AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 13 15.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 18.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 25.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 21.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 11.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.35%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.18%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.18%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-11, 11:40   Link #41
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
Eps like this one just make me think this series would be much better if Ichika was actually a girl
I kinda heard that the author's original plan for Infinite Stratos was to be the reverse of what we have now: a lone female in a male-only school. Don't know the source though

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2011-03-11, 12:26   Link #42
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_unique View Post
how come she just created two 4th gen machines on her own and gave them to Ichika(that I get) and her sister?
Ichika's IS is 4th gen?

WHAT?
Old 2011-03-11, 12:59   Link #43
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
Eps like this one just make me think this series would be much better if Ichika was actually a girl (and thus yuri =D) he clearly has no balls, and the fact that only girls can pilot the IS is just the perfect setting to avoid any male interference in Ichika harem, "her" denseness would be much more likeable since at first "she" isn't interested in another girls and to make the action seems better, here Ichika would be a transfer student that only has a spare first gen IS to pilot but "she" can still defeat even those with third gen ,this alone could be the major fact that the other girls are attracted in "her" , so much yuri potential wasted D=
haha, yeah.. that I can agree.
But, if Ichika were to be female, we'd have to say "goodbye" to all the classic/textbook harem antics... unless they pull something ala Natsuru from Kampfer.
Hm, now that I think about it, that's a very good idea. They could even make it so that Ichika can use his IS only when in female-form...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I kinda heard that the author's original plan for Infinite Stratos was to be the reverse of what we have now: a lone female in a male-only school. Don't know the source though
Hm, "my classmates are all males", uh?
somehow, the title doesn't sound that good... for a very simple reason:

- I kinda doubt the majority of male viewers would be interestend in seeing lots of men and only 1 girl.

Last edited by Dahak86; 2011-03-11 at 13:56.
Old 2011-03-11, 13:02   Link #44
reaper_unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Ichika's IS is 4th gen?

WHAT?
Yeah, thought I read that somewhere, not sure where
Old 2011-03-11, 13:02   Link #45
Joe88

Quote:
Ichika's IS is 4th gen?

WHAT?
Yes, the Byakushiki (Ichika's IS) and Akatsubaki (Houki's IS) are both 4th generation IS, and they are the only 2 in existence to date.

How Ichika got his hands on the byakushiki to begin and not some mass production 3rd gen is beyond me, maybe Chifuyu pulled some strings? who knows

These machines are only as capable as the pilot though, even though Ichika's IS should be able to wipe the floor with all other IS in the whole school, he just started piloting it where as most of his adversaries have countless battle experience with their own IS's.
Old 2011-03-11, 13:03   Link #46
Sekirei07

Isn't his IS the same as the one his sister used? It couldn't be 4G than.
Old 2011-03-11, 13:04   Link #47
reaper_unique

Wasn't it modeled after it? Or got a sword from his sis.
Old 2011-03-11, 13:13   Link #48
Dahak86
Classics never age

actually, I found this =>

translation would be very much appreciated.
Old 2011-03-11, 13:15   Link #49
Nvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
actually, I found this =>

translation would be very much appreciated.

^
That's what I thought. Ichika's is 3rd Gen + a (whatever that means).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe88 View Post
Yes, the Byakushiki (Ichika's IS) and Akatsubaki (Houki's IS) are both 4th generation IS, and they are the only 2 in existence to date.

How Ichika got his hands on the byakushiki to begin and not some mass production 3rd gen is beyond me, maybe Chifuyu pulled some strings? who knows

These machines are only as capable as the pilot though, even though Ichika's IS should be able to wipe the floor with all other IS in the whole school, he just started piloting it where as most of his adversaries have countless battle experience with their own IS's.
But only Tabane can make 4th Gen? Because everyone else only have experimental 3rd Gen.

With this episode, all the girls(and Ichika) were in awe of Houki's 4th Gen.......as in it's the first time they've seen a 4th Gen.
Old 2011-03-11, 13:18   Link #50
HandofFate

I actually really liked this episode and the previous.

man, 4th generation...and everyone else is using experiemental 3rd gens.
and Charlotte is still using a 2nd gen one (and seems atm to be the most skilled of them all)

Its weird how they keep counting on Ichika as the most important role, where every previous time he did it, he pretty much failed the first or second attempts, and by luck get it on the 3rd attempt.

and also sending Houki out, both are totally untested. Cecelia may not be 100% but her experience gives a better chance than 2 rookies.

other random comments:

lol @ Charlotte eating the whole pile of wasabi at once.
lol @ Chifunee's "beer-reaction" after downing a fresh beer.
yay @ Yukari Tamara playing Tabane.
Old 2011-03-11, 13:22   Link #51
reaper_unique

I think she created ichika's IS as a prototype 4th gen and after making some adjustments from the data she got from ichika's IS she made houki's IS

Edit: ow and in episode 9 she said:
Quote:
And it's even a match for the white one!
Probably referring to ichika's IS.
Old 2011-03-11, 13:25   Link #52
Nvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
and also sending Houki out, both are totally untested. Cecelia may not be 100% but her experience gives a better chance than 2 rookies.
Cecilia lost all her battles except a very close call my a rookie that manned his personal IS(with no data or experience) for the first time.

(man, totally jumped off the Cecilia bandwagon now )
Old 2011-03-11, 13:40   Link #53
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Good parts: Wasabi scene, Tabane, Char and Cecilia.

Bad parts: Everything else.

I'm beginning to wonder if I can actually finish this series because my motivation to watch it gets less and less each week, like I'm going through the motions.

But anyway, I have a feeling Houki's going to get her butt kicked. Her sister is way too dependent on the technology instead of checking out the user's (Houki's skill) first. Ichika is the perfect example of a powerful machine in the wrong hands-- basically useless.
Old 2011-03-11, 13:51   Link #54
Joe88

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_unique View Post
Wasn't it modeled after it? Or got a sword from his sis.
as far as I can tell, only the sword is from his sisters IS as she used a 1st gen

Quote:
^
That's what I thought. Ichika's is 3rd Gen + a (whatever that means).
"α" in the greek alphabet means alpha

theoretically its means 4th generation prototype
Old 2011-03-11, 13:54   Link #55
reaper_unique

And seeing how fast Tabane is, I think it's safe to asume that prototype means pretty much finished
Old 2011-03-11, 13:57   Link #56
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Tabane FTW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe88 View Post
"α" in the greek alphabet means alpha

theoretically its means 4th generation prototype
I don't think it means it's 4th gen. I think it means 3rd gen prototype. Alpha usually means it's in early stages so it should be 3rd gen + early prototype (which I think means his sis's sword)
Old 2011-03-11, 14:04   Link #57
eiyuu99

It's mentioned by Chifuyu in Ep 2 that it is still incomplete.
Tabane may be trying to deal with the imperfect Yukihira.
-> Akatsubaki is mentioned to be an evolved Yukihira.
Old 2011-03-11, 14:14   Link #58
Sekirei07

Maybe, but it doesn't seem like bunny girl made any modifications seeing how she was in her own little world orbiting the world. Also, see how she said the line about it having greater technology than any other IS out there and calling it 4G makes me feel all the more convinced Ichika's is only 3G
Old 2011-03-11, 14:35   Link #59
Xacual

You could say Ichika's IS is 3.5 while Houki's is 4.0.

Anyway Tabane was as silly as I expected her to be for a scientist with rabbit ears, she is definitely way ahead of the rest though I guess it doesn't hurt when you actually can make and understand everything about the cores the IS use which one other country has.

Edit: I like how Tabane basically said that the White Knight was Chifuyu and then said her breast size as a proof. Also Tabane doesn't seem to care about anyone other than Chifuyu, Ichika, and Houki. Cue her ignoring the rest of the harem until being told to introduce herself.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-03-11, 15:21   Link #60
hoarfrost

Given that I loathe everyone in this show (save Charlotte/Chifuyu), for once I'm happy for American aggression.

America baby, kill 'em all.
Closed Thread