AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-21, 01:09   Link #101
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yaraon blog mentioned that Togashi will be supervising the HxH remake.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 06:17   Link #102
chiryu

Not only is Togashi supervising the new series, but there will be some changes.
So far they mentioned that:
- Kaito will not be introduced as usual
- Hisoka will not be "perverted" anymore. They are changing his personality.
- They are downplaying / or omitting the violence from the original

They are in the process of changing some dialogue, etc. The pace will be different as well. So this really will be a retelling rather than a reboot.

This news concerns me...

Kaito had such a big impact on Gon, I can't imagine how it'll begin without him.
Not having a weird Hisoka is...well, not Hisoka at all. He was a unique character.

I was looking forward to seeing the Ant Arc animated. I'm sure many have thought so as well. Now I'm not sure what's going on.

They may be trying to have a kid friendly approach (with the timeslot and all) so the whole family could watch---which is definitely not the HxH I know;
chiryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 06:26   Link #103
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiryu View Post
WTF??? How come?? What a heartbreaking news .

Looks like this will be a definite pass. My expectation for this when the news first came out was like 60%, and now after reading this, it's drop to 10%.
Old 2011-08-23, 06:39   Link #104
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That's definitely bad news. Less violence? Hisoka no longer a perverted pedo? DROPPED.

What set apart HxH from the rest of the current manga in Jump was its mature atmosphere. If they're removing that...
Old 2011-08-23, 06:44   Link #105
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

There are only like instances of Hisoka being a pervert and they're all later into the story. And by tone back violence I'm sure they mean stuff like Killua ripping out hearts. Neither of these are big deals.
Old 2011-08-23, 07:00   Link #106
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hisoka's always been perverted. That's one of the major trait of his personality. In the Heavens arena (chapter 60 or so) arc, he comments on how excited he is to face Gon again and his crotch is GLOWING.
Old 2011-08-23, 07:16   Link #107
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's definitely bad news. Less violence? Hisoka no longer a perverted pedo? DROPPED.

What set apart HxH from the rest of the current manga in Jump was its mature atmosphere. If they're removing that...
Are these just random rumors floating around on 2chan or is there any foundation to those claims?
Because getting Madhouse + director of rainbow seemed to indicate they didn't want to kiddy the show.
Old 2011-08-23, 07:46   Link #108
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Yeah, this certainly doesn't sound like good news. If it doesn't have that same gritty atmosphere, I can't say I'll be watching too many episodes of it either. I can only hope though that if this IS a reboot, that they will speed through the first couple of arcs without too much in between so we can get to the good stuff, though it'd also be a shame because it was those episodes that extended the details of the manga chapters that gave more depth to the chars than the manga did.
Quote:
Hisoka's always been perverted. That's one of the major trait of his personality. In the Heavens arena (chapter 60 or so) arc, he comments on how excited he is to face Gon again and his crotch is GLOWING.
Was he really? I thought most of his 'pervertedness' was simply a pretext to how excited he was, usually in reference to him wanting to kill or fight, not that like he was actually turned on or anything(well, sexually anyways).

Last edited by frubam; 2011-08-23 at 08:00.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 10:57   Link #109
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiryu View Post

They are in the process of changing some dialogue, etc. The pace will be different as well. So this really will be a retelling rather than a reboot.

This news concerns me...

Kaito had such a big impact on Gon, I can't imagine how it'll begin without him.
Not having a weird Hisoka is...well, not Hisoka at all. He was a unique character.

I was looking forward to seeing the Ant Arc animated. I'm sure many have thought so as well. Now I'm not sure what's going on.

They may be trying to have a kid friendly approach (with the timeslot and all) so the whole family could watch---which is definitely not the HxH I know;
Hisoka not weird anymore?!No!!!!!!!!! That's not Hisoka at all. Hisoka that I know is weird and perverted in his own way. Luckily I had bought the old series back. The old series is no doubt a classic.

Quote:
I had watched this scene in the anime. It's one of my favourite scenes.I like his perverted voice when he's acting all excited.
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 12:56   Link #110
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Because getting Madhouse + director of rainbow seemed to indicate they didn't want to kiddy the show.
Madhouse is not specialized in "adult anime" in particular. They did, for instance, Beyblade, Card Captor Sakura, Chi's Sweet Home, Kiba and Dragon Drive.
And HxH will have the same director from Kiba, Hiroshi Koujina.

It's just that you're probably used to watch their late-night series, which is not HxH's case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Was he really? I thought most of his 'pervertedness' was simply a pretext to how excited he was, usually in reference to him wanting to kill or fight, not that like he was actually turned on or anything(well, sexually anyways).
Did you miss Hisoka staring at Gon and Killua's butts?
Seriously, it is implied that a "tasteful" Nen actually turns him on.

Last edited by Goty; 2011-08-23 at 13:07.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 19:48   Link #111
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't even know this story, and this seems pretty unsettling to me. This has "sanitized" written all over it.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 20:20   Link #112
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
That wasn't in the original anime either...they just showed hime arching backwards. FYI I just watched that part of the story Sunday.
Old 2011-08-25, 23:06   Link #113
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Madhouse has also done Kurozuka, Monster, Death Note and Hellsing and well so... I don't know where the info is from about the changes...but i can't see madhouse doing that really...
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 05:28   Link #114
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

I don't see Madhouse screwing up though.
Old 2011-08-26, 10:06   Link #115
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Madhouse has also done Kurozuka, Monster, Death Note and Hellsing and well so... I don't know where the info is from about the changes...but i can't see madhouse doing that really...
..and?
That's like saying Toei is an adult-oriented studio because they did Ayakashi, Mononoke, Kuchu Buranko or Hakaba Kitaro.

Studios do whatever they need to do, as if the Madhouse kid-friendly titles i've mentioned weren't enough.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 14:53   Link #116
TJR

Madhouse is just a contractor, so they'll make the show they've been hired to make.

If the sponsors and TV stations request a sanitized adaptation, the studio is obliged to provide it.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 05:01   Link #117
myopius

The blog that talks about the changes to HxH is http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-3499.html right? ID 1Rv+pPge? I looked through the blog and apologize if I missed it, but is it certain that the poster isn't someone unrelated to the studio who could be making up information?
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 07:55   Link #118
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Yaraon isn't a blog, it re-posts key comments from 2ch threads.
Old 2011-08-28, 05:10   Link #119
Katapan
俺様祭り

So, I was browsing the English Licensing Catalogue from NTV since it often has interesting tidbits (i.e. it gave away Beelzebub's 50+ episodes a few seasons ago).

What does it have to say on HxH?
"45+ episodes (tentative)"

I wonder if that means we should expect 45 episodes if the series bombs, and a much longer running series if the ratings, sales, boost in manga popularity, etc. are satisfactory? The number 45 seems a bit too precise to be coincidental.

Additionally, the page also confirms Chihayafuru getting 25 episodes, heck yeah.
Old 2011-08-28, 18:09   Link #120
FireChick

What's NTV? Is that a streaming site?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen