AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-08-04, 06:12   Link #1361
luckyovermind
hungry~

Carnival? Simply by knowing that this title is written by 瀬戸口廉也 makes me shiver all over. You definitely need a reasonable level of japanese to be able to understand the story and a strong mind to ... well

Katahane is nice, you can ask sushi san for more info
Old 2007-08-04, 16:29   Link #1362
detective392

Right now i've been playing younger sister juice or Imouto Jiru for thoes who know it by that name.
detective392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 22:53   Link #1363
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I remember that game. It had a hentai anime adaptation, which was quite hilarious, only the girls weren't as lolified as they were in the game.

God, I'm obsessing over Seinarukana so much, but I don't have much HDD space left. I guess I'm putting off Lyrical Lyric until I'm done with Seinarukana. >_<;
Old 2007-08-05, 23:14   Link #1364
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Speaking of HDD space, how does one devour 200 gigabytes within the span of a couple months? Lots and lots and lots of erogames.....lol.

EDIT: Oh god, another look and I really do have a lot of erogames....
Old 2007-08-05, 23:31   Link #1365
roan

after finishing little busters, i find myself feeling empty.

are there any other erogames from this month/last month worth playing (besides eternity sword 2)?
roan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 01:40   Link #1366
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Looks like C72 will feature the usual crazy stuff from TYPE-MOON that'll drive fans into riot mode at the event

http://www.typemoon.com/event/c72/index.htm

...me wants Shiki!
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 04:25   Link #1367
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
I remember that game. It had a hentai anime adaptation, which was quite hilarious, only the girls weren't as lolified as they were in the game.
I'm pretty sure the game and anime didn't had much differences as even in the game itself, the girls weren't that loli.
ロリキャラ同好会 classifies them as 60% loli at most which isn't a lot IMO :p (btw the girl in my signature is tagged 95% <__<)
Old 2007-08-06, 13:58   Link #1368
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany View Post
I'm pretty sure the game and anime didn't had much differences as even in the game itself, the girls weren't that loli.
ロリキャラ同好会 classifies them as 60% loli at most which isn't a lot IMO (btw the girl in my signature is tagged 95% <__<)
I didn't know that. Well, they looked more loli-ish (wtf?) in the eroge than in the h-anime, at least to me. Maybe I should get my eyes checked...

Also...NOZOMI PUNCH! LOL @ Nozomu groping Nozomi and blaming it all on "a bad dream".
Old 2007-08-06, 14:16   Link #1369
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
I didn't know that. Well, they looked more loli-ish (wtf?) in the eroge than in the h-anime, at least to me. Maybe I should get my eyes checked...
Well the infos given on their char pages would make you think they might be loli, but the CGs themselves are obviously, you can easily see their breasts =P
Old 2007-08-06, 16:39   Link #1370
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by roan View Post
after finishing little busters, i find myself feeling empty.

are there any other erogames from this month/last month worth playing (besides eternity sword 2)?
I heard good things about Shirogane no Soleil, even if it's a little relatively old. Have you tried Koisuru Otome to Shugo no Tate? It's like Otoboku crossed with Full Metal Panic.

Go into Getchu and just brows through their front page and PC section. A lot of the newest and upcoming games are shown there.
Old 2007-08-06, 16:42   Link #1371
-Nyu-
Yozora

This title looks also promissing:
http://circus.nandemo.gr.jp/sakuhin/nf/index.html
Rival for Seinarukana 2?

Got my copy of Little Busters! today, the artbook is awesome! Have made some photos if anyone is interested.
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 17:45   Link #1372
Narumi
*Fansubber

Nah, I'd say more like rival for this

They were showing it off at the Circus booth at AX though, and there's currently an episodic 'D.C. to EF' where Otome and the others from D.C.2 end up in the world of EF. It's an amusing way to introduce people to the world, I think.
Old 2007-08-06, 21:09   Link #1373
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nyu- View Post
Got my copy of Little Busters! today, the artbook is awesome! Have made some photos if anyone is interested.
Ah, did you get the 500-piece puzzle as well? Maybe that was a pre-order item... I don't remember. Anyway, it's a pretty neat extra. I wonder if I have room somewhere to put that together...

Anyway, it's probably blasphemous, but I've actually been focused on the other game I got with my Little Busters order, which is Feng's Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka (both links somewhat NSFW).

Spoiler for Cover Art (Work-safe):
- Opening Movie Download
- Trial Version Download

I had never played Feng's previous, similarly-named Aozora no Mieru Oka, but I understand the playstyle here is somewhat similar. It's structured like an anime series, with 24-26 episodes, OP, eyecatch, "next episode" segment, and so on. I kind of like that because it gives you a pretty good "stop point", plus gives you a good indication of how far along in the story you are. Plus, of course, I like anime even more than visual novels to begin with, so mixing them isn't bad from my perspective. In terms of the story, it's a fun high school romantic drama/comedy; it won't necessarily win any awards for originality, but it's good if you're in the mood for that sort of story (which I pretty much always am ).

Spoiler for Quick Story Setup Synopsis & Character List:
I think the game's strongest point (and don't they know it) is definitely the lead heroine -- her tsundere oujo-sama character basically steals every scene with just a really solid performance. I'm not necessarily a huge tsundere fan, but they really did a good job here. The only problem with having such a strong female lead (both in presence and personality ), though, is that it could sort of overshadow the other characters stories -- I mean, from the very first scene, it's obvious that the story basically revolves around Yuuhi no matter what. But I think they handled it pretty well; even in the other characters' paths, resolving Yuuhi's story factors in, and it doesn't feel too forced. The other thing that's a bit of a side-effect of using the anime approach is that you end up with character episodes -- all of the characters have at least one or two episodes of character development, even if you're not on their path. I guess that's no different from most visual novels (where the first 2/3 of the game is the common path), but the episode format makes it more noticeable. All in all, it just means that you're holding Ctrl a fair bit during replays, because the game doesn't have that always-handy (but sadly under-used) "summary-skip" feature. But, like some 26-episode anime, don't despair if you find the middle drags a bit -- I would definitely say the endings are worth the wait. And incidentally, all of the sex scenes are "extras" at the end of each of the related episodes, so it's easily skippable for people who don't want the 18+ version (that's not to say there aren't any risqué scenes in the normal episode flow, though ).

Anyway, this isn't a game for people who dislike AVGs, for the jaded, or for those looking for something new & different. But, if you're in the mood for a high school romantic comedy/drama, and have no problem dealing with tsundere-types, you might want to check it out.

Spoiler for More Art: Guest Illustration Book Cover Scans (incl. chibis!):
Spoiler for NSFW: Yuuhi Double-fanservice (Pre-order bonus phone card):
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 21:17   Link #1374
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I was also looking out for that game as well, though I got distracted by Lyrical Lyric and Seinarukana. Thanks for the detailed synopsis, I'll be sure to try this game out after I get tired of Seinarukana (WHAT BLASPHEMY).

Seems like their art improved, based on how the characters from Aozora no Mieru Oka look compared to the characters in Akane-iru ni Somaru Saka.
Old 2007-08-07, 02:24   Link #1375
-Nyu-
Yozora

The school uniform remembers me a bit of those in EF-The first tale
After finishing Seinarukana? Good luck lol, it's LONG O_o

@rentlessflame
I got just the game, the puzzle was a preorder item from Himeya or? I got my copy from Paletweb. Moreover I won't pay extra for an preorder item so that's nothing for me

Ah, and we have this DC in Eternal Fantasy video on our site here
http://www.visual-novels.net/vn/inde...=477&Itemid=26
It's the second, the first is the opening.
Old 2007-08-07, 08:28   Link #1376
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Yeah, 12 chapters. I don't mind the length, though, it just means that Seinarukana has more to deliver.
Old 2007-08-09, 02:59   Link #1377
-Nyu-
Yozora

There are rumors Kanon got licensed by ADV Films, however the trailers they had on their site were taken down. Would sound logical to me since they already have Air.
Old 2007-08-09, 07:35   Link #1378
luckyovermind
hungry~

http://stage-nana.sakura.ne.jp/

This picture is just so pretty that I have to post it. It reminds me of a particular scene in red -aka-...
Spoiler for setsumi:

A new 4-coma is up as well.

The content of the new diary entry is pretty much about C72,
A 48 page narcissu visual fan book will be sold at 1000-1200 yen. If you go to the comiket and ask kataoka-san gently, you will probably be able to get a lamune wind chime as well.
Old 2007-08-10, 08:28   Link #1379
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Was looking around the usual game companies when I saw this:

Prism Ark Love^2 Maximum
(Beware, NSFW splash pic on the front page, courtesy of Precia. >_>;; )

Seems like there's a new character in the game... is it a fandisc for Prism Ark, perhaps?
Doesn't look like it has too much plot..
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 10:52   Link #1380
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Was looking around the usual game companies when I saw this:

Prism Ark Love^2 Maximum
(Beware, NSFW splash pic on the front page, courtesy of Precia. >_>;; )

Seems like there's a new character in the game... is it a fandisc for Prism Ark, perhaps?
Doesn't look like it has too much plot..
Another fandisc? IIRC, Prism Ark already has a fandisc named Teresa To Heart. This one's selling point seems to be the H scenes that you can have with the characters (For Teresa to Heart, it was with Fillia and Teresa).

>_>

...Oh man, not like I'll be able to ignore it. Kagura alone has me hooked, but Precia too? SOLD. Now I'll also have to take this title into account along with Kamipani! and Eternal Fantasy for the list of upcoming eroges that I'll have to (possibly) get. Knowing me, though...I'm sure I'll end up getting them.

>_>;

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2007-08-10 at 12:18.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel