Old 2009-07-09, 19:00   Link #20821
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
i mean it
i wasnt talking about suzakalle at all
and if you want to change the topic, feel free (got no ideas)

Ah lol blade, i shall keep my Kallen topic till you return. You and Vlad as well, i mean you guys are banned and i am not? Now that is something that shall go down to history. And i am talking with a banned person, yeah, i am crazy. 8D
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 22:27   Link #20822
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
My translation and dub are more in the lines "you will be able to become a Britannian now, nobody will ever be able to hurt you." I am not sure, this backs up a prior-bullying, i think her mother is just happy, because Kallen gets to be a Britannian from "all aspects", granted benefits, she might have not been able in the past, or even compared to her own {as mama} situation.
This still seems to imply prior bullying to me. The "nobody will ever be able to hurt you" line lends itself to the interpretation that Kallen has been getting a fair level of harassment, and for a signifigant part of her life. A comment like that is pretty weird unless it is in comparisson to something.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 06:27   Link #20823
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
This still seems to imply prior bullying to me. The "nobody will ever be able to hurt you" line lends itself to the interpretation that Kallen has been getting a fair level of harassment, and for a signifigant part of her life. A comment like that is pretty weird unless it is in comparisson to something.
I say it is more of a 50/50 then.
Old 2009-07-10, 17:34   Link #20824
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Personally, I always assumed from the statement that Kallen may have been bullied from both sides of the tracks prior to being accepted into the Stadtfeld family where they could use their status to hide her mixed-race status. The fact is, half breeds are often, regretably, mistreated on both sides. Kallen may have been ostracized by both Japanese (which would explain why her Japanese friends are all so much older than her, as they were probably first her brother's friends) and Britannians, who probably treated her a ghetto trash prior to her joining the Stadtfeld family (which was probably fairly recently as she appearently went to a Japanese school through middle school). It can be assumed that her brother did alot to stop the bullying, but w/ him gone, it's likely that her mother thought this was the only course to stop it.

Anyway, just my two cents,

youngde, signing off.

P.S., As a Reformed Church pastor's kid, I would be in remiss if I didn't wish everyone a happy 500th birthday of John Calvin (July 10, 1509-2009). YEAH!!!
Old 2009-07-10, 18:08   Link #20825
incorrupts
Banned

Actually, Kallen's past is way confusing. I mean, we do not even get her relationship with her father at all {probably a key, why she went against Britannia that much {?} apart from the injustice notion and how her mama was shit-treated.} and we do not even know, about her bro and how he came to the decision to establish the order. Too foggy, in general.

[right now, you would have blade posting a tl;dr post, ah, the day where i would miss blade's posts came, the world is crumbling down, haha]
Old 2009-07-10, 20:13   Link #20826
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

We don't even know how or when her brother died D:
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 21:42   Link #20827
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
We don't even know how or when her brother died D:
In fact, like I already said, about Kallen's past we can invent everything.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 07:04   Link #20828
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
In fact, like I already said, about Kallen's past we can invent everything.
Yeah, except that we do not. We can just guess and go, with the most "Safe" shot, and what would make sense, with what we already got. Exceptx2, we do not have much to begin with.
Old 2009-07-11, 14:47   Link #20829
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, except that we do not. We can just guess and go, with the most "Safe" shot, and what would make sense, with what we already got. Exceptx2, we do not have much to begin with.
Well yeah, I mean we can't invent ANYTHING about her past just because we never saw it. We can't go off and say that she used to be a swash-buckling pirate or that her brother was killed by howler monkeys

But going back to the original issue of whether Kallen was abused by her fellow Japanese. I think that's a safe assumption and it's certainly very plausible. I don't think we can say it to a certainty, but it is possible and if it did happen than more power to her.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 14:48   Link #20830
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Well yeah, I mean we can't invent ANYTHING about her past just because we never saw it. We can't go off and say that she used to be a swash-buckling pirate or that her brother was killed by howler monkeys

But going back to the original issue of whether Kallen was abused by her fellow Japanese. I think that's a safe assumption and it's certainly very plausible. I don't think we can say it to a certainty, but it is possible and if it did happen than more power to her.
Possibly. I mean, you gotta wonder why the staff had her mother said that line, but on the other hand, you cannot be sure.
Dude, staff, you should have shed moar light, lol. //apparently original plans for R2, had her father to come in play but alas, we shall never know.
Old 2009-07-11, 14:58   Link #20831
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Possibly. I mean, you gotta wonder why the staff had her mother said that line, but on the other hand, you cannot be sure.
Dude, staff, you should have shed moar light, lol. //apparently original plans for R2, had her father to come in play but alas, we shall never know.
True that. Ah, but so many characters got short-changed. Well, on the plus side, it gives us something to talk about.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 15:00   Link #20832
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
True that. Ah, but so many characters got short-changed. Well, on the plus side, it gives us something to talk about.
More like speculate. But dude, you would think that Kallen could at least get a bit more of background, being on the main-5. I mean, Shirley got way more family-background, lol.
Ah well, i always say "it could be worse" so yeah.
Old 2009-07-12, 16:56   Link #20833
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
here is a new point that i would like to raise regarding lelouch's actions in ep 22
i dont remember if it was already pointed out, but i would like to re-raise it to debate
the reason lelouch kept quite, was because of euphie

we kept seeing how R2 mirrored certain events of season 1
i'd say that this was a mirroring of ep 22 in a way
only this time lelouch learned a lesson

so lets compare the two
there is a huge event that could put an end to the conflict
lelouch shows up to this event intent on malice rather then actual peace
meeting him after his arrival is the girl in question (euhpie in season 1, kallen in season 2)
after landing lelouch specificly asks for a chance to speak to the girl in private
the two end up talking in private

now in season 1 lelouch came there with the intent of having euphie destroy herself and everything she stands for, in a way that would be to his benefit
lelouch heres her talk and end up deceiding against this
however, by making a wrong comment he ends up doing exactly that
both making euhpie destroy everything she had ever worked for, and then later on killing her

season 2
kallen comes to the meeting with his intentions unclear at first (specificlly asking her for a chance to talk)
if her told kallen how he feels about her right then and there, he would have done to HER exactly what he did to euphie
make her destroy herself for him, and later on kill her (or at least doom her to death)
so this time, instead of risking that he might say the wrong thing, he keeps silent the whole time
he CANT afford to say anything to kallen that might hint of how he feels, because that way he would be dooming her to the same fate as euphie

in other words, he learned a lesson from what he did to euphie, and was unwilling to risk the same thing happening to kallen
Old 2009-07-12, 17:05   Link #20834
azul120

Different (the first had more to do with Evil Eye powers), yet similar.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 17:16   Link #20835
incorrupts
Banned

oh blade, i missed those posts <33 //lol, i turned into blade-vlad-lovesick while you were missing guys 8D

Hum, in what you said, there are a bit of similarities, but the concept of them and the outlook {especially if it is about ZR in the second} "force" Lelouch to be more secretive in the case with Kallen. One slip, and it might ruin all. So yeah, one thing Lelouch learned from Euphie incident is "dude, like dude, do not talk when it is not necessary." 8D
No srsly, he wanted to drive her away, and that was pretty much the way to go. Apart from him and his feelings {?? nature of ??} towards her, that probably "led" him to STFU anyway. {probably, to his surprise as well}
Old 2009-07-12, 17:19   Link #20836
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

the method would be different
but the result would be the same
he would have ended up making kallen destroy everything she ever believed in and stood for, and eventually get her killed
but it would benefit him
just like what happened with euphie
only this time, he made up his mind to make sure that history wouldnt repeat itself
Old 2009-07-12, 17:20   Link #20837
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the method would be different
but the result would be the same
he would have ended up making kallen destroy everything she ever believed in and stood for, and eventually get her killed
but it would benefit him
just like what happened with euphie
only this time, he made up his mind to make sure that history wouldnt repeat itself
Well, yeah, but his feelings for Euphie and Kallen were of different nature. And different nature feelings, can trigger different reactions and resolutions.
But well, one thing is true, he did not want to drag Kallen into hell with him, even if that would pretty much ensure ZR's success. Woah, that much love Lulu? You impress me kid. Haha. 8D
Old 2009-07-12, 17:22   Link #20838
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

lelouch IS a pretty impressive guy after all
Old 2009-07-12, 17:52   Link #20839
azul120

Quote:
Well, yeah, but his feelings for Euphie and Kallen were of different nature. And different nature feelings, can trigger different reactions and resolutions.
But well, one thing is true, he did not want to drag Kallen into hell with him, even if that would pretty much ensure ZR's success. Woah, that much love Lulu? You impress me kid. Haha. 8D
They were both people he cared for though, even if the former was not (any longer) a romantic interest. He didn't want to make the same mistake twice.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 17:54   Link #20840
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
They were both people he cared for though, even if the former was not (any longer) a romantic interest. He didn't want to make the same mistake twice.
And ah, what did i say differently? I just think, that the nature of his feelings towards Kallen and the ZR-part, forced him to take that certain resolve.