AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-10-05, 05:37   Link #1101
vampirelover2009
sam

Send a message via AIM to vampirelover2009 Send a message via MSN to vampirelover2009 Send a message via Yahoo to vampirelover2009
well im going to get off. so if anyone wants to help me find an answer to my question send me a message or something.
vampirelover2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 05:42   Link #1102
vampirelover2009
sam

Send a message via AIM to vampirelover2009 Send a message via MSN to vampirelover2009 Send a message via Yahoo to vampirelover2009
well my question is....
are yuuki and kaname really related??? ive read them all but im still a little confuesed a little bit.....
and my next question is, is yuuki and kaname lovers, i think they are but if there related then....., but my real question on that is, is that sara girl and kaname lovers as well...
i dont know someone please help me find my answer to my questions. please.
Old 2009-10-05, 05:46   Link #1103
vampirelover2009
sam

will someone please help?....

i have a question.?.....
ive read all the chapters up to 54, and ive read them all twice.
but what im not getting is, is yuuki and kaname really blood related or what im confuesed about that part.
and does anyone know if kaname is haveing a love a fare with sara when he is supposed to love yuuki??????........

someone please help me!!!!
Old 2009-10-05, 05:48   Link #1104
vampirelover2009
sam

can some one help me answer a question???
if so please send me a mesage.
Old 2009-10-05, 15:26   Link #1105
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Don't Double Post, Just Edit Your post if you want to add something to it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirelover2009 View Post
well my question is....
are yuuki and kaname really related??? ive read them all but im still a little confuesed a little bit.....
Yes, Yuuki and Kaname are both related. Kaname was originally the ancestor of Yuuki who had probably died at one point. Kaname now inhabits the body of Yuuki's brother after Rido tore his (Her original brother's) soul out and replaced it with Kaname's. So, He is both Relative by blood and by ancestral ties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirelover2009 View Post
and my next question is, is yuuki and kaname lovers, i think they are but if there related then....., but my real question on that is, is that sara girl and kaname lovers as well...
i dont know someone please help me find my answer to my questions. please.
No, Not from what we know currently. He's quite devoted to Yuuki.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 07:33   Link #1106
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken's Smile View Post
Why do I feel chills down my spine...? The idea of marrying your great-great-great-great-grandfather..... Good grief!
I totally threw up in mouth a little bit after reading this. I couldnt even entertain the thought of it thats why Yuki and Kanames relationships always seemed so disturbing not just siblings but ancestors as well ewwww
Old 2009-10-09, 12:05   Link #1107
hobbitheart

Haha, yeah. Having romantic feelings for your great-something-grandfather is a bit disturbing. But then again for vampires, it's not odd for siblings to procreate. I really don't understand Kaname. I don't know what his intentions are. I don't think he's evil persay, but I don't like his methods. The fact that he wiped out the whole Vampire Council was a very obvious example of his manipulation. I actually LIKE the council, despite the fact that it was corrupted. I think there needs to be a check on the balance of power-there's too much of it in the purebloods' hands. What if a pureblood was really bad (as we've seen)? They could control everything! I don't know if Kaname's gentility is genuine-I think he does love Yuuki, but he's manipulating her, just like the rest. And if Yuuki finds out that he's not her brother, what will she do? I'm thinkin' she should go to Zero....
hobbitheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 12:57   Link #1108
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Read the latest chapter; is it just me or is Yuuki getting more and more annoying? O_o Yuuki is not a heroine I care much for. She's indecisive and can't hold a shovel let alone a sword. When she turned Vampire earlier, I thought she was going to be strong and fighting but she immediately reverted back to her damsel-in-distress mode again. T_T And then there's her indecisiveness between Kaname and Zero. She's hurting both guys with her actions.

To me, the VK plot basically moves forward because of the guys - left to Yuuki, and we're probably still at chapter 2. I really like to know how it ends (for the guys), and that curiosity of mine is probably the only thing that is holding me to VK; for everything else, I am getting a bit bored and irritated (*glances over at Yuuki*). T_T;

One thing is interesting though, there is a rift within the Vampire clan, much like there's a rift in the Hunter's Assoc. Both groups appear to be a reflection of each other in many ways. And it appears that Yuuki's friend may play quite a signficant role after all - maybe the catalyst to the final battle. However, from this chapter I sense that the era of the Purebloods may be coming to an end, and, with them, that of all vampires.

Just one final thought, who are the Vampires sleeping in that castle that Akatsuki and Ruka went to a chapter or two back? And what did Sara use to blackmail Ichijo with to have him with her?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 08:29   Link #1109
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitheart View Post
Haha, yeah. Having romantic feelings for your great-something-grandfather is a bit disturbing. But then again for vampires, it's not odd for siblings to procreate. I really don't understand Kaname. I don't know what his intentions are. I don't think he's evil persay, but I don't like his methods. The fact that he wiped out the whole Vampire Council was a very obvious example of his manipulation. I actually LIKE the council, despite the fact that it was corrupted. I think there needs to be a check on the balance of power-there's too much of it in the purebloods' hands. What if a pureblood was really bad (as we've seen)? They could control everything! I don't know if Kaname's gentility is genuine-I think he does love Yuuki, but he's manipulating her, just like the rest. And if Yuuki finds out that he's not her brother, what will she do? I'm thinkin' she should go to Zero....
I liked the Vampire Council too but their storyline is the biggest plotholes in this story. Kaname takes them all out in one night but for some reason no other pureblood has thought of that even after all we here about the things the Vampire Council has done to Purebloods and others Vampires. Why were they so feared in the first place? Rido seemed to be there ace in the hole but for the past 10 or so years he was stuck in a coffin. Why didn't Shizuka just slaughter the council and find him after? Doubt he'd put up much of a fight. I blame it all on pureblood inbreeding. They'd have to be some sort of mental retardation for them to allow this to go on when practically no one could stop them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Read the latest chapter; is it just me or is Yuuki getting more and more annoying? O_o Yuuki is not a heroine I care much for. She's indecisive and can't hold a shovel let alone a sword. When she turned Vampire earlier, I thought she was going to be strong and fighting but she immediately reverted back to her damsel-in-distress mode again. T_T And then there's her indecisiveness between Kaname and Zero. She's hurting both guys with her actions.

To me, the VK plot basically moves forward because of the guys - left to Yuuki, and we're probably still at chapter 2. I really like to know how it ends (for the guys), and that curiosity of mine is probably the only thing that is holding me to VK; for everything else, I am getting a bit bored and irritated (*glances over at Yuuki*). T_T;

One thing is interesting though, there is a rift within the Vampire clan, much like there's a rift in the Hunter's Assoc. Both groups appear to be a reflection of each other in many ways. And it appears that Yuuki's friend may play quite a signficant role after all - maybe the catalyst to the final battle. However, from this chapter I sense that the era of the Purebloods may be coming to an end, and, with them, that of all vampires.

I don't foresee a true resolution to the love triangle anytime soon. I don't know if I consider Yuki indecisive. I don't know if either guy really gave her much of a choice. Most particularly Zero who was extremely adamant about pushing her away. Who would she have chosen if both were willing to take her? Well my opinion on that should be fairly evident. I don't think she hurts them either since Kaname only cares about her staying with him and Zero only about her staying away from him.

A lot of the story have shifted more to the suspense of what going to happen between the Vampires and Vampire Hunters. The plots and mysteries of the various characters. We still have yet to get any significant look into Kaname's past but also we have to learn about Sara and her purpose.

Quote:
Just one final thought, who are the Vampires sleeping in that castle that Akatsuki and Ruka went to a chapter or two back? And what did Sara use to blackmail Ichijo with to have him with her?
No idea on the first part. Hopefully we find out more soon though that he was checking out the resting place of Purebloods might mean Kaname is worried about some being awakened to go against him. At least that's my theory. I think Ichijo is with her mainly due to the fact she'd probably hurt him badly if he wasn't. Also she's a beautiful woman a little S&M play is certainly acceptable in that situation.
Old 2009-10-11, 11:40   Link #1110
hobbitheart

[QUOTE=Slick_rick;2698121]I liked the Vampire Council too but their storyline is the biggest plotholes in this story. Kaname takes them all out in one night but for some reason no other pureblood has thought of that even after all we here about the things the Vampire Council has done to Purebloods and others Vampires. Why were they so feared in the first place? Rido seemed to be there ace in the hole but for the past 10 or so years he was stuck in a coffin. Why didn't Shizuka just slaughter the council and find him after? Doubt he'd put up much of a fight. I blame it all on pureblood inbreeding. They'd have to be some sort of mental retardation for them to allow this to go on when practically no one could stop them.QUOTE]

I didn't think of that. Now I wonder the same thing...
As with Shizuka, I feel (and I may be wrong) that while she wanted revenge for her lover, I think she was mostly overwhelmed with grief. She took her vengeance out on the Kiryuuz', so I feel like she didn't really care about anything else. Or maybe she liked the Council's chaos, and decided to watch from a distance. Maybe she wanted them to wipe out Kaname for her. Her intentions to me are rather ambiguous.
hobbitheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 15:03   Link #1111
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitheart View Post
Shizuka....... She took her vengeance out on the Kiryuuz', so I feel like she didn't really care about anything else. Or maybe she liked the Council's chaos, and decided to watch from a distance. Maybe she wanted them to wipe out Kaname for her. Her intentions to me are rather ambiguous.
Or she was afraid of the consequence of taking down the council.
Old 2009-10-11, 15:21   Link #1112
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
I liked the Vampire Council too but their storyline is the biggest plotholes in this story. Kaname takes them all out in one night but for some reason no other pureblood has thought of that even after all we here about the things the Vampire Council has done to Purebloods and others Vampires. Why were they so feared in the first place? Rido seemed to be there ace in the hole but for the past 10 or so years he was stuck in a coffin. Why didn't Shizuka just slaughter the council and find him after? Doubt he'd put up much of a fight. I blame it all on pureblood inbreeding. They'd have to be some sort of mental retardation for them to allow this to go on when practically no one could stop them.
I would have to say, the Purebloods didn't care. As for Shizuka, the Kiryuu Family was the people who directly killed her lover, She killed them. She doesn't have a reason to attack the council. Both Sarah and Rido seem(ed) to be in support of the council because they also have a lower opinion of Humans. Kaname was probably the only person who had a concern for what direction vampires were going in (For Yuuki's sake, or he was genuinely concerned). That other pureblood family found by Kain and Ruka just didn't even want to deal with the current generation.

Last edited by Foreshadow; 2009-10-11 at 15:55.
Old 2009-10-14, 09:11   Link #1113
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken's Smile View Post
Or she was afraid of the consequence of taking down the council.
I didn't know she had such a bleeding heart towards mankind. Guess that's one more thing she has over Kaname.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
I would have to say, the Purebloods didn't care. As for Shizuka, the Kiryuu Family was the people who directly killed her lover, She killed them. She doesn't have a reason to attack the council. Both Sarah and Rido seem(ed) to be in support of the council because they also have a lower opinion of Humans. Kaname was probably the only person who had a concern for what direction vampires were going in (For Yuuki's sake, or he was genuinely concerned). That other pureblood family found by Kain and Ruka just didn't even want to deal with the current generation.
You'd think they be forced to care with the stories we hear of Purebloods being sold and the fact that they seemed to be more treated like prisoners than anything else. My question is who in their right mind who allow these things to happen when they have the power to stop it. Who cares about humans but self preservation would tell them that the VC was up to not good.

The VC needed to be taken into hand much earlier. They were not a proper check and balance system since apparently the Council had no real fear of purebloods who allowed, either through apathy or pure stupidity, them to do whatever they wanted. The council kept the Society in line but Purebloods should have kept the Council in line but they apparently failed miserably at that.

What are purebloods like anyway? I thought they were suppose to be more calculating, manipulative and powerful. I didn't know they were such fools. The VC is out there plotting and killing and Purebloods are either supporting them, uncaring, or chasing after their little sister's skirt. Pretty pathetic. No wonder they are so few of them left if that's their mentality. How would any sane person allow this to go on when they had power at their disposal to stop it?
Old 2009-10-14, 13:35   Link #1114
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
You'd think they be forced to care with the stories we hear of Purebloods being sold and the fact that they seemed to be more treated like prisoners than anything else. My question is who in their right mind who allow these things to happen when they have the power to stop it. Who cares about humans but self preservation would tell them that the VC was up to not good.

The VC needed to be taken into hand much earlier. They were not a proper check and balance system since apparently the Council had no real fear of purebloods who allowed, either through apathy or pure stupidity, them to do whatever they wanted. The council kept the Society in line but Purebloods should have kept the Council in line but they apparently failed miserably at that.

What are purebloods like anyway? I thought they were suppose to be more calculating, manipulative and powerful. I didn't know they were such fools. The VC is out there plotting and killing and Purebloods are either supporting them, uncaring, or chasing after their little sister's skirt. Pretty pathetic. No wonder they are so few of them left if that's their mentality. How would any sane person allow this to go on when they had power at their disposal to stop it?
Kaname has said that the purebloods are until constant scrutiny of the vampire society. It's not just the VC that hunts them, it's the entire society. Even if the Council was taken down sooner it doesn't take away the threat to their existence. The Purebloods were best off just ignoring what happened and carrying on their lives, theres no benefit to them taking down the council.
Kaname only saw benefit because he wanted the best future for Yuki (or he genuinely cares).

The only difference between a pureblood and a regular vampire is that the pure bloods have, well, Pure vampire blood. They're all not calculating manipulative, just take a look at Yuuki. Even if you have the power to do it, if you don't benefit from it in anyway what's the point of stopping them? There is no way that they could take control of the entire society without at some point showing their weakness, which would lead to them being overtaken by the society. There's just too many people targeting them to really do anything about it, it's not worth the trouble. Especially since Kaname said purebloods don't usually feel like fighting back Here. Purebloods have the power, Vampire Society has the numbers. At some point the Pureblood would break down.
Old 2009-10-14, 17:47   Link #1115
Slick_rick

Quote:
Kaname has said that the purebloods are until constant scrutiny of the vampire society. It's not just the VC that hunts them, it's the entire society. Even if the Council was taken down sooner it doesn't take away the threat to their existence. The Purebloods were best off just ignoring what happened and carrying on their lives, theres no benefit to them taking down the council.
Kaname only saw benefit because he wanted the best future for Yuki (or he genuinely cares).
Well I've never supported killing the Council. I said take them in hand. The Purebloods needed to exert control on them so that the council would have a healthy fear of them. The Council would not have been so quick to go steps they did if they knew they'd be consequences. For the most part they seem to act with impunity. I think the benefit was pretty clear even back then, their very lives.

Quote:
The only difference between a pureblood and a regular vampire is that the pure bloods have, well, Pure vampire blood. They're all not calculating manipulative, just take a look at Yuuki. Even if you have the power to do it, if you don't benefit from it in anyway what's the point of stopping them?

Yuuki is the exception so far to what we have seen of Purebloods but she was raised human so they might be the reason she isn't. Though Yuki does have a bit of a calculating and manipulative side to her.

Quote:
There is no way that they could take control of the entire society without at some point showing their weakness, which would lead to them being overtaken by the society. There's just too many people targeting them to really do anything about it, it's not worth the trouble. Especially since Kaname said purebloods don't usually feel like fighting back Here. Purebloods have the power, Vampire Society has the numbers. At some point the Pureblood would break down.
So you're saying what Kaname is doing now is not worth the trouble because eventually the Vampire Society would overtake them? Maybe then he should them just go back to not do anything while they plot his downfall. The fact that the Purebloods don't feel like fighting back is why I find them so pathetic. This situation would have never had happened if they took some care towards their own survival or the condition of Vampire Society. The fact that they seem so apathetic towards it befuddles me.
Old 2009-10-14, 18:01   Link #1116
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
So you're saying what Kaname is doing now is not worth the trouble because eventually the Vampire Society would overtake them? Maybe then he should them just go back to not do anything while they plot his downfall. The fact that the Purebloods don't feel like fighting back is why I find them so pathetic. This situation would have never had happened if they took some care towards their own survival or the condition of Vampire Society. The fact that they seem so apathetic towards it befuddles me.
Yes, That probably would happen eventually. His Major weakness is Yuuki. She gets captured and he'd loose a level head leading to his demise. But I'm not so sure as Kaname is depicted as so perfect that he probably wouldn't show any weakness whereas someone like Yuuki might (As seen with Yori).
Since almost every member of vampire society is attacking them, trying to retaliate to all of them would just be a futile effort. Some fall, more replace them. It also puts them in a negative light as they're (Vampire Society) being "polite" at the same time.
In the case of their survival, It probably happened to soon to expect, and before they knew it only a handful remained. It's similar to Native Americans in the United States - No Purebloods remain. The steps of intermarrying are what ensure their survival now.
Old 2009-10-15, 12:49   Link #1117
Slick_rick

Quote:
Yes, That probably would happen eventually. His Major weakness is Yuuki. She gets captured and he'd loose a level head leading to his demise. But I'm not so sure as Kaname is depicted as so perfect that he probably wouldn't show any weakness whereas someone like Yuuki might (As seen with Yori).
Since almost every member of vampire society is attacking them, trying to retaliate to all of them would just be a futile effort. Some fall, more replace them. It also puts them in a negative light as they're (Vampire Society) being "polite" at the same time.
Well Kaname is certainly shown to have his own supporters in the Vampire Society. I don't believe it such a futile task. Maybe more desperate now because of the Purebloods own negligence and also Kaname actions which made more enemies and bad blood.

Quote:
In the case of their survival, It probably happened to soon to expect, and before they knew it only a handful remained. It's similar to Native Americans in the United States - No Purebloods remain. The steps of intermarrying are what ensure their survival now.
Bad analogy. The Native Americans certainly knew what was going on. They just, unlike the Purebloods, didn't have the power or technology to win. They fought till the bitter end and even now they're still certainly many Native Americans alive today.

I didn't realize you had such a negative opinion of the Purebloods chances. I don't completely disagree. They probably are a species on there way to extinction but they have no one to blame but themselves for it. To have gotten to this point is makes me think little of purebloods.
Old 2009-10-15, 13:20   Link #1118
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Bad analogy. The Native Americans certainly knew what was going on. They just, unlike the Purebloods, didn't have the power or technology to win. They fought till the bitter end and even now they're still certainly many Native Americans alive today.
I think you misunderstood me. "Before they knew it" isn't an analogy for them not knowing that they were "endangered". It meant that it only takes a short amount of time for it to happen, and from a small number to renumber the population is extremely difficult (Not to mention the world is against them, rather then trying to help).
Old 2009-10-15, 13:48   Link #1119
Slick_rick

Quote:
I think you misunderstood me. "Before they knew it" isn't an analogy for them not knowing that they were "endangered". It meant that it only takes a short amount of time for it to happen, and from a small number to renumber the population is extremely difficult (Not to mention the world is against them, rather then trying to help).
I got what you're were saying. You were trying to imply that it happened so suddenly that the Purebloods couldn't fight back and they were in a hopeless situation. I don't believe that to be the case. The situation seemed to be going at least around the time Yuuki was born and it was probably going on for quite a while before that also. The Purebloods chose not to fight back even though they had the power to oppose the council. Why? That's a good question. I don't believe the world is against them, most people I expect to be fairly apathetic to the situation as long as there not involved but Purebloods seem to be willing to make more enemies at the drop of a dime. Purebloods truly defy logic. Where smart men might make allies to fight against an enemy they make even more enemies for the hell of it.
Old 2009-10-15, 14:18   Link #1120
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
I got what you're were saying. You were trying to imply that it happened so suddenly that the Purebloods couldn't fight back and they were in a hopeless situation. I don't believe that to be the case. The situation seemed to be going at least around the time Yuuki was born and it was probably going on for quite a while before that also. The Purebloods chose not to fight back even though they had the power to oppose the council. Why? That's a good question. I don't believe the world is against them, most people I expect to be fairly apathetic to the situation as long as there not involved but Purebloods seem to be willing to make more enemies at the drop of a dime. Purebloods truly defy logic. Where smart men might make allies to fight against an enemy they make even more enemies for the hell of it.
That's not quite what I was implying. The purebloods became "endangered" out of assimilating with another species. They Didn't make the measures to preserve their species until they were almost totally assimilated (which is the reason for their low numbers). Then, after, the danger of the society became immanent, and when their blood's use became public that's when they were in that hopeless situation (aka, Them against the world). The thing is though, They didn't make any more enemies. They only ignored the ones they had. I'm sure some purebloods would like to live peaceful lives then constantly fighting/controlling the endless numbers of the vampire society (As the Kuran Family gave up the monarch system). Of course, Kaname being the exception to that.

Why take out the VC when they pretty much leave you alone? The council will not attack purebloods openly, dealing with them would only give more opportunity for the purebloods to show their weakness.

Last edited by Foreshadow; 2009-10-15 at 15:18.

Tags
manga