AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-09, 21:39   Link #4361
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
So do you think there are chance he will be back to help against Aleister just as Acqua did against Carrisa?
it is entirely possible....
Old 2010-09-09, 21:40   Link #4362
reaper with no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Follow the link in wilfri's sig. If his still not changing it.

Similar to what? Accelerator managing to beat Hyouka? well he can manage to redirect the attack so the chances aren't that big. But if Hyouka is also trying she can also beat Accelerator. well they are both strong enough to beat one another though for accelerator's case if his attack aren't working well your attack could work against you
That doesn't make sense. Redirection doesn't work properly on magic, that's why Accelerator has no chance against Gabriel on his own. But Kazakiri was fighting Gabriel, so logically she should be throwing her strongest attacks at it. If Accelerator can redirect those (as the summaries seem to be implying), then logically, he should be able to redirect anything she can bring to bear. That doesn't mean he can hurt her or anything, but this isn't a "Why can't Accelerator beat N?" question, this is a "wait, if he can do N, why can't he do N-1?" question.

This is why I'm wondering if there is something I'm missing.

Of course, even so, there's the nagging issue of strength meaning nothing against Accelerator. So far, Redirection has been depicted as being a sort of "he can either redirect it or he can't, and if he can redirect it, then no amount of added strength behind it will change that, because he'll simply turn that extra force around" thing. Heck, even nuclear weapons were said to be useless against Redirection (I believe it was volume 12). So, unless there's something I'm missing (and there must be, or else this would be one giant plot hole), if Accelerator can redirect Kazakiri's attacks at all, he should be able to redirect anything she has.

Unless of course she's got some special "anti-vector control" attacks like Aiwass seemed to have, which I suppose might be a way to resolve this seemingly paradoxical situation.
Old 2010-09-09, 21:52   Link #4363
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
it is entirely possible....
There is Aiwass afterall, that thing-being wants go get fun as much as possible.
Old 2010-09-09, 22:30   Link #4364
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper with no name View Post
That doesn't make sense. Redirection doesn't work properly on magic, that's why Accelerator has no chance against Gabriel on his own. But Kazakiri was fighting Gabriel, so logically she should be throwing her strongest attacks at it. If Accelerator can redirect those (as the summaries seem to be implying), then logically, he should be able to redirect anything she can bring to bear. That doesn't mean he can hurt her or anything, but this isn't a "Why can't Accelerator beat N?" question, this is a "wait, if he can do N, why can't he do N-1?" question.

This is why I'm wondering if there is something I'm missing.

Of course, even so, there's the nagging issue of strength meaning nothing against Accelerator. So far, Redirection has been depicted as being a sort of "he can either redirect it or he can't, and if he can redirect it, then no amount of added strength behind it will change that, because he'll simply turn that extra force around" thing. Heck, even nuclear weapons were said to be useless against Redirection (I believe it was volume 12). So, unless there's something I'm missing (and there must be, or else this would be one giant plot hole), if Accelerator can redirect Kazakiri's attacks at all, he should be able to redirect anything she has.

Unless of course she's got some special "anti-vector control" attacks like Aiwass seemed to have, which I suppose might be a way to resolve this seemingly paradoxical situation.
You are not talking about some simple attack here that Accelerator is redirecting, like a nuke or something. You are talking about pure AIM attacks. Besides, Accelerator himself wasn't exactly deflecting Hyouka's attacks with ease. Hyouka's control over AIM is far far greater than what Accelerator can do. Is like comparing Mikoto and Accelerator only this time the one getting beaten down is Accelerator. He'll be fighting a watered down version of Aiwass basically.
Old 2010-09-10, 01:20   Link #4365
Flere821
Lurker

I haven't read far enough in Vol21 yet, so I'll abstain from commenting on who'd win between Accelerator and Kazakiri until I have more info from Chinese translations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yup...basically that....BTW, there's vol 13 - 21 in Mandarin? Can't find them anywhere...
Here's where I read Chinese versions of TAMNI light novels - http://book.sky-fire.com/Novel/2729/MainIndex/
Old 2010-09-10, 11:34   Link #4366
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailEmperor View Post
First exposure of translations from whichever TL came out with it, mostly. If that's what's in the guidebook, then a change is in order. Just edit at the wikia :3
Think I should go edit the ones in the texts as well. Normally, I would use the names given on the wikia just to be sure. Just PM me the names that you guys think need editing and I'll do it.

And before this discussion becomes a full-blown debate about Accelerator vs Hyouka (Ok, it's too late), it's back to the beginning (5%)

Didn't know that Touma is an Aquarius till now.
Old 2010-09-10, 13:05   Link #4367
LockeManuel

Finally, the cover is out:

Spoiler for TAMnI v22 Cover:

I know the cover was already out on project-index website, but it was too small for me XD
Old 2010-09-10, 19:12   Link #4368
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Why do they look so good together, with those complimenting white outfits?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-09-10, 20:30   Link #4369
tsunade666

not just outfit. Look at the face. What a perfect couple in times of war. When in times of peace in academy city. Accelerator and Last Order really look nice together but in this times of war. Last Order pairing up with Accelerator just doesn't add charm to me. That little girl is too pure for blooded war.
Old 2010-09-10, 21:35   Link #4370
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
not just outfit. Look at the face. What a perfect couple in times of war. When in times of peace in academy city. Accelerator and Last Order really look nice together but in this times of war. Last Order pairing up with Accelerator just doesn't add charm to me. That little girl is too pure for blooded war.
Thus proving that in insane experimental cities devoted to taking down Heaven, the killer always ends up with his victims...
Old 2010-09-11, 11:43   Link #4371
Inept Forum User

Question

I have another question regarding Academy City's Level 5s.

In which books and chapters have numbers 5 and 6 been mentioned or featured?
Old 2010-09-11, 11:58   Link #4372
tsunade666

the number 6 is still no clue but if it's about the queen or number 5. the side story mentioned about her and the daihasei or vol 9-10. Their are also bits of info from the earlier ones mentioning that their are 2 level 5 in tokiwadai. But the title of the queen first shows up in the ss if I remember it right.
Old 2010-09-12, 14:19   Link #4373
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Volume 13 completed. I think. I didn't see Index comparing Accelerator's power to a saint's anywhere though.
Old 2010-09-12, 15:07   Link #4374
tsunade666

Reading it right away and......

EDIT:

nope. that's not the complete epilogue. Their is still some left to be translated on the epilogue.
Old 2010-09-12, 20:01   Link #4375
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

In case anyone didn't see the post in Baka-Tsuki forums, Teh Ping will be translating volumes 1 and 11 of Index (yes, at the same time). Awesome.

Volume 1 Chapter 1

Also, it looks like a new translator named "Thrice.holder" is translating vol 2. Things are speeding up.
Old 2010-09-12, 20:40   Link #4376
tsunade666

vol 1? hmm their would be clarification thanks to this and also vol 11? greats I'm having a really hard time reading moon runes. I just start reading vol 11 last week and guest what I'm still at the beginning when touma saw ursula in london packing things up with the help of amakusa... that's like part 3 or 4 of chapter 1. Great and a week past already even though I'm busy with other things.
Old 2010-09-12, 22:39   Link #4377
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I dunno if this is the right place to post this, but someone posted in the Wiki that according to the booklet of the Toaru Kagaku no Railgun DVD Vol. 2 that Ruiko Saten is officially a Level 0 Aero Hand.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-09-12, 22:53   Link #4378
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I dunno if this is the right place to post this, but someone posted in the Wiki that according to the booklet of the Toaru Kagaku no Railgun DVD Vol. 2 that Ruiko Saten is officially a Level 0 Aero Hand.
... I'm tempted to think that is a misunderstanding from a joke where Saten "abuses" that ability to flip Uiharu's skirts.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-09-12, 23:50   Link #4379
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Now Aero Hand is cheap. Kongo isn't amused LOL.
Old 2010-09-13, 00:24   Link #4380
Honoakari
Lurking Member

Quote:
It was expected, since we were shown that she had a certain air-manipulating power when she used the Level Upper. Now all we need to see is Saten actually leveling up...
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen