especially if the anime staff decides to tease on them or even a whole new take on it. Go to town, for all I care.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 03:03   Link #122
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Please don't give us manga spoilers. And if you do, please mark them boldly and clearly as manga spoilers. Not that it matters so much with this show, but still I have already learned something I would rather have learned by watching. I like to stop reading a manga when its anime is running, so I have only read a few chapters of this.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 04:42   Link #123
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Please don't give us manga spoilers. And if you do, please mark them boldly and clearly as manga spoilers. Not that it matters so much with this show, but still I have already learned something I would rather have learned by watching. I like to stop reading a manga when its anime is running, so I have only read a few chapters of this.
Yeah same here.
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 08:44   Link #124
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
I don't see the point in discussing the manga in an anime thread anyway. Anime =/= manga, even if it's a 1:1 adaptation.

Do people also go discussing anime in its corresponding manga thread? If so, what do manga readers think about that?

I can read a manga and enjoy the anime that comes with it, why can't everybody do the same?
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 15:02   Link #125
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 2, and the beat goes on. Really funny, even if they do keep hammering away at the same jokes. That's part of the humor.

I enjoyed both the OP (by the female seiyuus) and the ED (by the male seiyuus). Nice animation in both cases, even if the ED was a lot simpler.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-04-11, 18:25   Link #126
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

It's fun having a male lead that is so honest. I also like how the violence isn't portrayed as overly slapstick so it's easier to sympathize with.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 01:21   Link #127
NakedAngelX

It's good to see the main character who is a male surrounded by females has such a strong and distinctive personality. Usually in these type of shows they're just used to support the female ones and is weak/invisible.

After watching episode 2, i finally realized this restaurant is very problematic xD

On a side note, Kyoko(Store owner) reminds me a lot of Nobue from Ichigo Marshmallow. Not just the design, but the carefree attitude as well. Imagine the gang she's gonna call to rob the customers consists of Miu,Chika,Matsuri and Ana
Old 2010-04-12, 02:26   Link #128
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
On a side note, Kyoko(Store owner) reminds me a lot of Nobue from Ichigo Marshmallow. Not just the design, but the carefree attitude as well. Imagine the gang she's gonna call to rob the customers consists of Miu,Chika,Matsuri and Ana
Yeah, I got that same vibe when I first saw her.
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 19:36   Link #129
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Waiting for subs is so hard. I broke down and watched the second ep raw.

This is easily going to be one of my favorites of the season.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 20:55   Link #130
D-Gold
Aurum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Waiting for subs is so hard. I broke down and watched the second ep raw.

This is easily going to be one of my favorites of the season.

I feel your pain.
I am still trying to hold out until the subs by watching a different anime to pass the time.
D-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 02:50   Link #131
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

So is this a work place based sitcom/light romance series?
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 03:51   Link #132
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
So is this a work place based sitcom/light romance series?
Something like that, but more comedy and less romance. It's not structured like a typical American sitcom too, it's more like your usual slice of life in a workplace anime, deriving most of the humor from the quirky characters...
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 06:55   Link #133
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

I'm loving this show. It's light and funny. And what the hell is with Poplar.... she's cheating... a child-like body and big breasts... feels sorry for Inami.
Old 2010-04-13, 07:10   Link #134
Bombo
TSF Fans

Man i couldn't stop laughing after watching sub...Many many funny parts in this episode
Spoiler for EP 2:

Fav char in this spisode right now takanshi

Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 10:11   Link #135
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow Souta's a frightening person in his own way. His attitude about that kid getting older is kind of creepy. He really does fit in with this group.

Damn Inami is a powerful person though. Pretty sure she broke Souta's nose with that one after the ED. Apparently her punches gain power when embarrassed. Maybe he should try to keep her hating him. The damage appears to be less that way . Still a strange thing how cute she can be even though she's talking mostly about hitting guys. That's some restaurant service asking if it's alright to beat someone up .

Find it funny that Souta and Inami both have things to work out that somewhat involve the other. Obviously Inami needs to stop hitting guys since it's just dangerous. Though Souta probably needs to work through his anti-over 12 thing. I mean it's physically painful to compliment anyone over 12?
Old 2010-04-13, 10:48   Link #136
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Wow Souta's a frightening person in his own way. His attitude about that kid getting older is kind of creepy. He really does fit in with this group.
Yeah, that comment about the kid was creepy... and hilarious. Good thing he's made it clear to the others that he'a minicon, or else he'd look like a total pedo. Especially with his "over 12 is no good" policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Damn Inami is a powerful person though. Pretty sure she broke Souta's nose with that one after the ED. Apparently her punches gain power when embarrassed. Maybe he should try to keep her hating him. The damage appears to be less that way . Still a strange thing how cute she can be even though she's talking mostly about hitting guys. That's some restaurant service asking if it's alright to beat someone up .
I was kind of suprised at how powerful Inami is. Anime tends to exaggerate those things but still, Takanashi took quite a beating in this episode, gotta feel sorry for him.

I didn't realize it in the first episode but it seems Yachiyo is totally gay for the manager. Or is it just me and my yuri googles?
Old 2010-04-13, 11:19   Link #137
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yeah, that comment about the kid was creepy... and hilarious. Good thing he's made it clear to the others that he'a minicon, or else he'd look like a total pedo. Especially with his "over 12 is no good" policy.
Definitely a creepy and yet hilarious scene there. His minicon strength is pretty extreme.

Quote:
I was kind of suprised at how powerful Inami is. Anime tends to exaggerate those things but still, Takanashi took quite a beating in this episode, gotta feel sorry for him.
Yeah it's kind of impressive how much power she's packing into that small frame. Did a nice number on that wall when frustrated. It's an interesting dynamic with those two. I feel bad for the damage he's taking and can understand his attitude. Yet he isn't helping with that and Inami isn't intentionally (well mostly not) gunning for him. Kind of feel bad for both of them .

Quote:
I didn't realize it in the first episode but it seems Yachiyo is totally gay for the manager. Or is it just me and my yuri googles?
No I actually felt the same way there. WIth the sword Yachiyo is almost Kyoko's loyal bodyguard. At least definitely seems to want to do anything to make Kyoko's job easier and get her parfaits on command.
Old 2010-04-13, 12:12   Link #138
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...I was kind of suprised at how powerful Inami is. Anime tends to exaggerate those things but still, Takanashi took quite a beating in this episode, gotta feel sorry for him....
I thought her strength was extremely well conveyed in animation and sound.

It took me a while to get used to the fact that he can survive those heavy blows. Anime.
Old 2010-04-13, 12:31   Link #139
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
It took me a while to get used to the fact that he can survive those heavy blows. Anime.
Yeah i can understand why that would be a problem for some, while other people (myself included) just accept it and enjoy the ride the humor brings.
Old 2010-04-13, 12:40   Link #140
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Well, seeing from the preview the next episode seems to revolve around a certain blonde open sword carrier employee, so maybe they will explain this next week...but yeah, you don't really need your yuri goggles here, it's obvious she feels very strongly for the manager, be it romantic or not.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen