AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

View Poll Results: Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 8 20.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 53.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 15.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-24, 02:16   Link #1
4Tran

Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th - Episode 4 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th, Episode 4.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-01-24, 04:12   Link #2
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

Thumbs up ep4

Spoiler for ep4:
Old 2009-01-24, 06:36   Link #3
Molenir

Bah, got distracted tonight and didn't have time to grab the episode til just now. Ah well, grabbing it now, hopefully will have time to watch before needing sleep.

Edit...
Spoiler:

Looking forward to the subs again, and to next weeks episode as well.

Last edited by Molenir; 2009-01-24 at 07:40.
Old 2009-01-24, 10:39   Link #4
mintyfresh
Altoid

The last two episodes have been really quite fun to watch. I was on pins and needles all week for this one to come out.

Spoiler:

And on a different note, one thing that's been somewhat bothering me have been the next episode previews. They've been way too serious and unfunny lately. Where's the tsukkomi?

Ah, well.
Old 2009-01-24, 11:10   Link #5
Lesca

Another good episode.

Spoiler for Ep4:
Old 2009-01-24, 13:21   Link #6
sa547
*Author

LOL, I still like it whenever Sachiko does that "I'm gonna kill you" stare.

Spoiler for Why?:

This time, I'm greatly pleased. Dang right SUPERB!

Last edited by sa547; 2009-01-25 at 09:22.
Old 2009-01-24, 13:30   Link #7
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Yay, Maria-sama is getting better and better! I was highly anticipating this episode, and overall very satisfied. There's a few scenes that are unfortunately dropped from the anime, but given the time constraints the animators have been doing a very good job.
Old 2009-01-24, 14:18   Link #8
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Let's make it unanimous: great episode. I thought Yoshino seemed irresponsibly desperate in working that charade with Nana, but it was funny, and almost understandable, and Nana and the destiny part of it more than make up for any problems.

Let's not just say "seiyuu are really something" for NABATAME Hitomi playing both Eriko and Nana. Let's say: "Naba-sama is really something." She is. She is also one of the best-known of a group of seiyuus who pretend (?) to be gay in real life. She and Itou Shizuka (Rei) recently had a full wedding ceremony. To each other. There's info and pics in this post. Naba-sama debuted as Arcueid Brunestad in Tsukihime, and is also Nobue-oneesan in Ichigo Mashimaro, as well as having been Ryouko in Ryouko's Case File.

Speaking of seiyuus, I have made a page with pics of all the characters and their seiyuus. Also includes who is which Rose and who is her soeur, etc. Information that I can't keep straight, even if all of you can, lol. I haven't yet included info as to who are the new soeurs, which many of you know and others can now guess. Just for fun, here is an older group shot of most of the main cast, along with a head shot of Nabatame Hitomi, who is not in the group shot:

front (l-r): Ikezawa Haruna (Yoshino), Ueda Kana (Yumi), Itou Miki (Sachiko), Noto Mamiko (Shimako). back row: Itou Shizuka (Rei), Satou Rina (Tsutako), Saitou Chiwa (Mami), Shimizu Kaori (Noriko), Toyoguchi Megumi (Sei).

Last, here is a page with info about the Pizza Hut promotion for this show. Specially marked pizza boxes will enable people to get special wallpapers and other Marimite goods. Somehow I don't see great commonality between the fans of Code Geass and the fans of Marimite, but whatever.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-01-24, 17:07   Link #9
Fuze

Spoiler for episode 4 and next preview:

Looks like the Maria-sama Pizza Hut campaign will be back- Feb 9 to Mar 8. We might be seeing more pizza eating from the girls.
Old 2009-01-24, 17:25   Link #10
Molenir

One thing I noticed from the preview, is Kashiwagi spending more time with Yuuki. Seeing that, I really hope they don't go the Yaoi route with him. I know a lot of girls love the boys love stuff, but I find it just gross. Let Yuuki be normal!

Spoiler for quoted spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-01-24, 19:12   Link #11
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

^ I bet $10 for double standards
Old 2009-01-25, 04:11   Link #12
bakaneko16
Hitagi Follower

really great episode i must say that i will really miss sachiko and yumi, and its kinda sad to think that sachiko is graduating --- am i thinking of the future much?

anyways its pretty obvious that yoshino has already a potential soeur,

my bet on Yumi's soeur

Spoiler for soeur:

dont know its a spoiler but im guessing
Old 2009-01-25, 07:27   Link #13
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 04:

Another 10 from me.
Old 2009-01-25, 10:07   Link #14
Molenir

Quote:
That's a lot of fangirls at the tea-party. Shame the Inoue Marina girl will never appear again.
She appears in the preview for the next episode. So we'll probably see her in episode 5 at least.
Old 2009-01-25, 10:31   Link #15
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Somehow I don't see great commonality between the fans of Code Geass and the fans of Marimite, but whatever.
The only common denominator is Amisuke (of course, Ami Koshimizu, being Kallen and Kanako).

And...
Spoiler for Don't wanna say this but...:
Old 2009-01-25, 10:39   Link #16
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
She appears in the preview for the next episode. So we'll probably see her in episode 5 at least.
Indeed you're correct. I missed her in the preview.
Old 2009-01-25, 16:50   Link #17
dream-seeker
soar high

Send a message via Yahoo to dream-seeker
Except for my slow computer. The Anime is good and the story for Ep 4 is excellent. I'm very surprised to see Touko and Kanako together though. I kinda notice the little change this season from the previous 3. Looks like there were a lot of jokes and funny scenes coming our way. But what I like the most on this episode was the priceless look on Sachiko. It shouts like "you don't belong here little girl" or "get out!". LOL I wonder, if she was normal she probably have dive down and kill the rookie. And here I thought Yumi was the most permeable one. Looks like she rubbed some charms on her Onee-sama.
Old 2009-01-25, 17:59   Link #18
Oppius
Banned

Argh! That damn Pizza Hut cameo!!!
Old 2009-01-25, 19:50   Link #19
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Two words for this episode: Oh Yoshino...

They've already put a bit of emphasis on the similarities between Eriko and Nana, but whether giving them the same seiyuu really labours the point is a worthwhile question. I guess we'll find out in due time. The interesting, recent comparison was in Allison & Lillia, where Mizuki Nana voiced both of the title characters, which I thought came at a detriment, since it really stunted Lillia's capacity to forge an individual character. She was always kinda stuck in Allison's shadow, and because of that she came off as a less interesting and exciting version of Allison.

Yoshino really provided a lot of entertainment in this episode. She's really stubborn, yet she squirms a lot when she's against a wall. I loved her train of thought during this episode. She kept jumping to conclusions that were completely wrong, but she was so desperate to avoid losing to Eriko (I was amused that she referred to her as her "eternal rival") that she managed to convince herself that they weren't just plausible, but certain. It would have been much easier just to face up to things, but Yoshino fell into a trap that's pretty easy to fall into. I really sympathized with Yoshino and how she ran away from reality just to stubbornly keep face. I thought to myself "yes, I've done this in my younger and more foolish days".
Old 2009-01-25, 20:56   Link #20
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Oh did I lol at this episode xD.

Aaahahahahaa, Nana showing her uniform to Yoshino was gold. So many wrong associations XD. Apparently the way to score Yoshino is to hold up a rosario in a saint-ish pose while wearing a baggy jumper. Oh well

aaaand we get to see Yumi in a fashionable hairstyle next episode <3!
Closed Thread