AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-09-25, 11:18   Link #501
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devard View Post
Some small pictures I found while surfing around.

Source:

I believe that one is similar to the costume Chigusa had Shana wear in volume 9.

Spoiler for vol 9:
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 09:38   Link #502
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
http://www.animenation.net/news/

Quote:
Geneon Exits American Anime Industry
Geneon USA has officially informed retailers that as of 5 PM PDT this Friday, September 28th, the company will cease all DVD production, sales, and distribution.

All Geneon USA DVD titles scheduled for release after November 11, 2007 have apparently been canceled.

[posted: Wed 09.26.2007 10:17 AM]
Yep, I think this has killed all chance of this being pre-licensed.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 09:59   Link #503
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox View Post
Yep, I think this has killed all chance of this being pre-licensed.
Well, in a funny sort of way, the post on AnimeOnDVD gives us another way that could happen. If Geneon USA is going to become like Kadokawa Pictures USA, representing their properties in the U.S., then essentially every Geneon show (including Shana II) is "licensed" by default, but not announced for distribution. From AnimeSuki's perspective, that counts as unlicensed, of course, but it doesn't follow the traditional "rules". That being said, of course, I doubt we'll see "Geneon USA" in the credits.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 05:14   Link #504
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Back on topic concerning the anime.

I would like to bring to attention about JC Staff has omitting what could be a very important detail concerning Yuji's powers.

This occurs in the fight with the Aizen siblings (novels vol 3 and 4, anime eps. 10-12).

When Sydonay stuck his hand inside Yuji's body to find out what's inside of him (and inspired the parody Syd x Yuji yaoi sequence in the DVD speciall ), the anime only showed him being kicked off by Margery before he could molest, er, I mean search Yuji any further.

Spoiler for Reiji Maigo stuff from novels:

If you want to find out how the Reiji Maigo ended up in Yuji, refer to this post with tons of spoilers.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=191
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 15:31   Link #505
AnimeFanChris
Flamehaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Back on topic concerning the anime.

I would like to bring to attention about JC Staff has omitting what could be a very important detail concerning Yuji's powers.

This occurs in the fight with the Aizen siblings (novels vol 3 and 4, anime eps. 10-12).

When Sydonay stuck his hand inside Yuji's body to find out what's inside of him (and inspired the parody Syd x Yuji yaoi sequence in the DVD speciall ), the anime only showed him being kicked off by Margery before he could molest, er, I mean search Yuji any further.

Spoiler for Reiji Maigo stuff from novels:

If you want to find out how the Reiji Maigo ended up in Yuji, refer to this post with tons of spoilers.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=191
Hmm how could they fix that problem? T_T
AnimeFanChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 16:17   Link #506
passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFanChris View Post
Hmm how could they fix that problem? T_T
after watching zero no tsukaima II one can only hope that they wont make it worse and absurder. i guess this is the fate of good manga/novel series.
passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 21:55   Link #507
Devard

These screencaps don't look very promising in my opinion. Did they burn the art budget on the movie?
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 22:23   Link #508
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
These screencaps don't look very promising in my opinion. Did they burn the art budget on the movie?
Well, if you meant that literally, then the answer's of course no -- they're seperate productions with seperate budgets. That being said, of course you won't get movie-quality visuals for an entire TV series. I expect, in the end, it'll probably look roughly the same as the first season, with a few tweaks/alterations. Those screencaps look fine to me (despite being obviously low-res and colour-adjusted), but YMMV.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 22:38   Link #509
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I seriously doubt that they can make anything worse than Zero No Tsukaima II... Specially considering that Shakugan No Shana should not be 12 episode joke that 80 percent consist from fillers or very rushed original scenes.

Its simply impossible. And it wont be same director as for ZnT II disaster, so I guess it won't be bad. I am not sure if it will surpass season I but I think its pretty much clear that it cannot be worser than Zero No Tsukaima II, as I cannot imagine anything that would be able to fall lower than that...
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 22:44   Link #510
UPR

And remember the director for SnS 2 is the same from SnS 1.
Old 2007-09-28, 00:12   Link #511
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Wha-

The twins... flashback?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 01:23   Link #512
iamthebest22

I'm gonna make some speculation on this, but for some reason, I keep feeling that the "thing" that Rammie (the old guy) has been trying to do for hundred of years may have something to do with bring torches back to human, or else what else could he be thinking of doing with that many power of existence?
iamthebest22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 03:22   Link #513
alvinkhorfire

Well, I beg to differ. I remembered that once he said that he wanted to see with his own eyes and feel with his own hands. Since he is now borrowing the body of a torch, at least he will use power of existence to create a new body for himself.

Spoiler for Possible Info from Novel:
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 07:06   Link #514
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, if you meant that literally, then the answer's of course no -- they're seperate productions with seperate budgets.
For the record, I was being sarcastic.

Quote:
That being said, of course you won't get movie-quality visuals for an entire TV series. I expect, in the end, it'll probably look roughly the same as the first season, with a few tweaks/alterations. Those screencaps look fine to me (despite being obviously low-res and colour-adjusted), but YMMV.
No, I wasn't expecting movie-quality visuals for the whole series. I can understand dips in quality "further" down the line, but I'd expect the first episode to be "above average". Of course, it's questionable as to whether those were caps of the first episode or not (as I can't seem to find any firm indication of this in the text), so I suppose I shall hold my peace until next week.
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 12:04   Link #515
alvinkhorfire

I don't think that if you all have know this infomation. If this information is not right, just tell me and I will delete this post.

Accordng to Wikipedia, the name of the first episode is "The Time for the Second Time".
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 15:24   Link #516
X10A_Freedom

Shana looks as cute as ever in those screencaps. I cannot wait to see her in action again!
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 02:56   Link #517
AnimeL0ver
Just call me ojisan

Send a message via MSN to AnimeL0ver
Cool lol hi!

god damit i watchhed shakugan no shana yesterday and i am bored.... this made me used my time on myspace editing some backgrounds wanna see it? come to this place MyspaceSHAKUGAN myspace
AnimeL0ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 05:08   Link #518
Ichigo91
Dharma Institute

Old 2007-09-29, 05:14   Link #519
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo91 View Post
Cute.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 2007-09-29, 12:24   Link #520
iamthebest22

5 more days... *going crazy from waiting*
iamthebest22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, supernatural