AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-07-21, 21:56   Link #1
trickdaddy
Level 5 Esper

Modern Supernatural/fictional comedy?

Well, I'm at a time where I can't find a non-currently airing show to watch. I'm looking for a show that revolves around the main character being pulled out of his Normal modern day life into something supernatural or fictional. Comedy and/or romances are a must. Preferebly a male mc.

Similar shows include dog days, the world god only knows, haiyore! nyarko-San, Shana, accel world and a few others I can't think of.

But it's needs one or both comedy and romance, preferably both. Must have action at some point too to keep it interesting.

Two things I'm not looking for :

Echhi is okay, but nothing too much. I'm not a huge fan service ecchi guy like sekirei or to love-ru.

No giant robots or mechs. Never been a fan.

Thanks for any suggestions!
trickdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 00:08   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I recommend Kamisama Hajimemashita where a teen-aged girl becomes a shrine god. Other than a male main character, it has what you are looking for.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 00:47   Link #3
jedinat

xxxHOLiC is good. One of those series where I really enjoyed the anime while not liking the manga.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 09:48   Link #4
Traece
:cool:

Sword Art Online is a recent anime that does technically fit the bill. Though I have a feeling you've seen it already.

Since you listed TWGOK, Hayate no Gotoku must be mentioned. I like to think of these two together, since I enjoy them for very similar reasons. Also, dat Hinagiku, the human Haqua! The only problem is that it does technically have a romance element, but has more of a focus on comedy. Also, there's little that's been done for that romance aspect and I suspect many of us are still very angry about Cuties! Who knows if they'll do a legitimate third season at this point...?

If you want to go oldschool, Yu Yu Hakusho technically fits. He is displaced, and there is a romantic portion to the plot. Lots of supernatural/fantasy and action.

I had actually thought this would be an easy list to make, but I'm finding myself heavily bound by your words. Going from "modern day" life to "fantasy/supernatural" was surprisingly limiting. It's easy to find shows where the MC is being displaced for various reasons, but when it came to that rather oldschool "boy becomes fantasy hero suddenly and finds love!" idea I was rather shocked that I had much less of that than expected.
Old 2013-07-27, 12:41   Link #5
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Familiar of Zero of course.

Ranma 1/2 might fit, and Inuyasha. (Though in those cases it's the girl who gets drawn into the fantasy world).

Ah My Goddess
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Tenchi Muyo
Mirai Nikki
Mawaru Penguindrum
FLCL

I know you said no mecha, but you should consider Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Hataraku Maou-sama! is the opposite, a male lead from a fantasy world pulled into the modern world.

You should also check out Silver Spoon. Not a fantasy, but does have that fish out of water element.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote