AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-13, 20:35   Link #21
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Wow, I wonder what that means for Luffy then, perhaps he isn't even related to Dragon either or may just be very close friends with Ace?
Old 2009-07-13, 20:54   Link #22
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
Its also funny how Oda tricked us... this whole time we were thinking he was talking about Dragon in Chapter 525, the whole time he was talking about Roger..
Oda did good planning this out... it completely through me off...
When Garp told Luffy about his father... I thought it was weird he didn't mention Ace..

Well, as I said in the previous page, the impression I had is that Ace didn't know that Roger was his dad because Garp withheld that information from him, and led him to believe that Dragon was his dad instead. Besides, it doesn't really make much sense for Ace to call a father who was dead long before he was born "useless".....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
Wow, I wonder what that means for Luffy then, perhaps he isn't even related to Dragon either or may just be very close friends with Ace?

Even if the two of them aren't related, that doesn't mean they still can't be brothers. Sometimes a spiritual bond can be stronger than any blood ties.....
Old 2009-07-13, 22:27   Link #23
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Sengoku Knew this about Ace, makes me wonder if Blackbeard didn't know this. With all that power in one place it will be a hell of a chance for luffy to save Ace from the Admiral power house. I suppose the Gorosei won't be putting in an appearance with Sengoku being there.

Man have I been waiting for Akainu to reappear, and man does he look great (in an Absolute Justice kind of way.)
Old 2009-07-13, 23:01   Link #24
Rainbowman

My Review:

Mini-story: Usopp having a party with his new friends. He's certainly lucky among the other members.

Main Story: It's great we get to see a full-body picture of Admiral Akainu. But what REALLY shocks me is that Ace is actually the son of Gold Roger. I wonder how Luffy (along with Ivankov, Inazuma, and the others) would react in learning this truth?
Old 2009-07-13, 23:21   Link #25
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I wonder how Luffy (along with Ivankov, Inazuma, and the others) would react in learning this truth?
Honestly, I am more interested in what Buggy (and other former crew members (Shanks and Rayleigh)) will think after finding out that Ace is his former commander's son. They had a friendly connection before, but after this revelation, I can't help but think that Buggy will feel even more involved with the upcoming war.

Additionally, wouldn't it be pretty cool if Buggy, Shanks and Rayleigh all fought together in the upcoming war? Even if this doesn't happen (which, honestly, the scenario seems very unlikely), Buggy being the only pirate with a direct connection to Roger attempting to save Ace will greatly add to his bounty.
Old 2009-07-13, 23:39   Link #26
strategos

One thing thou. When the series, One Piece, started it went like 20 years ago a Pirate name Gold Roger, and so. When the series reach at Reyleight, he sai Roger died 22 years ago. So it would kind make sense that Ace could have now 21 to near 22 years of age. So, we could estimate that maybe a year or a year and half have already pass. And that maybe Rouge gave birth like in 10 to 12 months instead of 9 months. So, it kind of adds up the whole age.

Another thing. If I remember correctly, in some translations Reyleight says about 22 years ago. So it is not necessary that it's actually 22 years that has passed. IT could be round up to be near 22 years that has passed since Roger's death.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2009-07-13, 23:46   Link #27
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
However, I'm unsure about Ace deciding to take up the mantle and continue his father's legacy as Pirate King. I mean, it's definitely possible, but he doesn't really seem to be interested in such a grand status. It was already implied from his brief flashback in chapter 549 that he simply wanted to live freely. If he becomes king and sits at the top of the world, then he'll have several of the silver medalists clawing at him from the bottom. That doesn't sound like "freedom" to me at all.......
Ace's goal this whole time has been to exalt Whitebeard to pirate king status. Since he has never had a dream for himself, he has essentially relinquished his own dream in favor of fulfilling his captain's ascension in power. This has been a known fact ever since his debut in Alabasta.

Also, having opposition in one's way doesn't mean that there won't be freedom. The way I interpreted the moral of the message from Ace's flashback last chapter was that you "choose" the path in life that you wish to take and live through it with no regrets. It's ultimately all about living life how you "want" to (i.e. Ace living the life of a pirate), not turning your back on your ideals (i.e. Ace refusing to accept Blackbeard's offer to join his crew; otherwise, he would be a traitor and break the vow of eventually making Whitebeard the pirate king), and that there is no fate but what you make for yourself (i.e. Your actions are the pivotal factor in determining what awaits you in the future). It is with this "freedom of choice" in mind, that Ace feels one should not have any complaints/regrets for what fate lies ahead of them.

Regarding Akainu's appearance, I love his design. I was a little surprised to see that he's the only admiral that's not wearing a tie underneath his suit. Given his personality and how seriously he takes his job, I initially thought that he would be the most formally dressed out of the admirals. Hopefully, we'll see a color spread of the admirals soon, so that we get to see Akainu's color scheme .
Old 2009-07-14, 00:36   Link #28
SMASHERJACKSON

shame abuot lack of WB appearance
Old 2009-07-14, 00:50   Link #29
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMASHERJACKSON View Post
shame abuot lack of WB appearance
Who?

Do you mean Warner Brothers..?
Old 2009-07-14, 01:30   Link #30
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Who?

Do you mean Warner Brothers..?
I think he meant Whitebeard, but what you said was quite funny. < (wheezing laugh)
Old 2009-07-14, 01:56   Link #31
Talendra

Depending on how much Rogers crew knew (the inner circle, that is) this development also holds the potential to add some new powerhouses to the war, doesnt it?

I could totally see Rayleigh trying to safe Ace in a "bet my life for the next generation" kind of way, which seems to fit into the view Rogers crew had on Nakamaship (also portrayed by Shanks and Roger-Luffy-similarities as well). There is no reason to assume that the rest of Rogers "inner" crew views this matter different. Also, they allready lost Roger to the WG, so the life of a few old men to save their beloved captains son from the "evil ones" would seem like a rather good deal to these kind of people, doesnt it?

That would certainly even out the chances a bit for Whitebeards side...

As a sitenote, nice little symbolism with the admirals clothes, white for the good one, black for the bad one and stripes for the one in between
Old 2009-07-14, 02:45   Link #32
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
So Portgas D. Rouge was Garp's daughter?
Old 2009-07-14, 03:11   Link #33
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
We do not know yet, It cannot be ruled out.

In my view, Luffy's mother & Ace's mother are sisters, and thus the reason why Roger asked Garp and Garp gave Ace to be raised by his aunt, who is also known as Portgas. Thats just my theory.

But wow, WB's really up against it. He is outnumbered nearly 100:1. The Admirals are on the execution platform, the Shichbuckai infront of it and infront of them, 100,000 Marines consisting of Vice-Admirals,Rear-Admirals, Captains and a huge number of soldiers.

It doesn't look good for Ace.

Also Sengoku is a real b****d for bringing up this bit of news when he has. I do wonder if Rayleigh & Shanks would appear. Shank's skirmish with Kaidou was well over 24 hours ago, so unless there is still a chance Kaidou could attack, Shanks could make an apperance along with Dragon & Rayleigh. That'd be amazing.
Old 2009-07-14, 03:26   Link #34
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Ha ha, well what do you know, a spoiler as soon as the break's over! Summary:

-The ministory now focuses on Usopp (can't wait to check this out, myself! ).

-It's the time of Ace's execution. All the admirals are present, even Akainu. As for Luffy's group, they're still stranded outside the Gate of Justice.

-We learn from Sengoku that Ace's father is Gold Roger (so it's confirmed that he and Luffy may not be blood relatives after all.....). His mother's name is Portgas D. Rouge. It seems that she died after giving a delayed birth to him, and Roger asked Garp to take care of him. The rest of the marines are surprised when they hear this information. Sengoku says that he wants to execute Ace as quickly as possible, even though Luffy's group hasn't been captured yet......

Well now, Oda certainly came out of his break with a bang, huh? For some reason, the identity of Ace's father doesn't surprise me as much as I thought.... honestly, I was just more shocked to see the pic of Akainu (he most definitely looks badass, too ). It's also great to finally get the name of Ace's mom. I suppose we'll see her in the inevitable flashback that's certain to pop up in this storyline. Well, it shouldn't be long before Whitebeard now, either......

Oh, and pics:

Spoiler:

And now to wait for the more detailed summary.....
is this spoiler really confirmed ?

for some reason i don't see it that roger as Ace's Father it doesn't make any sense..
i always expected Roger to be the other grandfather of Ace or luffy.
meaning Rouge is roger daughter and the wife of dragon.

also the time line doesn't fit you are talking about 2 or more years of birth after Roger died ... Ace age is 19 (if i remember correctly) and Roger died 22 years ago and add the year he was captured by the marines ..
Old 2009-07-14, 04:03   Link #35
game2007

It is confirmed and there are pics already. We do know that Rouge was able to delay birth for 2 years using whatever ingenious method.
Old 2009-07-14, 06:16   Link #36
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
erested in learning about Rouge. So we now have our first female D, eh? And she somehow gave birth to Ace 2 years after Roger's death? Geez, no wonder she died as soon as he was born. So I guess this means that Dadan was that friend of Garp's who took care of Luffy and Ace after all (and MIGHT be Luffy's mother, but I dunno)..
I doubt it
Spoiler for One Piece 432:

He said that he left them with a guy that trained them...
So we can assume that it was a guy who taught them how to fight..

Quote:
Well, as I said in the previous page, the impression I had is that Ace didn't know that Roger was his dad because Garp withheld that information from him, and led him to believe that Dragon was his dad instead. Besides, it doesn't really make much sense for Ace to call a father who was dead long before he was born "useless".....
Well...
Because he was dead, that would make him useless...
Ace also might not know all the details about Roger too...
But all and all you got a good point...
We'll just haft to wait and see his reaction to learning the info...
What I want to know is how the hell did Sengoku know if the information was suppose to be secret..

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Honestly, I am more interested in what Buggy (and other former crew members (Shanks and Rayleigh)) will think after finding out that Ace is his former commander's son. They had a friendly connection before, but after this revelation, I can't help but think that Buggy will feel even more involved with the upcoming war.

Additionally, wouldn't it be pretty cool if Buggy, Shanks and Rayleigh all fought together in the upcoming war? Even if this doesn't happen (which, honestly, the scenario seems very unlikely), Buggy being the only pirate with a direct connection to Roger attempting to save Ace will greatly add to his bounty.
That's what I was saying in my other post....
I think Shanks and Rayleigh knew...
Buggy left the ship after he ate the Devil Fruit I believe (as I recall in the anime)...
I think that's why Shanks went to Whitebeard about Ace...
I'm really hoping Shanks and Rayleigh show up now
When I first thought about it... I thought no way because of the Power imbalance...
But Marineford has highly skilled fighters so I think even if Whitebeard, Shanks, Rayleigh do pop up...
The battle can still go either way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
I doubt it...
For one if that was Garp's daughter I would expect her name to be Monkey D. Rouge and Portgas. Plus the age, I would all of the people from that era to be around the same age...

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007 View Post
It is confirmed and there are pics already. We do know that Rouge was able to delay birth for 2 years using whatever ingenious method.
She probably had the Pregnant Pregnant Fruit (lol)
Old 2009-07-14, 07:18   Link #37
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
If Ace is not Dragon's son and his mother isn't the daughter of Garp, Ace and Luffy wouldn't be blood related.
Old 2009-07-14, 08:39   Link #38
ZeroForever

or... they could be related via a relative on dragons side aka sister to dragon or such, it wouldn't make them brothers but they could still be blood related like cousins or such.

Though with this reveal i'm leaning towards not blood related at all, and just having sibling bonds instead. Another surprising chapter though.

Also anyone know which actor akainu is based on from his 1 panel shot?
Old 2009-07-14, 12:15   Link #39
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
I dunno.... considering the string of losses that Luffy's had lately (being seperated from his crew, nearly dying from Magellan's poison, and losing Bon Clay), I'd think that Ace's death would kinda be overkill. However, I'm unsure about Ace deciding to take up the mantle and continue his father's legacy as Pirate King. I mean, it's definitely possible, but he doesn't really seem to be interested in such a grand status.
Well, finding out he's the son of Gol D Roger (plus potential death of Whitebeard) might change his outlook... that's what some of us are suggesting here.

Quote:
It was already implied from his brief flashback in chapter 549 that he simply wanted to live freely. If he becomes king and sits at the top of the world, then he'll have several of the silver medalists clawing at him from the bottom. That doesn't sound like "freedom" to me at all.......
You don't get to be generally recognised as the Pirate King without putting clear water between you and the nearest rivals. Or putting it another way, the vast majority of potential opponents would not even dare to go against you. If you're a "silver medallist" then not only do you have other silver medallists to contend with, but the Pirate King too - and also the up and coming "bronze medallists" to boot.

I'd also point out what Luffy said about the person with the most freedom on the Grand Line is the Pirate King.

Quote:
You know, this actually brings back to mind something I mentioned in a past thread about Ace being the one to take over Whitebeard's crew after the mighty emporer bites the dust. I guess this new twist DOES increase the chances of that happening......
Yup... though I certainly think Ace will have to do that the hard way (ie beat up the competition).
Old 2009-07-14, 12:26   Link #40
andy

Man WB better show up next week it going to be crazy. 100 00 marines plus Shichibukai . Of course over 90% of marines going to be useless but still WB VS Marines and Shichibukai. Then dragon groups could pop up , then theres luffy group that going and who knows who else might show up. Then Shichibukai might change sides. Can't wait for war to start . But it just goes to show how much the WG fear the old man .
Closed Thread